Search found 270 matches

by Elkadad313
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:35 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread
Replies: 6473
Views: 437804

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread

I never heard a reason for not delivering those aircraft. They would have really helped Ukraine. The primary reason is the unfounded fear that Russia will go nuclear, which it will not. Time to call Putin's bluff. Otherwise, when/how will this madness stop? :?: That's what you think, but do not kno...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:15 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread
Replies: 6473
Views: 437804

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread

lightsaber wrote:
I never heard a reason for not delivering those aircraft. They would have really helped Ukraine.

The primary reason is the unfounded fear that Russia will go nuclear, which it will not. Time to call Putin's bluff. Otherwise, when/how will this madness stop? :?:

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:48 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread
Replies: 6473
Views: 437804

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread

marcelh wrote:
So you want to kill yourself and the rest of the world to liberate Ukraine?? OK……. :scratchchin:

Yep -- that's exactly the thinking Putin is relying on, and at what point is he persuaded to stop? :?:

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:49 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread
Replies: 6473
Views: 437804

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread

So what they will need is a system to regular and precise bombing away the railway tracks two times daily on Russian soil, What they really need is "anti-putin Russian saboteurs" to be blowing up tracks. That way Russian will need to devote troops to secure the rail line. :bomb: bt Why wa...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:56 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: China Eastern 737-800 crashes in Guangxi, southern China
Replies: 1166
Views: 440689

Re: China Eastern 737-800 crashes in Guangxi, southern China

As Zeke pointed out, while NTSB's experience is unparalleled, they don't lead the investigation. For argument's sake, if the CVR provides conclusive evidence of foul play with no evidence of a mechanical failure, their expertise will not be required. Previously reported all on board were Chinese na...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:56 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread
Replies: 6473
Views: 437804

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread

France just raised their nuclear alert level and has 3 nuclear submarines on patrol (during peacetime it's 1-2) https://www.franceinter.fr/monde/la-france-renforce-son-niveau-d-alerte-et-deploie-trois-sous-marins-nucleaires-en-mer This is classic French symbolism. It needs to do something meaningfu...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:51 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - Civil Aviation Related *Discussion* Thread
Replies: 866
Views: 289098

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - Civil Aviation Related *Discussion* Thread

Vicenza wrote:
I guess you need to research both history and reality. Where has nuclear war been threatened?

Go to Non-Aviation and you will find examples of several nuclear threats made by high-ranking Russian pols. :hot:

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:39 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread
Replies: 6473
Views: 437804

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread

You got the propaganda part right, but MSM and right wing are a conflict in terms.[/quote] Incorrect - Fox, Sky, RT etc have more than enough viewership to be considered MSM. Aside from the few exceptions you list (RT WAS Russian right wing and is no longer viewed in the U.S.) the MSM is considered...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:55 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread
Replies: 6473
Views: 437804

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread

What is your take on this analysis? :rotfl: 1) He looks like an old fart. 2) From the comment page This egotistical blowhard became a joke on active duty (and yes, I served with him). 3) I stopped watching when he said Putin still have yet to commit his full force, nor told his general to raze the ...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:32 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - Civil Aviation Related *Discussion* Thread
Replies: 866
Views: 289098

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - Civil Aviation Related *Discussion* Thread

F9Animal wrote:
I can almost guarantee 99.9% of these airline crews in Russia want nothing more than peace, and to do their jobs.

They can help achieve the peace they desire by convincing their relatives, neighbors and friends to demonstrate, EN MASSE, against Putin.

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:59 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - Civil Aviation Related *Discussion* Thread
Replies: 866
Views: 289098

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - Civil Aviation Related Discussion Thread

I noticed Antonov Airlines AN-124 reg UR-82007 flew ANC-IAH yesterday, I would guess it's not heading home anytime soon. Worst case scenario is there enough support outside the urkraine to keep one flying in the western world (or a situation like NASA obtain one like they did the WB-57) ? Putin smi...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:23 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Spirit 1653 taking weird route
Replies: 72
Views: 13854

