Search found 6145 matches

by CX Flyboy
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:44 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2020
Replies: 106
Views: 34469

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2020

VRHNM wrote:
Rumour has it that the world's first A330 has been retired today. Cathay Dragon B-HLJ (ex-VR-HLJ, F-WWKA) has left HKG as KA2486.



It has indeed been retired and will be scrapped in Taipei.

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:53 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: COVID-19 Cargo Discussion Thread (Cargo Operators and Passenger Airlines Operating Cargo Only Flights)
Replies: 469
Views: 56898

Re: COVID-19 Cargo Discussion Thread (Cargo Operators and Passenger Airlines Operating Cargo Only Flights)

https://rogistics.net/airfreight/wellcamp-of-oz-adds-cathay-cargo-only-b777-flights/

Cathay launches a series of 777-300ER cargo-only flights to Toowoomba Wellcamp airport in Australia. (Our 747Fs have been going in there for a while already)

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun May 17, 2020 2:45 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Will Have 7,000 Extra Pilots in Fall
Replies: 176
Views: 23743

Re: DL Will Have 7,000 Extra Pilots in Fall

Made to stay at quarantine hotel till covid-19 tests results were in. If the test indicated he had it, straight to the hospital via ambulance. If it did not, fourteen day self quarantine with wrist bracelet and monitoring app running on his phone, with stiff penalties for violating quarantine. Why ...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sat May 16, 2020 3:01 pm
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Covid-19 Interesting One-Off Flights
Replies: 61
Views: 8788

Re: Covid-19 Interesting One-Off Flights

Delta A350 in HKG last week. Air Austral 77W in Guangzhou today as well as a LATAM 77W in Xiamen too. LATAM has had a few flights into China recently. Also noticed an AeroUnion 762F heading into China a few days ago and again last week. WizzAir are sending several planes in and out of China every da...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:29 am
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Covid-19 Interesting One-Off Flights
Replies: 61
Views: 8788

Re: Covid-19 Interesting One-Off Flights

Gathered a list of unusual flights operated in the last few weeks Virgin Atlantic: BNE-AKL-HKG-CDG Should be Virgin Australia. Their first flight of the series just departed HK. Interestingly, Virgin Australia recently ceased flights to HK (because of bad loads - not necessarily because of the viru...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:27 am
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Covid-19 Interesting One-Off Flights
Replies: 61
Views: 8788

Re: Covid-19 Interesting One-Off Flights

Don't think these are one-offs. Delta has been operating ORD-FRA cargo-only flights for a few weeks now. Looks like it happened yesterday, today, and two more flights tomorrow evening. https://flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=ord&destination=fra I think the Delta cargo flights have empty ...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:49 pm
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Covid-19 Interesting One-Off Flights
Replies: 61
Views: 8788

Re: Covid-19 Interesting One-Off Flights

A quick glance at Chinese airspace most times of day will reveal interesting cargo flights. Russian TU-204Fs, IL76s, An124s flying in and out of various cities. WizzAir A320s/321s have been flying 3-4 aircraft in line to chinese cities. SmartLynx A320s, GetJet A333, Tarom 737s all the way to Shenzhe...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:21 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 777 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020
Replies: 169
Views: 41725

Re: Boeing 777 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

I expected the Aeroflot to be in the new colours :wideeyed: Now that you mention it, indeed! Either the new scheme is for the A350 only (unlikely), or they forgot to inform Boeing (stranger things have happened...) :hissyfit: It's a stunningly beautiful photo btw :bigthumbsup: Aeroflot probably doe...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:13 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 777 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020
Replies: 169
Views: 41725

Re: Boeing 777 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

I expected the Aeroflot to be in the new colours

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:00 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II
Replies: 1993
Views: 336510

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

The HKG stoppage was planned a while ago as part of their RR 787 grounding. Cathay are flying services on behalf of ANZ with a CX flight number (albeit a 4 digit one) So ANZ has 30 long range aircraft and for right now the only long range destination they have is LAX. 8 Boeing 777-200 13.9 Years 8 ...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:18 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II
Replies: 1993
Views: 336510

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Air New Zealand suspends 85% of its international flying until June. Suspending LAX-LHR, AKL-ORD, IAH, SFO, EZE, YVR, NRT, HNL, DPS, TPE. Sounds like only 7 international destinations left Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast,Melbourne, Sydney, Hong Kong, Los Angeles LAX to London–Heathrow was supposed t...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:43 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Cargo facts Rumor: Airbus nears launch of A350 freighter
Replies: 139
Views: 22004

Re: Cargo facts: Airbus nears launch of A350 freighter

In the past, CX expressed a lot of interest in an A359 based freighter and prodded Airbus to go ahead with its development. But, given the current situation at CX, I don't think they are in a position to make any commitments for new aircraft at this time. That’s news to me! Not heard so much as a r...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:42 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Cargo facts Rumor: Airbus nears launch of A350 freighter
Replies: 139
Views: 22004

