N863DA

RE: On Being Gay, Being Proud ... Adam And Steve?

Thu Jul 06, 2000 5:20 am

On a slightly more humorous note, U-bends (as in things in bathrooms) are no longer officially called that. They are called P-Traps - because overall they are a P shape on their side.

Just thought you might like to know that! (Sorry, just trying to lighten the atmosphere.)

N 8 6 3 D A

Thu Jul 06, 2000 9:25 am

LGW

It seems you have some real issues that you need to deal with here my boy.

So, how long have you known you were gay and why haven't you come out of the closet yet. It is better for your mental state of mind if you did, instead of denying who you are.

If this is totally incorrect, why do you persist in talking rubbish all the time. For someone so young, you are very homophobic. I think I will from now on call you George Costanza  

Archie Bunker

Thu Jul 06, 2000 9:26 am

this site should be renamed GAYLINERS.Net

Skyteam

John Rocker

Thu Jul 06, 2000 12:39 pm

Okay people, I am not gay, But their is nothing wrong wit gay people. God created everybody equally!!!

So dont be like John Rocker!!!

*HighFlyah*
Topic Author

LGW's Comment

Thu Jul 06, 2000 5:01 pm

Forum Boyz and Gurls....

Normally I'd advocate a nice and gentle attitude towards those who are not accepting of gays and lesbians, with the exception of people who simply state and proclaim that gays are unacceptable or abnormal.

I'd like to hear some good explanation and points from LGW who thinks that being gay is unnatural and wrong. I'd also invite him to engage in frank and useful dialogue with us here. He (or she) should realize that we all are civilized people here, we're not a gay CULT, nor are we here on AIRLINERS.NET to take over the board, and inject "dirty" thoughts into the minds of people here. We are just here because we like aviation and frank chat. Honestly, if people here were irresponsible and uncivilized, I'd be one of the first to leave and not turn back. But I'm here to stay.

Let's not bash LGW and perhaps see what he/she has to say in detail first. LGW, here's your chance. I sincerely invite you to take advantage of it and prove your point.

Warmest regards,
*HighFlyah*
IM: HighFlyah
Email: [email protected]

TriStar

Fri Jul 07, 2000 6:58 am

I have been following the evolution of this particular thread with great interest. It's one of the best things to have happened to the Non-Aviation Forum so far, I'd say.

I didn't exactly have much to add to the conversation though, which is why I more or less refrained from "interfering". However, with the return of certain homophobic statements that balance on the boundaries of reality, I thought I'd express my personal respect for each and every single breathing being.
Judging people on their race is ridiculous, I'm sure all of you will agree. So where does that put judging people on their sexual orientation? It's a choice just as much as choosing one's descent or colour of skin.

I guess some people will always be scared of something that's slightly different from the world they're coming from - narrow as it may be.

So guys, respect to all of you and I sincerely hope you can find a dignified way to deal with the most judgemental of people out there.

Best regards,

TriStar.

Ilyushin96M

At Long Last!

Fri Jul 07, 2000 7:06 am

Hey, all! Man, am I glad to see this post. Just wanted to say it's awesome, you all are awesome. I'm glad to find a group of gay guys on here who are as plane-crazy (or plain crazy...heheheh) as I am!

Just a quick note, then I have to dash. One of the most fulfilling and kewl experiences I ever had when I was first OUT was when I was in Russia. The guy I was dating and I had taken a trip together to his hometown of Samara, to visit his family. No, we didn't tell them we were an item...However, on all our flights, my boyfriend was scared during take-off, so I held his hand. This was aboard TU154s and an IL86 of Aeroflot, in what was still a very Soviet-minded Russia. Never mind the looks we may have gotten, or the harsh words (there were none, thankfully)...it was a very affirming experience for both of us.

Anyway...glad to share with you all, and hope to see you all around!

Cheers!

IL96M

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Peter Vercruijsse

AviationLawyer

Fri Jul 07, 2000 8:41 am

Add my name to the list.