Re: Spirit 1653 taking weird route

I don't see any ATC route advisories that would have affected the aircraft. Most likely explanation is accidental overfuel or a tail swap after the aircraft was already fueled for a more distant destination. However, it doesn't make sense that they didn't fly lower to burn the fuel quicker. For tho...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:03 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced
Replies: 75
Views: 4185

Re: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced

She accidentally shot a guy while doing her cop duties honestly and to her best ability. She can easily win an appeal for these convictions. The fact she was even prosecuted this way is bizarre. Literally, the next step will be placing doctors in prison when their surgery does not go well. To the s...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:15 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced
Replies: 75
Views: 4185

Re: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced

I don’t understand that argument either. She’s a police officer…of course that plays a role. Had a civilian been in that position, they could just walk away. That said I don’t think it’s really accurate to say it was a political witch-hunt. More of an accountability hunt. The truth is that if your ...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:18 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced
Replies: 75
Views: 4185

Re: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced

The fact she was a cop drastically changed the legal context of the encounter. She had the legal right and responsibility to stop the criminal in order to protect innocent people. In the course of doing her legal duty to forcefully arrest this guy, she accidentally pressed the wrong button. I don’t...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Chicago Aviation Thread - 2022
Replies: 671
Views: 125095

Re: Chicago Aviation Thread - 2022

glbltrvlr wrote:
Elkadad313 wrote:
The ones I just viewed still have the 14/32s and no 9/27C. Got a link?


Seems to show up in Google Earth Pro.

Got it -- on G earth, not maps. Thx

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:46 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Chicago Aviation Thread - 2022
Replies: 671
Views: 125095

Re: Chicago Aviation Thread - 2022

emcm541 wrote:
It looks like there is an updated Aerial Satellite Image of O'Hare on Google Maps with some platforms, in case anyone is interested.

The ones I just viewed still have the 14/32s and no 9/27C. Got a link?

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:41 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced
Replies: 75
Views: 4185

Re: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced

Honestly I don't know what your sentence would be. The fact she was a cop is why the event happened, so your whole private citizen thing is spurious. I could make up a situation where you as a private citizen could potentially get a similar sentence (self defense etc.) but again, it would not be ac...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:52 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced
Replies: 75
Views: 4185

Re: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced

No, I'm not. And she was tried and sentenced. You are not the judge or the jury. You can make up whatever you want in your mind but she received teh sentence that was deemed appropriate. 20 years would change nothing. Tugg If I accidentally shot you with a gun instead of my taser as a private citiz...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:28 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2022
Replies: 202
Views: 61931

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

airsmiles wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
Wow, what a beauty! The new livery looks great on the Dreamliner!


That’s not a livery. It’s a white aircraft with a single colour tail. Honestly, how can that be remotely exciting?

How can you not recognize obvious sarcasm? :roll:

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:08 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced
Replies: 75
Views: 4185

Re: Minneapolis area police officer sentenced

Just more incompetent policing. Another person dead when they didn't need to be because this woman, with 26 years experience as an officer , can't tell the difference between a taser and a live gun. I'd say she got off very lightly. Another person dead when they didn't need to be because this woman...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:30 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: FedEx driver shot at by father & son
Replies: 25
Views: 2177

Re: FedEx driver shot at by father & son

Please, tell me what you "think" is missing. Man wearing a FedEx uniform driving a van with "FedEx" on it is blocked leaving a driveway and it could be road rage? C'mon, your dog whistle is a bit too loud. Actually the van was not marked as a FedEx vehicle. It was a Hertz rental...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:49 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: "Freedom Convoy 2022" in Canada
Replies: 507
Views: 27121

Re: "Freedom Convoy 2022" in Canada

Funny how the Right Wing was so against protestors blocking streets 18 months ago that laws were made to run them over. Now???? Not so much What could be different? What is different is that in the current protests there is no violence, fires, broken windows, looting. Of course, viewers of CNN/MSNB...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:56 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: "Freedom Convoy 2022" in Canada
Replies: 507
Views: 27121

Re: "Freedom Convoy 2022" in Canada

The situation overall has needlessly added complexity because of the state of discourse in the country and contemporary behavior of politicians. Both politicians and laymen - whatever their agendas are - lack the experience and knowledge to question the judgment of medical and public health experts...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:31 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: "Freedom Convoy 2022" in Canada
Replies: 507
Views: 27121

