Search found 12659 matches

by D L X
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:35 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA sues DL over the use of the term “Flagship”
Replies: 322
Views: 34328

Re: AA sues DL over the use of the term “Flagship”

Oh boy... This is REALLY problematic. https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Delta-A350-Flagship.png It actually says “flagship” on its booking engine. Yes folks, that is deliberate. Thanks for that breakdown. American has a strong case, indeed. Personally, I am in suppor...

Jump to post
by D L X
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA sues DL over the use of the term “Flagship”
Replies: 322
Views: 34328

Re: AA sues DL over the use of the term “Flagship”

The only difference here is that the word "flagship" does have a relevant meaning in English other than being a branded noun by American. The word Sky does not have co mparable alternate use attributes. Using Sky in branding other than Delta would more readily trigger infringement, unless...

Jump to post
by D L X
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:00 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA sues DL over the use of the term “Flagship”
Replies: 322
Views: 34328

Re: AA sues DL over the use of the term “Flagship”

It seems to me that flagship is a weak trademark and those has a higher standard to prove confusion, it does not appear to me that flagship has acquired a strong secondary meaning among consumer of premium travel, its not arbitrary in that it describes the product (McChicken is a fairly clear examp...

Jump to post
by D L X
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:53 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA sues DL over the use of the term “Flagship”
Replies: 322
Views: 34328

Re: AA sues DL over the use of the term “Flagship”

Everyone saying this suit is silly need to maybe listen to a lawyer. It’s a rather serious suit. Not a single person is going to see Delta using "flagship" and confuse it with American's offerings. That’s simply not what trademark law says. Delta knows what it’s doing and they know it’s w...

Jump to post
by D L X
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:31 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA sues DL over the use of the term “Flagship”
Replies: 322
Views: 34328

Re: AA sues DL over the use of the term “Flagship”

Everyone saying this suit is silly need to maybe listen to a lawyer. It’s a rather serious suit. Not a single person is going to see Delta using "flagship" and confuse it with American's offerings. That’s simply not what trademark law says. Delta knows what it’s doing and they know it’s w...

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:48 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Atlas Air 3591 Down in Trinity Bay, Texas
Replies: 1915
Views: 444105

Re: Atlas Air 3591 Down in Trinity Bay, Texas

when you say "click, click, my airplane," what does that mean? What are the clicks?

Jump to post
by D L X
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:10 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: The saga of AA431
Replies: 26
Views: 7317

Re: The saga of AA431

They are landing runway 1 at DCA, with an approximately 9 knot tailwind on a wet runway. Landing an A321 with those conditions probably isn't the most prudent decision given the short runways. 7100 feet is short? I mean, i guess that would explain it, but I didn’t think the “short DCA runways” thin...

Jump to post
by D L X
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:08 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: The saga of AA431
Replies: 26
Views: 7317

Re: The saga of AA431

They are landing runway 1 at DCA, with an approximately 9 knot tailwind on a wet runway. Landing an A321 with those conditions probably isn't the most prudent decision given the short runways. 7100 feet is short? I mean, i guess that would explain it, but I didn’t think the “short DCA runways” thin...

Jump to post
by D L X
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: The saga of AA431
Replies: 26
Views: 7317

Re: The saga of AA431

The weather here has been particularly soupy today. Not stormy, just a lot of rain and low fog all day. It's not even 4pm, and it looks like dusk.

Jump to post
by D L X
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:37 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?
Replies: 53
Views: 9155

Re: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?

I was in Mexico-city and scheduled to fly back to AMS in C. I received a cancelation message and immediately got the option in the KLM app to book on the A380 to Paris with a connecting flight to AMS. Which I did. I had to leave a couple of hours earlier which damaged my program in Mexico. With a 3...

Jump to post
by D L X
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?
Replies: 53
Views: 9155

Re: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?

Unless someone from KLM can give background info this is all pointless guesswork. Horses are precious cargo and need special care. If they deemed this to be the right call then that’s it. Not an easy call to make I’m sure. Too bad for the inconvenience to the pax but sh!t happens. If it’s pointless...

Jump to post
by D L X
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:20 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?
Replies: 53
Views: 9155

Re: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?

The only question I have is why the flight diverted. MEX has been operating with that volcano acting up like that for the past 25 years with worse "eruptions". It is probably the most monitored volcano in the world. That’s my question too. I think it was the only diversion. And it was the...

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?
Replies: 53
Views: 9155

Re: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?

Flaps wrote:
Horses that travel by air are extremely valuable and sensitive cargo.