This is so cool. I am out everywhere else (except with Grandma, I won't hurt an old lady) It is so cool to be out here also. I though that the forum was somewhat "straight"--I guess I should have known, we ARE everywhere!

A.L

What's It Like At A Gay Nightclub?

Fri Jul 07, 2000 9:58 pm

My wife went to school with a gay guy who moonlights as a bouncer at a club that has a "gay and lesbian night" on Sunday nights.

He has invited us to go and that we wouldn't have to pay a cover charge and that some straight people go just to dance and have a good time.

I'm very curious about going and quite honestly my wife and I have no problem going but I was just wondering what it's like. Our friend says not to worry but I wanted to hear from my gay friends on airliners.net as to what it is really like. Thanks!

dk

RE: AirLingus A330

Fri Jul 07, 2000 11:26 pm

It will be just like any other club most likely except a lot of the guys will be dancing with guys and girls with girls; a lot of good music and fun too! I think you will have a great time if you go!
BTW which club is it?( I've been to many gay clubs in Boston many times over the years and am just curious!)
Have fun!!
Dk.

RE: Dk

Fri Jul 07, 2000 11:33 pm

It's Avalon, near Fenway Park on Lansdowne Street. It's not a gay club every day of the week, just Sunday but I understand they get a HUGE turnout.

Thanks for the response! I'm sure we'll be going soon, I'll let you guys know how it went.

Regards,

Jim "aka Aer Lingus A330"

P.S. I DID figure that one big difference between a gay club and a regular night club is that most guys will be dancing with other guys and most women will be dancing with other women!  

dk

RE: AirLingus

Sat Jul 08, 2000 12:00 am

Ah yes, I have been there before. The last time was many years ago, it was great! Its a huge place and a lot of fun!
Yeah I figured you'd have had that guy/guy, girl/girl thing worked out! 
Again, have fun!
Dale.

Louis

RE: What's It Like At A Gay Nightclub?

Sat Jul 08, 2000 12:51 am

Sounds like clubs in Edmonton...lol!

TWFirst

RE: Jim (Aer Lingus A330)

Sat Jul 08, 2000 3:59 am

I wouldn't worry about getting your ass grabbed or getting hit on or anything like that - just like in straight bars (especially a situation like this where it's only "gay night"), the behavioral customs and expectations are the same and people are there to drink, dance and socialize (only in a few "hard core" clubs would the expectations be different, but that's another matter). Expect to see a lot of well-dressed men (I wouldn't count on seeing too many lesbians), some effeminate, some not.

You can usually count on hearing and witnessing some hilarious conversation and carrying-on at most gay bars (if you pay attention to your surroundings). It should be an interesting experience for you - a study in human behavior and social dynamics of "the other side." Have fun!
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

dvk

Sat Jul 08, 2000 12:26 pm

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that the gay men will be much better dancers than the men you see in a straight bar?
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.

*HighFlyah*
Topic Author

Boston Gay Clubs

Sat Jul 08, 2000 12:32 pm

Hey Everyone,

I study in Boston, and I am a frequent clubber at both gay and straight clubs. Every Sunday, as mentioned above, Avalon, the biggest club in Boston, located on "Club Street" Landsdowne Street next to Fenway Park, is gay night and unfortunately for many, 21+. Hence it tends to attract a slightly more mature, mainly male audience as most college students are not of age.

On Thursday, it is International Night at Avalon, with a mix of Latin, European and techno mixes. It draws a largely international crowd and high fashion (and black) is the theme of the evening. It is 19+ on Thursday nights and many local college students go.

On Friday, it is Avaland at Avalon, with visiting DJs. The crowd is much the same, a bit less international (more white) sometimes and the age limit I think varies between 19+ and 21+ depending on the type of music played.

Saturday is 21+ and seems many top international DJs like Paul Oakenfold and DJ Manolo. I've never been to Saturday Avalon nor Sunday Gay Night.

