Search found 15203 matches

by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:25 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

lmao. MY support. No wonder less and less people take liberals seriously and laws like this pass. Just read what you wrote. Direct insult, insinuation and projection without zero self-reflection and accountability for your own behaviour and words. I can turn on russian state TV right now and I will...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:22 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina
Replies: 77
Views: 2906

Re: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina

Pretty small chance of death by a firearm (not suicide) when compared to 330M people in the US and other causes of death. Heck, its even lower than the flu, why are we not doing more to stop the other causes? I'm not saying we should ignore firearm related deaths, but its also not nearly as promine...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:01 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina
Replies: 77
Views: 2906

Re: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina

johns624 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Should I have been offended because a Black man called me the N word one time? BTW--He meant it as a compliment. It was a funny story.



Was he using it pejoratively ?
I said that he meant it as a compliment. You figure it out.



You asked if you should be offended. I wasn't sure if you knew?

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:45 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina
Replies: 77
Views: 2906

Re: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina

Maybe YOU push it as a racist term. Is "crib" a racist term? Yes, when used as a pejorative, which is how many racists/white nationalists like to use it. . Should I have been offended because a Black man called me the N word one time? BTW--He meant it as a compliment. It was a funny story...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:40 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

You literally proved his point lmao. Everything you say here is bigoted towards a group of people. It's just a different point of view that you start with. Your moral compass is not universal nor it has a monopoly. If you want to be who you claim you are you need to understand this nuance. Definiti...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:35 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina
Replies: 77
Views: 2906

Re: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina

Sorry, but " 'hood" is the term used by the people who live there. It's not a racist thing. I grew up in Detroit and worked for the school system for 28 years, I know. And yet is was pushed forward as a racist item, and came to connotate such when red lining was in place. Maybe YOU push i...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:29 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

I have made similar statements several times, but no one listens. Its almost pointless on this board to make statements like yours. 90%+ of the country is in the "middle" and are not racists, fascists, commies, etc., but once you say you have views that are similar with one party or the o...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:20 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina
Replies: 77
Views: 2906

Re: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina

And using the word "hood" is part of the continued legacy that CRT seeks to explain. Sorry, but " 'hood" is the term used by the people who live there. It's not a racist thing. I grew up in Detroit and worked for the school system for 28 years, I know. And yet is was pushed forw...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:19 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

I have made similar statements several times, but no one listens. Its almost pointless on this board to make statements like yours. 90%+ of the country is in the "middle" and are not racists, fascists, commies, etc., but once you say you have views that are similar with one party or the o...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:58 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina
Replies: 77
Views: 2906

Re: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina

You really think that someone that already carries guns illegally is going to care about more gun control? All more gun control would do would be to increase the number of vulnerable targets for well-armed criminals to attack. No wonder even the Democrats have largely conceded that they lost the gu...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:16 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina
Replies: 77
Views: 2906

Re: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina

What's racist? Another poster sarcastically implied that he doubted this shooting was in the hood and I proved him wrong. Interestingly enough, 51% of known murderers (and a similar percentage of murder victims) in this country belong to a very limited demographic (young, black, male)- https://ucr....

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:08 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread
Replies: 5597
Views: 364448

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine - *Discussion* Thread

This is what I was wondering about.............Its going to be a Black Friday sale at the Paris Air Show this summer. What happens to weapons sent to Ukraine? The US doesn't really know https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/19/politics/us-weapons-ukraine-intelligence/index.html "The US has few ways to t...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:05 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina
Replies: 77
Views: 2906

Re: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina

More cars=more deaths. Ban cars. Of course the great thing about this country, casinterest, is that if you don't want a gun, you don't have to buy one. You aren't taking mine, though. Back on topic, this nightclub absolutely looks "hood" from the pictures: https://www.greenvilleonline.com...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:47 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: CDC plans to extend mask mandate
Replies: 82
Views: 4783

Re: CDC plans to extend mask mandate

Look at that. Trump appointed an Activist Judge. The Legal community is pretty much slamming the "ABA Unqualified" Federal Judge. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/04/19/1093641691/mask-mandate-judge-public-health-sanitation Mizelle substituted her own definition of "sani...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:41 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina
Replies: 77
Views: 2906

Re: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/sites/default/files/2014-2020%20SUMMARY%202020%20GRAPHIC%20with%202019%20CDC.jpg https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/ Here for the Self Defense gun lobby posters. Strange that Death/Suicides/Injuries and MASS SHOOTING continue to rocket higher while Self defense re...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:40 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Buyer Beware: Health Care Sharing Ministry Sharity Leaves 10K Families with Millions in Unpaid Bills
Replies: 4
Views: 1325

