Search found 1201 matches

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 25
by 2122M
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:14 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Facts On Gun Violence In America
Replies: 20
Views: 818

Re: Facts On Gun Violence In America

To summarize, Mr. Extender sees no problem with the way things are and sees no reason to change anything. Mass shootings and gun violence be damned! Reasonable people everywhere disagree. And no-one is changing anyone's mind. Also, you can absolutely regulate a right. We've covered this with you bef...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:19 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws
Replies: 104
Views: 2327

Re: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws

extender wrote:
I, _____, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;


And yet you were happy to shed the 4th amendment of that very same constitution in a previous thread....

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:06 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws
Replies: 104
Views: 2327

Re: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws

I'd love to hear your take on this. Specifically, how does the US government address fatherlessness? It created the trend. Go back and look at Johnson's War on Poverty. Welfare thereby reduces the financial need for marriage. Since the beginning of the War on Poverty, less-educated mothers have inc...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:50 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws
Replies: 104
Views: 2327

Re: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws

Address societal issues, address fatherlessness, address mental health, I'd love to hear your take on this. Specifically, how does the US government address fatherlessness? Is there a lot of evidence that mass shootings are typically committed by those without a father anyway? Specifically what soc...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:47 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws
Replies: 104
Views: 2327

Re: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws

Personal issues? Such as? Plenty of laws going around, some make sense, others don't. Have you ever asked yourself why it is OK to ride a motorcycle without a helmet, but you get a ticket if you don't wear your seatbelt? In many states, its not legal to ride without a helmet. Now, back to your main...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:40 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Sarah Palin’s husband files for divorce
Replies: 21
Views: 1221

Re: Sarah Palin’s husband files for divorce

I can disagree with her all day long, but I wouldn't wish person pain on anyone. I'm sure it's very difficult for them both after 30+ years with all the kids etc.. I guess if I ever went through a difficult personal hardship, I'd like to think people I've disagreed with politically wouldn't revel in...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:37 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws
Replies: 104
Views: 2327

Re: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws

It is hard to enforce any law, when there are issues with funding for law enforcement. Many of you are saying laws need to be enforced. Who enforces the law? The government. When the government has limited resources, they will cherry pick cases to be cost effective. There's that loophole again. How...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:08 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws
Replies: 104
Views: 2327

Re: Put Your Faith in Government, More Laws

Lots of people asking for more laws. They complain why laws can't be enforced. If the state can't be arsed to fund their LEO, any argument is futile. Using Illinois as an example. Link Illinois is a mess. They have a loooong history of corruption and bad governance. I'm lost on the broader point yo...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:43 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

So it seems, you cowards just lob accusations around, because at the end of the day, you have nothing to fear. Got it. I'll keep smiling, because nothing is going to change. Trump approval rating hovering around 40%, GOP, house retirements every day, 75%+ support for universal background checks. Sm...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:25 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

The object of the game is to back up your claims. How do I associate with criminals? No one really cares to be honest. Its an anonymous online forum. You can lie all day along about what exemptions or waivers your 'friends' have and there is no way to fact check that. So instead, lets stick to what...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:18 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

But you aren't going to cap society for a few bad apples. Well that's it in a nutshell. You think the gun violence problem in the US is just 'a few bad apples' and it's not worth addressing the problem. The rest of us look at the gun violence problem as an actual problem are look for ways to try an...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:45 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

extender wrote:
Not going to happen.


There's that master debater we've all come to know and love.

Jump to post
by 2122M
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:07 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

And I just blew holes in your facts, and don't bother debating. You can try, but the amendment process will never pass. Don’t need amendments. Just laws defining the existing ones. Like the one I listed above. I don’t understand what you are arguing here. There is clear precedent for restrictions o...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:57 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

So how do acquaintances of mine have them, legally? Those are much more dangerous than your dreaded AR-15? How come they aren't used in crimes. And yes, you can still manufacture and posses a machine gun that was made yesterday. You have all that emotion, but not all the facts. I listed 3 bills tha...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:40 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

WRONG! Hate speech is protected. You’re absolutely right, that’s my mistake. However, the other examples are correct and the point still stands. They 1st has evolved over time to address new challenges, there is no reason the 2nd can’t as well. I’m fact, that has already happened. There is a machin...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:28 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