However, my frequent gay clubbing experiences has to be at Axis (next door to Avalon) on Monday nights (18+ I think), which attracts MANY young freshmen and college students from nearby colleges, namely Boston University (the BU campus is on the doorsteps of Landsdowne Street), Harvard, UMass Boston, MIT and Tufts (my school!). There are 20+ universities in the Boston metro area and you can be SURE to see lots of local gay college students checking out the club scene. Although Monday night is a "school night" many of us take a few hours off our "busy studying routine" to have some fun and alot of guys gather at IHOP near Landsdowne for some after-club grub at 2am (oh yeah Boston clubs close at 2am, sucks huh!).

Hmm, what else. Thursday is Campus at ManRay in Central Square, in between MIT (Kendall Square) and Harvard (Harvard Square). Campus on Thursday features 19+ crowds, more variety (more Asians like myself actually) in guys and gals and two dance floors, one more retro, the other more house, hip-hop and techno along with latest Top 40s.

In any case, college students make club life FUN in Boston   Now that I'm 21, I can go to Avalon on Sundays. Now I have to find friends that are old enough (most of my gay friends are 19 or 20).

Anyway, gay clubbing is fun, some of my straight friends like it (mostly girls).

Enjoy!
*HighFlyah*
Boston, MA

Sat Jul 08, 2000 12:35 pm

Why haven't we mentioned that?

Because it is a well known fact that gay guys dance, talk, dress, etc better than straight guys.  

Cheers

Scotty
Rainbow Aviation

*HighFlyah*
Topic Author

DK And Brissie_lions Re: Gays & Dancing/Appearance

Sat Jul 08, 2000 12:49 pm

DK/Brissie_lions,

In fact, it's not just pure hype that gays in general dress better, are better dancers and artists, are better off financially, and even have better taste than their straight male brothers. I read an in-depth sociological study on gay men and gay domestic violence in America and on why this very real problem has never been addressed even within the gay communities of San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City and Miami. The number one contributing reason, and there was actually some strong positive correlation and causation, was that gay men themselves refuse to believe that gays would engage in typically "macho" and "violent" behavior such as that of domestic violence and battery, and that since statistics show that gay men are better educated than the rest of the population, and gay men themselves believe they have better taste, are more artistic, etc... that these things won't happen.

I won't go into a debate over whether gay men are BETTER than straight men, for that is totally counter-productive, but I will share some experiences of opinions from my straight male and female friends, as well as lesbian friends. Straight women are ALWAYS complaining about how all the good looking and eligible men out there are either taken, or gay. The second element is significant. I once took my friend Yvonne to a gay club in Boston (Axis) and was like, "damn all these guys are gay?" And I said, "Yeah, of course, this is gay Monday at Axis." She replied, "Yeah but there are SOOOOOO many hot guys here."

I said, "You aren't surprised, are you?"

She said, "Damn that's not fair."

Time after time, my straight friends complain that the best looking celebrities in Hong Kong (where I'm from) are all gay, and it's true too. It can be inferred that a higher percentage of artists, celebrities, musicians and dancers are gay compared to the general population. That simply has to be due to a higher intrinsic artistic quality present in gay men.

Thoughts, anyone?

Regards,
*HighFlyah*

RE: DK And Brissie_lions Re: Gays & Dancing/Appearance

Sat Jul 08, 2000 6:50 pm

Agree with you totally *highflyah*! I think the reason we're so succesful is that we're not as mucho as our male counterparts are. I mean, for instance, at schools, these straight guys are forever saying they have got so many strong friends, that were once part of the mafia, and will beat up all the black guys in the school and stuff (there is still apartheid in South Africa, just not in the law anymore). And all they want to do is make a statement to their other big buddies that they have strong friends. And I'm like....get real!

About the club things......it's so unfair that all the gay clubs are for over 18's! The straight ones (that allow under 18's in) are so homophobic, and if someone sees you dancing with another guy, they'll immediately beat you up cause they're so bloody drunk!!! So, you have to dance with your female friends, and it gets boring after a while!!!