.....

These horses are of the very a few of a kind nature where pax are quite simply a dime a dozen.

Well I learned something today: don’t fly with horses.

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:46 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?
Replies: 53
Views: 9155

Re: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?

I get the horses made this unique. I wonder why another airport in Mexico didn't make sense maybe they didn't have the services for this many horses? CUN had to have facilities but maybe just too many horses. It seems like something like horses shouldn't have be loaded if there was a chance they co...

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:51 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?
Replies: 53
Views: 9155

Re: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?

Why not CUN then? CUN may not have the facilities to handle the horses. So they may have had the equally poor choices of somewhere like SDF, which could likely have handled the horses on short notice but where there would have been customs issues, or CUN, which may have had the opposite situation. ...

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:25 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?
Replies: 53
Views: 9155

Re: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?

Why not CUN then?

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?
Replies: 53
Views: 9155

KL685 AMS-MEX diverted because volcano and horses?

https://www.tellerreport.com/news/2019-11-28---klm-flight-with-horses-on-board-reversed-by-mexican-volcano-.H1zORcpphS.html KL685, operating AMS-MEX on 11/28/19 was diverted back to AMS because of the intermittent eruption of Popocatepetl near Medico City. But that’s not what makes this story strang...

Jump to post
by D L X
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Fuel Truck Takes Out 2 American Eagle Aircraft at DFW
Replies: 45
Views: 12280

Re: Fuel Truck Takes Out 2 American Eagle Aircraft at DFW

I agree with jscottwomack. In the first impact, the truck’s cab is bent down and toward the camera. That almost surely broke the control column, and the driver became a passenger. He might not have even been conscious when he hit the second plane. OK, let's say the first hit broke the steering colu...

Jump to post
by D L X
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:08 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Pictures surfacing of 777X Sept Test Failure
Replies: 308
Views: 61663

Re: Pictures surfacing of 777X Sept Test Failure - they are Bad

For people asking why the failure matters since the problem happens at such an extreme condition that is so far beyond the maximum in-service load. Because extreme conditions do happen in flight. The plane is expected to fly for 20 or even 30 years. With hundreds of 777X each flying 20 to 30 years,...

Jump to post
by D L X
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:12 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Fuel Truck Takes Out 2 American Eagle Aircraft at DFW
Replies: 45
Views: 12280

Re: Fuel Truck Takes Out 2 American Eagle Aircraft at DFW

I agree with jscottwomack. In the first impact, the truck’s cab is bent down and toward the camera. That almost surely broke the control column, and the driver became a passenger. He might not have even been conscious when he hit the second plane.

Jump to post
by D L X
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:24 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Serious fume event on BA A320 - both pilots partially incapacitated
Replies: 82
Views: 21588

Re: Serious fume event on BA A320 - both pilots partially incapacitated

Are these pilots back in the air? I recall something similar happening to a US 767 crew, and it ended up being both pilots’ last flights. The captain died some time later from his injuries. (This might be the event Longhauler was mentioning.) http://avherald.com/h?article=425f6a41 This sounds like a...

Jump to post

Best source there is, me.

Nope.

Sorry man, but you’re not a “source.” You collect rumors, and you’re pretty good at it, but you are not a “source.”
-->

JonNYC wrote:
D L X wrote:
JonNYC wrote:

Did you just cite yourself?

Best source there is, me.

Nope.

Sorry man, but you’re not a “source.” You collect rumors, and you’re pretty good at it, but you are not a “source.”

Jump to post
-->

JonNYC wrote:
xxcr wrote:
Updated livery?? why adjust or make changes after they whole fleet is painted???

Have to:
https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1196 ... 59553?s=20

Did you just cite yourself?

Jump to post
by D L X
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:54 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA300 JFK-LAX Hits object on takeoff!
Replies: 209
Views: 75114

Re: AA300 JFK-LAX Hits object on takeoff!

9w748capt wrote:
How does a wing bend like that on takeoff? Just asking as an interested observer, no agenda or anything. I hope this question is ok to ask.

You drag it on the ground, hit surface structures, then accelerate in the air and climb to 20,000 feet before returning to base 35 minutes later.

Jump to post
by D L X
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:00 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Media: AA refuses to supply IG with a spare part causing delays in SFO
Replies: 111
Views: 26286

Re: Media: AA refuses to supply IG with a spare part causing delays in SFO

Curious why this old thread got resurrected. Did something new happen?

