Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Skyteam
Topic Author

Worst U.S. City

Fri Jul 14, 2000 3:19 am

Okay, What city does everyone think is the Worst in the United States? Personally I think its Detroit, or Cleveland.

RE: Worst U.S. City

Fri Jul 14, 2000 3:54 am

newark, new jersey

Lindy

Fri Jul 14, 2000 4:08 am

Like I said in other post Cleveland is the worst city in USA. Nothing to do there after 5pm! Only some gay bars are open. I prefer strip joints over those bars.
Sorry but I'm straight.

I dont like Baltimore too. Dont know why but just dont like it there.

Richmond VA is boring as hell too.

BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Fri Jul 14, 2000 4:11 am

Anywhere In New Jersey Especially Newark

Fri Jul 14, 2000 4:14 am

Gary, IN...at least it used to be.

Lindy

Fri Jul 14, 2000 4:18 am

Texairport and I 4Got My Name

Did you guys ever experienced nightlife in Newark??? I dont think so. They have pretty cool nightclubs over there, Scorpio 2 minutes away from EWR airport. Crickiet 20 minutes from EWR airport. Damn, there you can pickup nice girl and go to the motel for just $30-40 a night. I'm not talking about hookers but regular girls from nightclub.
Rest of NJ is boring, but in Newark is cool, especialy at ngiht.
You know, I'm driving there 3hrs from DC to go to nightclub, here in DC nightclubs SUCK!!!!! Music is out of time, DJ's suck!! I prefer nightclub in Phili or Newark instead DC

Regards,
Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Fri Jul 14, 2000 4:53 am

I'm afraid to go to Newark at night or in the day for fear of being shot. Also, the thought of picking "classy"  Jersey women is not a pleasant thought, especially the ones you can pick up and take to a hotel, and I'm straight by the way.

[email protected]

Fri Jul 14, 2000 8:41 am

Nice post, but what do we mean by "worse?" Crime? Economy? People? Ugliness of the city?

I'll assume you mean all of the above. In no order, let's see:

Newark
Milwaukee
Baltimore
Detroit
St. Louis (I was surprised at the poverty and abandoned neighborhoods there!)

Each of these cities are old and ultra borrrring. Not to mention very unattractive, if not bland. The weather isn't the best and few people would consider these places "tourist meccas" (save for attractions such as St. Louis' Arch and Baltimore's Inner Harbor.)

But we should all keep in mind that each of these cities do have hard-working citizens, middle class neighborhoods (yes, even in Newark & Detroit), and good qualities that most outsiders are unaware of. In a couple of those cities, crime has even declined!

Fri Jul 14, 2000 8:46 am

In defence for my post I really do have to say that New Jersey Is Bad Not Only Becuase Of The Crime I Mean My God I'm Not The Kind Of Guy Who Likes Getting Mugged And As For The Girls We Got Plenty Of Them In California And The Girls Here DON'T Have The New York / New Jersey Accent Plus They Lay Out On The Beach All Day Where There Skin Turns That Great Color!!! Plus If You Need To Take Them To A Motel I Think That Classifies Under Hooker With No Pay!!!!

woodsboy

Fri Jul 14, 2000 9:05 am

Houston, Texas

what a hole, and it goes on forever in every direction. Nothing but a tangle of freeways and cookie cutter malls. I have no idea how many Home Depot, Old Navy, Bed Bath and Beyond, Mars and Olive Gardens there are but the must number in the tens of thousands. Its horendous. and FREAKING HOTTER THAN HELL.

copper1

Fri Jul 14, 2000 9:14 am

Worst one I have been to is BARFalo New York.

Copper1

Lindy

Fri Jul 14, 2000 11:17 am

I forgot to add Birmingham Alabama hahaha what a joke.
After work I went to my hotel and I was thinkin' what can I do in this boring city. But I had fun there, my co-worker found some bowling club, the only good think about it was that you had beer there! But why that club was closed next day? (thursday)

And whaaaaaaaaaat about Kansas City Misouri? hahaha no comments!

Texairport and company
Newark is not that scarry at night, who told you that?

And now I know why I'm not gonna visit Baltimore, casue I dont wanna come back home with 9mm bullet in my back.

And those girls from NJ and NYC are not totaly free, you have to buy them few drinks before they agree to check out your motel/hotel room  

I belive you guys that you have nice looking women in Cali, but I cant go there  
I never been to west coast. I'm planing a trip to PHX LAX LAS this fall, maybe finally I'll see the desert.

