Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

winair
Topic Author

Musicians!

Wed Jul 19, 2000 12:35 pm

Hey all you musicians out there! Let's chat. What do you play? What type of music? anything  

I am a composer and write mostly Classical music. Im a classical music fanatic  

I play the double bass and I was the seciton leader in a few local orchestras. I cant wait to start again next year.
I also play the piano..mostly for the composing  

So...talk about your instument...your experience. Anything.

Peter

RE: Musicians!

Wed Jul 19, 2000 12:39 pm

I've played the piano for about eight years, and play mostly classical music. Its fun.

flyCMH

Wed Jul 19, 2000 1:07 pm

I play Eb alto saxaphone. I've been playing for about 6 years now, and currently play in my high school's concert, jazz, and marching bands. I enjoy playing jazz pieces the most.

Wed Jul 19, 2000 10:00 pm

I play the guitar and the keyboard. I play mostly rock and stuff like that.

I've also tried to write some songs, but I'm not too good at that.

Danny

Wed Jul 19, 2000 10:37 pm

I'm more or less a band myself.   I play the guitar, drums and bass. Although I don't sing...maybe in the shower, but not in public. I play rock and music like that...

thai747

Thu Jul 20, 2000 12:51 am

Piano for.. uhh almost 10 years already , great instrument to start with. Right now i dont take anymore lesson , but I sometimes sit infront of the piano and improvise to the tunes i hear recently..

Otherwise , i can play Bb Clarinet , Bass Clarinet ( duh ) , Eb Saxophone and flute.. ( not well though )

My voice? talking 'bout a killer voice.. hahaha

dtwa320

Thu Jul 20, 2000 2:50 am

I play guitar. I've been playing for 7 years, even though it seems a lot longer than that. I enjoy listening and playing metal, but I don't like the "new" style of metal... korn.. limp bizkit or any other rap/metal band. My influences are strictly guitar related.. Ozzy... Pantera... and normal rock ex:.. Guns n' Roses.. Van Halen.. ect. I also play the blues although I have no real blues influences except for Stevie Ray Vaughan.

n4khgirl

Thu Jul 20, 2000 3:23 am

I have played the violin for 11 years now. I also play the flute, cello, mandolin, guitar(all just for fun), and bells & drums for the band in 6 & 7th grade.

My favourite violinist has to be Itzak Perlman!! I saw him here in Lafayette a few years ago, and it was awesome!

I don't write much music, but i think i could if i sat down and took the time...

~*Camille*~

winair
Topic Author

Airliners.net Band <G>

Thu Jul 20, 2000 4:20 am

And what a perfect band it would be   Every good band needs 5 pianists  

Im suprised only one person here plays the violin! Everyone I know out here in Southern California plays the Violin but me   I tried to learn once but it just isnt a comfortable position for me.

The Bass and cello are really easy for me to play since I am more comfortable on them, and dont have to twist my arm. It is also easier for vibrato.

I havent played the cello in 3 years though. I have basically forgotten how to play it!
I plan to continue playing the bass forever   Its a great instrument. Although, name one time you heard a Bass having a solo part in a classical song??? Hehe..only jazz...and im not a big fan of jazz. And what other instrument sounds like a fog horn when you play the two lowest strings? Gotta love it!

N863DA

Thu Jul 20, 2000 6:33 am

I am a singer by trade, with Nationally recognized awards (not to bragg or anything...) in the UK. I have a teaching diploma in Singing, so theoretically can teach it, and enjoy singing (choral classics) around the country in various Cathedrals and famous churches.

I also play the Tuba / Sousaphone, Violin and Piano. Tuba is my main instrument after singing, and Piano is more like a hobby. But, not to blow my own trumpet, (pardon the pun) but I don't think I'm bad at music really. I'm a classical musician by trade also.

That said, I love jazz of multiple types, country music and some of the modern music that the recording labels are churning out.

FLY DELTA JETS and sail UNITED STATES LINES

N 8 6 3 D A

American B757

Sat Jul 22, 2000 7:41 am

I play Bb Clarinet and Bass Clarinet. Not to brag, I was first chair Bass clarinet last year in the 8th grade advanced band. Im gonna do Concert and Marching band. Clarinet in marching, and bass in concert.