Search found 567 matches

by usflyer123
Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:47 am
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Your Shortest And Longest 757 Flights
Replies: 107
Views: 11073

Re: Your Shortest And Longest 757 Flights

my shortest i think was MCO-MIA flight and my longest was EWR-TXL(well the longest in the world), both great experience.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:45 am
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Route monopolies and airline strikes
Replies: 4
Views: 787

Re: Route monopolies and airline strikes

well i think almost all of QR DOH routes are monopoly

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:43 am
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Europe To South Africa In J
Replies: 9
Views: 1260

Re: Europe To South Africa In J

i flew JNB-JFK flight twice and its just an amazing flight with wonderfull service and great plane(better than when i flew ATL-JNB).

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:37 am
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Glasgow to Newark United airlines
Replies: 6
Views: 5824

Re: Glasgow to Newark United airlines

i flwe EWR-TXL with united on their 757 and it was just great! great food, good legroom and the plane dosent have many people on it so boarding time is fast!

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:34 am
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: One hour transfer at MAD?
Replies: 8
Views: 950

Re: One hour transfer at MAD?

thats a hugh airport(biggest in europe by size?) and when i flew there i had an hour and a half connection and it was real tight, but fortunately i made right in in time for boarding. although i had to get from terminal 1 to 4 so im not sure how much time it will take if youre in the same terminal.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:26 am
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Any experiences with Air China
Replies: 26
Views: 3400

Re: Any experiences with Air China

well i flew PEK-EWR and that wasnt my best flight ever but not the worst...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:26 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: EK: A380 coming to Warsaw
Replies: 9
Views: 2944

Re: EK: A380 coming to Warsaw

thats seems like a reasonable move, poland is a country of 40 million people and alot of polish connect through DXB because of the lower prices so the demand for that route is high(same with prague flight).

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:22 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: How does UA make EWR-DEL work?
Replies: 45
Views: 9929

Re: How does UA make EWR-DEL work?

when you have such a hugh indian population in NYC metro alot of people would like fly non-stop between those routes so that route really makes sense.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:01 pm
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Largest equipement-shortest route, smallest equipment-longest route
Replies: 88
Views: 17420

Re: Largest equipement-shortest route, smallest equipment-longest route

Gulf Air flies BAH-CDG route with an a320 which is a 3000 mile(4828 km) route and its the longest a320 route.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:43 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Intrastate mainline routes
Replies: 28
Views: 3390

Re: Intrastate mainline routes

also AS SEA-BLI

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:34 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: YYZ EY EK TK Load Factors
Replies: 21
Views: 4972

Re: YYZ EY EK TK Load Factors

if there was an open skies agreement between Canada and the UAE the canadian airports would be flooded with ME3 carriers, but unfortunately the canadian government is very strict about flights coming from the persian gulf... so i guess that this route could have an higher frequency of flights from ...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:30 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Fake bomb scare on El Al
Replies: 2
Views: 491

Re: Fake bomb scare on El Al

these fake bomb threats are not new and no matter how secure the airline is(and LY is one of the most secured airlines in the world) these threats can always happen, so i dont think it would lower the reputation of LY.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:23 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Rise of "Ultra" Low-Cost Carriers
Replies: 32
Views: 8218

Re: Rise of "Ultra" Low-Cost Carriers

well JetBlue, Southwest, and Virgin America are indeed low-cost carriers because they usually offer lower prices but still they are a premium-lowcost carriers, in other words they keep prices low and service high.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:20 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: YYZ EY EK TK Load Factors
Replies: 21
Views: 4972

Re: YYZ EY EK TK Load Factors

if there was an open skies agreement between Canada and the UAE the canadian airports would be flooded with ME3 carriers, but unfortunately the canadian government is very strict about flights coming from the persian gulf... so i guess that this route could have an higher frequency of flights from t...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: most profitable US routes
Replies: 15
Views: 6182

Re: most profitable US routes

rta wrote:
usflyer123 wrote:
DFW-MIA also seems like one.


Curious about this. What makes you say that?


