caoimhin
Topic Author

Possible New AF1 Colours - Model in Oval Office

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Ivwas watching a video of Trump meeting with Turkish President Erdogan in the Oval Office and noticed a 747-8i in a colours I had never seen before (with my very limited knowledge of American government aircraft).

Any chance this is a new “Air Force One” livery proposal? It looks like you can faintly see “United States of America’s” titles on the side, and small round emblem beneath the cheat line.

https://imgur.com/gallery/1YGswMb

TangoandCash

Re: Possible New AF1 Colours - Model in Oval Office

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Seems like a strange thing to be left on the coffee table for a meeting.

Colors are reminiscent of Trump's 757, except inverted with the white on top and black on bottom. It's not bad per se, but lacks the distinctiveness of the current AF1 scheme.

aumaverick

Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:27 pm

caoimhin wrote:
Ivwas watching a video of Trump meeting with Turkish President Erdogan in the Oval Office and noticed a 747-8i in a colours I had never seen before (with my very limited knowledge of American government aircraft).

Any chance this is a new “Air Force One” livery proposal? It looks like you can faintly see “United States of America’s” titles on the side, and small round emblem beneath the cheat line.

https://imgur.com/gallery/1YGswMb

This was already covered in an earlier post https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1424663&hilit=new+AF1+livery, but yes, this is the proposed livery change to AF1.

I'm just here so I won't get fined. - Marshawn Lynch

A101

Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:00 pm

I much prefer the old design

kc135topboom

Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:06 am

The "Jackie Kennedy" livery is getting old. It has been around for nearly 60 years. Its long over due a change. No body keeps a livery for 60 years. I like the new livery, it is bold and refreshing.

Does anyone know if the new VC-25Bs will have to lower forward cargo doors on both sides of the airplane, with air stairs added to both cargo doors like the VC-25As have?

texl1649

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:07 pm

I just wish they could have figured out a way to make it a 748F, and allow the beasts to just roll out with POTUS onboard as a self-deploying motorcade.

ssteve

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:37 pm

kc135topboom wrote:
I like the new livery, it is bold and refreshing.

It's a lot like both Usair and BA liveries circa 1995. Kinda a mashup. Hearkens back to the halcyon days of the Trump Shuttle, even.

Tugger

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Yeah, I am not sure how it is bold in any way. It is fairly staid in my opinion. Refreshing? Sure depending on your view of any change that is implemented. This seems very retrograde, a step back to me. Fairly "ho hum".

Honestly if there is any change lets make it actually "bold and refreshing". The Jackie livery certainly was when it was introduced.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

zanl188

Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Trump livery reminds me of a scheme a leasing company might use. Neutral enough that anyone’s branding can be applied with a few stickers.
Legal considerations provided by: Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe