Search found 3916 matches

by OldAeroGuy
Fri May 17, 2019 2:41 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

SEU wrote:
Some pilots have even simulated the MCAS failure and in over 100 tried only succeeded less than 18 times to save the plane.


Do you have a reference for these simulations? I'm interested in reading them.

Thanks, OAG

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

How many other planes has ET lost in the last 15 years due to mishandling? Well, there was this one 9 years ago in 2010. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Airlines_Flight_409 The official cause in the report: "The final investigation report released by the Lebanese Ministry of Public Wor...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Thu May 16, 2019 7:56 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

How many other planes has ET lost in the last 15 years due to mishandling? Well, there was this one 9 years ago in 2010. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Airlines_Flight_409 The official cause in the report: "The final investigation report released by the Lebanese Ministry of Public Wor...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Wed May 15, 2019 6:59 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

You have no evidence to suggest they did not apply Unreliable Airspeed. The evidence we have would suggest they did. Ray Please provide evidence the ET302 crew performed the "Airspeed Unreliable" NNC. I don't see it in the FDR data. Thanks, OAG Please provide evidence that ET302 were not....

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Wed May 15, 2019 5:57 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

XRAYretired wrote:
You have no evidence to suggest they did not apply Unreliable Airspeed. The evidence we have would suggest they did.

Ray


Please provide evidence the ET302 crew performed the "Airspeed Unreliable" NNC.

I don't see it in the FDR data.

Thanks, OAG

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Wed May 15, 2019 5:09 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

4 crews 'handled' it' (as you say) in the same way i.e. they did handle it. 3 crews got into difficulty only when MCAS activated. 1 only was saved. Ray If you're including the Sunwings crew as 1 of the 4, they were not in the same situation Flaps down. The MAX crews had continuous stick shaker. Sun...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 14, 2019 8:26 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Remember, there was more than just a trim issue. There is also an unreliable airspeed and stick shaker. How do you know trim is the root cause? There were mentions that high lift malfunction on the wing can cause the shaker; so maybe that is the root cause? or something else? IMHO biggest design fl...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 14, 2019 8:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

This i probably old news, but the claim that MCAS relied on only one AoA sensor was a deliberate design choice in order to avoid extra training for pilots, since new two-sensor features would require just that, is horrifying. https://youtu.be/QytfYyHmxtc?t=35m23s And doesn't make any sense, especia...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 14, 2019 7:41 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

To be fair, it's probably because a lot of the systems haven't been updated since 1967... I guess at this point we can call it great-grandfathering? I think this is slowly becoming a problem on its own. Overspeed in ET flight notwithstanding, you do need certain amount of physical power to fly the ...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 14, 2019 12:46 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Has grandfathering been taken too far?
Replies: 362
Views: 19021

Re: Boeing 777-8/-9 Grandfathering Certification, 777X or 7X7?

Will there be elements of 787 precedents / grandfathering used for the X, for example in relation to wing design / construction, ignoring the folding tips? Please give an example of what you're talking about. How can something used on one model's Type Certificate (TC) be "grandfathered" t...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 13, 2019 10:00 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

The climb table you referenced above is for a 280KT/.76 M climb. Thats not the chart you would be using, if you were in the terminal area, intending to return and land. The "Terminal Area" table at the bottom of that page would be the correct table. An informal poll of every first officer...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 13, 2019 9:44 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Has grandfathering been taken too far?
Replies: 362
Views: 19021

Re: Boeing 777-8/-9 Grandfathering Certification, 777X or 7X7?

Boeing applied for an amended 777 type certificate to cover the 777-9 on May 12, 2015. The folding tip was included in the application. As is usual for airplanes with "novel or unusual features" that might not be covered by existing regulations, the FAA issued a set of Special Conditions o...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 13, 2019 3:08 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Has grandfathering been taken too far?
Replies: 362
Views: 19021

Re: Boeing 777-8/-9 Grandfathering Certification, 777X or 7X7?

You're confusing the Rule Making process with the AR Certification process.

At no time has the FAA delegated Rule Making to any OEM.

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Sun May 12, 2019 3:16 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: 737-10MAX - Potential problem?

I thought this could be a thread on its own. If not, merge it with one of the many MAX threads. I was thinking and got worried about something for boeing. With current models of the MAX being under scrutiny in regards to certification with the latest news showing some emergency procedures havent be...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Thu May 09, 2019 4:53 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

What will the sim training for a MCAS upset be? Use the electric trim, then shut off the trim swiches, or shut off the trim switches and then manual trim? All of the above, just as it is for a Stab Runaway. - Use electric trim put the airplane in stabilized, trimmed flight, then shut off the STAB s...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Thu May 09, 2019 4:47 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

AABusDrvr wrote:
"Checklists cannot be created for all conceivable situations and are not intended to replace good judgment. In some situations, at the captain’s discretion, checklist deviation(s) may be necessary."