Re: "Freedom Convoy 2022" in Canada

Not a clue what you're on about. Political stripes have nothing to do with 'public health advice' from medical professionals. Many governors in the U.S. are doing a 180 despite 'public health advice' from medical professionals. So, is this being done for health or political reasons? If the former, ...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:46 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: "Freedom Convoy 2022" in Canada
Replies: 507
Views: 27121

Re: "Freedom Convoy 2022" in Canada

...childish Canadians who don’t understand the difference between freedom and public health needs like masks are ‘fed up with this stuff’...fixed it for you. Or, actual Socialists afraid of a working class person uprising. Not a clue what you're on about. Political stripes have nothing to do with '...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:13 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant
Replies: 121
Views: 6303

Re: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant

Can't stand the statistics but you love stereotypes right? If you don't engage in a lot of stereotypical thinking, based on a.net history your handle has been hijacked. :rotfl: You confuse statistics and factual data with stereotypes. If in your mind I do then guilty as charged (by you) but we all ...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:02 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant
Replies: 121
Views: 6303

Re: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant

casinterest wrote:
Elkadad313 wrote:
casinterest wrote:


It's not my fault you don't trust the statistics.

Another government statistics servant (from the CDC no less).


Can't stand the statistics but you love stereotypes right?

If you don't engage in a lot of stereotypical thinking, based on a.net history your handle has been hijacked. :rotfl:

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:03 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant
Replies: 121
Views: 6303

Re: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant

I am just pointing out that on a per citizen basis being in Illinois is safer for you than being in a host of states with lax gun laws. It seems you are trying to protect someone. So, I'll just avoid Chicago and then I'm good, eh? ;) It's not my fault you don't trust the statistics. Another governm...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:39 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant
Replies: 121
Views: 6303

Re: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant

Bottom of the page Your argument doesn't really hold up, otherwise Illinois would be lit up because of Chicago right? Are you actually stating that Chicago does not represent the OVERWHELMINGLY, VAST MAJORITY of gun violence in Illinois? I am just pointing out that on a per citizen basis being in I...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:45 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant
Replies: 121
Views: 6303

Re: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant

I never said bulk. It is the rate per 100,000, and the deaths occur mostly in rural areas. Wait, where does it say that in that data set? Bottom of the page Your argument doesn't really hold up, otherwise Illinois would be lit up because of Chicago right? Are you actually stating that Chicago does ...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:20 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant
Replies: 121
Views: 6303

Re: Minneapolis Police fatally shoot Black man during warrant

It certainly doesn’t help having a rational discussion when a [email protected] word such as “home invasion” is used to describe a simply burglary. Unless, of course, you have irrefutable evidence to prove the person was attempting to permanently occupy the dwelling he or she illegally entered. Nor does it help...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:33 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: NFL player gets grace period before arrest.
Replies: 17
Views: 1207

Re: NFL player gets grace period before arrest.

That is their story to tell. As the article states, when contacted, he cooperated. NIK's point is the average Joe-blow would not have been given such latitude, even if he agreed to 'cooperate.' Why the special treatment? :checkmark: Money talks, especially in an NFL town. Don't want to piss off the...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:16 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: NFL player gets grace period before arrest.
Replies: 17
Views: 1207

Re: NFL player gets grace period before arrest.

And still, reading the article. Over 24 hours later? You telling me Metro didn't know who he was by mid afternoon the day before? That is their story to tell. As the article states, when contacted, he cooperated. NIK's point is the average Joe-blow would not have been given such latitude, even if h...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:48 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Frontier and Spirit to Merge!
Replies: 490
Views: 72760

Re: Frontier and Spirit to Merge!

The airline must MUST rebrand. A clean slate is the best way to go. Out with the old, in with a new, refreshed and guest connected philosophy. I can see a light green/ blue and yellow accent color. I love the name US Airways- but that is taken, copyright. So- shall I propose "Jet America"...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:13 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Frontier and Spirit to Merge!
Replies: 490
Views: 72760

Re: Frontier and Spirit to Merge!