Jump to post
by D L X
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:31 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA Employee Survey
Replies: 36
Views: 6010

Re: AA Employee Survey

Interesting that you all care that much about us to post this Unless you work for the company - step off. We don't need your opinions. We'll figure it out on our own. So you don't think non-AA employees should post their opinions about how AA treat their employees? Yeesh no wonder your airline is i...

Jump to post
by D L X
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:58 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA Employee Survey
Replies: 36
Views: 6010

Re: AA Employee Survey

Why does anyone give a whit what Gary Leff says?

Jump to post
by D L X
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:08 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: American Eagle ERJ 145 Slides Off Icy Runway
Replies: 65
Views: 10738

Re: American Eagle ERJ 145 Slides Off Icy Runway

Could this be a situation where reverse thrust on a rear-engined T-tail hinders the operation of the rudder on icy runways, a la the DL mad dog at LGA?

Jump to post
by D L X
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:59 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: American Eagle ERJ 145 Slides Off Icy Runway
Replies: 65
Views: 10738

Re: American Eagle ERJ 145 Slides Off Icy Runway

Fortunately no one was hurt but the aircraft and maybe the pilots' pride,but I am concerned that the reporter on the flight was paying attention to making a video on their phone rather than paying full attention to the landing. If this had ended up being a more serious situation where an evacuation...

Jump to post
by D L X
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:03 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: American Eagle ERJ 145 Slides Off Icy Runway
Replies: 65
Views: 10738

Re: American Eagle ERJ 145 Slides Off Icy Runway

Wasn't there a thread on this? I don't see it now. Anyway, i saw a photo of the plane stopped in the snow, wing planted in the ground in a way that looks like it might be bent. I thought the same thing. There was a thread on this and it's now gone. Also being discussed on the Chicago thread: https:...

Jump to post
by D L X
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:29 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: American Eagle ERJ 145 Slides Off Icy Runway
Replies: 65
Views: 10738

Re: American Eagle ERJ 145 Slides Off Icy Runway

Wasn't there a thread on this? I don't see it now.

Anyway, i saw a photo of the plane stopped in the snow, wing planted in the ground in a way that looks like it might be bent.

Jump to post
by D L X
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:33 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA (Republic) E175 Severe Control Problems at ATL last night
Replies: 77
Views: 19350

Re: AA (Republic) E175 Severe Control Problems at ATL last night

buzzard302 wrote:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n117hq#22caedf1

This is what I see on the test flight.

Thanks for the explanation!

Jump to post
by D L X
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:21 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA (Republic) E175 Severe Control Problems at ATL last night
Replies: 77
Views: 19350

Re: AA (Republic) E175 Severe Control Problems at ATL last night

N117HQ had a test flight in Indy this morning and declared an emergency due to another suspected pitch trim runaway. Look at the FR24 log for this test flight, scary stuff. I would not want to be on that airplane. Can you help a lay person understand what I see in this log? I see a 21 minute flight...

Jump to post
by D L X
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:05 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA (Republic) E175 Severe Control Problems at ATL last night
Replies: 77
Views: 19350

Re: AA (Republic) E175 Severe Control Problems at ATL last night

I give the guy the benefit of the doubt, he asked about the QRH because he wanted to know where they were in their troubleshooting efforts so he could provide the appropriate level of advice. People seem to be really quick to pile on regarding this incident (not accident - no damage to equipment or...

Jump to post
by D L X
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:26 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA (Republic) E175 Severe Control Problems at ATL last night
Replies: 77
Views: 19350

Re: AA (Republic) E175 Severe Control Problems at ATL last night

It sounded to me like a lot of people were expecting a different result. The DL pilot that came on said he was directed to join the frequency to help. That indicated to me that everyone with ears knew this was a bad one in the making. The “great job” inputs from various other pilots speaks to the el...

Jump to post
by D L X
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:47 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine’s President to Investigate Biden’s Son
Replies: 423
Views: 36776

Re: Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine’s President to Investigate Biden’s Son

And so, as expected, the "whistleblower" is a Biden and Brennan associate, called Eric Ciaramella. A guy who was fired from the NSC for leaking to the press but somehow, amazingly, still managed to retain a security clearance and be hired by the CIA. Yeah, you're going to have to provide ...

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:46 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA Reports Q3 Results
Replies: 47
Views: 12121

Re: AA Reports Q3 Results

Miami wrote:
Again, Doug Parker needs to go.

The stock popped today on this earnings report. Parker stays.