Yep, couldn't agree more.

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Thu May 09, 2019 4:06 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Interesting development from Aviation Week. "The world’s largest pilots’ union will not ask FAA to require additional mandatory simulator training on maneuvering characteristics augmentation system (MCAS) scenarios for 737 MAX pilots before they can fly, but will recommend it as part of routine...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Thu May 09, 2019 2:11 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

All the while battling with increasing nose down trim in a very rapidly devoloping situation, and with training that was specifically and intentionally withheld from them . I think it is unfair to place all these factors in a crew’s hands and then say they were lacking good airmanship. There is onl...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Yes, they could have gone to the "Airspeed Unreliable" drill immediately at Flaps 5 if they were willing to do it at about 1000' AGL. Cutting thrust back to 80% N1 and setting pitch at 10 deg would have kept them from overrunning the Flaps 5 placard It was an option and part of good "...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Wed May 08, 2019 10:53 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Please note also, that the stick shaker was only on one side. A clear sign, that the stick shaker itself might unreliable. For this case, it was fine. However, the stick shaker could also have been present if there had been leading edge slat damage/skew. In that case, retracting Flaps was absolutel...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Wed May 08, 2019 9:02 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

For example if you think, that unreliable airspeed memory items are Ok to apply at a later point, after flying for minutes doing something else (which depends on having airspeed b.t.w.), then you dont understanding the urgency of the ias disagree checklist. Yes, they could have gone to the "Ai...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 07, 2019 10:57 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

No. I mainly want to highlight that they faced more than one non-normal condition and they had to apply more than one non normal checklist. The second thing you need to acknowledge is that the checklists contradict: e.g. full thrust shall be applied in case of stick shaker(!) and 80% of thrust requ...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 07, 2019 8:24 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

This part of your post is not true. They added MCAS to push the nose down and make it feel like a NG. If Boeing and its customers didnt want the single type rating. Boeing could had forgone MCAS all together and the MAX would be perfectly certifiable. Without MCAS, the 737 MAX would not be certifiab...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 07, 2019 5:48 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

So you're arguing that ignoring the Boeing Procedure of not raising Flaps with an active stick shaker is OK, but changing power or pitch is not OK because it doesn't follow the Boeing Procedure for Flaps down "Unreliable Airspeed" to the letter? How about some consistency of thought. Firs...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 07, 2019 5:24 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Good cut and paste (except for the digital airspeed) -- it would have been even better if you had shown the AOA DISAGREE hardly noticeable in the lower righthand corner (737NG). But, if you actually had a bad AOA the "red squares" would have probably extended from the bottom to the top of...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 07, 2019 4:27 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

So much about the question, why the pilots have raised the flaps. There is nothing to criticize about raising the flaps when speed is approaching 250 quickly. So OldAeroGuy IMO is wrong calling the raised flaps a failure. If you look at the facts of the flight, ET302 did not approach 250 KIAS quick...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 07, 2019 3:39 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

So much about the question, why the pilots have raised the flaps. There is nothing to criticize about raising the flaps when speed is approaching 250 quickly. So OldAeroGuy IMO is wrong calling the raised flaps a failure. If you look at the facts of the flight, ET302 did not approach 250 KIAS quick...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 07, 2019 1:07 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

So much about the question, why the pilots have raised the flaps. There is nothing to criticize about raising the flaps when speed is approaching 250 quickly. So OldAeroGuy IMO is wrong calling the raised flaps a failure. If you look at the facts of the flight, ET302 did not approach 250 KIAS quick...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Tue May 07, 2019 1:28 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Please present a good argument where retracting Flaps at low altitude with an active stick shaker is a proper course of action. Not an argument but a question. Let's assume that whatever the crew did was not in accordance with Boeing procedures. The aircraft was actually not in stall and over speed...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

There are good reasons the procedures are written the way they are. I've written about this previously. The point is, the crew do not know the state of their airplane. They only know a stick shaker is going off. They also know the other stick shaker is not going off. You keep pounding on the stick ...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 10:25 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

[And I re-iterate: I don't believe that bias would occur without "third world pilots" "only 200 hours" background. I don't understand these constant "bias" comments. Please drop this recurrent innuendo. It's not in my line of argument. No problem, once you drop prejudi...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

I could see a choice for the crew if only one stick shaker is active as dangerous. I would think that if either, or both were active that the crew would run the same procedure, just seems to make sense, simple, and safe. You're exactly correct. If a stick shaker is active, you don't want the crew d...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 10:02 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

At 5:39:42, Level Change was selected to FL320. The left stick shaker was active. I can come up with some other explanation if you want. That the request was in the mental pipeline and came out automatically, before realizing there was a problem, for example. Point here is not to argue about aerody...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 9:52 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