Re: Buyer Beware: Health Care Sharing Ministry Sharity Leaves 10K Families with Millions in Unpaid Bills

Hmmm, it's almost like you can easily fool those willing to believe. Teach them to hate The Affordable Care act, and then rob them blind. https://goldrushcam.com/sierrasuntimes/index.php/news/local-news/35994-california-attorney-general-bonta-takes-legal-action-against-sham-health-care-sharing-minis...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:26 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Word Game Q2 2022
Replies: 320
Views: 10149

Re: Word Game Q2 2022

resolve

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:25 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina
Replies: 77
Views: 2906

Re: Shooting at a Lounge in South Carolina

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/sites/default/files/2014-2020%20SUMMARY%202020%20GRAPHIC%20with%202019%20CDC.jpg https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/ Here for the Self Defense gun lobby posters. Strange that Death/Suicides/Injuries and MASS SHOOTING continue to rocket higher while Self defense re...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:16 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

The FL and national GOP is literally painting every LGBTQ person and supporter as a pedophile now, so let's not talk about "pointing fingers". The GOP has always wanted to engage in culture wars first and foremost, at the expense of education, and that is why the worst states in the count...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:35 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Let us remember why we are here. Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit? Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalitio...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:14 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2022/04/19/desantis-textbooks-florida-woke-one-publisher-allowed-k-5-math-classes/7357965001/ So through it all, only ONE publisher's books were accepted. I am thinking this has to do with kickbacks more than anything else, and the DOE used fake social issues ...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:07 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Word Game Q2 2022
Replies: 320
Views: 10149

Re: Word Game Q2 2022

unmitigated

Jump to post
by casinterest
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:06 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2022/04/19/desantis-textbooks-florida-woke-one-publisher-allowed-k-5-math-classes/7357965001/ So through it all, only ONE publisher's books were accepted. I am thinking this has to do with kickbacks more than anything else, and the DOE used fake social issues a...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:00 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Because they contained subjects that go out of scope of math? Isn't that written on every article about it? *** EDIT my bad. misread racism with fascism So I would like to see examples that go out of the scope of math. math is part of everything, and just marking special reasons doesn't do much to ...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:18 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Theory is just that. A theory that might or might not be true. If it's not true or proven by definition why would it be implemented into a official school curriculum? You're free to talk about it as much as you want but you can't force it on people as in the end it might be nothing. In medical scie...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:35 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Let us remember why we are here. Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit? Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalitio...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:45 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Let us remember why we are here. Snowflake Racists in Florida were so threatened by a Collegiate level theory, that they enacted a law to BAN discussion of it. If the theory was so bad, wouldn't it have failed on it's own merit? Rather, they verified the theory by getting a majority racist coalition...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:44 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Word Game Q2 2022
Replies: 320
Views: 10149

Re: Word Game Q2 2022

Wedding

Jump to post
by casinterest
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:42 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Honestly can't remember what the hysteria over common core was about but that was about a dozen GOP hysterias ago... I'm surprised FL didn't ban math books because they did a socialism/communism to children https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/05/states-are-implementing-new-educational-standards-signaling-...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:38 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: CDC plans to extend mask mandate
Replies: 82
Views: 4783

Re: CDC plans to extend mask mandate

Then why should one judge in Florida strike be able to shut down the mandate on the light rail in Seattle? :scratchchin: Another aspect of our "fine" federalist system... Because they are a federal judge. Okay... so why didn't they go after PCR test requirement instead? The testing is way...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:35 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina
Replies: 65
Views: 2471

Re: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina

You can't even post an opinion so what does it say about the subject? BTW you clearly didn't even read that article that has multiple links and sources listed. Start with this "opinion" from that piece lol. Takes a while to load the data. https://www.justfacts.org/guncontrol.asp You can a...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:55 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

When did your books have racist stuff in them? Genuine question. I have a math 1% under my roof and I help whenever I can and never heard anything political in the questions. I asked if there's something that caught the eye and was told no. Considering that another 1% that often studies here is non...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:45 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: CDC plans to extend mask mandate
Replies: 82
Views: 4783

Re: CDC plans to extend mask mandate

A federal judge has struck down the Biden's extension of the mask mandate that was originally set to expire today: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10729125/Florida-judge-voids-US-mask-mandate-planes-travel.html I wonder if the DOJ will let it slide, or if they will let it go into effect. M...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:58 pm
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Your Most Flown Airline?
Replies: 39
Views: 2356

Re: Your Most Flown Airline?

Probably a tossup between Delta and United. My younger days I flew a lot of Continental, US airways, and Northwest, so technically I could push American up a bit as well.
However now, it is mostly Delta and United.

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:55 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina
Replies: 65
Views: 2471

Re: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina

Answer my question and then i'll do my research and answer yours. You posted an opinion piece. So without your research, Your assertion is false. You can't even post an opinion so what does it say about the subject? BTW you clearly didn't even read that article that has multiple links and sources l...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:45 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Here's the thing. By banning political messages from mathematics you are actually preserving it. Give me some examples were politics are good in teaching math and math itself. Logically you want people to be as best at the subject so they can read it well and understand it but talking about feeling...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:20 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina
Replies: 65
Views: 2471

Re: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

How many cases like this vs 400 thousands that prevented the crime?


How many of the "Prevented Crimes" involved attempts at weapon theft?


Answer my question and then i'll do my research and answer yours.


You posted an opinion piece. So without your research, Your assertion is false.

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:19 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

lol again. I'll try to explain it better... What parts/symbols/definitions of algebra were banned in those books in Florida? We don't now, but banning 40% of Math books over political issues and disagreements of how math should be taught shouldn't be a political issue, but Republicans have made it ...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:17 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina
Replies: 65
Views: 2471

Re: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina

According to this person 400K crimes a year are prevented by regular folks with guns. https://fee.org/articles/guns-prevent-thousands-of-crimes-every-day-research-show/ How many bystanders die from gun violence? Honest question as I can't find the data. The article tells of a guy who grabbed a gun ...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:02 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Yeah,leftist ideologies. Maybe that's what is hitting Florida WHICH IS WHY some of the proposed books were banned? We're talking logic 101 here. I still don't know what does algebra have to do with MATH BOOKS in FLORIDA though. You don't know what Algebra is do you? lol again. I'll try to explain i...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:00 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina
Replies: 65
Views: 2471

Re: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina

That's like saying the answer to reducing DUI's is to outlaw cars. Law-abiding citizens should not be punished because of the actions of criminals. Law abiding citizens deserve to die and get injured due to abundance of supply of a weapon? Cars are transport, not weapons, and DUI offenders usually ...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:53 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: CDC plans to extend mask mandate
Replies: 82
Views: 4783

Re: CDC plans to extend mask mandate

A federal judge has struck down the Biden's extension of the mask mandate that was originally set to expire today: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10729125/Florida-judge-voids-US-mask-mandate-planes-travel.html I wonder if the DOJ will let it slide, or if they will let it go into effect. M...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:41 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Like clockwork. Racists and blah blah blah. Great input. Very educated. Also when you see "... xxxx ..." that's a quote. From original post "...In math, lessons are more theoretical. Seattle's recently released proposal includes questions like, "Where does Power and Oppression s...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:41 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina
Replies: 65
Views: 2471

Re: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina

I'm genuinely curious, let's say this gun was illegal, what peice of legislation do you propose that would have stopped gun violence such as this? I would agree with you that more restrictions on guns would help if a majority of gun crimes were committed with legal guns, but thats not the case. The...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:18 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

So I'm linking articles explaining what is happening and what can potentially be the reason a response like that was issued and you bring up politicians fighting for influence stating their opinions about other politicians/party? Yeah, that's so SOOOOO relevant lmao. You quoted from none of your ar...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:16 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina
Replies: 65
Views: 2471

Re: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina

Of course more guns means more shootings, just like more cars means more car accidents and more computers means more cyber crime. It seems as if this particular case was likely gang-related so it doesn't support certain talking points. Whether a personal issue, a gang issue, or a mental issue. Peop...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:14 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

Everything lol. It illustrates the direction where math education is heading in this country. Now is preparation later is curriculum. And if 54 books submitted for evaluation were banned then I guess the curriculum phase is already here? Pretty straightforward and simple. What your algebra post has...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:14 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina
Replies: 65
Views: 2471

Re: Shooting at a Mall in South Carolina

More Guns equals more crime and injuries , and it appears all of this was about a personal dispute that got out of hand,. https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/national/suspect-in-south-carolina-mall-shooting-acted-in-self-defense-lawyer-says How many were injured from the one gun vs the other two?...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:14 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

***EDIT Show me a math textbook that should have anything BUT math in it. Not to mention you are bringing issues about algebra in schools cause why not add to a republican bash while you;re at it right? My response at least sticks to math. What about your response refers to math in textbooks? Your ...

Jump to post
by casinterest
Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:40 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"
Replies: 217
Views: 9547

Re: Florida bans 54 math textbooks because of "indoctrination"

I rather like this whole take on the issue. From the democratic side of the table in Florida. https://twitter.com/AnnaForFlorida/status/1515092181941370889 I wouldn’t be surprised if Florida Republican leaders are preparing to ban Algebra from high schools. They object to the subliminal use of [bra...

Jump to post