The airline must MUST rebrand. A clean slate is the best way to go. Out with the old, in with a new, refreshed and guest connected philosophy. I can see a light green/ blue and yellow accent color. I love the name US Airways- but that is taken, copyright. So- shall I propose "Jet America"...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:24 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

[ There's nothing fairer than 1 person 1 vote, the way the system is today isn't fair. Resulting in perpetual 'fair' one-party rule which might be OK if yours is the ruling party. Ask most citizens of (Russia, PRC, North Koria, Cuba, etc.) how that's working out for them. So because the GOP aren't ...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:51 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

Nonsense - suburbs in large metros are reliably shifty, with large numbers of independent and swing voters. Just the nature of the beast. CITIES. I never mentioned suburbs. Large US cities are almost universally discussed in economic circles by their GMP. Metropolitan areas are anchored by their na...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:50 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

GIGO only applies if one can produce better data. Until that’s the case, the consensus among economists and investors will remain the same. Anything else is just yelling at clouds, hoping one will wake up to alternate reality somehow. 'There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistic...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:42 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

The places you mention aren't democratic. You should have mentioned Japan or South Korea, they're closer to your point. In South Korea the conservatives held power for something like 4 decades, not anymore though. In Japan the right-wing LDP has been in power almost continuously since its foundatio...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:40 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

There are sources other than BLS out there - industry groups, academics, etc. There is overwhelming consensus about which parts of the US economy have grown and which have not since the 60s. https://www.belfercenter.org/sites/default/files/inline-images/ManufJobsOtherCountries_1.png https://assets....

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:29 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

They can disagree all they like - this is the data age and it says what it says. Is the accuracy of that data comparable to, say, the CDC's? It says what it says until it changes (frequently). :spin: There are sources other than BLS out there - industry groups, academics, etc. There is overwhelming...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:27 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

[ There's nothing fairer than 1 person 1 vote, the way the system is today isn't fair. Resulting in perpetual 'fair' one-party rule which might be OK if yours is the ruling party. Ask most citizens of (Russia, PRC, North Koria, Cuba, etc.) how that's working out for them. The places you mention are...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:51 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

Scarcity is a key concept in both macro and micro, yes, but I'm talking about the most basic of fundamentals. Whether money enters the system from paper economy or hard product is irrelevant. GDP includes all inputs. They will be produced no matter what because there is innate demand. But they are ...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:08 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

What rule book are you reading? It is generally accepted that the first rule of economics is scarcity. Scarcity is a key concept in both macro and micro, yes, but I'm talking about the most basic of fundamentals. Whether money enters the system from paper economy or hard product is irrelevant. GDP ...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:54 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

:scratchchin: I am registered neither blue or red, and never mentioned who victors should be. Good Republicans deserve votes as much as good Dems do. My issue is the current system reducing influence for those places that contribute to the lion’s share of economic prowess. Which economy is that? A p...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:40 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

Kiwirob wrote:
[
There's nothing fairer than 1 person 1 vote, the way the system is today isn't fair.

Resulting in perpetual 'fair' one-party rule which might be OK if yours is the ruling party. Ask most citizens of (Russia, PRC, North Koria, Cuba, etc.) how that's working out for them.

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:44 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

Every state gets two senators regardless of population - plenty of representation. Why do you want to penalize large cities/states for their economic relevance? The US is more of an economic union than a political one. FYI the top ten state GDPs represent 58% of the US economy: https://en.m.wikiped...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:58 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

Outside of a few things the US presidential election is actually pretty solid. You just need to do two things IMO. - Abolish the Electoral college. - Elections and districting for congress and the presidential election is done by a federal body and not the states themselves. Abolish the Electoral c...

Jump to post
by Elkadad313
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:01 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister
Replies: 54
Views: 2883

Re: Choosing a Canadian Prime Minister

Yeah I mean a real presidential system where the president is directly elected by the people, not the mess like in the US or Italy (you can look it up, it just happened there). Outside of a few things the US presidential election is actually pretty solid. You just need to do two things IMO. - Aboli...

Jump to post