Search found 1224 matches

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 25
by Jayafe
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:49 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Spanish Aviation Thread - 2020
Replies: 145
Views: 13718

Re: Spanish Aviation Thread - 2020

As for Barcelona indeed BCN will stay there. But MAD and VGO are basically Madrid and Barcelona and pretty much nothing else. And Vueling has a base in LCG because of subsidies. And VGO subsidises anything that wants to fly there. You seem to forget that Binter established and keeps a good schedule...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sun May 03, 2020 2:01 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit Part 8: the UK government saying what I want is full access and divergence
Replies: 2489
Views: 90420

Re: Brexit Part 8: the UK government saying what I want is full access and divergence

UK seeks access to EU health cooperation in light of coronavirus The British government is quietly seeking access to the European Union’s pandemic warning system, despite early reluctance to cooperate on health after Brexit, the Guardian has learned. The UK is seeking “something akin to membership”...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:15 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing is sued for $336 million over canceled 737 MAX order
Replies: 57
Views: 9911

Re: ALAFCO Sues Boeing Over Max

This is probably the first of many to come if the outcome is fair and get the money back.

Time for Boeing to take responsibility of their developments and show some respect for their customers. They´ll receive taxpayers money anyway to bail them out, and start the circle again.

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:47 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Final(?) flight of a LH A380
Replies: 80
Views: 20333

Re: Final(?) flight of a LH A380

vhtje wrote:
What about LH's 747-8s? Presumably they will also be parked, but will they return to service?



How you dare?! :roll: :rotfl:

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:38 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Air Europa flight UX965 MAD to IAD
Replies: 13
Views: 3363

Re: Air Europa flight UX965 MAD to IAD

https://fr24.com/AEA964/243e5d02
-->

AirEuropa UX964 currently in flight operating FRA > BGI

Odd, to say the least... (wet lease?)

https://fr24.com/AEA964/243e5d02

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:36 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Report: GE may offer engine for a330neo
Replies: 71
Views: 9396

Re: Report: GE may offer engine for a330neo

Are all the undelivered A330NEO to date firmed that they will be all powered by RR? Will any of the airline that currently has an order for the NEO switch if GE engine becomes an option? I don’t see the business case for GE, maybe they got some extra money to burn? I don’t think the A330neo market ...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:54 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: IAG to buy Air Europa for €1 billion
Replies: 342
Views: 56319

Re: IAG to buy Air Europa for €1 billion

Do you have evidence for your claim that "once a competitor enters the market, IAG will lower prices dramatically, dumping capacity to make sure their competition is short lived"? Are you thinking of a precedent? That’s actually already common practice by VY in the Spanish market, special...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:29 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounding, General Discussion Thread, January 2020
Replies: 1740
Views: 190493

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounding, General Discussion Thread, January 2020

Oh ok. So bad pilots and bad maintenance are a fact of life we must deal with but it is unacceptable to have a flawed aircraft design. Got it. Bad pilots (which is not the case) dont crash planes. Poor maintenance (which is not the case, not ideal as most) doesnt crash planes. Flawed designs do cra...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:14 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounding, General Discussion Thread, January 2020
Replies: 1740
Views: 190493

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounding, General Discussion Thread, January 2020

Seems like everyone in Boeing knew, and colluded to swap lifes for bucks, even tweaking simulators: *Boeing Employees Mocked F.A.A. in Internal Messages* “... Several lawmakers expressed dismay at the language used in the messages, saying they reflected a disregard for safety and broader problems wi...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:22 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: TAP Portugal cuts 3 routes in north Spain
Replies: 58
Views: 10677

Re: TAP Portugal cuts 3 routes in north Spain

I am not surprised. Those slots are too precious for half-empty ATRs on fire-sale connecting fares. TAP's strategy in that area had no sense. If no other international carrier serves LCG or VGO, it is for a reason. I assume you are mistaking international with legacy , unless you consider TAP and R...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:26 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Aer Lingus Announces Upcoming Brand Refresh
Replies: 521
Views: 95886

Re: Aer Lingus Announces Upcoming Brand Refresh

Miami wrote:
It's a livery. Stop whining.


It's a design. Be professional.

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:43 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Aer Lingus Announces Upcoming Brand Refresh
Replies: 521
Views: 95886

Re: Aer Lingus Announces Upcoming Brand Refresh

Miami wrote:
I like this:
Image


On a 787 model? Really?