AA flies 640k passengres on that route alone and those two are AA hubs.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:24 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Frenchblue A330 With Second Hand Seats
Replies: 30
Views: 16023

Re: Frenchblue A330 With Second Hand Seats

First picture of the cabin. Looks quite nice despite the 9 abreast configuration... http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/926970IMG33961600.jpg well thats because they want to fit alot of seats to this plane. but still these seats looks really good and modern, especially for a low-cost carrier.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:15 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Air India To Launch DEL-MAD In December
Replies: 14
Views: 3054

Re: Air India To Launch DEL-MAD In December

i think almost all people wont make connections in DEL when you have LHR(a huge oneworld hub),DXB,FRA,DOH(also oneworld) and HKG. there isnt a significant diaspora of indian in spain and i dont think the tourist and business relations between indian and spain are that strong so i really wonder how t...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:51 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: food on domestic US flights
Replies: 56
Views: 9794

Re: food on domestic US flights

I received a snack box on Continental in 2012. In Europe it's only Alitalia, Aeroflot, Airberlin, British Airways, Lufthansa Group (except germanwings now Eurowings and SN) and TAP Portugal that serve complimentary meals on all flights. Not Air France? Yes these European Airlines are more generous ...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:49 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: most profitable US routes
Replies: 15
Views: 6182

Re: most profitable US routes

i know that HOU-DAL is a hugh moneymaker and DFW-MIA also seems like one. and the DXB-JFK route seems like a very profitable route because EK is the only carrie r on that route(also DL's DTW-AMS). what do you think, which routes do you think are the most profitable?? Unless something has changed in...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:56 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: most profitable US routes
Replies: 15
Views: 6182

most profitable US routes

i know that HOU-DAL is a hugh moneymaker and DFW-MIA also seems like one.
and the DXB-JFK route seems like a very profitable route because EK is the only carrier on that route(also DL's DTW-AMS).
what do you think, which routes do you think are the most profitable??

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:22 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: MKE outlook -- Milwaukee Business Journal series
Replies: 10
Views: 2346

Re: MKE outlook -- Milwaukee Business Journal series

One of the things that I always felt hamstrung MKE was a lack of nonstop to JFK to hit the European departure bank. I think NW tried one for a little while (mìd-80s?) But IIRC the problem was the return because flights were coming back all over the place. I think the locals view MKE as a nice natio...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:17 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Cat blocks Ukrainian plane at Tel Aviv Airport
Replies: 10
Views: 2983

Re: Cat blocks Ukrainian plane at Tel Aviv Airport

well thats pretty dumb :lol:

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:56 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: WestJet now flying YHZ-YVR & YHZ-YWG non-stop
Replies: 5
Views: 1133

Re: WestJet now flying YHX-YVR & YHX-YWG non-stop

well because of that i think they can afford themselves try new markets. In my guess, the days of trying new markets by darts on a dartboard are long gone. Being a domestic flight and flying between two city pairs already served, Westjet would know exactly how many passengers wish to fly. It would ...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:16 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: WestJet now flying YHZ-YVR & YHZ-YWG non-stop
Replies: 5
Views: 1133

Re: WestJet now flying YHX-YVR & YHX-YWG non-stop

AC did do if a few years back. AC185 went YYT-YHZ-YYC-YVR, but 1-2 days a week I believe it went YHZ-YVR nonstop. Equipment used was an A319. I'm wondering if WS has an over abundance of a/c lying around so they are trying a few new routes they haven't done before? well because of that i think they...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:08 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Korean Air Adds ICN-DEL Route
Replies: 2
Views: 988

Re: Korean Air Adds ICN-DEL Route

Nice they have entered the market with Air india and Asiana, they would definitley crush them!

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:29 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: KLM to stop 747 flights to SXM
Replies: 36
Views: 15225

Re: KLM to stop 747 flights to SXM

uta999 wrote:
Perhaps EK will put an A380 on the route once they receive their 100th next year.

They must be running out of airports to send them to soon.

:D :D :D :D


the same thing with TK, they just fly everywhere :lol:

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:26 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: WestJet now flying YHZ-YVR & YHZ-YWG non-stop
Replies: 5
Views: 1133

Re: WestJet now flying YHX-YVR & YHX-YWG non-stop

i think its about time there will be a YVR-YHZ route. i wonder how AC didnt do it first...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:01 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Emirates B77W to Orlando.
Replies: 13
Views: 4447

Re: Emirates B77W to Orlando.

its really weird that flight is doing well, thats a pretty strange route(not as weird as planned DOH-LAS or DXB-PTY) but still...
what kind of passengers usually fly that route: businessman?indian/asian VFR?tourism?

