Search found 1601 matches

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 33
by SomebodyInTLS
Sat May 18, 2019 10:20 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Some more bad news: 737 MAX simulators don't properly simulate all the force needed to turn the trim wheels.... https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/business/boeing-737-max-simulators.html This is not a surprise, of course... Simulators are designed to reproduce expected behaviour, not unplanned beha...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Fri May 17, 2019 11:53 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Why is it that all the armchair pilots on here believe they know better than trained 737 pilots with years of experience? Because a lot of us are involved in design, manufacture, maintenance etc. and might therefore know a damned sight more than a 737 pilot! :rotfl: said no F1 designer / mechanic t...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Fri May 17, 2019 2:30 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?
Replies: 96
Views: 7565

Re: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?

Just like the post I replied to Enilria showing indisputably how wind energy is both the cheapest form of energy and powers more than 15% of the UK with no harm to birds or massive amounts of human maintenance. Does that include the reserve power that has to be kept to account for variability? Some...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Fri May 17, 2019 2:26 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?
Replies: 96
Views: 7565

Re: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?

To be blunt, a lot of the sources you cite are frankly unreliable. There's political bias at issue for one. To be blunt in return, I entirely disagree (and expected that the messenger would be shot when I posted). The "truth" - for want of a better word - is that all the political bias co...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Fri May 17, 2019 11:42 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?
Replies: 96
Views: 7565

Re: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?

Well I would love to say that I did actually give you many many links to proof, after spending to much of my working day researching it all for you, but inexplicably my post disappeared. How strange! Just like the post I replied to Enilria showing indisputably how wind energy is both the cheapest f...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?
Replies: 96
Views: 7565

Re: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?

The economic benefits of using renewables is far greater than all the old technologies. WIND AND SOLAR ARE ALREADY CHEAPEST! Nuclear is by far the MOST EXPENSIVE way to generate electricity. Show me an economic cost-benefit analysis proving this, please. If wind and solar were the cheapest they'd o...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 16, 2019 1:56 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

Of course I’m going to go for it — says @BorisJohnson about the Conservative leadership speaking at @BIBAbroker in Manchester #BIBA2019 source Well, well, Boris Johnson will take some responsibility for this at last? Although he will not be able to get a hard Brexit past parliament so we'll see wha...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 16, 2019 1:44 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?
Replies: 96
Views: 7565

Re: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?

na wrote:
Worst are cargo ships anyway.


Electric ships are arriving as well... again, because it is becoming cheaper than fossil fuels for the operators...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 16, 2019 1:41 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?
Replies: 96
Views: 7565

Re: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?

No, because climate change is an externality. The benefit (to themselves) of travel greatly exceed the negative impacts they (personally) will experience from climate change. And even so, how much does one plane ticket really contribute (by itself) to climate change? Not very much. So there's no re...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 16, 2019 1:34 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?
Replies: 96
Views: 7565

Re: Climate Change - Is aviation heading for a slump?

1. Aviation is growing as fast as ever, right now even the take up of electric cars is small and in most cases isn't actually about climate change but other reasons such as the Tesla factor or efficiency. Plus with the majority of our electricity coming from coal anyway its not actually doing much....

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 16, 2019 12:18 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

(On the subject of discussing Boeing's problems instead of just blaming pilots)

Saintor wrote:
You are totally diverting the issue (and conveniently not answering basic questions).


[Read thread title... rolls eyes...]

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 16, 2019 12:11 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

InsideMan wrote:
Why is it that all the armchair pilots on here believe they know better than trained 737 pilots with years of experience?


Because a lot of us are involved in design, manufacture, maintenance etc. and might therefore know a damned sight more than a 737 pilot!

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Tue May 14, 2019 5:27 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

xmp125a wrote:
I am curious whether a very normal female of 1.6 cm and 50 kg would actually be able to handle 737 (MAX or NG).

Any thoughts or even data on this?


