emirates202
Topic Author

American Airlines 777 First Class: JFK-HND

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:36 pm

This summer, I spent 3 weeks in Thailand doing community service and volunteering with a group of other high school students. Of course, my favorite part about this is that I get to fly there. All I knew was that I wanted to try out a new airline's First Class. I thought about the possibilities, but finally settled on AA F/JL J and CX J/F, using BA Avios. I was excited about the flights, but also excited about doing the program in thailand and meeting new people! (I was the only guy of 14 other girls, so you know why I was excited!) I couldn't wait for July 23rd to come around, and it finally did!

I got to the airport about 2 hours before the scheduled departure time. I waked into the terminal, quickly found AA Premium check in, and went straight to the First Class lane. Check in was very fast, and even with my two suitcases, I was checked in and on my way to security within 1 minute! I said bye to my mom, and went to the Priority AAccess lane. JFK was busy, and it took about 15 minutes to get through. After I was airside, I walked to the Flagship Lounge, located inside the admirals club where the agent checked my BP, and scanned a key card to allow me into the Flagship lounge. It was pretty nice, and I had some chicken and salad while relaxing watching the views outside the window. At 6:30pm, I decided to leave the lounge for the gate, for our 7:10 departure. I arrived at the gate and boarding was yet to start. I was definitely premium gate lice today as I was standing right in front of the rope, waiting for boarding to begin. They finally started to board at 6:50, and I was the first person aboard AA135 to Haneda.
The flight was uneventful and good. It was my first time on AA international First Class, and I enjoyed the experience. The food was delicious, and the seat was comfortable enough for me to sleep for about 8 hours. The load was 7/16. The crew was by far the best American Airlines crew I have ever had, and the purser was very friendly and nice. I also received the new pajamas which are nice and comfortable, and I am wearing them as I type this right now! We arrived into Tokyo at 10:30pm the next day, parked at a remote stand, at which point we were bussed to the terminal, where I was connecting onto JAL Business Class to Bangkok. I cannot wait to try out the new AA F seats when they receive their 777-300ER.
I have made a video of my seat which can be found here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1COKw0669Tk

I hope you enjoy it, and stay tuned for my TR of CX First Class from Hong Kong to New York via Vancouver, and The Pier First Class Lounge and Shower room, which should be up in a few hours. Thanks for watching, and please be sure to thumbs up and subscribe!

-emirates202
Fly Emirates, Hello Tomorrow

chopchop767

RE: American Airlines 777 First Class: JFK-HND

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Very nice to see a trip report featuring AA! The swivel feature of the seat is really nice.

I've never seen the Flagship Lounge at JFK, but would think it to be one of AA's better lounges; similar to United's First Lounge in SFO.

Thanks for sharing!
this year: nap, lgw, fra, dub, fco, add, jib, muc, iad, sea, dca, bos, cdg, ist, bah, prg, ord, hsv, cmn