And I don't blame your friend at all for thinking gay guys are hot....they are!  

AirT85

Sun Jul 09, 2000 6:39 am

Hi! this may be a stupid question lol, but i was wondering what the gay community thinks about the TV show Will & Grace. I know i love the show, im not gay but i think its hillarious. Karen is my fave hehe. She's really funny. But anyways, does this show offend you all? Or do you think it is opening up new doors for you in general? I mean it is like the first TV show to be centered around two gay men and an ex girlfriend hehe. Anyways, i was just curious.
-Tony
Why would God make us all so different, if He wanted us to be the same?

Sun Jul 09, 2000 2:05 pm

Hello all! I just read all the postings for the first time and would like to add my name to the "heterosexually challenged" list! My name is Fernando and I'm a flight attendant for American,Miami based.I,ve been with my partner for over 8 years and we have a Flower shop/Party rental buisness wich he runs full time.I usually fly Buenos Aires all the time, with a month of Rio or Sao Paolo here and there and comercial aviation has been an obsession since I can remember. My e-mail is [email protected] and I'm usually home on the weekends,fly midweek. Great topic! Let's keep it going  FernAAndo

RE: Will & Grace

Sun Jul 09, 2000 4:53 pm

Hey Tony/AirT85! Not that i can speak for the entire gay community (whatever that is exactly) but I LOVE Will & Grace!!! Aside from being so comfortable with gay ideals/lifestyles etc, it is a very well written and VERY funny show. I think it does wonders for acceptance and understanding for us. Everyone I know (gay & straight) love the show. I'm with you on Karen...she is the best! "Whats this darling, whats going on here...hmm??, hmm??"
"Lets turn those honey don'ts into some Honey dews!!"
etc etc etc Love her style!!!

I think she is the Patsy (Ab Fab) of the new millenium!!

Cheers!

Graham  

RE: Will & Grace

Sun Jul 09, 2000 6:26 pm

I also love will & grace, but I mean it's not my fave. I prefer (love) Frasier, Dharma & Greg, Just Shoot me, and I loved Seinfeld before it went off the air! I also liked Ab Fab, but they also chucked it off, twits!!! Anyone here like Ally Mcbeal? I think Ally sucks, but I love Elaine and Ling. John and Richard also really crack me up!!!!  

Tommy

Granite

Your Idols

Sun Jul 09, 2000 11:40 pm

Hi all

First of all I am not gay.

Being one of the forum administrators I thank you all for not allowing this post to become nasty etc.

As many of you have came 'out' why don't you come 'out' more by telling us all who you, in your opinion, think is a 'fab' guy i.e. show business etc.

regards
Gary Watt
Administrator

RE: Your Idols

Mon Jul 10, 2000 12:25 am

OK, well, I like Richard Branson, he's my role model! I think he's "fab" in a business sense, but in every other sense, no!!!!

But, if you talking 'bout looks, well, there's quite a long list:

David Duchovny
David James Elliot
Every single James Bond there has been
The guy who play Greg on Dharma & Greg
Pete Sampras (without a head)
Dean Cain
And a number of models that I've met

Woman also, u know, I think they're also sexy:

Pam Anderson
Julia Roberts
Madonna
Demi Moore

And many more.....there are too much      

Tommy

RE: Your Idols

Mon Jul 10, 2000 8:40 am

Well here goes

My business idol (as is 747SP_rulez) is Richard Branson....eccentric but not enough to be real weird.

But my number one idol would have to be Patsy from Ab Fab. Alcoholic, nicotine-addict, drug addict.....what a role model  

In terms of a guy being *fab* I would love to hook up with one of the following:

Matthew McConnaughey
Tom Cruise (isn't it time he outed himself as well...hey maybe we can get him to do it on airliners.net)
Alex Dimitriadis (is that right? I hate trying to spell Greek names)
Mark Philippousis
Ummm....this can turn into a roll call of famous Greeks (well.....Greek boys....you know the reputation)  

Also as 747sp_rulez has said....I too find women very sexy, amongst:

Shania Twain (I have often said if one women could turn me, she would be it)
Kylie Minogue
Joanna Lumley (well she may be 50-odd, but she has still got it).