I'm pretty sure a 1.6cm person of any sort would find piloting a MAX tricky. How would they even get from the pedals to the top of the yoke? ;)

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Tue May 14, 2019 1:44 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

I've always been a contrarian - If 20 people say something is black I'll say wait a second maybe you are missing something maybe it's white. It helps me in my Day Job as a portfolio manager - PM me and I'll give you proof of who I am if you don't believe me. No, it's okay. I think your first line e...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Tue May 14, 2019 11:18 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

It's definitely having a knock-on effect. I just had to deal with a travel agent for some people who invited me to something, and she told me she was had changed my booking to switch me onto a different flight because the original booking was a 737-800. I stifled my laugh, since the flight she swit...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Tue May 14, 2019 10:05 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

However that was superseded by the Generic Boeing Instruction from 2015 on all Boeing models - this is a Memory item. "A few days back I received a new procedure in my 737 QRH, for airspeed unreliable. We now have a set of thrust settings in combination with a specific pitch attitude, as memor...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Tue May 14, 2019 8:43 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

The fact the mixing of populations has gone back for centuries. The fact that Ireland was once part of the UK. Ah ok, it is a proximity and a cultural thing. So, according to you, you think the rest of the EU is too different to reside in your country. May I dare to say it that you are talking abou...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Mon May 13, 2019 11:50 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

It's definitely having a knock-on effect. I just had to deal with a travel agent for some people who invited me to something, and she told me she was had changed my booking to switch me onto a different flight because the original booking was a 737-800. I stifled my laugh, since the flight she swit...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Sun May 12, 2019 11:09 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

If a new version of an aircraft is developed, I am pretty sure it has to respect the saltest regulations or things must be demonstrated to have equivalent level of safety. So what's this fuss about grand fathering? It does not really exist any more. I am not even sure those guys who write those thi...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Sat May 11, 2019 5:11 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

We'll just ignore the fact that proposals were rejected since they were unfeasible and contradictory to various laws and even themselves...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Sat May 11, 2019 5:44 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Updated: Aeroflot 1492 SSJ100 fire at Moscow (SVO) - 40+ confirmed dead
Replies: 786
Views: 125910

Re: Updated: Aeroflot 1492 SSJ100 fire at Moscow (SVO) - 40+ confirmed dead

Many years ago I clearly remember aircraft engine manufactures working with fuel suppliers to create a fuel that wouldn’t burn during a crash if tanks were torn open. I honestly can’t remember if this was 80s-90s-2000s. Jet fuel is basically kerosene. It’s really not that flammable in a liquid stat...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Fri May 10, 2019 8:16 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

See here: https://youtu.be/QytfYyHmxtc?t=2120 "We knew that FAA would not certify 2 sensor setup without level D training" I’ve seen this stated before, and I’m not doubting it’s true, but what is the logic behind it? Why would two sensor inputs require sim time while 1 does not? I’m not ...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 09, 2019 11:56 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Updated: Aeroflot 1492 SSJ100 fire at Moscow (SVO) - 40+ confirmed dead
Replies: 786
Views: 125910

Re: Updated: Aeroflot 1492 SSJ100 fire at Moscow (SVO) - 40+ confirmed dead

I think it should be in every safety announcement that carry on bags remain in the event of a need to evacuate the plane. Not picking on you, but it already is on flights I board these days - the fact you say this maybe shows it doesn't work. I've noticed they've been getting more emphatic about it...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Wed May 08, 2019 12:34 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Updated: Aeroflot 1492 SSJ100 fire at Moscow (SVO) - 40+ confirmed dead
Replies: 786
Views: 125910

Re: Updated: Aeroflot 1492 SSJ100 fire at Moscow (SVO) - 40+ confirmed dead

drajoshi wrote:
What prevents aircrafts from having a central locking mechanism for overhead luggage which can be activated once descent begins and released open once at parking gate.


Expense, weight, maintenance, additional certification... etc. etc.

