Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PPGMD
Topic Author

Another Scandel At Boeing

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:10 am

I wonder how this effects the KC-767, probably negatively under GWB, positively if it were under Clinton. I keed, I keed.

NEW YORK — Boeing Co. (BA) on Monday said its board forced out president and chief executive officer Harry Stonecipher (search) after the married 68-year-old had an affair with a female executive at the company, saying his leadership abilities had been damaged.

The unexpected ouster makes Stonecipher, who spent just 15 months in the top job, the second consecutive CEO to depart the Chicago-based airplane maker and defense contractor in disgrace.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,149597,00.html

[Edited 2005-03-07 19:11:26]
At worst, you screw up and die.

AvObserver

RE: Another Scandel At Boeing

Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:40 pm

"Harry ... was really the staunchest supporter of the code of conduct," Platt said. "He drew a very bright line for all employees."

Funny then, that he'd make himself an exception to his supposed high standards of conduct. After all, he's married, so this constitutes adultery. I had high hopes for Stonecipher's tenure after the disappointing Phil Condit era but he's dashed my hopes over something incredibly stupid. I don't really care if the love went out of his marriage, this sort of nonsense is unacceptable. It's another bad PR blackeye for Boeing, something it doesn't need. Why do people in such lofty corporate positions fall victim to such petty temptations? I'm not only disgusted but as a Boeing shareholder, I feel somewhat betrayed by the foolishness of a CEO I'd until now considered wise and of high moral character. Jeez!  mad 

kc135topboom

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:54 pm

But, the bottom line here is...DOD does not care about this incident. The Pentagon will see this a a house cleaning problem at Boeing, one that they have already taken care of.

In short, it is a Boeing problem, not a Pentagon problem. It will have no effect on the out come of the KC-767 issue.

saintsman

Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:01 pm

I understand that Stonecipher is 68. If he can still get it up at that age then he would get my vote  Wink

Besides if every CEO in American business was sacked for having a bit on the side most of the companies would be in big trouble.

The affair was probably just the excuse. Morals never came into it.

JMV

Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:10 am

This topic was covered quite extensively in the Civil Aviation forum.
Stonecipher Resigns From Boeing (by PANAM_DC10 Mar 7 2005 in Civil Aviation)
Google begins where my brain ends! ©

PPGMD
Topic Author

Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:04 am

JMV,

Some of us don't go near Civil Av, because it's filled with more crap than Non-Av.

I mostly posted it here as a joke (see the part where I joke about it's effect of on the KC-767).

[Edited 2005-03-18 18:05:03]
At worst, you screw up and die.