florens
Topic Author

Would You Book A SN Ticket Now

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:30 pm

Hey guys

I was looking at flights from Zurich to Stockholm and came across flights with LX/SN via BRU to BMA.

The flight would be in July

After the recent events, would you recommend booking flights with SN or simply not to because of the unclear situation at BRU?
Kind regards, Florens

OA260

RE: Would You Book A SN Ticket Now

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:45 pm

I would go ahead and book it. One thing that SN have proved is they have handled an impossible situation quite well under the circumstances. I have been quite impressed by the way they have handled things.

By then hopefully things will be back to a near normal in terms of operations. They would re book you if any issues with that particular day/flight anyway.

mercure1

Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:08 pm

Considering the airport authority estimates repairs and reconstruction would take atleast 6-months, I would avoid BRU.

Simply why deal with any potential headaches or negative experience when not needed? Its one thing if you had to visit BRU itself, its another if you are simply looking for a transit airport.
mercure f-wtcc

Viscount724

Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:01 am

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 2):
Simply why deal with any potential headaches or negative experience when not needed? Its one thing if you had to visit BRU itself, its another if you are simply looking for a transit airport.

Agree. Air travel has enough problems these days without adding even more uncertainties. It's for exactly the same reason why I always avoid connecting in France. There are too many strikes and other labour disruptions compared to the rest of Europe, including major disruptions/delays again in France this week.

I almost always fly KLM within Europe and have never even heard of a strike involving KLM, or Dutch air traffic controllers, or airport workers etc. etc.

WearyDrover

Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:18 am

Well I am scheduled to fly to BRU in May so hopefully everything will be alright on the day.

The flights aren't crucial to my overall travels, just a day trip from HAM. If need be I could cancel but it would be a shame to miss a potential second meeting with a fellow Anetter.
A man may learn wisdom even from a foe - Aristophanes

OA260

Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:07 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 3):
avoid connecting in France. There are too many strikes and other labour disruptions compared to the rest of Europe, including major disruptions/delays again in France this week.

The way things are going you would be more sure of a hassle free trip going Via BRU than CDG. I always avoid CDG it would be a last option. Id rather do a double connection in other European airports.

larshjort

Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:51 pm

Yes, even if terrorist were to strike BRU again you would never leave the sterile area.
139, 306, 319, 320, 321, 332, 34A, AN2, AT4, AT5, AT7, 733, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 146, AR1, BH2, CN1, CR2, DH1, DH3, DH4,

LAXintl

Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:32 pm

I would avoid BRU. Why risk potential added hassle?

SN likely will have operational/ontime performance issues for months to come at the airport as reduced capacity temporary check-in facilities are utilized and the security theater continues.

Unless there is absolutely no other choice, I'd opt for something else and not potentially knowingly create a potential travel problem for myself.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

n729pa

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:00 am

Short answer is yes.

From a security aspect, you are at no more risk now at BRU than you might be at CDG, LHR, AMS etc. Maybe you might actually be slightly better off due to the increase in security and less people moving through BRU.

Operationally - by July it will be better than now, but if people are avoiding BRU then you may find the reduced volumes of traffic might actually help your passage.

I was in MAD at the weekend and they had a large number of armed troops both in the public side in the terminal, and some beyond security too. I'm afraid to say I don't think we've seen the last of these type of attacks in airports, copy cats and nut cases are all over the world. But then we can't stay at home as lunatics attack shopping malls etc too.

Ultimately it's your call really, it depends on the price/budget/convenience of the flight etc., if you have another option you could consider it too.

seat64k

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:46 pm

I just booked LHR-BRU-LHR flights with SN for next week. Does that answer your question?

klm672

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:53 am

Quoting seat64k (Reply 9):
I just booked LHR-BRU-LHR flights with SN for next week. Does that answer your question?

Report back and let us know how its goes.

seat64k

Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Quoting klm672 (Reply 10):
Report back and let us know how its goes.

Will do if I don't oversleep and miss my flight! Check-in closes at 05:50!