eg777er
Topic Author

Video TR: London City To New York On BA Business

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:31 pm

My latest video trip report is now available to view at

http://youtu.be/moGJY4reglU

It covers a flight from London City to New York via Shannon, on BA's 32-seat all-business class service on a specially configured Airbus A318. The video includes the rocket-style departure from LCY, the stop in SNN, arrival into JFK and the inflight service in between.

I have been flying this service since its second day of operation and it continues to impress: great onboard service, internet connectivity, comfortable seating adds up to an extremely convenient and exclusive way to cross the pond.

readytotaxi

RE: Video TR: London City To New York On BA Business

Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Well done, nice polished report there.
Glad to see that you still get the wonderful scone and jam with the afternoon tea.
Like the idea of a starter on the short hop and then the main course on the long leg.
since you have been doing it how are the loads most of the time?
Thanks for posting.  
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

woody1974

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Nice trip report. I think the only thing that would discourage me from an A318 jaunt over the pond would be the turbulence in the N. Atlantic. I've been beaten up pretty good in significantly larger birds.

baldwin471

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Quoting Woody1974 (Reply 2):
Nice trip report. I think the only thing that would discourage me from an A318 jaunt over the pond would be the turbulence in the N. Atlantic. I've been beaten up pretty good in significantly larger birds.

That's what i'd be slightly concerned about also. I actually quite enjoy light to moderate turbulence, but i've crossed the Atlantic on bigger birds like the 744/772/333 and at times the turbulence is pretty scary, even in jets of that size, so i wouldn't want to experience those levels in a 318.

sfflyer123

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:19 pm

I thought airliners.net stopped letting us post links to youtube. How did you get yours approved?