giblets

Re: Merkel's A343 diverts to CGN

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:51 am

Looks like she was lucky, as slightly later IB flight blew a tyre on landing, the extra event would have been all she needed!
https://twitter.com/AvionesenEzeiza/sta ... 71648?s=20

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

FW200

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:23 pm

lancelot07 wrote:
btw, what is Trump doing with his Trump Force 1? He might have a buyer at the table now ? :)

Those negotiations seem to have failed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLfukuEutIU 8-)

WIederling

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:51 am

FW200 wrote:
lancelot07 wrote:
btw, what is Trump doing with his Trump Force 1? He might have a buyer at the table now ? :)

Those negotiations seem to have failed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLfukuEutIU 8-)

"Small kid in pram" comes to mind.
I do wonder who coached Trump into presenting such fake and unsophisticated body language.
Murphy is an optimist

FW200

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:30 am

Given the fact that Merkel and her administration had taken an outspoken Anti-Trump position during the 2016 campaign and even after Trump had been elected President of the USA, I can understand quite well that Trump was quite unhappy in this situation (it was the first time he met Merkel) and did refuse handshake.

WIederling

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:38 pm

FW200 wrote:
Given the fact that Merkel and her administration had taken an outspoken Anti-Trump position during the 2016 campaign and even after Trump had been elected President of the USA, I can understand quite well that Trump was quite unhappy in this situation (it was the first time he met Merkel) and did refuse handshake.

At some point in time you have to understand that you are a retard .. and accept that your peers are less than impressed. .-)
Murphy is an optimist

bikerthai

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:24 pm

FW200 wrote:
I can understand quite well that Trump was quite unhappy in this situation (it was the first time he met Merkel) and did refuse handshake.

You should already have known that Trump is unhappy with any strong women, no matter what the arena.

WIederling wrote:
At some point in time you have to understand that you are a retard .. and accept that your peers are less than impressed. .-)

I am waiting for the time when his peers just ignore him and wait for the next election cycle in the US.

bt
Intelligent seeks knowledge. Enlightened seeks wisdom.

WIederling

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:54 pm

bikerthai wrote:
I am waiting for the time when his peers just ignore him and wait for the next election cycle in the US.

There is the counter force that derision / exasperation over a US political figure abroad works like a massive power up.
Murphy is an optimist

smithbs

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:21 pm

WIederling wrote:
FW200 wrote:

Keep it civil please.

Devilfish

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Those in charge of Frau Merkel's transport should 'drop' by at VCV to check this out before the new president changes his mind..... :airplane: .....

Though I don't know which would be more problematic.....the old A340 or a refurbished "terrible teen"..... :flamed:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield

columba

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:12 pm

According to Berlin Newspaper "Der Tagespiegel" it is not clear whether it was a technical error or not. Security authorities are skeptical since not only all communication systems broke down but also the ability to dumb fuel. They also got hint from a befriended country

Link in German: https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/zwi ... 16156.html
It will forever be a McDonnell Douglas MD 80 , Boeing MD 80 sounds so wrong

WIederling

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Devilfish wrote:
Though I don't know which would be more problematic.....the old A340 or a refurbished "terrible teen"..... :flamed:

The A340 has a rather unremarkable history with airlines.
you can't say the same for the 787 ( terrible teen or not.)

Investigations here seem to have returned to not exclude sabotage as underlying cause for this incident.
https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/zwischenfall-vor-g20-gipfel-defekter-merkel-airbus-nur-technisches-versagen/23716156.html
Murphy is an optimist

ei146

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:16 pm

@columba: Sorry, but I think your translation lacks a bit. The article says:

... können die Sicherheitsbehörden noch nicht endgültig sagen, dass es sich ausschließlich um technisches Versagen gehandelt hat.

Which I think is more like
... the security authorities can not finally conclude yet, that it was a solely technical fault.
e.g. they can not prove (yet), that the distribution box failed on its own and nobody tampered with the plane's systems, but investigate in all directions.

Also they stated:
Unter Experten hatte unmittelbar nach Bekanntwerden des Vorfalls Skepsis hervorgerufen, dass sowohl die Funkanlage als auch zeitgleich die Vorrichtung zum Ablassen von Kerosin ausgefallen seien.
Immediatly after the incident became known there was (not "is") scepticism generated amongst experts (unnamed "experts", not "security authorities"), because both the radio communication system (not "all communication systems") and the fuel dump system failed at the same time.

In hindsight this failure mode is logical if both are driven by the same failing power distribution system.

Then comes a lot of conjecture and hearsay but no source or prove.

columba wrote:
According to Berlin Newspaper "Der Tagespiegel" it is not clear whether it was a technical error or not. Security authorities are skeptical since not only all communication systems broke down but also the ability to dumb fuel. They also got hint from a befriended country.

I think a correct translation is important, especially with such a weasel-worded article. Sorry, but your translation gives it a tone, that was not there.

What I still would like to understand and maybe the experts can help: Is there really a power distribution system in the A340 that can take out multiple subsystems at the same time? Wouldn't this create a single point of failure?