eksath
Crew

RE: Offical STS-115 Atlantis Thread

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:25 pm

Quoting TPAnx (Reply 100):
No go-no go decision yet.
TPAnx

current time T-1:20:06

Am expecting that at the T-9:00 minute hold. When the final polling happens at that time, if the sensor reading is off spec.....this penguin is going no where... Smile
World Wide Aerospace Photography

eksath
Crew

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:49 pm

ok...hatch is closed....

http://www.iloveplanets.com/STS115/M9P0209aname.jpg

lnglive1011yyz

Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:39 pm

Still waiting on go-no-go from MMT (Mission Management Team).
Re: failed sensor in the ET
According to launch commit criteria, it SHOULD be a no-go.

We should know shortly.

1011yyz
Pack your bags, we're going on a sympathy trip!

glidepath73

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:00 am

Countdown has stopped! Reason: Fuel sensor! What a shame. They will detank and try again tomorrow as I've understood.
Aviation! That rocks...

lnglive1011yyz

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:03 am

At this point, I think they should just stand-down, roll 'er back into the VAB, make the necessary repairs on the fuel cell, and now the ET, and try again in October.

There's TOO many things going on here, and I'm glad to see that launch-fever seems to have been over-ruled by calmer heads.

I bet you that management meeting was a scream-fest.

See you all tomorrow.

1011yyz

rodge

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:05 am

The next launch attempt would be Saturday, Sept. 9, at 11:15 a.m. EDT.

According to the site
Smile

photolppt

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:05 am

Afirm, thats another 24 hr delay. What a shame.

Suresh: please accept my congratulations on your amazing shots. Must be a challeng and a thrill to have the chance to photograph the Shuttle.

Rgds,
Alexandre

Thorny

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:41 am

Quoting Lnglive1011yyz (Reply 105):
There's TOO many things going on here, and I'm glad to see that launch-fever seems to have been over-ruled by calmer heads.

The opposite of 'go fever' is the accusation that they are too timid to launch if things are exactly perfect...

They REALLY need to find out who built those ECO Sensors and make sure they have NOTHING to do with Ares 1 and Ares 5. Talk about a turkey of a design...

RichardPrice

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:43 am

Quoting Thorny (Reply 108):

They REALLY need to find out who built those ECO Sensors and make sure they have NOTHING to do with Ares 1 and Ares 5. Talk about a turkey of a design...

How many mission scrubs have those sensors resulted in exactly?

Theres blaming something, and theres taking something too far...

Thorny

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:24 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 109):

The last three (STS-114, STS-121, and STS-115) and with the last four External Tanks that NASA tried to fly. (They replaced the Tank for 114.)

Quality Control must have gone to hell at that company in the last two or three years.

RichardPrice

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:28 am

Quoting Thorny (Reply 110):
The last three (STS-114, STS-121, and STS-115) and with the last four External Tanks that NASA tried to fly. (They replaced the Tank for 114.)

Quality Control must have gone to hell at that company in the last two or three years.

May it have anything to do with the fact that those three missions are seperated by fairly significant time periods overall?

Who knows when the sensors were delivered to the integration party.

Thorny

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:38 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 111):
May it have anything to do with the fact that those three missions are seperated by fairly significant time periods overall?

Possibly, but it shouldn't. NASA has launched much older Tanks before, particularly in the years immediately after the Challenger disaster.

It looks like the company just made a bad batch of sensors.

lnglive1011yyz

Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:40 am

Quoting Thorny (Reply 108):

Agreed. One of the key selling features of the Ares programme to the American people is going to be the ease-of-launch compared to the Shuttle..

Considering that the preliminary 'appearances' of the Ares vehicles makes it look like common components from the shuttle stack (modified booster, ET etc) I hope that they would highly consider redesigning some of the more crappy designs.

Thank goodness the booster has always been reliable..

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 109):

Quite a few recently, and I wouldn't be surprised if you look back in the past, there were prior missions that were scrubbed because of it..

Watching the news conference, it's quite apparent that they do NOT like these sensors, or perhaps more properly, they don't like their quality..

A press guy in asking a question, had said he overheard them using "colourful terminology' when talking about the sensors off-camera, and he wondered if they had concerns with the quality.. and Leroy Cain (MMT manager) replied back that they do indeed have colourful names for them.

Seems a shame that the mission is likely to be scuttled until October simply because of a wonky sensor..

But again.. it's better to be safe, than sorry.

1011yyz

eksath
Crew

Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:40 am

Quoting Thorny (Reply 112):
It looks like the company just made a bad batch of sensors.

These sensors were hand picked and according to Hale the best of the bunch.

TheSonntag

Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:42 am

Are there reliable figures how many times the Soyuz has been delayed because of technical issues?

Don't get me wrong, the doctrine of Safety First is of utmost importance. But all these Nasa delays are really annoying me, it seems that Soyuz has much less delays at the same safety rate. I cannot proof that by real figures, of course, only by the following citation from a german astronaut who knows both sytems:

Russian space rockets are like the VW beetle. Loud, too much fuel consumption and old, but everytime you turn the key, they work exactly as they are supposed to do. The Space Shuttle, on the other hand, is like an italian sports car. When everything is working, it is just perfect. But as soon there is the smallest problem, everything is getting blocked.

RichardPrice

Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:06 am

Quoting TheSonntag (Reply 115):

Russian space rockets are like the VW beetle. Loud, too much fuel consumption and old, but everytime you turn the key, they work exactly as they are supposed to do.

Lockheed Martins Atlas III is powered by the Russian RD-180 heavy lift engines, manufacturered by P&W in the US.

The RD-180 is a smaller version of the RD-170 currently used on Russian Zenit boosters.

The RD series are extremely efficient and capable engines, P&W have rights to build two varients of the family for the US booster market.

People may look down on the Russians, but they inherited from their Soviet days the old adage "Build it right, then build a million of them". They essentially mass produce everything, which is why the current generation Soyuz is simply an evolution of those flown 40 years ago (first flight in 1967).

Get it right, stick with it.

Disposable spacecraft designs have their uses, getting out the bugs is one of them.

Thorny

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:14 am

Are there reliable figures how many times the Soyuz has been delayed because of technical issues?

No, because until recently the Soviets/Russians didn't announce launches ahead of time. They only announced launches when they were successfully in orbit. U.S. delays and failures are on TV and in the papers for all to see.

I cannot proof that by real figures, of course, only by the following citation from a german astronaut who knows both sytems:

And it is almost certainly true, the Russians long ago sacrificed performance for reliability while the U.S. put more emphasis on performance than reliability. Soyuz is much more reliable than Shuttle... understandable for a system with 1/5 the payload capacity. Soyuz is probably a closer match with Delta or Atlas, and it still is ahead, but not by nearly as much (another reason many want Orion to be launched on Delta or Atlas instead of Shuttle heritage hardware.)

Russian space rockets are like the VW beetle. Loud, too much fuel consumption and old, but everytime you turn the key, they work exactly as they are supposed to do.

Tell that to Eumetsat. They've been waiting since July 18 for their satellite to be launched by a balky Soyuz-Fregate. (Latest word is now Oct 7.)

Or tell that to the ICESAT team, whose satellite was scattered all over Siberia after yet another Rockot failure.

Or tell that to those guys who keep trying to launch their Solar Sail from a creaky old Russian submarine.

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 116):
Lockheed Martins Atlas III is powered by the Russian RD-180 heavy lift engines, manufacturered by P&W in the US.

No, LockMart and P&W never built the plant for license production of RD-180 because it was uneconomical for the low flight rate of Atlas V. That was a promise LockMart only had to keep if it won the EELV competition in its entirety. They didn't.

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 116):
Disposable spacecraft designs have their uses, getting out the bugs is one of them.

But being disposable presents other problems. Solar panel didn't deploy? Why? They'll never know because it burned up in the atmosphere at end of mission. All they can do is guess. When a Shuttle fuel cell glitches out in orbit, they can pop the hood and take a look after landing to see what went kaput. It also becomes much harder to identify design flaws from a production error if every one you launch is brand new.

There needs to be a happy medium between Soyuz and Shuttle. NASA learned the wrong lesson from Shuttle. "Reusable" does not equal "Bad". They just went too big and too complex for the first reusable spacecraft. A more modest reusable spacecraft like Dyna-Soar or HL-20 would still be a good idea today.

TheSonntag

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:01 am

Quoting Thorny (Reply 117):

Thanks for your insightful comments. I think the ISS is a good example of how Russian and US space technology, despite all problems, work together in a way which combines the strenghts of both. I know that the ISS was originally a completely different concept, also intended to be in a different orbit, but in the way it is now, I think it is a fair compromise.

The Shuttle is needed to build the station, but without the Russians, which were able to supply the station in a reliable way, the station would very likely not have survived a 2 years downtime after the Columbia accident. So both major players did a great job in getting the station to work together, despite all problems.

I just hope the station will be completed in 2010 as planned, without accidents and any other delay. And hopefully, this will not be the last project the big space nations are doing together.

TPAnx
Topic Author

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:50 am

Quoting Lnglive1011yyz (Reply 105):
At this point, I think they should just stand-down, roll 'er back into the VAB, make the necessary repairs on the fuel cell, and now the ET, and try again in October.
There's TOO many things going on here,

As much as I'd love to see a launch...I agree 100 per cent.
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

Thorny

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:54 pm

Quoting TPAnx (Reply 119):
As much as I'd love to see a launch...I agree 100 per cent.

The problem is, nothing comes free. Rollback and destacking present their own risks.

Something else could be damaged while crews try to replace the Fuel Cell... a Fuel Cell that is working acceptably for flight, mind you. The only danger it presents is to the mission... Atlantis would have to come home early with the mission incomplete if the Fuel Cell loses another phase. But replacing that Fuel Cell could cause something else to be damaged, something that might be more life threatening.

There's no guarantee that the replacment ECO Sensor in the Tank will work any more reliably (remember STS-114 last year) either. All you'd get for your trouble is another tanking/detanking cycle on the External Tank, with all of the thermal stress that would place on the foam insulation. And then NASA would still decide that the three-for-flight (which was the requirement pre-Challenger anyway) is good enough to launch, only to see foam shedding cause more damage to Atlantis.

Meanwhile, we've lost seven weeks of calendar with 2010 looming ever larger in the windshield. Will that cause engineers and managers to start overlooking minor problems in order to meet schedule?

These are worst-case scenarios, to be sure, but they illustrate what NASA has to factor in when they make these go/no go decisions.

TedTAce

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:49 pm

My message to NASA for tomorrow:

Shut the f*ck up and launch!!
This space intentionally left blank

TheSonntag

Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:56 pm

Why is Nasa so fixed on 2010, is it because of labour contracts? Since the infrastructure exists, why would it be impossible to extend the use until 2011 if necessary?

RichardPrice

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:55 pm

Quoting TheSonntag (Reply 122):
Why is Nasa so fixed on 2010, is it because of labour contracts? Since the infrastructure exists, why would it be impossible to extend the use until 2011 if necessary?

Because of major overhauls on the Shuttle fleet. Endeavour is currently undergoing its, Atlantis and Discovery have just had theirs, so the phased retirement is centred around the next overhauls required.

NASA wont fly Endeavour without a backup shuttle ready.

TheSonntag

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:13 pm

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 123):
NASA wont fly Endeavour without a backup shuttle ready.

I see. Are these overhauls based on time, not on "cycles"?

I just hope they will manage to finish the station, but so far I am rather sure they will. Despite of all delays, if they launch today, they still have managed to launch 2 shuttles within a rather short timeframe.

Is this Nasa's last chance today?

TedTAce

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:25 pm

Quoting TheSonntag (Reply 124):
Is this Nasa's last chance today?

Until Late September/Early october IF the launch @ daylight 'suggestion' is ignored.

FYI, I'm leaving to watch the launch from the beach @ Breakers in New Symrna Look of the fat almost bald guy with a Kodak Camera.

[Edited 2006-09-09 15:27:52]

Thorny

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:38 pm

Quoting TheSonntag (Reply 122):
Why is Nasa so fixed on 2010, is it because of labour contracts?

2010 is the recommendation of the Columbia Accident Investigation Board...

"R9.2-1 Prior to operating the Shuttle beyond 2010, develop and conduct a vehicle recertification at the material, component, subsystem, and system levels. Recertification requirements should be included in the Service Life Extension Program."

A vehicle recertification such as this would require complete disassembly of the three Shuttles and would be enormously expensive, so President Bush decided not to fly the Shuttle beyond 2010 and instead moe on to the next generation.

usnseallt82

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:59 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 121):
My message to NASA for tomorrow:

Shut the f*ck up and launch!!

checkmark  yes 

I'm going to try to see it from here in Jax.
Crye me a river

DfwRevolution

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:14 pm

At approx T-18 minutes and everything proceeding smoothly!

*Fingers crossed*
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

TheSonntag

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:50 pm

Still looking good, right now we are at the T-9 minutes hold... Lets hope it will go this time!

usnseallt82

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:06 am

Looks like this bastard will finally launch....hope all goes well from here.
Crye me a river

RichardPrice

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:10 am

T-6, arm retracted.

Yay! Go Atlantis!

RichardPrice

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:18 am

Shes up, looking good so far. SRBs just seperated.

Congratulations NASA and the Atlantis team!

TPAnx
Topic Author

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:21 am

Launch plume clearly visible thru the haze near PIE. Go Atlantis!!!
TPAnx

NoUFO

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:29 am

Nice start. Good luck Atlantis!
I support the right to arm bears

CVG777

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:30 am

Beautiful!

I came to Embry-Riddle in Fall 2003, and this is the first lift-off that I have seen from the ERAU campus. The other two were in the summer when I wasn't here. That was an amazing sight.  bigthumbsup 

Godspeed Atlantis!

BEG2IAH

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:32 am

Godspeed Atlantis!

BEG2IAH
Flying at the cruising altitude is (mostly) boring. I wish all flights were nothing but endless take offs and landings every 10 minutes or so.

TheSonntag

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:34 am

Good luck Atlantis. Finally the building of the ISS will be resumed!

eksath
Crew

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:26 am

The view from my location.

Enjoy guys..more will be added to the thread in the photography forum.
I used a 600mm with a 2x converter for this. I just did a screen grab for this upload here. hence the sensor dust and low res.  Smile

lift off
http://www.iloveplanets.com/STS115/Snapshot%202006-09-08%2011-46-56.jpg
Roll sequence starts

Booster seperation

NoUFO

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:45 am

Especially the first pic is great!
Maybe you want to brighten it a little and correct levels in Photoshop or similar and offer it to NASA. Not that they are going to pay for it, but having contributed to NASA's archive is a nice thing to know, isn't it?
I support the right to arm bears

eksath
Crew

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:09 am

Quoting NoUFO (Reply 139):
Especially the first pic is great!
Maybe you want to brighten it a little and correct levels in Photoshop or similar and offer it to NASA. Not that they are going to pay for it, but having contributed to NASA's archive is a nice thing to know, isn't it?

thanks....but NASA has ALL angles covered. They even had aircrafts filming take off and the climbout. If you go NASA.GOV and get the STS mission pages you will find excellent pics.

I am right now sitting outside the NASA archives office at KSC and I am quite familiar with the staff in there. They have excellent resources and do a very good job off saving this info for the future. By US law,NASA has to educate the public hence this info is available free to the general public...  Smile

Glad you liked the pics. I will process them properly and submit to database soon.

Thorny

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:19 am

Here are some bits and pieces of information...

- Fuel Cell No.1, which malfunctioned Wednesday, performed normally in both Friday's countdown and today's countdown and flight.

- The Flash Evaporator System, a cooling system used on the Shuttle while the cargo bay doors (which hold the Shuttle's radiators) are closed, malfunctioned at launch. Mission Control recycled a heater and the FES began working normally, leading engineers to believe there was ice in the system, probably from recent rains and high humidity at Launch Pad 39B.

- There has been no foam debris yet spotted in the "danger period" before SRB seperation, but engineers are still looking at playbacks. There was minor foam shedding at T+4:07, while Atlantis was essentially in vacuum and the debris could pose no danger.

- The 2-week delay in STS-115 will have no impact on the December launch date for Discovery's STS-116.

- STS-116 is likely to not need require a daylight launch, as it will be the last flight of the current Ice-Frost Ramp equipped External Tank. STS-117 will need daylight launch and ET sep to get good photography of the redesigned Ice-Frost Ramps.

- NASA is planning to modify the Launch Commit Criteria so that only three of four problem-plagued Engine Cutoff (ECO) Sensors must be working, instead of the current four-of-four. This should be approved before the launch of STS-116.

- The post-launch press conference featured the quip that the ECO sensors are derisively nicknamed "Launch Prevention Devices" and they are already warning the Ares 1 and Ares 5 development teams about them.

TedTAce

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:27 am

Well, I ended up on 20th Ave @ New Symrna.

Here are the pics: http://www.airspaceonline.com/STS115

What amazed me about this location versus my http://www.airspaceonline.com/STS121

Was that while I was a lot closer for 121, the sound was MUCH better for this one though I was 'further' away. For initial launch this does prove to be amazing, but working into the latter part of the event it's understandable considering the northern trajectory. It seemed like we were about 2 minutes into the launch when we heard the sound start, and the noise EASILY lasted until about 8 minutes in. I wish I had brought my DSR for this as I had thought there was going to be NO sound; I left it at home.

Great Launch!!

Thorny

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:52 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 142):

Here are the pics: http://www.airspaceonline.com/STS115

Nice photos, Ted!

Super close-up photos are really great, but sometimes "crowd shots" just have more personaility. I love the two in the middle there that have the seagull in the foreground...

It seemed like we were about 2 minutes into the launch when we heard the sound start, and the noise EASILY lasted until about 8 minutes in. I wish I had brought my DSR for this as I had thought there was going to be NO sound; I left it at home.

It really just depends on atmospheric conditions. It looked like the prevailing winds were out to sea, so that probably cut back the rumble quite a bit from the KSC area (where Atlantis was headed directly away) compared to New Smyrna, which was at a more oblique angle to the flight path.

KPDX

Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:51 am

Wow! Amazing launch, watched it live this morning.  Wink

Heres a video to show how loud the shuttle is, its absoultely amazing! Btw, sound doesnt come in till about 15 seconds after liftoff.  Smile This video is of the July 4th, 2006 launch of Discovery.

Sounds like popcorn! Big grin

KPDX  Smile

BEG2IAH

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:44 am

Quoting KPDX (Reply 144):
Heres a video to show how loud the shuttle is, its absoultely amazing!

Wow, this is really loud. Great, thanks for this video. Is there any way we can download it?

BEG2IAH
Flying at the cruising altitude is (mostly) boring. I wish all flights were nothing but endless take offs and landings every 10 minutes or so.

Mir

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:33 am

Here are my shots from Titusville, sorry about the crappy quality:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/miyridian/WashingtonandLeeVisitAug2006070.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/miyridian/WashingtonandLeeVisitAug2006076.jpg

The sound didn't reach there too much - I was pretty surprised about that. It was my first live viewing of a launch, though, so I didn't really know what to expect.

Nice photos! I might have to try new Smyrna next time.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

TPAnx
Topic Author

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:19 pm

Atmospherics have a lot to do with it. My (stupid) question..would not the heavy cargo load require more power..resulting in more noise? By the way, for those who have never been..the sound is unbelievable..it shakes you in a way
a fireworks finale never will..you hear..and feel it..and everything rocks...
 Smile

TPAnx

mke717spotter

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:33 pm

Great launch this morning! Although I wish the three main angines would have made some more noise on start up.  Silly Also, I have a question. I was watching this short documentary on the Space shuttle program and the ISS on youtube. It stated that when the ISS is finished being built, you will be able to see it with your naked eye from Earth. Is this true? If so thats pretty cool.
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

BlazingCessna

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:03 pm

Quoting Eksath (Reply 16):
The Hubble mission has not been scheduled:

There is a distinct possibility that Hubble will not get that STS-125 Mission. The "Eye in the Sky" is now 21 years old, but some parts are as old as 29. It has been in orbit for 16 years, and this is well beyond any satellites useful lifespan. If there is another servicing in 08, it will definitely be the last. I only hope when the time comes, the telescope is returned for display in NASM or in the NASA system. Be a shame to let it burn up...

Quoting Mke717spotter (Reply 18):
So does anyone think we'll ever see some kind of new space shuttle type thing from NASA or is it just gonna be regular rocket from now on?

The sad fact is NASA will be returning to ELV's for human space flight. The CEV or Orion is little more than a glorified Apollo command module that can carry an extra person. The CaLV or Ares V it the cargo ship and unmanned. Ares I is a two-stage ELV using a singe 5 segment SRB and a second stage using a J-2X engine, Ares V is a three-stage ELV using two-5 segment SRB's as the first stage and 5 RS-68 main engines on the main core as a second. The third or Earth Departure Stage is not used until Orion has docked with the lading package. Then it performs the TLI burn and we get back to the moon.
The lander is called (big stretch here) Artemis, the virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon and also, oddly enough, the twin sister of Apollo! How original... The only bonus is that all four get to go outside and play. Hadley Rill and Taurus-Littrow here we come...again.

This project is called Constellation. Oh great, another Star Trek tie-in. (CPT Picard's first command was the USS Stargazer a Constellation class starship!)

Here is a link to NASA's website on the project.

Imagine if you will a vehicle capable or lifting 50,000lbs to orbit, using off the shelf technology, specifically GE-90-115B's and RS-68's, while carrying a crew of 8 and 25 PAX. Damn I should studied more...

Be nice, but not gonna happen.

Quoting Thorny (Reply 19):
Yes, the U.S. Congress amended the Iran Nuclear Nonproliferation Act last year to allow NASA to purchase flights on Soyuz through 2012.

What does Iran have to do with NASA and RKA???

Quoting RichPhitzwell (Reply 34):
Is it possible to launch two Orbiters at the same time or back to back by an hour or so?

Yuppers.

Quoting Thorny (Reply 38):
I would have said certainly, 10 years ago, today... budget cuts and deferred maintenance have really hurt KSC

Bingo!

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 42):
Vandenburg was the location for polar launches, but only Enterprise was ever setup on a stack there and that was only for testing (obviously as Enterprise was not flight capable).

SLC-6 at Vandenburg was completed in 1985. The Enterprise was stacked there for a month or so, testing the infrastructure. It was during this time that a flaw was found in the concrete used in construction. he sub-contractor apparently used the wrong mixture, and this led to the abandonment of shuttle launches from there. The concrete was so rigid that the vibrations from the shuttles main engines would have shaken the stack to pieces. The SRB's could have destroyed the pad! The whole affair was coined "Curse of Slick Six."

Apologies for some comedic elements.
Flown on:722, 731, 732, 742, 752, 763, DC8, DC9, DC10, A300, A319, A320, A330, PIC on C172, PA28R, D55, A36, DC3