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Edinburgh Airport investment plan Discussion Thread
Replies: 168
Views: 23023

Re: £80 million investment plan for Edinburgh Airport

I flew from the new EDI facilities last weekend and I can confirm: - The feeling is like entering a warehouse half-built. Even the finished parts look cheap and unfinished. Kind of MAD T1 (but 40 years later) - The seating is even more uncomfortable than it looks - Even the 3G signal struggles insid...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:19 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Rolls identifies 787 Trent engine fix; cites air pollution cause
Replies: 50
Views: 12018

Re: Rolls identifies 787 Trent engine fix; cites air pollution cause

Air pollution, especially in large Asian cities , is believed to be one cause of reliability issues that have affected a large portion of the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000-powered Boeing 787 fleet. But the manufacturer says it is close to fielding a final fix to the problems. Dozens of 787s have been sitt...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:10 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: British Airways axes entire Hong Kong crew ahead of closure of base in city next month in Oct
Replies: 154
Views: 26927

Re: British Airways axes entire Hong Kong crew ahead of closure of base in city next month in Oct

Alex Cruz back on tracks again: cut, save, then cut again, then save again...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:53 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Re: Indiana State Aviation: Part 16
Replies: 289
Views: 23108

Re: Indiana aviation thread - 2018

Any new rumour about a LON interest for next summer?

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:43 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Airbus is considering A350-1000ULR
Replies: 135
Views: 34267

Re: Airbus is considering A350-1000ULR

BawliBooch wrote:
The A350-1000ULR could just kill of the 777-8.


It seems it will indeed. Not that its life was quite healthy already tho...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:47 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Rumour: British Airways - Big Aircraft Order soon
Replies: 248
Views: 62007

Re: Britiah Airways - Big Aircraft Order soon

No professional in his right mind is falling for this Brexit panic mongering. I’m sorry to burst your bubble but I can tell you first hand that 99% of big players in London (banks, insurances, investment funds and trading houses) have spent the last 6 months dumping millions of £s in preparations f...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:18 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Hi Fly A380 operations thread 2018
Replies: 293
Views: 46060

Re: Hi Fly A380 operations thread 2018

As mentioned by a poster above, lack of capacity (willing) for handling the plane by JFK. No that anyone can be surprised by the attitude.

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:00 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Tarmac increases A380 capacity at Teruel TEV
Replies: 0
Views: 683

Tarmac increases A380 capacity at Teruel TEV

As the second hand market keeps showing activity signs, the plans were already announced in January are progressing: http://www.tarmacaerosave.aero/news/index/after-having-redelivered-73-aircraft-in-2017-tarmac-aerosave-launches-2-hangars-a380-at-teruel/0/21 Now moving it forward, with the first the...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:32 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Air Europa adds Madrid-Panamá
Replies: 17
Views: 3022

Re: Air Europa adds Madrid-Panamá

https://centreforaviation.com/news/ryan ... ces-675503
-->

SCQ83 wrote:
IMO 5 weekly for UX is quite a lot if they don't get COPA feed. Specially since their network out of Madrid is much smaller than Iberia's.


Is it?

https://centreforaviation.com/news/ryan ... ces-675503

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:03 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Air Nostrum and Cityjet to merge
Replies: 16
Views: 3603

Re: Air Nostrum and Cityjet to merge

One of the still legacy soft products merging with one of the worst airlines in Spain. I will miss Cityjet as much as I avoid AirNostrum. I assume AirNostrum's dirty policies will be mirrored by CityJet. Curious about this affecting codeshares with IB. Their customers wanted London city airport comp...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:54 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Volga-Dnepr Group Purchases 5 747-8F, commits to 29 777F's
Replies: 53
Views: 8968

Re: Volga-Dnepr Group Purchases 5 747-8F, commits to 29 777F's

Doesn't this belong to the air show dedicated topic?

Jump to post
-->

qf789 wrote:
3 firms orders plus 2 options for undisclosed customer from Spain

https://twitter.com/AvGeekJames/status/ ... 1269474304


That must be Air Europa

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:21 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Politics spill over to the cockpit: one Argentinian union is asking its members to read this to paxs
Replies: 20
Views: 4455

Re: Politics spill over to the cockpit: one Argentinian union is asking its members to read this to paxs

It's pure politics. Unions using the cockpit to spread its message and propaganda to the passengers. Crying and non sense. That'd actually make not fly in such companies again.