Re: Cargo facts: Airbus nears launch of A350 freighter

Sources closes to the well informed Cargo Facts say Airbus will be moving forward with a A350 freighter. Cargo Facts is aware of at least one Asia-based carrier that was pitched the A350F and declined to make a purchase commitment. In the past, CX expressed a lot of interest in an A359 based freigh...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:08 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Cathay Pacific News and Discussion thread
Replies: 252
Views: 87631

Re: Cathay Pacific to cut capacity

There will always be a place in the CX fleet for an efficient high-capacity aircraft with the flexibility to do shorter regional sectors between longhaul flights. The 779 is that aircraft and while there probably won't be 50+ (Like the 77W), we will have a smaller fleet and with high load factors an...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Cathay Pacific News and Discussion thread
Replies: 252
Views: 87631

Re: Cathay Pacific to cut capacity

I don't know how you get this figure, but it is totally wrong if we refer to the plan announced by CX in November 2019. https://s2.ax1x.com/2020/01/14/lq3Mzd.png That is the old plan already that is published. The new plan is for 10 77Ws to go. Any reliable source? My management....but I can't shar...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:24 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Cathay Pacific News and Discussion thread
Replies: 252
Views: 87631

Re: Cathay Pacific to cut capacity

Where are all the B777-300ERs especially the ones with First going? When is Cathay due to get B777X, any more soft demand, especially in higher classes, and I wouldn't surprised if Cathay moved the deliveries further down the line. How many more A350s are due? They may delay those too if they could...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:37 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Cathay Pacific News and Discussion thread
Replies: 252
Views: 87631

Re: Cathay Pacific to cut capacity

Where are all the B777-300ERs especially the ones with First going? When is Cathay due to get B777X, any more soft demand, especially in higher classes, and I wouldn't surprised if Cathay moved the deliveries further down the line. How many more A350s are due? They may delay those too if they could...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:30 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Another 747-400F back to work.
Replies: 18
Views: 8344

Re: Another 747-400F back to work.

mikeinatlanta wrote:
Was I the only one to ever get a photo of this AC? Every article I've seen uses the one I took.


Quite a few photos taken of it here in Hong Kong. It was here all the time.

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:11 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Manila Airport Closed, Taal Volcanic Eruption
Replies: 44
Views: 7966

Re: Manila Airport Closed, Taal Volcanic Eruption

airport has been closed a few hours now. Some flights diverted, such as QR and EY to HKG. The EK from CEB turned around and went back there. Air Nuigini diverted into CEB. An EVA which for an unknown reason did a missed approach there ended up diverting as well, possibly to KHH. One of our planes wa...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:33 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Airbus A350 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019
Replies: 1187
Views: 532244

Re: Airbus A350 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Yesterday Hong Kong Airlines' B-LGD flew HKG-LDE for storage.

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019
Replies: 951
Views: 245620

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Boeing 789 N1015B Dreams Take Flight on a test flight at PAE https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDzjGaOUYAAGp20?format=jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDzjGaNU0AEfVq-?format=jpg https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/1170059716577284096?s=20 Whats the story of the titles on the underside? "In Memory of...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:22 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Cathay Pacific CEO Rupert Hogg resigns
Replies: 45
Views: 12476

Re: Cathay Pacific CEO Rupert Hogg resigns

“Strike”?? Maybe something lost in translation? Or do they mean that single day where many workers in HK took a day off work? (Officially or otherwise)

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:50 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Cathay Pacific planes flying on Cathay Dragon flights?
Replies: 7
Views: 1905

Re: Cathay Pacific planes flying on Cathay Dragon flights?

If that's the case then why the transfer of KUL flights to KA? PEN and KUL went to KA who operate the majority of flights. Why transfer, don’t know. Probably mainly based on what the market competitors are on the routes. Industrial issues at CX and the inability for them to crew all the flights req...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:48 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Cathay Pacific CEO Rupert Hogg resigns
Replies: 45
Views: 12476

Re: Cathay Pacific CEO Rupert Hogg resigns

I've not read whether they are leaving Swire, or simply resigning from Cathay and awaiting reassignment elsewhere in the Swire empire. While it is a shame Cathay is having to buckle to political bullying, I wouldn't necessarily worry about those departed leaders being able to feed their families jus...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:21 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: CAAC issued security warning against Cathay over Hong Kong protest, ban protest-supporting staffs from flying into China
Replies: 146
Views: 26773

Re: CAAC issued security warning against Cathay over Hong Kong protest, ban protest-supporting staffs from flying into C

