Topic Author

AC J-class | YVR - HKG (HD Vid & Pics)

Wed May 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Greeting from Hong Kong: Here is a trip report from a very recent flight. A few ‘teaser pics‘, but do see the vid.

AC007: YVR - HKG
pre-departure meal and refreshment
Atlantic smoked salmon with Sweet Potato Blinis, Asparagus and Mustard Dill Crème Fraiche
Mixed greens, grape Tomatoes and Parmesan served with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Grilled AAA Beef Tenderloin presented with Demi-glace sauce, Yukon Gold Mash, Zucchini and roasted Tomato with Pesto
Apple, Blueberry, Strawberry and Rhubarb Streusel Tart
Dim Sum Selection
Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Pesto Cream Sauce, Basmati Saffron Rice, Green Beans and Cherry Tomato Confit

RE: AC J-class | YVR - HKG (HD Vid & Pics)

Thu May 31, 2012 5:42 am

Your pics remind me when I flew YVR-HKG in January 200 on a Canadian Airlines 747-400 (before the merged with Air Canada), especially because I had a window on the left side and we were very heavy taking off. Some really beautiful scenery over Vancouver. I have seen AC 777-300ER and 777-200LR in HKG.
Have you kissed a 777 today?

Thu May 31, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi Andrew,
Great vieo report, enjoyed it very much.
Thanks for sharing!

Brendan // adamspotter

Thu May 31, 2012 5:34 pm

Nice trip report reminds me when I took Cathay Pacific YVR-HKG which originated out of JFK in New York, unfortunately that was a late night departure so I was not able to see anything in YVR Vancouver, your video showed what I missed! , question though all the route info I notice were in miles, they don't show it in kilometers?

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:41 am

Hi, thanks for the trip report. It brings back good memories of Vancouver when I went there this March. Great Canadian hospitality and food!
I took AC economy and had a trip report where some of the replies agreed that the catering was a little sub-standard for a long haul flight from LHR-YVR, but looking at your photos of Business catering, it sure looks like they've done a great job!