Topic Author

JetBlue E190 BOS-SRQ

Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:40 pm

Welcome to my first trip report on A.net! My dad and I were flying to SRQ for 7 days for a vacation, as well as a C172 flight from SRQ, a visit to Embry-Riddle, and planespotting at SRQ and TPA (although those aren't included in this post).

We booked the flight about 2 months in advance and the prices favored a multi-city itinerary. So we booked BOS-SRQ for the outbound flight and TPA-BOS on the way back.

We had about an hour to burn before the flight, so I took some pictures before we boarded. Luck was on our side that day because we saw a B6 A320 with sharklets, a AA 738 with the new livery, and a CM 737.

N807JB rocking those sharklets.

I have to tell you, the new AA livery looks better in person.

A CM spotting at BOS.

Date: August 17, 2013
Airline/Flight #: B6 741
Route: BOS-SRQ
Equipment: E190
Reg #: N324JB (‘’Blue Traveller‘’)
Seat: 18D (window)

My ride to SRQ with the blueberries tail.

Better shot of the tail with 9K props in the background.

Boarding began promptly at 10:11am from one of the three secluded terminal C gates, C41. I still got some decent shots from there, though.

"Blue Bonnet" pushing back in the alleyway, destined for DCA.

Pushback began at 10:41am and we took off from runway 27 at 10:53 for an on-time departure.

During the flight we encountered some turbulance east of Wilmington and dipped deep into Florida before turning towards SRQ.

B6 741 flight track showing storms east of the Carolinas and the dip into S. Florida.

Video of approach, landing, and taxi-in at SRQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqJ7PTw-ouQ

We landed at 10:53pm on SRQ's runway 14, and pulled up to gate 9 at 10:55pm.

As usual, the "JetBlue Expreience" is second to none. The added bonus was flying into SRQ, which was closer to where we were staying than TPA.

SRQ is an underserved airport, especially now that FL is gone, but it is an incredibly beautiful and clean facility.

SRQ Baggage Claim

Stand by for my trip report from TPA-BOS A320 stand-by venture with B6!

RE: JetBlue E190 BOS-SRQ

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:33 am

Great report with grea pics from Boston! It's cool to see some smaller airports featured in a TR.  

Also kinda cool, I flew on N324JB three days earlier from CHS to JFK!
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

RE: JetBlue E190 BOS-SRQ

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:15 am

Quoting cessna53996 (Thread starter):
I have to tell you, the new AA livery looks better in person.

I've seen it in person.
Soooooooooooooo gaudy. Brutalist, even in person.
"Jersey Shore" meets livery design.

Quoting cessna53996 (Thread starter):
Better shot of the tail with 9K props in the background.

I'd love to get on those props sometime!