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:47 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: food on domestic US flights
Replies: 56
Views: 9794

Re: food on domestic US flights

what i think is if an airline dont serve food on some flights thats fine, but the buy on board flight snacks are way overpriced, i mean 3.5 dollar for a can of coke or 5 dollar for tiny pringles and some crackersbox thats just way overpriced! its really better to eat Mcdonalds or something at the te...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Air Canada: YYZ-GIG zeroed out
Replies: 12
Views: 5811

Re: Air Canada: YYZ-GIG zeroed out

i wonder how this route lasted untill now. unlike their profitable YYZ-GRU flight the GIG had never been a hugh money maker.
i also wonder how their weird YUL-DEN flight is doing...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:59 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: food on domestic US flights
Replies: 56
Views: 9794

Re: food on domestic US flights

Have you been to Europe lately? Food on shorthaul is as rare as unicorn poo. It's alsmot all BOB nowadays and the better for it. Order what you want and benefit from lower ticket prices thanks to less waste. well i flew BA,LH,TK and Swiss recently and they all had meals on their flights(those were ...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:54 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Tibet Airlines becomes latest A330 operator
Replies: 20
Views: 5520

Re: Tibet Airlines becomes latest A330 operator

they will probably use it on SHA/PEK because they are pretty far fron LXA and have alot of pax traffic. i really dont see any international routes from LXA they can use that plane, any suggestions? I was gonna say IST, but than they have the attack. Rumor has it that they're looking to start HKG an...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:48 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: food on domestic US flights
Replies: 56
Views: 9794

food on domestic US flights

i know many people think like i do: why the hack there is no food service on no airline in domestic routes in the us?(except for Hawaiian Airlines flights). the american carriers are so stingy, even flights over 5 or 6 hours dont have food services, dont even a tiny snack! i mean in europe even in 1...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:56 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Fresno (FAT) Triples New Service Incentive
Replies: 25
Views: 4301

Re: Fresno (FAT) Triples New Service Incentive

the GDL-FAT route has competition so i guess its going well. hope Y4 will add MEX route and other airline add SJD service. i think ATL,IAH and ORD can really work because fresno is a large city with yosemite nearby and also due to conccections on the other side. i even think that seasonal B4 JFK-FAT...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:42 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: MIA-TLV flight
Replies: 19
Views: 3255

Re: MIA-TLV flight

well LY ordered 15 787s and has options for 7 more so i think if they want to expand in the US it must be MIA and than ORD. its time for them to throw away the old 767s and 747s and expand with a large network of 787s! also i think a TLV-PVG route would make sense. is that true that LY is about to a...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:59 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Tibet Airlines becomes latest A330 operator
Replies: 20
Views: 5520

Re: Tibet Airlines becomes latest A330 operator

they will probably use it on SHA/PEK because they are pretty far fron LXA and have alot of pax traffic.
i really dont see any international routes from LXA they can use that plane, any suggestions?

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:50 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: OAK Is Regaining Its Former Glory
Replies: 103
Views: 17991

Re: OAK Is Regaining Its Former Glory

how does G4 doing in OAK?are they planning to expand their network there?

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:34 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Inaugural LH FRA-SJC
Replies: 34
Views: 8327

Re: Inaugural LH FRA-SJC

So who's next for SJC: KE, BR, CX, AF ? I'm surprised KE hasn't jumped into SJC yet, considering ICN is in the top 5 most requested int'l destinations after LHR, FRA, PEK, and NRT. AF wont fly there, they having some financial problems. also i think CX,KE and BR wont fly there because they already ...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:07 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AS Adding Seattle-San Luis Obispo in April 2017
Replies: 20
Views: 4618

Re: AS Adding Seattle-San Luis Obispo in April 2017

weaglibrium wrote:
usflyer123 wrote:
also its good to AA because of their AS codesharing and the ability to connect many pax to their SEA-asia flights.


What Asian markets does AA serve from SEA?


sorry my mistake, i meant DL.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:28 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: AS Adding Seattle-San Luis Obispo in April 2017
Replies: 20
Views: 4618

Re: AS Adding Seattle-San Luis Obispo in April 2017

well i think SEA is the best west coast hub along with SFO. just wonderfull how dominant they are on their SEA-west coast flights, especially the regional routes!
also its good to AA because of their AS codesharing and the ability to connect many pax to their SEA-asia flights.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:49 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: 5 Places Pilots Hate to Fly
Replies: 9
Views: 7693

Re: 5 Places Pilots Hate to Fly

well i cant tell you about where pilots hate flying to, but as a passenger i think that LAX,MIA,JFK and MDW are the worst airports in terms of long lines, long customs and immigration times and crowded airports with alot of delays. also ATL is very crowded. i really love flying CLT and SEA- they are...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:30 pm
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Miserable Flights
Replies: 51
Views: 8034

Re: Miserable Flights

Earlier this year, a flight that I was looking forward to was my first flight on a Fokker 70 with KLM, FRA-AMS. Started off at FRA T2, cleared security with about 2hrs prior to departure to find one of the worst terminals I've ever been to, a coffee shop, a newsagent and a duty free store with zero...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:44 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Wow air to start KEF-EWR in November 2016
Replies: 4
Views: 1196

Re: Wow air to start KEF-EWR in November 2016

hope they will make it work, it would lower prices to europe in EWR. hope they are also successfull in LAX and SFO.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:40 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Srilankan to axe Frankfurt and Paris routes
Replies: 5
Views: 1555

Re: Srilankan to axe Frankfurt and Paris routes

i guess the ME3 also crashed them.
however Ukraine International Airlines will start KBP-CMB which is nice

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:58 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: What airlines is MCO talking to?
Replies: 35
Views: 4324

Re: What airlines is MCO talking to?

Current service from TPA, MCO, or SFB (MIA is too far). Here's what's between the three: Tampa Int'l BA to Gatwick LH to Frankfurt Edelweiss to Zurich Orlando MCO BA to Gatwick DY to Gatwick VS to Gatwick VS to Manchester VS to Glasgow LH to Frankfurt EK to Dubai Orlando SFB Thomson to Gatwick This...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:49 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: June 2016 Domestic widebodies updated (Worldwide)
Replies: 37
Views: 6485

Re: June 2016 Domestic widebodies updated (Worldwide)

UA Widebodies 777 (All flights involve California) LAX-EWR LAX-IAD LAX-SFO (Intra-state) SFO-LAX (Intra-state) SFO-EWR SFO-IAD SFO-ORD EWR-LAX EWR-SFO IAD-SFO IAD-LAX ORD-SFO 787 IAH-SFO IAH-DEN DEN-IAH EWR-LAX LAX-EWR SFO-IAH 744 INTERNATIONAL (Bonus if anyone was wondering) SFO-LHR (Europe) SFO-F...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:46 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Philippine Airlines FINALLY announces double daily on MNL-LAX
Replies: 5
Views: 2778

Re: Philippine Airlines FINALLY announces double daily on MNL-LAX

their YVR-MNL flights are also very successfull(probably with the YYZ connection).
i think they should start serving SEA it would make sense.

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:29 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: some weird routes need to be explained
Replies: 41
Views: 8967

Re: some weird routes need to be explained

LAX-RAR is usually a 763 with an occasional 777 during peak periods. I do remember reading somewhere that the route is subsidized by the cook islands, but unsure if this is still true. LAX-RAR is switching to an 772 later on this year, as part of the 763 phase out plan, which will add additional 10...

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:25 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Air Canada suspends flights to IST
Replies: 6
Views: 2013

Re: Air Canada suspends flights to IST

this route is very important to AC because of its codesharing with TK.
i dont think that one terrorist attack on the airport will make this flight being cancelled(like airlines didnt stop flying to BRU).

Jump to post
by usflyer123
Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:21 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: some weird routes need to be explained
Replies: 41
Views: 8967

Re: some weird routes need to be explained

why would MIA-BLA be strange? i really dont get some of the questions here, honestly... *think* people....*think* correct me if im wrong but miami area has around 100,000 venezuelan people. barcelona(venezuela) has around 600,000 people so its kind of weird because probably the VFR pax on this flig...

Jump to post