Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Mriya225
Topic Author

What's A Girl To Do....?

Wed Jul 19, 2000 6:10 am

I recently attended school to get my airframe & powerplant licenses. While I was there I met a lot of decent people, but there was one guy in particular... Sometimes you meet someone and it's as if you'd known one another forever; the connection between you is, for lack of a better word, effortless. The two of us had that natural ease around each other. I never flirted with him for two reasons: one, I wanted to be taken seriously as a student and future A&P and two, he had a fiance and daughter. About nine or ten months into our training I needed to take an LOA (work related) - when I went back, he was gone. I thought about him daily while I was on leave, and realized that I'd fallen in love with him. When I returned to school - he was gone. He had taken an LOA a couple of days after me, and just sort of "disappeared". I miss him terribly! But he can't be found and even if I could find him - he's engaged to married to another woman. It's been three months and still my heart breaks. What's a girl to do....?

n4khgirl

RE: What's A Girl To Do....?

Fri Jul 21, 2000 4:30 am

Awww. poor thing... you need to go club hopping! That'll cure ya..

chris28_17

Fri Jul 21, 2000 2:49 pm

im a guy but i just wanted to say i thought that was really sweet and its too bad there arent more girls that are like you..
(at least from the story, it seemed to get to me a bit, things like that usually dont)

CHRIS

PS. oh, by the way, sorry but im not that guy, im sure you were somewhat hoping he would see this and write you
am i right???

Fri Jul 21, 2000 3:11 pm

I have to agree with chris Im a guy too and I wish all girls were like you because a few days ago i met a girl too and we did flirt with each other we even go to the point where we were holding hands she is a friend of my sisters(im only 18) and this girl came over and I met her, well the next day I had to work and I never got to see her again well I sent her this e-mail telling her how I felt but she still has,nt gotten back to me be I was kinda ease dropping when my sister was chatting with her on ICQ and she told my sister that it wasnt going to work out between us and my sister always says that she will help me out if I need to get to know a girl better(my and my sister were good friends) but this time shes lie oh well its only Ray but they dont know I know this yet but Im pretty pissed off and it even made me so upset that I cried. well that my little story. Well I hope it works out for you.

Mriya225
Topic Author

Fri Jul 21, 2000 4:25 pm

N4KHGirl: You're a doll, but it isn't that simple.

Chris28_17: The odds against him running across my post would be somewhere in the neighborhood of - hmmm - astronomical; but yes (as pitiful as it is) I was kind of hoping, maybe... Still, it was sweeet of you to respond.

Airliners rule: I'm really sorry to hear about this girl flaking out on you (sounds like maybe your sister is trying to protect you though, not jack up your groove). Stay decent, and don't ever let any girl get between you and your family - not ever!

chris28_17

Sat Jul 22, 2000 2:18 am

yeah i know the odds are astronomical, but i also know the feeling

CHRIS

Sat Jul 22, 2000 6:22 am

Mriya225

You have to know my sister she is the type of person that would get pissed off if I dated one of her friends I personally think its her fault why this isnt going to work. Also she was like maybe if he meets nicky which I guess is some other girl im going to be meeting on tuesday by the way I sent this girl another e-mail and she still wont reply.

Mriya225
Topic Author

RE: Airliners Rule

Sat Jul 22, 2000 9:41 am

Sometimes when you and your sibling are close to the same age, there can be tension around "sharing" the people in your lives - for a lot of reasons. You've given this girl two opportunities to respond and (I know you're going to hate hearing this) that's enough. Let her drift, who knows, maybe this Nickey girl will be even better!
Chin up!!

Mriya225
Topic Author

RE: Chris28_17

Sat Jul 22, 2000 9:52 am

Isn't it the truth though?! We all know the feeling. Hey, I was nosey and checked your profile. I used to be a ramp lead/load planner myself (freightside ). I gotta tell you - I miss it big time ! I would probably do it forever (gotta love the peak season C-Net postal wages) but I don't think my body would let me. I envy you, it's rough work but what a blast!

chris28_17

RE: Mriya225

Sat Jul 22, 2000 11:15 am

Yes i like my job alot! And you've prompted me to check your user info   looks like your not missing much, im sure you make a whole lot more money than me, (as well as being considerably smarter and more educated)

wanna trade jobs???  

CHRIS

Mriya225

Sat Jul 22, 2000 1:27 pm

Well i just found out that her internet is down but I still know that its a no go becaise of my lovely easy dropping but Im glad i did it because I would probably be getting my hopes up also my sister is 22. Im still going out of my mind thinking about her but tomorrow im getting totally killed which I know isint the answer but Its going to feel good.

Oh ya tonight my sister was trying to be like oh ya if ashly wanting working she would be coming over because she doesnt think I know anythinkg so its kinda entertanining me.

Well gotta go. I will keep you up to date.

chris28_17

Airlinersrule

Sat Jul 22, 2000 2:01 pm

looked at your user info too... city skylines, thats the other thing that totally captivates me. Thats how i started out taking pictures however i slowly slipped into airline photography with my job. Whenever i go somewhere i always take a trip downtown and take skyline pics... if you wanna see some of them let me know

Well we just have a happy little family going now dont we all??? heehee  

CHRIS

Mriya225
Topic Author

Sat Jul 22, 2000 2:45 pm

What are you Crazy ? I took this job because I couldn't go to school and keep my old job (those of us who pulled postal wages were required to work split shifts). But now I'm chained to desk all day, in an environment so devoid of character that I'm convinced I'm going to drop dead from the sheer boredom. I live for the moments when the "good ol' boys" in the feild call to complain - and that's just sad. As for the $$ - I'd rather make a little less money and work around people that knew how to husttle and have a good time! 
My only hope is that a feild op's position will open up soon (crossing my fingers). You're lucky though, it's easier to keep your groove on, out there, in a younger body, BELIEVE ME .  

pandora

Forget About It

Sat Jul 22, 2000 7:13 pm

forget about it and it'll go away in a month.

Chris28_17

Sun Jul 23, 2000 3:43 am

I would love to see them.

2 years ago i went to NYC it was amazing too pictures of every major building in manhattan used up 10 rolls of file in 5 days.