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:44 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA Reports Q3 Results
Replies: 47
Views: 12121

Re: AA Reports Q3 Results

[ AA lost money flying passengers in Q3. Yikes. Umm, I dont think it says that anywhere. Yes it does. From the article: I’ve made the point in the past that American Airlines largely makes money selling credit cards, not from their flying. That wasn’t the case in the second quarter (they made money...

Jump to post
by D L X
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:50 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Thai Airways 777 Uncontained Engine Failure
Replies: 16
Views: 6821

Re: Thai Airways 777 Uncontained Engine Failure

Lucky whatever exited the engine didn't go through the fuselage or the wing! Yowza!

Jump to post
by D L X
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:17 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump Letter to Erdoğan
Replies: 25
Views: 6514

Re: Trump Letter to Erdoğan

What? No conservatives trying to spin this?

Are y’all starting to agree that your boy is a buffoon way over his head?

Jump to post
by D L X
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:12 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA300 JFK-LAX Hits object on takeoff!
Replies: 209
Views: 75114

Re: AA300 JFK-LAX Hits object on takeoff!

I wonder what some the passengers were thinking, it seems to me the crew had no clue until someone in back told them. That's what I was thinking. The pilots didn't seem concerned until well over NJ? I think we’d have to see the CVR transcript to know much about what was going on in the cockpit. It ...

Jump to post
by D L X
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:33 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA300 JFK-LAX Hits object on takeoff!
Replies: 209
Views: 75114

Re: AA300 JFK-LAX Hits object on takeoff!

On the ATC recordings, the crew reported a 45 degree bank at rotation. that's pretty considerable ... The computer voice was probably squaking to them since the Airbus as I recall is limited to a 35 degree bank. What does that mean? Would the voice continue for the rest of the flight or only while ...

Jump to post
by D L X
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:39 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AA300 JFK-LAX Hits object on takeoff!
Replies: 209
Views: 75114

Re: AA300 JFK-LAX Hits object on takeoff!

The plane had take-off from JFK, did a loop in the sky and returned to JFK. Pilots got the plane on the ground promptly after recognizing something was wrong (roll tendency). That's not QUITE consistent with what has been discussed on this thread. Pilots seemed to have intended to continue to LA, b...

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:39 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership
Replies: 170
Views: 28057

Re: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership

Why do people keep bringing up Crandall? He's 83 - he doesn't want to do it and has been public about it. Because we Americans are generally unimaginative when it comes to picking leaders. We ALWAYS want to go back to the well. Presidential vacancy? OOH Joe Biden's available! Baseball vacancy? OOOH...

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:32 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership
Replies: 170
Views: 28057

Re: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership

If the employer is in Wyoming and the employee tries to set up a fake residence in Alabama, the Alabama court will not have jurisdiction. Whatever they rule will get overruled by a federal court which will send the case back to Wyoming. In the case of a sham address, you *may* be correct in certain...

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:26 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership
Replies: 170
Views: 28057

Re: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership

I don't think that will work. If the companies are not located in California and the employee did not live in California at the time of the signing and would not be working in California you can't just pretend to live there and have California law apply. Also, ALL contracts have a clause that indic...

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:55 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership
Replies: 170
Views: 28057

Re: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership

Move residential address to California or other state where non-compete agreements are illegal and not enforceable... I don't think that will work. If the companies are not located in California and the employee did not live in California at the time of the signing and would not be working in Calif...

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:32 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership
Replies: 170
Views: 28057

Re: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership

United wasn’t dumb - his contract probably has a non-compete clause. So even if he wanted to, he can’t. Even if there is such a clause, it will be time-limited probably to a maximum of six months. Otherwise, he would have been very stupid to have signed it and I'm sure he's not stupid. "Unfair...

Jump to post
by D L X
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:53 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership
Replies: 170
Views: 28057

Re: Kirby Denies He Will Return to AA, Rumors Swirl of Big Changes in AA Leadership

United wasn’t dumb - his contract probably has a non-compete clause. So even if he wanted to, he can’t. Non-compete clauses are mostly scary for employees, but they can be very difficult to enforce. Especially in Virginia and California, but elsewhere as well. United wasn’t dumb - his contract prob...

Jump to post
by D L X
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:18 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine’s President to Investigate Biden’s Son
Replies: 423
Views: 36776

Re: Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine’s President to Investigate Biden’s Son

yes, heard about it and indeed, I was wondering the same when someone would create a tread about it. Anyhow, just another unethical thing about Trump, so? If the las 10.000plus lies didn't do it, why would this? Not unethical. Felonious. Using public responsibilities for personal gain lands politic...

Jump to post

Go to advanced search