November 20, 2010
This is only one surviving completly restored Typhoon on the World. Built under sub-contract by the Gloster Aeroplane Co Ltd at Gloucester as one of total 3317 Typhoon aircrafts, delivered to RAF in Ferburary 1944. In April 1944 transfered to USA for flight evaluation, in response to a USAAF requirement to investigate the Typhoons' potential as a fighter-bomber. In 1949 allocated to the National Air Museum of the Smithsonian Institute, Washington. In 1968 shipped back to England, fully restored an in 1972 moved to RAF museum Hendon. Painted as the post D-Day Normandy invasion strafer of the Second Tactical Air Force.