Just giving people some background, the whole "security warning" probably originate from this: https://www.facebook.com/cathaypacificHK/posts/1722658091211220 There's also another legislator in LegCo (Jeremy Tam Man-ho) that is a CX pilot and had appeared in many protests also. Those two ...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:19 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: CAAC issued security warning against Cathay over Hong Kong protest, ban protest-supporting staffs from flying into China
Replies: 146
Views: 26773

Re: CAAC issued security warning against Cathay over Hong Kong protest, ban protest-supporting staffs from flying into C

Genuine question: how hard would it be for a CX pilot to get a job in Europe or the US? I feel for the pilots at Cathay. You were/are apart of great, modern airline with a very “Western” lifestyle. This now threatens a lot of that. Your job is in high demand globally. If it were me, I’d seriously b...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:52 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019
Replies: 1441
Views: 369905

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

StTim wrote:
How long and how costly was the rework on the terrible teens?


But that was an unusual event and not the standard to which normal and future certification programs should be scheduled to.

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:25 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019
Replies: 951
Views: 245620

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

The Civil Aviation Department here still have no knowledge of a 787 coming to the HK register - normally a long process of paperwork and certification. A contact in HKA says they are definitely not coming. Having said that, this is the airline industry where things change daily and stranger things h...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:28 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 777 Production/Delivery Thread 2019
Replies: 247
Views: 75704

Re: Boeing 777 Production/Delivery Thread 2019

N76021 wrote:
Hello guys thanks for update
Just curious what happened to ANA`s three 777-300ERs since they have been there for a while and not delivered yet



There are two of them at VCV last I saw.

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:01 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Ethiopian Airlines 737MAX crashes enroute to Nairobi Q1 2019
Replies: 5479
Views: 742174

Re: Ethiopian Airlines 737MAX crashes enroute to Nairobi

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere before but does the MCAS function have an inhibit based on altitude or time after takeoff? or is it operating immediately whenever airborne?

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:11 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Ethiopian Airlines 737MAX crashes enroute to Nairobi Q1 2019
Replies: 5479
Views: 742174

Re: Ethiopian Airlines 737MAX crashes enroute to Nairobi

I disagree. Boeing should not be catering to the lowest common denominator. Its too late boss! With the predominance of aviation as an industry and the rapid geographical spread (compared to the 60s/70s), it is necessary for the manufacturer and regulator both to ensure that planes can be operated ...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:49 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019
Replies: 1441
Views: 369905

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

I notice in the video link there, when he is interviewing the painter (at around 4:30 mark onwards), he says the painting will take on the longer side of the 4-7 day estimate because of "the new livery, something we've never done before". Hmmm....

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:57 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: BA492 Unstable Go-Around at GIB / Diverted to AGP
Replies: 116
Views: 25003

Re: BA492 Unstable Go-Around at GIB / Diverted to AGP

On the face of it, I would say this was PIO. However I recall when I was living in Hong Kong pre takeover, there was an incident involving an A320 at the old airport. The aircraft had severe lateral control issues following a map carried out near the checkerboard. The memory is hazy though and I ca...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:37 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019
Replies: 951
Views: 245620

Re: 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

On the A350 thread there was a list of airlines expected to receive the aircraft this year. What airlines are receiving the 787 this year? For who's taking what refer to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FH3Y2-vRUgojntPkCSJI5Pd-15rsJ1a0SFCRaT-iqgo/edit#gid=19 New operators of the 787 Hong Kon...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:03 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: End of the road for Swiss Super Constellation HB-RSC?
Replies: 19
Views: 6038

Re: End of the road for Swiss Super Constellation HB-RSC?

If the Swiss won't allow it, it does not mean the plane is finished. They can sell it or re-register it and operate it elsewhere. It's either airworthy, or it isn't. Its country of registration cannot change that. Wing spar corrosion is not trivial. The consequences of failure are not an acceptable...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:42 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: End of the road for Swiss Super Constellation HB-RSC?
Replies: 19
Views: 6038

Re: End of the road for Swiss Super Constellation HB-RSC?

If the Swiss won't allow it, it does not mean the plane is finished. They can sell it or re-register it and operate it elsewhere.

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:47 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2018
Replies: 1177
Views: 314660

Re: 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2018

The rumours in Hong Kong are that because of all the financial issues, the 787s would not be coming anymore. They even paid their staff late a couple of months ago citing financial issues and delays in funding. Their A350 deliveries have started again after skipping two frames that apparently financ...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:43 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: SQ / CX & EDI
Replies: 10
Views: 2084

Re: SQ / CX & EDI

CX has been looking at another destination in the UK but it isn't up north. That chart above should give you some ideas.