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Updated: Bolsonaro Approved Boeing/Embraer Commercial Aircraft Takeover
Replies: 79
Views: 21862

Re: Breaking: Boeing and Embraer announce merger

...I'm expecting Bombardier to fully exit the commercial aircraft scene within the next two years. I hope that's a joke, or a statement as brave as your "Embraer to still compete for the JetBlue order, wait for it" the day before the A220 order was announced. Happy to see a trend of poor ...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:56 pm
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: US Inbound Int'l Flight Security Questioning - US vs. Foreign Airlines
Replies: 20
Views: 1765

Re: US Inbound Int'l Flight Security Questioning - US vs. Foreign Airlines

I'll never understand how we are any safer answering these questions. Every pax going to the US has gone through the same security as the passengers heading elsewhere. Thus, regardless of the 'interview', they've been through security... Because they like feeling special and keep the public scared.

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:07 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Istanbul new airport - latest pictures and discussion thread
Replies: 686
Views: 179711

Re: Istanbul New Airport, Latest Pictures

Not really. The US Department of State considers Turkey as "Level 3: Reconsider Travel" "due to terrorism and arbitrary detentions". So on the same level as Pakistan, Venezuela, Congo, Sudan or most of Mexico. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladv...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:54 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: easyJet Receive their First A321neo
Replies: 42
Views: 8596

Re: easyJet Receive their First A321neo

The windscreen "mask" is a standard feature on the A350 and A330N but isn't offered on the A320 series, unless the airline makes it part of their livery (a la AC). I don't think that's correct, in fact you seem to be completely wrong about that: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/841/41473914...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:11 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)
Replies: 38
Views: 7209

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

SCQ83 wrote:
Not to mention it would be much cheaper to have only one type of uniform or a gender-fluid uniform.


Will guys be allowed to wear a skirt? Political correctness is getting out of shape, we deserve more and more becoming extinct... :banghead:

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:05 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Is A220 still a regional jet?
Replies: 108
Views: 14703

Re: Is A220 still a regional jet?

Metjetceo wrote:
Philosophical Question:
If you have more than 100 seats and you are branded as Airbus, are you still an RJ?


It was before, and now it's not cause a different label? That's not a philosophical question, it makes no sense at all.

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:26 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: JetBlue Orders 60 Airbus A220-300
Replies: 354
Views: 50600

Re: JetBlue Orders 60 Airbus A220-300

SteelChair wrote:
The A319 was dead already. Dead on arrival. DOA.


The A319Neo. The A319 has sold a solid almost 1500 units, not quite calling that a DOA plane.

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:27 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: JetBlue Orders 60 Airbus A220-300
Replies: 354
Views: 50600

Re: JetBlue Orders 60 Airbus A220-300

That reasoning only works if the 320 was in competition with the 220, which really doesn't seem to be the case. How can you say this when it clearly just happened? Are the facts of the matter that hard to comprehend? I guess you have missed that competition with the 737-7 (and for extension the A31...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:27 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Rumor: Jetblue E190 Decision imminent and Europe news?
Replies: 217
Views: 37560

Re: Rumor: Jetblue E190 Decision imminent and Europe news?

ytz wrote:
Why? What passenger would want a less comfortable airplane?


Most of the ones who get a ticket in a 787 9Y do...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:24 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Airbus And Boeing 2018 Orders
Replies: 605
Views: 161055

Re: Airbus And Boeing 2018 Orders

With the addition of regional jets now a done deal it's time to look at the value of sales and delivery closer. Counting a A220 equally with an A380 when the latter costs five times more is just stupid. Considering that here so far a 737-7 and a 787-10 were dropped into the same bag, I’d say you lo...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: JetBlue Orders 60 Airbus A220-300
Replies: 354
Views: 50600

Re: JetBlue Orders 60 Airbus A220-300

Because of Airbus and Boeing’s financial power, it was impossible for bombardier to market the CS300, because of market trashing by 737 and A319. This was deemed a credible threat and the CSeries program financially died. Then Airbus suddenly sells the CS300 no problem and may even make big profit ...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:18 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Airbus rebrands C-Series to A220
Replies: 217
Views: 34329

Re: Airbus rebrands C-Series to A220

sergegva wrote:
I thought it was the first narrowbody aircraft with composite parts, a la 787/A350.