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Tue May 07, 2019 11:40 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

For those of you who think AI is just around the corner, I recall a statement made by an MIT professor who taught AI. He said something like “they say AI is just around the corner. I think it will always be just around the corner.” We're not talking about AI. We're talking about systems less compli...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Sat May 04, 2019 12:28 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

Dieuwer wrote:
I am not following UK politics closely, but the Lib Dems are like the UK version of D66?


Ha ha ha! I have voted for both at some point over the decades so I suppose that's a yes.

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Sat May 04, 2019 12:20 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

Nice predictable spin there... All I did was present the results. Who mentioned "logic" or "barometer"? You're arguing with yourself. You clearly know nothing about British politics. These were local elections. I am seriously getting pissed off with Brexiteers inability to compr...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Fri May 03, 2019 4:02 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Is Google photoshopping planes out of maps?
Replies: 42
Views: 7267

Re: Is Google photoshopping planes out of maps?

And the current satellite view on Google is *NOT* just compiled photographs - that's exactly why the thread was started! It's now a detailed 3D computer model of the world... and I assume the standard map view is just a different representation of the same model used for the "satellite" v...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Fri May 03, 2019 3:07 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

Nice predictable spin there... All I did was present the results. Who mentioned "logic" or "barometer"? You're arguing with yourself. You’re the one who concluded that these results represent a boost for Remainer parties. Because that is a fact. It doesn't "represent a boos...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Fri May 03, 2019 2:32 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

Nice predictable spin there...

All I did was present the results. Who mentioned "logic" or "barometer"? You're arguing with yourself.

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Fri May 03, 2019 12:39 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

So maybe this poll works better for you? https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1122177498568122370 Brexit Party 17% UKIP 4% vs. Green 4% Change UK 4% Lib Dem 6% With Labour at 33% and the Conservatives at 26% If we see the conservatives as pro Brexit and Labour as against it or for BRINO. It is ...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Fri May 03, 2019 5:22 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Agree about pushing the Ethiopian thread to here as well. But on the other point - I see no need at all for there to be a new thread! You only see a page of 50 replies each time, and if you're following it you go to the newest unread posting - so the thread could be 500,000 pages long and it would ...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 02, 2019 2:21 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Is Google photoshopping planes out of maps?
Replies: 42
Views: 7267

Re: Is Google photoshopping planes out of maps?

Maps don't show people, cars and planes. Those are called photographs. ;) And that is why Google has Maps, Satellite view is not for navigation. And Satellite view is just a compiling of...photographs. Satellite view certainly can be and is used for navigation! Because it shows more geographical fe...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 02, 2019 12:29 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Yes it is. Basically no one is taking safety seriously enough. You’ve made over 200 posts in this topic with exactly this assertion. Is it really necessary to repeat it whenever you have the chance? In the last few posts there’s even a streak with you writing 5 out of 7 posts in a row without addin...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 02, 2019 12:21 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Is Google photoshopping planes out of maps?
Replies: 42
Views: 7267

Re: Is Google photoshopping planes out of maps?

The point is to map the static ground. Not to document airplanes. Really? Surely there are specialist applications that cater for surveyors and geologists and those that require "pure" images? I thought the point of Google maps was to provide an image that was of interest to the general p...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 02, 2019 11:43 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

That is their current manifest. And you are trying to say that people against the Brexit would vote a party that is 50:50 on Brexit, maybe those people are also 50:50 and do not care at all. Party affiliation is strong. Personally, I don't think I could ever vote Conservative... and that's despite ...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu May 02, 2019 11:33 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

seahawk wrote:
So people against the Brexit vote for a party that is 50:50 on Brexit?


As do people who support Brexit... it goes both ways.

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:53 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6022379
-->

Did anyone see the previous WTO chief laughing at Ian Duncan-Smith's unicorn solution for the Irish border...?