Regards,
Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

RE: Lindy

Fri Jul 14, 2000 12:07 pm

From what I've read in your posts I think you'll enjoy Las Vegas quite a lot...you're allowed to drink alcoholic beverages in public.  

Skyteam
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2000 12:30 pm

I forgot to add Newark, its dumpy, and dangerous (I cant stand that NY/NJ Accent!!!!!) I agree wit St. Louis being dirty!!!!! Baltimore Sux!!! I really didnt care for New York, or Columbus.

SKYTEAM

desertjets

Fri Jul 14, 2000 1:02 pm

Los Angeles, the butt crack of America!!! Where else can you be stucking in traffic on the San Bernadino freeway at MIDNIGHT on a SATURDAY!!!! Nothing but miles of freeway and the damn place goes on forever.

And Tucson also sucks... it is ugly and dirty and nasty and I am stuck here till I graduate from college, makes Phoenix seem wonderful!!!

Lindy... what are you planning on seeing when you get out to the desert?
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

Fri Jul 14, 2000 1:22 pm

I really live in Phoenix but am visiting my grandma out here in San Diego and yes I do have to agree with Desert Jets Tucson SUCKS I mean my god half the neighboorhoods don't have sidewalks so you walk on the street you here a car go beep beep you say oh $h*t and jump into the weeded are next to the street!!!! If your lucky you live!!!! Ok well half that isn't true but it is true they don't have much for sidewalk and they have to get all there water from us up here in Phoenix!!!

Skyteam
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2000 2:11 pm

Phoenix is wonderful

Louis

Fri Jul 14, 2000 2:36 pm

Ok...Buffalo is a dump. I haven't been there for a while, so it may have changed, but when I saw it, it was brutal. Milwaukee is just plain boring. Richmond, Virginia too. And, this is my list remember, so don't flame me, I don't like Orlando. Orlando is artificial and there are just too many old people down there. It's got no character whatsoever. Gimmie Miami any day.

Fri Jul 14, 2000 5:53 pm

The whole fucking country smells move over hear to Havanna, cuba or to canada at least

RE: Newark Is Only Good For The Airport

Fri Jul 14, 2000 9:26 pm

Newark has to be the biggest dump in the world! The only reason why people go there is because of EWR! It is one of Continental Airlines' major hubs and the fact that it is easier for most people to get in and out of NYC than if they flew to LGA or JFK.

Baltimore has it's "bad areas" but in general it is a very pleasant city as well, nice airport too!

For those of you who are familar with Massachusetts, wouldn't you agree that Brockton, Chicopee, and Lawrence have to be the top three bad "mid size" cities (not necessarily in that order!)

Lindy

DesertJets

Sat Jul 15, 2000 12:36 am

I'm planing to visit few airports on the west coast. I will drive from DC. Mostly I wanna see LAS airport and city, PHX airport, LAX airport and city + I wanna go to gravyards in Arizona. I will have 16 days to accomplish this trip.
Also I wanna meet some chicks down there  

BTW. Another city where you can get caught in the traffic 2am is PIT. No kidding, I was coming back from Toronto twice that way and 2am I was in damn traffic jam. It happened twice!!! Now always I'm driving on the beltway around PIT. But PIT is a nice city, but stinks little bit.
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Skyteam
Topic Author

Louis

Sat Jul 15, 2000 1:17 am

Orlando is da bomb!!!!! Lotsa stuff to do, Lotsa chicks, and theirs not to many old people. St.Petersburg has a lot of old people

SKYTEAM

Lindy

RE: Louis

Sat Jul 15, 2000 1:19 am

You guys should tell me that before I went to St.Petersburg and Clearwater. Old old and old people there
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Peter

Sat Jul 15, 2000 1:26 am

I didn't like Boston.

drerx7

New Orleans

Sat Jul 15, 2000 1:43 am

I go to school in New Orleans and it is the biggest dump I've ever seen. Its cool to visit on a weekend but living there is hell. Corrupt Police, Crime out of control, dirtiness everywhere, traffic that is horrendous, not much to do at all, unless you are an alchoholic. Bourbon Street gets old quick. Mardi Gras is aight -- but dirty. They just brush the garbage aside until its over.

Give me Houston anyday.
HOUSTON, TEXAS

Skyteam
Topic Author

Peter

Sat Jul 15, 2000 11:51 am

I didnt like Boston either!!!!!

SKYTEAM