The A380 is a wide body that had composite parts before those two.

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:03 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Canada is perfect and never does anything wrong.
Replies: 69
Views: 2806

Re: Canada is perfect and never does anything wrong.

...Our system is so f-ed up, people have no idea what anything costs. https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-healthcare-system-compare-countries/ Not just the system, the whole country.... Huh? I know what things cost in just about every aspect of my life. I feel sad about...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:00 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Brexit EU position Phase 2
Replies: 2443
Views: 65743

Re: Brexit EU position Phase 2

Arion640 wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
What a mess... that’s why I am not a fan of public ballots.


So not a fan of democracy of then?


Democracy is a system to elect representatives. The dictatorship of the opinion of 50%+1 is far from democracy. But hey, it's an easy flag to throw, isn't it?

Jump to post
-->

2122M wrote:
...Our system is so f-ed up, people have no idea what anything costs.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/cha ... countries/


Not just the system, the whole country....

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:41 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: EU attitude on death penalty.
Replies: 143
Views: 5008

Re: EU attitude on death penalty.

You and your stupid human rights bullshit, some people simply don’t deserve to live.... So, according to your logic, if I for any reason decide that you don't deserve to live, I'm allowed to kill you? :duck: Ro me it really is a question of: Why are a woman's reason to terminate a baby superior to ...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:19 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Saudi Arabian Airlines in Boeing 777X Order Talks
Replies: 19
Views: 3868

Re: Saudi Arabian Airlines in Boeing 777X Order Talks

Strato2 wrote:
The US/SA symbiosis make this order a foregone conclusion.


Indeed, political pressure seems to be the strongest argument for this deal. There it goes then.

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:11 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Airbus A320neo Family Production/Delivery Thread 2018
Replies: 689
Views: 206932

Re: Airbus A320neo Family Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Are we aware of which customers have selected masked Neos ala IB?

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:05 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Etihad CEO lays out restructuring plans
Replies: 146
Views: 31483

Re: Etihad CEO lays out restructuring plans

intothinair wrote:
Now that Etihad will be dumping all the A380s, 77Ws, A330s, and resort to only the 787s and A321LRs as many posters in this thread have mentioned...


When you say “many posters”, you mean you, right?

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:22 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: FAA: Seat size not their concern
Replies: 124
Views: 14127

Re: FAA: Seat size not their concern

Shame on them. Time for EASA and the EU commission to raise the standards. I think that a 28" seat pitch is great. Not to sit in but ... So now seats exist to allow the company to squeeze passenger's pocket threatening with pain instead of to seat. I assume you would see amazing if they start t...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:14 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Edinburgh Airport investment plan Discussion Thread
Replies: 168
Views: 23023

Re: £80 million investment plan for Edinburgh Airport

Arrivals areas just need to be functional, it's not like people pick up their checked baggage and then hang around...... they're out of there as quick as possible. Airports don't make much money off arriving passengers... So not having a finished ceiling is a new acceptable building standard? After...

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:41 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Eric Schulz not the best candidate to replace John Leahy at Airbus?
Replies: 30
Views: 4736

Re: Eric Schulz not the best candidate to replace John Leahy at Airbus?

Paranoia and smoke coming from a rumour of a guy who shifts opinion more often than jeans. Nothing to see here, except the usual "this company/plane is doomed..."

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: What's coming to the FAB Air Show?
Replies: 10
Views: 1364

Re: What's coming to the FAB Air Show?

Passedv1 wrote:
Are we anticipating a 797 announcement from Boeing?


It only took 6 posts :rotfl:

PS: No.

Jump to post
by Jayafe
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:32 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: HiFly takes delivery of first A380
Replies: 179
Views: 53723

Re: HiFly takes delivery of first A380

What Norwegian destinations in the U.S. can accept A380s? LAX, JFK, BOS, ...? Norwegian destinations in the US : https://www.virtualnorwegian.net/destinations/ A380 capable airports : I mean that has a gate and ground infrastructure to support an A380. A380s have landed at OAK but there isn't a gat...

Jump to post

Go to advanced search