There are good reasons the procedures are written the way they are. I've written about this previously. The point is, the crew do not know the state of their airplane. They only know a stick shaker is going off. They also know the other stick shaker is not going off. You keep pounding on the stick ...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 9:23 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

-Yes, but they also requested climb to FL320! -As they were in deep shit at that point, climbing as their main defense against crazy trim and they wanted clear airspace above them, for example. Doesn't prove "to destination" intention. No, they were not in "deep shit" when they ...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 8:39 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

But your next conclusion - "that means they wanted to continue" - is IMHO not as logical as you want to believe. And I don't think you would come to that conclusion if US or EU crew did that. If a US or EU crew had made the same decision, I would feel the same way. Despite the stick shake...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 8:29 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

Please present a good argument where retracting Flaps at low altitude with an active stick shaker is a proper course of action. This is an argument. Probably even a good one: https://flightzoomer.com/images/PFD737.jpg Raising the flaps makes the red bars go away... Unfortunately, it is a very bad a...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 8:20 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

@OldAeroGuy has a reasonably solid argument that flaps shouldn't be raised in that situation, and doing so means crew was planning on further unreasonable things like completing the flight as scheduled.. I find this argument to be at least 50/50 convincing, though last statement is strongly spiced ...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 8:13 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

This is wrong. The crews of both crashed MAXes wanted to return. E.g. here is just one source . Why do you push wrong information? All three MAX crews elected to retract Flaps with an active stick shaker. Stop right here, please. You talked about continuing the mission. And me too. Not about raisin...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 7:55 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

@OldAeroGuy has a reasonably solid argument that flaps shouldn't be raised in that situation, and doing so means crew was planning on further unreasonable things like completing the flight as scheduled.. I find this argument to be at least 50/50 convincing, though last statement is strongly spiced ...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

This is wrong. The crews of both crashed MAXes wanted to return. E.g. here is just one source . Why do you push wrong information? All three MAX crews elected to retract Flaps with an active stick shaker. This is contrary to the published Boeing procedure. If the three crews were not focused on com...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 5:27 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

All three MAX crews elected to retract Flaps with an active stick shaker. This is contrary to the published Boeing procedure. If the three crews were not focused on completing their planned missions, why would they have retracted the Flaps? Why before knowing the outcome of the investigation are yo...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 5:06 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

At 5:39:22, autopilot was selected. The left stick shaker was active and Boeing procedure says do not select autopilot with an active stick shaker [...] At 5:39:45, the Captain asked the FO to retract Flaps. Boeing procedure says do not retract Flaps with an active stick shaker. The left stick shak...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Mon May 06, 2019 3:39 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

With continuous stick shaker, all the MAX crews elected to continue their missions with continuous stick shaker. This is wrong. The crews of both crashed MAXes wanted to return. E.g. here is just one source . Why do you push wrong information? All three MAX crews elected to retract Flaps with an ac...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Fri May 03, 2019 2:04 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

[threeid][/threeid]

WIederling wrote:
OldAeroGuy wrote:
With continuous stick shaker, all the MAX crews elected to continue their missions with continuous stick shaker.

Both crews initiated a return, didn't they. Only they never made it. entangled by a bad product :-)


Unfortunately, if you abuse any product, it can turn out badly.

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Thu May 02, 2019 5:52 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

OK. So what do you think the causes are that they all acted incorrectly, why wuld they have done so? Ray Good question. I suspect its lack of training/awareness for scenario. For me, a nagging question is the erroneous AoA vane signal rate. Maybe one in 8 years and two/three in five months? Why so ...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Thu May 02, 2019 5:47 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

You may refuse the walk, but I think it would be an interesting one for both of us - if you drop prejudice. Again, no MCAS yet, just a normal takeoff roll, V1... Rotate.... posi Stick shaker, airspeed disagree. Captain? Your immediate action? What I hear - reduce thrust, control pitch, fly nice and...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Thu May 02, 2019 3:47 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

So, we have 4 crews on 3 continents over 8 years in similar circumstances who all react initially in pretty much the same way (including all retract flaps). Why do you think that would be? Ray All of the crews can be faulted for not applying the Boeing procedure of not retracting Flaps after a stic...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Thu May 02, 2019 3:36 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

I am sorry, but you're cheating by making damning assumptions before analysis. Lets try talking without prejudice. Regardless of further plans, ET302 crew would need to (1)climb out, (2)stabilize flight, (3)contact regional ATC. Whether vectors back to airport or to destination will be requested is...

Jump to post
by OldAeroGuy
Thu May 02, 2019 2:21 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019
Replies: 3768
Views: 411386

Re: Boeing 737MAX Grounded Worldwide Q2 2019

So here comes "airmanship", aka deviation from the standard procedure - they need to maintain climb of at least - whatever it is for 737 with engine out, 1 or 2 degrees? That is not what airspeed disagree SOP would provide. Which means some of the following must be done to avoid CFIT: red...

Jump to post