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:03 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Airbus A350 Production/Delivery Thread 2018
Replies: 1683
Views: 637035

Re: Airbus A350 Production/Delivery Thread 2018

CX always seems to have a track record of picking up test frames. Who knows, perhaps they will want these. I'm sure they have been offered. Well... This is true with the A330 and B777, but most probably not the case after the A346! :rotfl: CX didn’t take any 346 test frames.... Perhaps the referenc...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Airbus A350 Production/Delivery Thread 2018
Replies: 1683
Views: 637035

Re: Airbus A350 Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Does anybody knows if there's some progress on selling the prototype frames ? There is one A350-900 prototype sold MSN5. MSN1 and 3 are not expected to be sold. MSN 1 is still doing test flights. MSN3 is judged to expensive to rework. MSN2 and 4 are either just in storage or being converted to sale...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:37 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Thai Airways pilot on ZRH-BKK refuses to fly because his friends couldn't get First Class seats
Replies: 136
Views: 25306

Re: Thai Airways pilot on ZRH-BKK refuses to fly because his friends couldn't get First Class seats

And how do you feel about workers (any industry) going on strike to stand up for their contractual rights? A group of workers inconveniencing the customer vs a single worker brave enough to do the same. Is it different? Perhaps striking should be made illegal then, because ultimately if the custome...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:48 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Thai Airways pilot on ZRH-BKK refuses to fly because his friends couldn't get First Class seats
Replies: 136
Views: 25306

Re: Thai Airways pilot on ZRH-BKK refuses to fly because his friends couldn't get First Class seats

As a customer, sometimes you have to put up with things like what happened in this incident. Perhaps you prefer the airline you are flying on to treat it's staff badly but know that the guys in charge of looking after your life are probably not the best out there. Many customers don't care who thei...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:18 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Thai Airways pilot on ZRH-BKK refuses to fly because his friends couldn't get First Class seats
Replies: 136
Views: 25306

Re: Thai Airways pilot on ZRH-BKK refuses to fly because his friends couldn't get First Class seats

Pilots are not easily replaceable. It costs huge money to train to be a pilot and airlines cannot have their pilots all resign for greener pastures all the time and simply interview, train new ones and replace them on a whim. "Good" pilots with experience are not easy to come by in this da...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:32 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Thai Airways pilot on ZRH-BKK refuses to fly because his friends couldn't get First Class seats
Replies: 136
Views: 25306

Re: Thai Airways pilot on ZRH-BKK refuses to fly because his friends couldn't get First Class seats

The truth or facts don't matter. This is airliners.net. We are all free to make strong entitled opinions about incidents armed with vague "facts" from internet articles, which as we know are always 100% accurate.

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:48 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Ryanair - Guy chases missed plane onto the tarmac
Replies: 50
Views: 8095

Re: Ryanair - Guy chases missed plane onto the tarmac

Lighten up people. If you can't go through life having a laugh at things along the way then you have very sad lives.

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:03 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: A350 in service thread - 2018
Replies: 111
Views: 31414

Re: A350 in service thread - 2018

Any information as to how the A350-1000 performing in service? It appears Qatar frames pretty punctual but CX seem frequently well adrift of schedule .....could CX use it as substitute aircraft on regionals so ad hoc ....hopefully once deployed on long haul routes figures will improve. The past few...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:07 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Airbus A350 Production/Delivery Thread 2018
Replies: 1683
Views: 637035

Re: Airbus A350 Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Someone83 wrote:
audidudi wrote:
The fifth A350 for Hong Kong Airlines was delivered today. #5 in August...#51 in 2018.

Airbus A350-941 235 B-LGE Hong Kong Airlines delivery 31 Aug18 TLS-HKG ex F-WZHJ


Isn’t it their first delivered?


No, this is their 5th. Perhaps you are thinking of Hainan Airlines?

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:55 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Taoyuan airport/TPE not a competitive transit hub?
Replies: 26
Views: 4125

Re: Taoyuan airport/TPE not a competitive transit hub?

very big airspace delays through Taipei airspace recently. Traffic has grown to a level that with a bit of bad weather around, things grind to a halt. As I type this (sunday noon-ish) all traffic in neighbouring Hong Kong bound for destinations through TPE airspace (I.e Japan, Korea, N. America etc...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:33 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Taoyuan airport/TPE not a competitive transit hub?
Replies: 26
Views: 4125

Re: Taoyuan airport/TPE not a competitive transit hub?

very big airspace delays through Taipei airspace recently. Traffic has grown to a level that with a bit of bad weather around, things grind to a halt. As I type this (sunday noon-ish) all traffic in neighbouring Hong Kong bound for destinations through TPE airspace (I.e Japan, Korea, N. America etc)...

Jump to post
by CX Flyboy
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:26 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Airbus A350 Production/Delivery Thread 2018
Replies: 1683
Views: 637035

Re: Airbus A350 Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Hong Kong Airlines released an internal memo that it will delay the delivery of several aircraft over the next few years. "While we won't receive any additional A330s in 2018, we will still receive two additional A350s in the fall. Other aircraft that were planned for 2018 and early 2019 will ...

Jump to post