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6022379

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:49 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Ethiopian Airlines 737MAX crashes enroute to Nairobi Q2 2019
Replies: 9
Views: 4290

Re: Ethiopian Airlines 737MAX crashes enroute to Nairobi Q2 2019

As mentioned in the post-split grounding thread, suggest pointing the Ethopian thread there and deleting this one...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:40 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 1348
Views: 133941

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Due to the last thread being long please continue discussion regarding Boeing 737MAX grounding below. For the time being we will open a thread each quarter however that is subject to review Just a reminder to debate the topic and not each other and if quoting from other sources make sure it is with...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:54 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q1 2019
Replies: 6472
Views: 704185

Re: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide

There was an article about an ($ optional $) OAG malfunction indicator, that was standard on previous 737 versions. Can't find it back.. I'll second this question: there have been hints in the last couple of pages of this thread about a warning light which was standard in the NG but became an optio...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:33 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q1 2019
Replies: 6472
Views: 704185

Re: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide

On Apr 27th 2019 it became known, that four independent whistleblowers, current and former Boeing employees, had called the FAA hotline for whistleblowers regarding aviation safety concerns on Apr 5th 2019. The concerns reported were wiring damage to the AoA related wiring as result of foreign obje...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:31 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau
Replies: 688
Views: 44836

Re: Brexit part 6: Encore un moment Monsieur le Bourreau

Bostrom wrote:
It seems very calm indeed. Does anyone know what is happening in London? Are they actually using the extension to create some kind of solution?


:|
:smile:
:)
:D
:mrgreen:
:biggrin:
:lol:
:rotfl:

Hahahahhhhhh... ooohhhhhh... Oh deary me!

Good one! :bigthumbsup:

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:21 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q1 2019
Replies: 6472
Views: 704185

Re: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide

For about the millionth time MCAS was not designed as a stall prevention system. For about the millionth time, it is by definition (literally) intended to aid in stall prevention. (And arguably - with the change in authority - actually did become a stall prevention system...) If you stop denying th...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:13 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q1 2019
Replies: 6472
Views: 704185

Re: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide

Well the bizarre thing is MCAS isn't really needed to make the MAX safe - it's just needed MCAS to meet a specific regulation that the MAX was barely over on. I don't think anyone can conceive that an MAX without MCAS would be unsafe and lead to crashes as even the worst trained pilots would recogn...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:25 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q1 2019
Replies: 6472
Views: 704185

Re: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide

It exists for a reason - to help the Pilot notice they are getting close to a stall You keep sticking to this - but that is only what MCAS was *ostensibly* for *before flight test*! That doesn't explain why authority changed from 0.6 units to 2.5 units trim - which would indicate that stability (th...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Ethiopian Airlines 737MAX crashes enroute to Nairobi Q1 2019
Replies: 5474
Views: 708767

Re: Ethiopian Airlines 737MAX crashes enroute to Nairobi

https://www.newsy.com/stories/american-airlines-pilots-eye-boeing-faa-amid-bad-headlines/ At an April 12 meeting about the 737 MAX, Tajer says the FAA raised eyebrows: telling pilots and airlines the agency didn't test a failure of the 737 MAX's MCAS feature. "The FAA disclosed to us that the ...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:00 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q1 2019
Replies: 6472
Views: 704185

Re: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide

I have a huge problem with it because MCAS is not fitted as a stall protection system and it does not prevent stalls Nope. Protection does not assume prevention . [...] Are you having hard time understanding terminology? It does seem like people are mentally twisting to avoid having the word "...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:37 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q1 2019
Replies: 6472
Views: 704185

Re: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide

I really am more concerned about the AoA vane failure rate as it has the potential to impact many airplane fault trees and FMEA's. And I've been saying this since a couple of weeks after the Lion Air crash - during that first thread it became clear that a fault downstream in the avionics looked lik...

Jump to post
by SomebodyInTLS
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:30 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q1 2019
Replies: 6472
Views: 704185

Re: B737MAX Grounded Worldwide

And once again, MCAS was not a stall prevention device. The pilot could still stall the MAX with MCAS operating. MCAS was designed to make sure the stall entry stick force did not "lighten" duding the stall entry. Answer this question: why is it not allowed to lighten during stall entry? ...

Jump to post
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 33