Page 4 of 4

Re: European Multirole MPA Replacement, C-500 Beagle Concept >2030

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:23 pm
by art
keesje wrote:
The P-1 is a dedicated MPA and seems to have the superior specs, that come with a purposely developed aircraft. Putting your faith with Japan is something apparently avoided so far by all nations.


What's the problem with buying a Japanese aircraft?

Re: European Multirole MPA Replacement, C-500 Beagle Concept >2030

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:51 pm
by keesje
art wrote:
keesje wrote:
The P-1 is a dedicated MPA and seems to have the superior specs, that come with a purposely developed aircraft. Putting your faith with Japan is something apparently avoided so far by all nations.


What's the problem with buying a Japanese aircraft?


Support, training, language, manuals, parts, broad product support come. Costs for Japanese militairy aircraft apparently are also very high.
We should ask all the nations that avoided the P1, E.g. the US Navy.

Image

Re: European Multirole MPA Replacement, C-500 Beagle Concept >2030

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:52 pm
by 744SPX
New THAT is a legit MPA aircraft.

Re: European Multirole MPA Replacement, C-500 Beagle Concept >2030

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:55 pm
by bikerthai
There is one detail that eliminated the P-1 from the Navy contract.

The forward bomb bay prevent it from fielding the AAS radar.

Not sure about how much extra floor space available on the P-1, but when the P-8A was selected there was extra floor space available for future growth much of which was taken up by the AAS system.

bt

Re: European Multirole MPA Replacement, C-500 Beagle Concept >2030

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:39 pm
by keesje
bikerthai wrote:
There is one detail that eliminated the P-1 from the Navy contract.

The forward bomb bay prevent it from fielding the AAS radar.

Not sure about how much extra floor space available on the P-1, but when the P-8A was selected there was extra floor space available for future growth much of which was taken up by the AAS system.

bt


It seems the P1 has a superior (4 antenna) 360 AESA radar. Engineered in from the start. But its a Toshiba, not a Collins..

Re: European Multirole MPA Replacement, C-500 Beagle Concept >2030

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:13 pm
by bikerthai
keesje wrote:
It seems the P1 has a superior (4 antenna) 360 AESA radar. Engineered in from the start. But its a Toshiba, not a Collins..


Could be true. Boeing had to use two radar, as on the P-8I (India version), to get 360 coverage.

However the AAS is a different beast . . . more in line with the JSTAR ground search radar.

bt

Re: European Multirole MPA Replacement, C-500 Beagle Concept >2030

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:57 pm
by angad84
keesje wrote:
It seems the P1 has a superior (4 antenna) 360 AESA radar.

I keep reading this, but I've seen the P-1 up close, and photographed it extensively, and I cannot for the life of me spot the 4th array. I expect it has wider coverage than the P-8A courtesy the cheek arrays, but I doubt it's a full 360.