A388
Topic Author

Ceiba Intercontinental Airlines 777LR Status?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi,

Some time ago I saw photo of the Ceiba Intercontinental Airlines 777-200LR (registered 3C-LLS) and it was parked in Hamburg back than. Today I saw new photos of the aircraft still being parked in Hamburg but this time with the registration, owner titles, stickers now having been removed. On wikipedia it is mentioned that this 777 is stored and to me that would indicate that the aircraft is either for sale or lease and that the airline concerned (in this case Ceiba Intercontinental) will not take the aircraft anymore.

Has this airline abandoned the use of this brandnew 777-200LR? What's the future of this brandnew aircraft? Any takers (EK or QR seeing that the aircraft is still brandnew or is it a VIP configured aircraft)?

A388

Qantas744er

RE: Ceiba Intercontinental Airlines 777LR Status?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:53 pm

The aircraft in undergoing interior fitting at Lufthansa Technik in HAM. The interior fitting can take anywhere from a few months to over a year for a aircraft of this size.

Many other private B737/74/75/76/77s and AB's have been placed in long term storage at HAM while the engineers plan and customize the fitting of the aircraft. Every customer places a unique order for their aircraft which means that everything is practically custom made in the LH technik shops, which just happens to take a long time.

The Saudi B744 HZ-HM1 fitted at Jetaviation in BSL was in storage for almost two years before finally being fitted.
You live and you die, by the FMA

A388
Topic Author

Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:02 pm

That explains it a bit and I know VIP aircraft can take longer for interior fitting but why is every identifiable marking on this aircraft covered up? Why hide it?

A388

atcsundevil

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:38 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 2):

Is there a chance the deal with a lessor fell through? I've seen aircraft painted in shiny new liveries and get to the fitting stage just when the deal falls apart ... it happened with Royal Brunei a few years back trying to acquire a UA/ex-Varig B772 -- I saw it about to be fitted at MZJ just after being painted in full Brunei livery but the deal fell apart and the aircraft was obviously never delivered. It seems to me that if the aircraft is being fitted and all is well (regardless of the length of time to fit the aircraft) that they wouldn't bother covering the reg, logo, name, etc., particularly if it was just painted ... that typically only happens when the airline is no longer associated with the aircraft.

I think the questions you're raising are certainly valid because it doesn't sound to me like all is going according to plan.

A388
Topic Author

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 3):
that typically only happens when the airline is no longer associated with the aircraft.

I think the questions you're raising are certainly valid because it doesn't sound to me like all is going according to plan.

Yes, that is what I meant. It also seems strange to me that every identifiable marking has now been covered. I guess time will tell...

A388

n471wn

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 3):
it happened with Royal Brunei a few years back trying to acquire a UA/ex-Varig B772 -- I saw it about to be fitted at MZJ just after being painted in full Brunei livery but the deal fell apart and the aircraft was obviously never delivered

Actually two 777's were painted in the colors of Royal Brunei and there is a picture of them side by side somewhere----both these aircraft happily went on to Transaero where they are active today.....

However Boeing 777 (Serial # 27108---line #17) still sits at Wallops Island where it is impounded since the Government of Gabon refuses to pay the $10 million dollar outfitting bill.......seems to me that with the 777 being such a hot commodity that they ought to sell this one as well to Transaero.....

BrouAviation

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Quoting Qantas744ER (Reply 1):
The Saudi B744 HZ-HM1 fitted at Jetaviation in BSL was in storage for almost two years before finally being fitted.

Forgive me for being ignorant, but the dimensions of a 744 cabin are known long before the actual airframe is delivered, no? What does them stop from making sure all interior parts are lined up for installation as soon as the airframe arrives..?
Never ask somebody if he's a pilot. If he is, he will let you know soon enough!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos