TasosANG

Re: Official: Dutch government buys a 737BBJ as Fokker 70 replacement

Thu May 03, 2018 3:09 pm

vfw614 wrote:
I guess the grey sort of symbolizes that it is a military plane as well, not just an expensive toy for the royal family and top government brass.

No idea if it is military plane. She has civilian registration as I can see on the drawing, and never hear that the Air Force will use her for other missions. Other than that I guess that if she has something to do with the air force most likely she has to carry the roundel of the KLU and write on the fuselage “ Koninklijke Luchtmacht”
:P

Dutchy

Thu May 03, 2018 6:57 pm

TasosANG wrote:
Iemand91 wrote:
The Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment has made a concept livery for the new 737BBJ:

So boring and dull compared to the previous one:

Pity, i was expecting better. Here in Holland i have seen better examples of design. Not totally bad at least. I like this vertical area with the coat of arm, but why all this gray behind? Is a civilian plane after all and the royal jet for the “ huis van Oranje”. A little orange more will be very welcomed

Well, you have to understand that the King is more or less tolerated in the Netherlands. Expensive toys on the taxpayer's money don't go well with the general public. Even though we have a Royal family which cost over 350m a year, it must not look like it, otherwise, Willemlex will be the last king and we will take our rightful place with republics. So even though the Willemlex and his family will use it the most, and we got a BBJ, instead of an Embraer because of the range so he can visit his in-laws in Argentina, it must not look like it, so less orange and even the registration got a makeover: PH-KBX (Queen Beatrix) to PH-GOV (Government). Ah well, all about appearances I guess.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

TasosANG

Thu May 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:
TasosANG wrote:
Iemand91 wrote:
The Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment has made a concept livery for the new 737BBJ:

So boring and dull compared to the previous one:

Pity, i was expecting better. Here in Holland i have seen better examples of design. Not totally bad at least. I like this vertical area with the coat of arm, but why all this gray behind? Is a civilian plane after all and the royal jet for the “ huis van Oranje”. A little orange more will be very welcomed

Well, you have to understand that the King is more or less tolerated in the Netherlands. Expensive toys on the taxpayer's money don't go well with the general public. Even though we have a Royal family which cost over 350m a year, it must not look like it, otherwise, Willemlex will be the last king and we will take our rightful place with republics. So even though the Willemlex and his family will use it the most, and we got a BBJ, instead of an Embraer because of the range so he can visit his in-laws in Argentina, it must not look like it, so less orange and even the registration got a makeover: PH-KBX (Queen Beatrix) to PH-GOV (Government). Ah well, all about appearances I guess.

Well yes, I didn’t think at all that way, even I live for 12 years in Holland, still I have to learn a lot about the Dutch culture and way of thinking. :yes:
I guess you have right. Is better to keep low profile. Good that you point out the registration, I didn’t noticed.
:P

Dutchy

Thu May 03, 2018 7:41 pm

TasosANG wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
TasosANG wrote:

Well yes, I didn’t think at all that way, even I live for 12 years in Holland, still I have to learn a lot about the Dutch culture and way of thinking. :yes:
I guess you have right. Is better to keep low profile. Good that you point out the registration, I didn’t noticed.

Don't make me your reference of Dutch culture, that would be a mistake :lol: . Although the father of Wimlex - Claus - said once: The Netherlands is a republic with the only difference is that the function of President is inherited. The Netherland did a strange thing, it went from a republic to a Kingdom only 200 years ago in 1815. One of the last counties to do so. But as you might have guessed, I would be perfectly fine if they were to go and Wimlex went flying for the KLM fulltime.

With regards of the registration, that did this on purpose and was well covered in the media at the time.

JackMeahoff

Fri May 04, 2018 2:43 am

Iemand91 wrote:

That would be amazing. And a dozen or so 747-8i on the side for KLM. :lol:

I am still holding out hope. Would be a perfect fit.

Iemand91

Tue May 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Paintjob on.

Also just landed at Woensdrecht: https://www.flightradar24.com/PHGOV/1162b9de
Some aviation photo's on my Flickr-page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iemand91/

Iemand91

Sun May 20, 2018 8:11 pm

And the old Fokker flies again in Australia, with the same exterior and interior. Pretty much the only thing that has changed is one letter in the registration; from PH-KBX to VH-KBX. ;)

Dutch royal jet finds new home in Brisbane

Some air passengers out of Brisbane can expect the right royal treatment after a Queensland-based charter company acquired the Dutch royal family's former VIP jet.
(...)
The aircraft was used to fly the Dutch royal family and government officials across the Netherlands and Europe for more than two decades.
In 2017, the royal family upgraded to a larger aircraft, giving Brisbane-based charter airline company Alliance Airlines the opportunity to snag the unique vessel for the Australian market.
From the spacious interior, to a queen-sized bathroom, the fit-out and orange royal livery has remained unchanged since it was purchased mid-last year.
On Friday, the aircraft made its inaugural flight from Brisbane to Maroochydore to flex its wings, with sparkling wine on arrival.
(...)
Targeted towards VIP guests, large corporations, sporting teams and wealthy families, a return flight from the Sunshine Coast to Cairns was expected to set customers back about $70,000.

Some aviation photo's on my Flickr-page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iemand91/

bunumuring

Tue May 22, 2018 1:07 am

Hey guys,
Wow! Does anyone know if it has Alliance titles on the fuselage at all?
Where is it based? Brisbane, I assume?
Thanks,
Bunumuring.
I just wanna live while I'm alive!

petertenthije

Tue May 22, 2018 8:32 am

The livery has not been changed. Only the coat of arms was removed, and the registration adjusted.
Attamottamotta!

keesje

Mon May 28, 2018 8:50 am

Looking forward to the KLu G4 getting the same livery. :veryhappy:

Can someone create an artist impression?
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

Dutchy

Mon May 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Won't happen, unless it becomes a civilian craft. It is on the military registry now.

keesje

Mon May 28, 2018 1:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Won't happen, unless it becomes a civilian craft. It is on the military registry now.

If their commander says so & organizes resources, not a problem.

Registry doesn't really determine livery.

They all have the same boss paying the bills.

During the next overhaul they could standardize.

"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

petertenthije

Mon May 28, 2018 5:32 pm

keesje wrote:
During the next overhaul they could standardize.

The display livery was taken of J-015 last year due to budget cuts. I don’t even think the F-16 demo team is still available, the Apache demo team have taken over.
Attamottamotta!