Search found 3149 matches

by salttee
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:01 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia
Replies: 146
Views: 11777

Re: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

This is a very good analysis of the allegations. Lots of points that haven’t been raised. https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/01/report-fbi-opened-inquiry-into-whether-trump-was-working-for-the-russians.php A very good analysis from the extreme right wing point of view. If one is interested...

Jump to post
by salttee
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:53 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

This thread become an endless loop of the same arguments with Airbus fanboys questioning the airworthiness of the Max with a sample size of n=2. It should be locked until the CVR is found. I agree the thread should be locked until something new turns up. The only reason I returned to the thread las...

Jump to post
by salttee
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:53 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia
Replies: 146
Views: 11777

Re: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

stratosphere wrote:
If you really want to dig into the Russian BS you will find Clinton had more collusion than Trump ever did.

Yes we will all forever remember the 140 story Clinton tower proposal that Putin announced in the steps of the Lenin Mausoleum.

Those were the days my friend.

Jump to post
by salttee
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia
Replies: 146
Views: 11777

Re: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Both sides engage in this trash talk. One side said Obama is a Mooslim from Kenya. Another side says that Trump is an incest bent Russian agent. The difference being that, factually speaking, Obama never has been a Muslim nor was he born in Kenya. Whether Trump is a Russian "agent" depend...

Jump to post
by salttee
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:39 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia
Replies: 146
Views: 11777

Re: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

The current Russian regime practices nearly identical policies toward the US as the Stalinist USSR did for the 60 years of its existence, including covert ops in third world nations to defeat US interests and developing weapons of mass destruction for use against the United States. The current Russi...

Jump to post
by salttee
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:28 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

A 30 year old design competing against a heavily warmed-over 51-year-old design doesn't get you that far. :banghead: AFAIK the current general upper design of redundancy (system level approach of multiple sensors, multiple ADIRU, multiple FC, multiple actuators) was first matured on the A330. Many ...

Jump to post
by salttee
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:23 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

They did apply manual counter trim. Dozens of times. And every time the wheel not only stopped, but even followed their command. So the symptoms of a stabilizer runaway were not there. By repetition the pilots learned, they could control the trim. What they did not know, was that this system would ...

Jump to post
by salttee
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:29 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia
Replies: 146
Views: 11777

Re: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

BN747 wrote:
F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Too bad they didn't open their comments section on that story. The Times comments get some clear-sighted and well written responses; that article would draw out some insightful posts for sure.

Jump to post
by salttee
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:14 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

Again, to REACT to an aircraft system problem, you first has to DETECT a problem exist, even if you can't IDENTIFY the root failure causing the condition. The DETECTION CRITERIA for abnormal aircraft system condition simply does not exist exist in the procedure before the mishap What you don't unde...

Jump to post
by salttee
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

Again, the detection criteria for MCAS unintended activate due to AOA failure were not made available to flight crews before mishap. So procedure to handle MCAS failure does not exist. The point of issuing AD is to update procedure Of what consequence is it knowing why the stabilizer trim has run a...

Jump to post
by salttee
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:17 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details
Replies: 1199
Views: 51878

Re: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details

Kinda off topic but I'll stick this comment here rather than starting a new thread. I was reading an article in The Daily Beast and came across a statement by Kris Kobach a prominent Trumpista. He said: “ I joined the (go fund me wall) organization because its mission is of the highest importance to...

Jump to post
by salttee
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:55 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

does exists documented incident on a 737 not MAX over 50 years where the crew faced a runaway stab trim that was still correctly responding to the electrical manual stab trim ? I don't have any knowledge or data on previous trim failures. But I don't see how they would have any bearing on what occu...

Jump to post
by salttee
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:56 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

Yes, and this is in fact what the JT610 crew did: the automatic trim was disabled because the AP was disconnected and there apply manual counter-trim. There didn't know that a another hidden MCAS system was erratically acting in manual flight mode. Here is a picture of a 737-200 cockpit. Notice tha...

Jump to post
by salttee
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details
Replies: 1199
Views: 51878

Re: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details

A bizzare fact about this is that most of Trump's base are delighted that the government is shut down; they would like to see it completely destroyed if possible. They are not forward thinking enough to look at what might happen after that. In essence, they have taken on the strategic plans of Joe S...

Jump to post
by salttee
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:25 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

During recovery they deyployed the flaps. This stopped MCAS from running the trim. After they recovered and raised the flaps MCAS went into action again. This could have confused them. In any case, single sensor failure causing this is shitty design, and that belongs to boeing 100%. You're wanderin...

Jump to post
by salttee
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:01 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

I don't see as much complexity in this as you and your sources are postulating. Every aircraft equipped with automatic stabilizer trim, from piston driven twins to the 380 has a cutout switch available to the flight crew to either disable the automatic trim or to remove power to the auto trim motor(...

Jump to post
by salttee
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:01 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: 747 Delivery/Production Thread - 2019
Replies: 227
Views: 69057

Re: 747 Delivery/Production Thread - 2019

https://cargofacts.com/4-new-747-8f-ord ... rder-book/

It's dated 1/10/19.
-->

There's an article in Cargo Facts which says that Boeing just received a new order for two 747-8Fs, unspecified customer.
https://cargofacts.com/4-new-747-8f-ord ... rder-book/

It's dated 1/10/19.

Jump to post
by salttee
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:43 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details
Replies: 1199
Views: 51878

Re: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details

CaliAtenza wrote:
I hear the right wing always talk about "open borders". WTF does that mean?

When the right wingers aren't issuing innuendo, they generally spew hyperbole.

Jump to post
by salttee
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:28 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details
Replies: 1199
Views: 51878

Re: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details

af773atmsp wrote:
Tunnels. Catapults. Cars. Planes. Boats. All of these inventions make a wall useless.

And that's all I'm going to say on this matter.
And ladders. (with ropes for the other side)

Jump to post
by salttee
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:07 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

I hate this argument. How in the hell are we to know who is “on the payroll” somewhere? At least with one person we know exactly who they are. Who is everybody else? What are their “interests”? Iow, it’s a big fat strawman to imply that because we know where one forum member stands that we should b...

Jump to post
by salttee
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:26 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

I hate this argument. How in the hell are we to know who is “on the payroll” somewhere? At least with one person we know exactly who they are. Who is everybody else? What are their “interests”? Iow, it’s a big fat strawman to imply that because we know where one forum member stands that we should b...

Jump to post
by salttee
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:20 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details
Replies: 1199
Views: 51878

Re: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details

MSPNWA wrote:
Just admit that the Democrat party is in favor of open borders

Link?

Jump to post
by salttee
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:18 am
Forum: Military Aviation & Space Flight
Topic: Can aircraft carriers survive anymore ?
Replies: 56
Views: 8340

Re: Can aircraft carriers survive anymore ?

As long as the carriers adapt to the situations (they did a lot in the past, pretty sure they can still now), they're gonna be here for a while. It's the de facto ship of any navy ever. Now the question is what kind of weaponry is going to challenge their existence. I won't exactly bank on the &quo...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:52 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details
Replies: 1199
Views: 51878

Re: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details

Semantics won’t save you. Democrats wanted a barrier. They were so proud of voting for them. They loved them! This is another of your many oblique mischaracterizations that a person conversing with you has to decide whether to ignore or to challenge. If it is ignored, you score a victory or at leas...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

I think it's good that someone who is a publicity agent for one of the interested parties in the JT610 accident remove himself from discussion in a forum where the rest of the posters are non-professional in the political sense and even if they appear to have an agenda, it's not really an agenda, b...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:07 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details
Replies: 1199
Views: 51878

Re: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details

Saltee, How soon you forget that Democrats we’re advocating for barriers along the border. You can wish that we’ve all forgotten, but we haven’t. Once again you try to slip one by with a false claim. The democrats never advocated a "wall" as Trump is trying to sell. Not even close, there ...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:55 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details
Replies: 1199
Views: 51878

Re: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details

I've said it before, you argue like a high school sophomore. I think there could be a very good reason for thet... I love the irony here. There's no irony, alpha made a typo. Once again you blow off the topic of conversation and try to divert the conversation. It seems to be the only thing you know.

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:46 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details
Replies: 1199
Views: 51878

Re: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details

Read his conclusion on page 83. It even says there are areas where a wall would have no real operational effectiveness. Which was EXACTLY my point - that legitimate studies show that barriers are effective in strategic locations. No, your point was that Trump's wall would be effective if deployed s...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:03 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl
Replies: 253
Views: 20225

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Santa Claus does appeal to many people I guess. She knows how to speak her mind. Too bad it does not contain any content. Have you considered the possibility that the lack of any common understanding between you and her might be due to a limitation on your part? A side effect of Dunning-Kruger maybe.

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:57 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Richest Person in the world Divorcing
Replies: 71
Views: 4195

Re: Richest Person in the world Divorcing

Has anyone ever blown 65 billion before? I know I’d spend a few million on cars, a few hundred million on an exploration yacht, a private jet and some homes, that would all come to less than 1 billion, so what would you have to do to blow 65 of them? Getting oneself to the head of the table in a ga...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Anglophone Privilege
Replies: 106
Views: 8362

Re: The Anglophone Privilege

was

And Charles de Gaulle in his nationalistic fervor intended for it to be the language of diplomacy and more forever.

Snicker Snicker :lol:

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:25 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Another big fire in California
Replies: 171
Views: 11221

Re: Another big fire in California

You must be stoned. Or never looked at your PGE bill. I really don't look at it, I haven't for years. It's on autopay. I try not to get upset with the fact that I'm living in the 21st century. I remember a time when everything was so much cheaper, homes were 20 grand or so... But I also remember ma...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:18 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Another big fire in California
Replies: 171
Views: 11221

Re: Another big fire in California

Thanks for personally admitting that your above post claiming that we have the costliest electricity in the nation was wrong. You must be stoned. Or never looked at your PGE bill. I really don't look at it, I haven't for years. It's on autopay. I get an E-mail once a month; I delete the E-mail. I t...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:08 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Another big fire in California
Replies: 171
Views: 11221

Re: Another big fire in California

Thanks for personally admitting that your above post claiming that we have the costliest electricity in the nation was wrong. Even if you did it with maximum whining and evading. OK the towers are 100 years old, but I'm sure you would have been opposed to PG&E spending your precious money to rep...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:24 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

If you want to raise the subject of mandala499, I'll be happy to oblige. Above, you spoke of consensus and said "It's been answered many times already". Now it's mandala499. I was unaware I was bumping into anyone's sacred cow; I was just trying to put noshow's seemingly false assumption i...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:10 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Another big fire in California
Replies: 171
Views: 11221

Re: Another big fire in California

YOU are part of the problem. the impact of our felonious utility company cannot be understated.................. They charge us the highest rates in the continental US If PG&E is cutting corners on safety it is solely to keep costs down because people like you are demanding lower rates. You are...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:21 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Richest Person in the world Divorcing
Replies: 71
Views: 4195

Re: Richest Person in the world Divorcing

I think it's possible that she might consider anything over the first billion or so she gets to be little other than an unneeded and unwanted responsibility. He seems to be the one with the insatiable greed. I could be wrong, but why would a person in her position want to involve herself in a long ...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:15 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

I know that some here believe that the maintenance person was on the flight for service this new type at the destination (the consensus was) but I was asking if it is known specifically in this case if that was why he was on the plane.

Otherwise noshow's assertion remains unanswered.

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:20 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Capital punishment in the US and Its future
Replies: 192
Views: 18039

Re: Capital Punihsment in the US and Its Future

That is possibly the most absurd argument I've ever seen on the internet. Do you ever question what you're doing with your life? Argument? It has actually happened. Google Wayne Doty. I can provide more examples if you wish. Do you have one of a person being right in its head? This guy requested th...

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:48 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Replies: 3187
Views: 626319

Re: Lion Air 737MAX8 Crashed Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

Noshow wrote:
It's unfair to blame the pilots. They could not know what the airplane was doing, Lion had tried to repair the issue and had some mechanic flying in the cockpit to monitor.

Was he in the cockpit to monitor or was he there to service the plane after it landed?
Has that question ever been answered?

Jump to post
by salttee
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details
Replies: 1199
Views: 51878

Re: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details

MSPNWA wrote:
Wake up, America. Do you like being the frog?

This isn't the Breitbart comments section, gibberish like that is wasted here.

Jump to post
by salttee
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:57 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details
Replies: 1199
Views: 51878

Re: The Shutdown Part 2 - reasons, effects and details

Both sides have a lot to lose. The public knows that this is all about egos. The Democrats want you to believe that, because of the shut down, the sky is falling. That’s a double edged sword. $5.7 billion is a cheap price to pay to prevent the sky from falling, and everyone knows it. Correction: Yo...

Jump to post
by salttee
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:17 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Richest Person in the world Divorcing
Replies: 71
Views: 4195

Re: Richest Person in the world Divorcing

If the posters above are correct, Washington law says it's half hers irregardless of prenuptial agreement.

So that's that.

Jump to post
by salttee
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:34 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Richest Person in the world Divorcing
Replies: 71
Views: 4195

Re: Richest Person in the world Divorcing

wingman wrote:
If anyone has her Tinder profile please send it to me by private message..hell, send Jeff's too.

You're too late. I've already set her an E-mail telling her that I'm available.

Jump to post
by salttee
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:32 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Another big fire in California
Replies: 171
Views: 11221

Re: Another big fire in California

casinterest wrote:
What kind of pathetic leader is this?

I'd spell it out, but the mods would just delete it.

Jump to post
by salttee
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:31 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Richest Person in the world Divorcing
Replies: 71
Views: 4195

Re: Richest Person in the world Divorcing

I disagree. If someone is entitled to something and them exercising that right doesn't make them greedy or power hungry or anything. Anyone in that position wouldn't give up that cash. If they did they would be foolish. You might not be able to change the world but you can do much more good with 65...

Jump to post
by salttee
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Richest Person in the world Divorcing
Replies: 71
Views: 4195

Re: Richest Person in the world Divorcing

Berevoff wrote:
Add in a few foundations, setting up non-profits and and a billion dollars goes quick.

What you are describing here really just amounts to clamoring for power.
64 billion isn't going to change the world anyway.

Jump to post
by salttee
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:43 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Richest Person in the world Divorcing
Replies: 71
Views: 4195

Re: Richest Person in the world Divorcing

I think it's possible that she might consider anything over the first billion or so she gets to be little other than an unneeded and unwanted responsibility. He seems to be the one with the insatiable greed. I could be wrong, but why would a person in her position want to involve herself in a long b...

Jump to post
by salttee
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:07 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Capital punishment in the US and Its future
Replies: 192
Views: 18039

Re: Capital Punihsment in the US and Its Future

Some prisoners have threatened to kill other inmates unless given the death penalty. Several have kept their word and done just that. Why are you in favor of needlessly putting lives at risk? That is possibly the most absurd argument I've ever seen on the internet. Do you ever question what you're ...

Jump to post