So your argument is that the First Amendment only applies to things that are written with a quill and ink? The first amendment has evolved over time as limits have been placed on it regarding things like hate speech, threats, perjury, blackmail etc.... Basically the courts saw the damage the unabat...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:21 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

The first amendment has evolved over time as limits have been placed on it regarding things like hate speech, threats, perjury, blackmail etc.... WRONG! Hate speech is protected. You’re absolutely right, that’s my mistake. However, the other examples are correct and the point still stands. They 1st...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:47 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

When the Constitution was written, there were no AR-15s or Tommy guns or the weapons we have now. Likewise, there were no internal combustion engines. The "all guns all the time" crowd keeps saying it is a false equivalence and not worth debating. How? Why should assault weapons be covere...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:13 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Sharpie-gate
Replies: 58
Views: 3053

Re: Sharpie-gate

I cannot imagine an ego so fragile that he had a staffer obviously draw a circle around Alabama just so he could say he was right all along. Does he really believe people will see that obvious, garbage addition to the chart and think, "Oh hey, look at that! He was right!"? Will people do t...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:43 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

extender wrote:
Scroll up.


So you're going to stick with violating the 4th amendment in its entirety? Got it.

Jump to post
by 2122M
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:33 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

No, I am not conceding a thing. I am not the one being irresponsible with my property. The left's solution is always take away this, take away that. We can argue about it all day long, but more laws will not do a damn thing. Feel safer in gun free zones? I wouldn't, and I avoid them as much as poss...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:37 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

They sure as hell aren't imagined. They are real. So yawn, if you must, but your "get rid of guns," ain't gonna happen. Ideas? If you think there is a problem with gun violence, then I am dying to hear you proposed solutions (ones that don't involve shredding the constitution like your fi...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:32 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

extender wrote:
Until you address the lack of personal responsibility, and lack of respect for authority,


Ok, present some ideas. How do you address your perceived "lack of personal responsibility and lack of respect for authority"?

Jump to post
by 2122M
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:38 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

From what I understand, he didn't get the weapon form the place where he failed the background check. That likely means he went the private sale or gun show route where a background check is unnecessary. So you mandate background checks in private sales using a gun registration as a means of enforc...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

extender wrote:
It isn't. All of the people in my circles do the same. Stop with the loophole BS. It isn't a loophole.


Do you hang out with people that traffic guns to criminals? Are they in your circle?

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:03 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

Simple answer, no. I fill out a 4473 when I buy one, there's your registration. Do you transfer that to the person that buys the gun from you via private sale? Does that hold you liable in the event that weapon is used in a crime? I do not transfer, that is a function of a dealer. If I choose to se...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:32 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

extender wrote:
Simple answer, no.

I fill out a 4473 when I buy one, there's your registration.


Do you transfer that to the person that buys the gun from you via private sale? Does that hold you liable in the event that weapon is used in a crime?

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:25 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

No to gun registration. No to private sales. A gun is property, to be sold as desired. Slippery slope remember? So is a car, but I have to transfer that title when I sell it someone, don't I? then you say: 'But cars are not protected by the second amendment!' Then I say: I don't care. A gun registr...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:17 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

Again, how useful was a background check to the last shooting? From what I understand, he didn't get the weapon form the place where he failed the background check. That likely means he went the private sale or gun show route where a background check is unnecessary. So you mandate background checks...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:24 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

Get over the crap with the NRA. The NRA doesn't go about killing anyone. Name one mas shooter that was an NRA member. You're not going to find it. I’m pretty sure, no wait, I’m 100% sure no one accused the NRA of pulling the trigger. The point made was that the NRA pushes hard against legislation t...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:48 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

extender wrote:
All good, let's see your suggestions:


Are you two different people? Have you not been a part of this conversation for the last couple of days? I laid out my suggestions in clear detail over and over again in this thread. I'm not retyping the whole damn thing. Just scroll up.

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:41 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

extender wrote:
Sweeps, checkpoints to name a few. But wait, that's profiling. Profiling bad, can't do that. See what I mean about being handcuffed?


I thought you were in favor of preserving people rights. 2nd amendment good, 4th amendment bad?

