Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DL757NYC
Topic Author

747 Fans Documentary on AF1 s

Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:07 pm

Maybe someone of you have seen this. There is a great documentary on National Geographic about the new AF1. They show them being pulled from storage. Nat Geo was granted unbelievable access for this documentary.

In the beginning they were saying how difficult it is to maintain the analog gauges. I understand AF1 was ordered before the 747-400 came out. Why didn’t they install a -400 series cockpit at some point.

Stitch

Re: 747 Fans Documentary on AF1 s

Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:15 pm

It's available to watch on NatGeo's website and also on cable On Demand. It is about the modifications for what will become the VC-25B along with footage of the current VC-25A as reference material.

The full title is "The New Air Force One: Flying Fortress"

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:28 pm

DL757NYC wrote:
Maybe someone of you have seen this. There is a great documentary on National Geographic about the new AF1. They show them being pulled from storage. Nat Geo was granted unbelievable access for this documentary.

In the beginning they were saying how difficult it is to maintain the analog gauges. I understand AF1 was ordered before the 747-400 came out. Why didn’t they install a -400 series cockpit at some point.

I believe the avionics has been upgraded to modern standards, but much of the rest of the plane is analogue and can’t be upgraded much.

DL757NYC
Topic Author

Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Stitch wrote:
It's available to watch on NatGeo's website and also on cable On Demand. It is about the modifications for what will become the VC-25B along with footage of the current VC-25A as reference material.

The full title is "The New Air Force One: Flying Fortress"

Thank you for giving better information than I did. My son was distracting me. Much appreciated

Sooner787

Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Great documentary. I know there are questions about which livery the new jets will wear,
but since both frames are painted solid white right now, they can complete the entire
flight test program and re-paint into their final liveries just before delivery.

Stitch

Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:07 pm

The livery suggested by the Trump Administration looked better when it was done in high-resolution CGI, but I tend to believe the existing livery on the VC-25A will be used on the VC-25B.

The interior renderings looked interesting.

Sooner787

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:25 pm

Stitch wrote:
The livery suggested by the Trump Administration looked better when it was done in high-resolution CGI, but I tend to believe the existing livery on the VC-25A will be used on the VC-25B.

The interior renderings looked interesting.

When I first saw the rendering for the new livery I didn't like it,
but I have since purchased a Gemini 200 VC-25B model with the new colors
and I must say the livery looks great on a 3D model. .

But either livery will look stunning on the 748I's