Anyway sweety darling, that is all I can come up with so damn early in the morning.

I need to cook breakfast. Should I have smoked salmon and nibbly things, or should I finish off the beluga? OK...I'll finish off the beluga  

And might I add, if any of you call me a *bitch troll from hell* I will have to bitchslap ya.

Anyway, I need a wazz.  

Seeya
Scotty

RE: Patsy

Mon Jul 10, 2000 7:18 pm

"Patsy!!....Patsy!!!........My god! She's inhaled the kitchen!!!........" heheheehehehehehe

Love that Patsy!!

My boy list would be.....

Jude Law (hubba-hubba)
Simon Rex (grrrrrrrr)
Dean Cain (yum)

oh....and i have this growing weakness for Perth boys (whatever  )

Cheers Big Ears!

Graham  

Gay Celebrity Question

Mon Jul 10, 2000 9:34 pm

Hey I had a question and maybe my UK friends would know the answer to this.

One of my favorite comedians of all time was Benny Hill, (yes he did have a following in the US!). I had heard he was a bachelor all his life before he died eight years ago of an apparent heart attack yet I had heard rumors that he was gay. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I didn't know that Sir John Gielgud was gay either until he died a couple of weeks ago, he was a great actor!

Thanks!

tomindc

Tue Jul 11, 2000 2:40 am

Hello all! I hadn't ever visited the non-aviation site until I saw the comments about Adam and Steve and the reference to this site. Thanks!

Add me to your list too! I'm 51 live in DC and do most of my spotting at DCA and will be celebrating 20 years with my partner next month. I'll certainly see many you at the egroups site.

Tom

LH423

Tue Jul 11, 2000 9:57 am

OK! MY FAVOURITE GUYS!

Brian Dunseth (a soccer player on the US Soccer Team, and for the NE Revolution)

Hayden Christensen (the new Anakin Skywalker, all Americans buy the newext Entertainment Weekly 'IT' List issue, you'll see what I mean)

Eloy de Jong (member of the defunct Dutch boy-band "Caught in the Act", unfortunately he is in a deep relationship with "Boyzone" member Stephen Gately, who I might add is also very good looking)

Stephen Dorff (especially when he played a South African in the movie "The Power of One")

And the list goes on, and is never ending.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Skyteam

Attention Everyone

Tue Jul 11, 2000 11:13 am

Hello to all, I'm not gay, but I'm curious to see how many of you are gay. I am not John Rocker!!!

Whatever....arrgghh

Tue Jul 11, 2000 12:22 pm

Graham

You really have to stop.

I stupidly gave you 500 whatevers to use, and you have used about 30 so far, but please, please, please, not here   And do not answer me back my boy, you will be punished!  

But back to Patsy....

Oh he was just a windscreen washer I picked up at the traffic lights....buns so tight he was bouncing off the walls...............two words....IF ONLY

Anyway, later peoples

Scotty

Skyteam

Tue Jul 11, 2000 12:44 pm

Howdy mate.

Just one question for you.....who the hell is John Rocker?

Cheers

Scotty

Skyteam

RE: Skyteam

Tue Jul 11, 2000 1:04 pm

John Rocker is the pitcher for the Atlanta Braves that made negative comments against Gays, Foreigners, and Minorities. I am a fan of John Rocker, But I think his comments were totally WRONG!!!!!

Brissie

Tue Jul 11, 2000 9:25 pm

Brissie, being from "Down Under" I can see why you have never heard of John Rocker but I would be shocked if you lived in either the US or Canada and claimed you never heard of him.

John Rocker is a "good ole boy" from the state of Georgia (not the country mind you) who is a baseball pitcher for the Atlanta Braves. I'll also say he is a very good pitcher as well but that is not why he has been in the limelight over the last 1/2 year or so.

Last Fall he made some pretty disparaging comments about New Yorkers, gays, AIDS victims, immigrants, Asian car drivers, blacks.....you pretty much get the picture.

Well, since the United States is getting so "politically correct", the Commissioner of baseball to all the talk show hosts nationwide said that he should either get thrown out of basball or get some "sensistivity counseling".

While I don't agree at all with what Rocker said, the fact remains that in the United States you are entitled to say whatever you feel like saying (unless it is inteded to provoke violent activities against the government) and I think that this whole thing was an example of political correctness at it's worse. As a matter of fact, many came out to support Rocker saying that he was unfairly penailzed for speaking his mind and when he returned to pitch in Atlanta after he served a suspension from play, the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

critter

Tue Jul 11, 2000 10:25 pm

John Rocker spoke his mind!!!! For that I applaud him. How can it be right for everyone else to speak what is on their minds, but when someone speaks out against a minority it is wrong? John Rocker was simply pointing out what is called reverse discrimination, but it was blown out of proportion to imply that he hates all minorities just as I'm sure you all will do to me with my comments.

BTW PLEASE tell me where in the Bible God, or even Jesus Christ spoke of Tollerance. I certainly don't think that God was tollerant of the sins of the people of Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19), Nadab and Abihu (Leviticus 10), Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5) etc.

Leviticus 18:22,29-30

"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." "Anyone who does any of these detestable things-such persons must be cut off from their people. Keep my requirements and do not follow any detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the LORD your GOD."

I will be praying for you!

critter

v jet

Wed Jul 12, 2000 12:13 am

Critter, how many times do I have to tell you,
DONT PRAY FOR ME. I do not want nor need your prayers.
Thank you.

critter

V Jet

Wed Jul 12, 2000 12:50 am

You can tell me all you want but I will NOT stop praying for the salvation and repentance of mankind.

Romans 1:20-27

"For since the creation of the world god's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understoodfrom what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen."

"Because of this, god gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with the lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and recieved in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

In light of the truths that can be gleaned from God's word I must pray and tell others of his saving grace.

Romans 11:9-12
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never lack in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

God Bless

critter

Wed Jul 12, 2000 1:13 am

When (at what age) did you first find out you were gay?

Jack

Ilyushin96M

When Did I First Realise?

Wed Jul 12, 2000 1:37 am

Jack, I realised I was gay at a young age. We all develop physical attractions very early on. I used to watch this cartoon called Speed Racer, when I was about 5 or 6, and MAN did I think he was hot...I wanted to BE Speed Racer!  

Anyway...I started noticing real-life guys when I was 10, and it just went on from there. I never had any physical experiences with guys, not until I was 22, but I knew for sure that I was attracted to them at age 10.

Archie Bunker

RE: When Did I First Realise?

Wed Jul 12, 2000 2:14 am

Ilyushin96M
what do you think of Pops or Spritle?

RE: When Did I First Realise?

Wed Jul 12, 2000 3:01 am

I had been gay since I was kid....I was never really a macho man. I never punched little Johnie, whilst everyone else did, and my best friend was a female. I then started admiring other guys, and wishing I was them. And then when I was 14, I went through hell. I convinced myself I was straight, but I still liked guys....I was NEVER attracted to females! And eventually I said to myself....get real Tom, you're gay, like it or not. And gradually after that, I grew proud of it.

Critter, you cannot base how the world works on the bible. You cannot base the laws of a country on what the bible thinks, because not everyone believes in God, some people think the bible is trash, and others don't abide by the bible. You have to base the laws of the world on the equal rights of all human beings. So, just because the bible says we're wrong, doesn't mean we're wrong.

And if you try and chuck us out of religion, you've got a thing or two coming for you. Cause that's just nasty is you refuse to let us believe that the Lord does not love us. The bible, yep, it tries to do that. And I'm not an expert on the bible (I have never read anything in it), but I think the bible also condemns a few more groups. I don't believe the bible is the word of the lord. If it is, the lord is one hell of a confused person, cause whilst it says people must hate us for our 'sins', it also says people must love one another.