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:33 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

There you go with the assumptions again. But you are wrong, again. I think violence needs to be addressed. I think the police needs to do something about it, without having to get handcuffed by corrupt, or stupid city governments. OK, go. Suggest something. Under the current system and using curren...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:57 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

LEGISLATION>>>VOTE>>>PASSES>>>LAW... I bet when you go overseas and people don't speak English, you are the kind of person that just repeats what you are saying in English, but louder and slower like that will help at all. Anyway, at this point you are being willfully ignorant and you are obviously...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:15 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

...but then refuse to support legislation that would allow the current law to be properly enforced. You want to read that again? If it is a law already, why would you need additional legislation to enforce it? I can pass laws all day long, but they don't' mean a thing unless I'm given the tools to ...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:40 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

There is no loophole. An Illinois resident cannot buy a gun in Indiana. Illegal. Against an existing law. And how are Illinois cops supposed to know? Laws can't deter if you can't get caught. That's the enforcement part of the whole thing. Yea, he's not getting this at all. He (or she) and others w...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:11 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

I'm sorry if you are uncomfortable with the information provided. It's conclusions run counter to your gut feelings, but I'm afraid there is nothing I can do about that, not does that fact invalidate the studies. And the registry would slow the free flow of weapons around the country and allow gun ...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:19 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

Fine and dandy in Spain, and wherever else irresponsible gun owners lurk, but in the US, it is in the Constitution. So as I said before, good luck. As for the NRA badge, I'm not an NRA member. Can you tell me what part of the constitution says we have the right to bear arms without background check...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:43 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

National gun registry, insurance requirements, universal background checks, allowing the CDC to study gun violence as a public health issue..... None of the measures prohibit the ownership of firearms by law-abiding citizens, would you give them a shot in a effort to save lives? Now explain how tho...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:06 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

Great. So that would require action in congress. New rules and regulations and I think would have the overwhelming support of American's. Shouldn't the NRA want to throw its full support behind something like this? I can understand why the NRA would have a problem with it. The information would lik...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:14 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

That's already illegal, though. The buddy in this case would be facing felony charges for supplying firearms to people who are not allowed to own them. Once again, better enforcement of existing laws is needed before we worry about making new ones. OK, great, I agree with you on this. So how do we ...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:05 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

A handgun permit is issued by the county that you live in. If you live in Chicago and can't get a permit there, you can't just go to a gun store across the border and buy a handgun. They are legally prohibited from selling to you. But all you need is a buddy with a residence in Indiana. They can bu...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:54 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

Once again, if you can't buy a handgun in Chicago, you can't buy one in Wisconsin or Indiana. It is illegal to do so. Your argument is irrelevant. A person in Indiana can get a gun mush easier than a person in Chicago, no? For example, in Illinois, a background check is required for a private sale,...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:46 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

Saw on the news this morning that the Odessa shooter was not eligible to own a firearm. Once again, the gun laws aren't the problem. Enforcement is. Instead of worrying about new laws, how about worrying about enforcing the ones that are already on the books? It will be interesting to see how he go...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:46 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

How is that working in Chicago, DC and Baltimore? They don't, so your argument just went into the honey bucket Chicago is 45 minutes from Indiana and an hour for Wisconsin. What are their gun laws like? How about DC and Baltimore? Just a stones throw from Virginia's relatively lax state gun laws. G...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:32 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

Maybe you too can get a pardon, as Richard Reid did. Look him up. The shoe bomber? Not sure he received a pardon. 100% positive its irrelevant to this conversation and a truly odd thing to bring up. Google Richard Reid, Gun Felon, Obama Pardon. Relevant or not? Sure it is. Try again. Richard D. Rei...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:19 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

Lame excuse, and that is why you have to deflect; the data does not support your argument. Elaborate please. Why is that a lame excuse? States with lax laws are next door. That lame excuse. Lame. Like the liberal loon, Lightfoot, blames it on republicans. Gun control doesn't work. You just cannot a...

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:17 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

extender wrote:
Maybe you too can get a pardon, as Richard Reid did. Look him up.


The shoe bomber? Not sure he received a pardon. 100% positive its irrelevant to this conversation and a truly odd thing to bring up.

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:14 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

extender wrote:
Lame excuse, and that is why you have to deflect; the data does not support your argument.


Elaborate please. Why is that a lame excuse?

Jump to post
by 2122M
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:29 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop
Replies: 351
Views: 8966

Re: At least 5 dead in West Texas shooting after traffic stop

Can you share with us that mountain that shows "basic" gun control measures work? https://cdn1.sph.harvard.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/1264/2012/10/bulletins_australia_spring_2011.pdf https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26905895 https://academic.oup.com/aler/article-abstract/12/2/509/992...

Jump to post
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 25