Peace brother
Tommy  

PS....pray for me, I need it.  

critter

Wed Jul 12, 2000 3:32 am

Not once does the Bible tell anyone to hate anyone. It says to hate the sin. Your right! You are loved by God. And because you are loved he has provided a way for you to be forgivin. But that comes with a price. You have to first be truly repentent of your sins. Don't get me wrong the Bible has a whole lot of information on all kinds of subjects, but this topic is on homosexuallity and not adultry, murder, stealing etc. Do not be confused, I am in no way claiming to be perfect. I too have my sins, but the joy of it is that the price has already been paid through Jesus Christ dying on the cross and (get this) rising to life on the third day. WOW what a thought. I serve a risen savior and he's in my heart today......gee sounds like a song doesnt it? It is. Yes My sins have been forgivin because I have repented of them and asked for salvation. Along with salvation does'nt mean to be without sin, but to be changed to not have the desire to sin. I still sin in various ways but once again through a repentent heart these sins are forgotten. Can you actually believe that someone would actually compleatly erase the past, never to be seen again. Only Jesus Christ can do that. It is not my position to judge, only to inform others of Gods Holy word. Any conviction from there is the work of the Holy Spirit. That is a different subject that I will be glad to go into further detail if requested.

God Bless

critter

Critter

Wed Jul 12, 2000 3:39 am

This post is not about wether being gay is right ir wrong. It is about support in being gay. If you wnat to start a new post about how the bible says being gay is wrong, do it. But don't post here about how it is wrong.

Jack

Wed Jul 12, 2000 4:05 am

OK critter, I see what ure saying. But in my books, homosexuality aint a sin!!! How can it be a sin? No one is hurt by it. If anyone is hurting anyone, we're hurting ourselves. And trust me, we are not hurting ourselves. If we do, we don't feel the pain. You might say God is hurt, but he's strong enough in my opinion to take the pain. No one is affected or hurt in any way whatsoever. Maybe some people are upset at who you are, but that's their problem. Sure you get gay guys raping straight guys but that's rape, not homosexuality.

But I don't think we'll ever agree on anything, because you think I have commited a sin, but I know I haven't. I feel that God is in my heart, and he got no problemo with my homosexuality...thoughts?

Tommy  

PS...I think you better take this to a new thread thing, cause this thread, as JWM airtrans put it, is not a bible thingi....

TWFirst

Wed Jul 12, 2000 5:30 am

Critter: I know you believe with your whole heart and soul that you have a duty to proselytize here, but what does it take to get it through your hopelessly brainwashed head that it is a complete waste of your time??? You are not going to get time off in purgatory for preaching here. You are no better than the guy who posted in the aviation forum that an AA 727 went down in the Everglades - you're just trying to be provocative. Do you really honestly think you're going to prevent someone who reads your words here from "becoming gay" or that your words are going to cause a gay man to suddenly say, "My Lord, what was I thinking? I have sinned against you. I'm going to go lust after boobs right now!"??? I mean, it's just absolutely amazing to me that you're sitting at your computer saying to yourself...

"Lord, my fingers type for You. I will spread thy word on airliners.net because it is Your desire for me, Your humble servant with nothing better to do, and in doing so, I shall change the minds of those using airliners.net, who are engaging in that abomination known as homosexuality, and although I know You created everything in the universe, including Satan, who then created sin, so indirectly You created sin, but that's irrelevant, I know You detest these members of Your creation, because even though You supposedly love all Your creation, I'm sure You just don't love them, and want them damned to hell, because they engage in evil perveted loving relationships with members of the same sex, thereby causing harm to us all and eventually leading to the downfall of all creation. In fact, I feel perverted and dirty just talking about them. I think I will go take a bath in holy water. And another thing Lord, could I please have that red ten-speed bike? It's really pretty and I could ride it to church and to grandma's house and..."

Seriously, are you really that flipped out? Buddy, do yourself a HUGE favor and accept this fact as you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior: the gays who are reading this are NOT going to be changed or influenced by your posts, only disgusted by them. God made us what we are. Your interpretation of the bible is irrelevant. You are entitled to your own opinion, however, I believe I can confidently speak for all gay men and women when I say that we do not care about nor have any desire to read your opinion. Now go to church and leave us alone.

On a lighter note...

JWM AIRTRANS: I've always been attracted to men. Even at a very young age. My partner, on the other hand, didn't realize he was actually gay until his 30's, although in retrospect, he realizes he was also attracted to men throughout his youth (he's older though, and I think his experience can be attributed to differences in sexual awareness between his and my generations).

Will and Grace: I don't watch it. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either. I think it's great though, that so many gay characters and story lines have become part of mainstream media.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

RE: Brissie

Wed Jul 12, 2000 8:24 am

Thanks for the info on John Rocker.

I do have a comment to make though.

I fully believe in freedom of speech, blah blah blah, BUT, where did this guy make these comments? TV? Radio? Newspapers? The reason I ask this is that he is a baseball player. The only thing I would really care about hearing from him is his opinions on baseball and how the Atlanta Braves are going. Without knowing the facts, I would guess that this guy was entrapped by the interviewer, with the interviewer knowing full well what the answers would be. Am I even close?

The same goes for anyone in a high profile position. I really do not care what their thoughts on women's rights, gay rights, AIDS, the state of the economy, foreign relations, whatever, UNLESS they are fully qualified to give that opinion.

Anyways, better go get ready for work. Boring, boring, boring.

Ciao peoples.

Scotty

Matt D

Excuses Excuses

Wed Jul 12, 2000 8:34 am

2 screws don't fit. You need a nut.
An electric cord prong will not fit into another electric cord prong. You need a wall socket.
An RCA cable will not fit into another RCA cable. You need a socket.
A hot dog will not fit another hot dog. You need a bun.
Adam and Steve won't produce Jason.
Sarah and Jessica won't produce Jennifer.

I don't know how I can be any more blunt than this:
If being gay was a natural thing, then WHY DOES THE GAY PENIS STILL EJACULATE SEMEN? Were it not for reproductive purposes, then there would be no need for that now will there?

Next I suppose that some of you tinkerbells are going to tell me that some gay guys DON'T ejaculate.

Is my point clear yet???????????

MEA-707

Wed Jul 12, 2000 9:51 am

Great thread, because all my spotter friends are heterosexual, I gave up hope that I'd meet other gay airplane freaks. I can't wait till my registration request of the egroups thing is accepted.
I have a funny story about coming out. You might know I have a website devoted to airliner production lists; http://people.a2000.nl/sverb . Although the site is purely about airplanes, some (male) friends of mine have added remarks to the guest-book and giving me electronic "hugs and kisses."
Then I got a "warning" of a regular visitor of both Airliners.net and my website (I will not disclose his name   ) that my site "may" give a clue that I'm gay, and that I should adjust that if I wanted to avoid that impression. I had a laugh about that but of course didn't change the messages in the guestbook !
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

dvk

Wed Jul 12, 2000 10:31 am

Critter,

I'm very intolerant of your inability to spell "tolerance". The Bible also says "Judge not...", "Cast not the first stone...", etc. Pray for things that really need prayer, like for people who are suffering, or to end violence, not for us. We're not the cause of the things that are terrible and tragic about humanity. Also, don't quote Testament to us. There are lots of things in the Old Testament that the most extreme right wingers acknowledge have no place in today's society, and most of them try their best to soft peddle that old curmudgeon Paul's New Testament misogynistic, racist, and anti-sex writings, while adhering to a literal interpretation of his attacks on homosexuality. Paul was anti-sex, period. If everyone had followed his "inspired" beliefs, the human race would have ended with his generation.
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.