redngold

RE: Critter

Wed Sep 13, 2000 3:31 am

There is a difference between God being happy with his creation and saddened by the way the creation (read "human") conducts itself and lives out its purpose.

A lot of us "fall short of the glory of God."

Let Him make that decision.

redngold
Up, up and away!

Delta777-XXX

Christanity And Homosexuality

Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:05 am

In responce to the whole christanity and homosexuality issue...

I Believe that God does not like homosexuality... he says it is a perversion. But... I KNOW that God still loves homosexual people anyway. He may not approve of what you are doing... but he still loves you! I believe that being a homosexual will not cause one to go to hell. I don't think that people should judge homosexual people. The Bible says that it is not our place to judge. I think that we should NOT hate homosexual people! I have nothing against homosexual people... I think that people who dislike homosexual people are IGNORANT! and if I offended you... good! This world DOES NOT need hatefull people!

Thanks.. just my 2 cents worth!      

RE: N863DA

Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:29 am

From one "hypocrite" to another (according to 777YYC's post, that is, because I know we have both posted about Freedom on this forum), I can tell you that I agree 100% with your last post. That was the effect I wish I could have made in my last one, trying to get the "hypocrite" label off of myself. I would like to commend you and all of the other people who posted superb comments on this thread. This shows we don't have to be negative, or the people who do have to be negative can restrain themselves from posting.

RE: N863DA

Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:41 am

N863DA,

Thats a very interesting concept on Religion and probably the crux of it. (Scotty, OK hit me for $5.00 for the float...) To put some perspective on it, just as many straight people wonder "why" about homosexuality, I have wondered "why" about religion. When I was younger I joined some Christian groups to try and find out what all the fuss was about and discovered that religion just didn't do anything for me. I just couldn't grasp the concept that "I believe" when clearly I didn't / couldn't.

What I did discover is that I believed in myself, and this belief (and my thorough belief in the goodness of others) has helped me so far through my life. If some people need a "god" to guide them through their lives then so be it. It does not make a person weaker or stronger but can be the catalyst that makes the person grow in themselves.

One more thing.

I am very proud to see so many people post on this thread and am pleased for the people who have gotten some benifit from the cammeraderie and positive comments here.

Steman,

Hang in there and remember you are not alone. (Critter will be praying for you. lol)

mb *grin*

TWFirst

RE: The Gay Thing......What Really Matters

Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:49 am

Personally, I don't know how Critter gets anything done with all the praying he's gotta do for us. Every time somebody comes out here, I'm sure he's gotta say... what...at least 6 or 7 more "Hail Mary's" or "Our Father's" don't ya think? (that is if he's of the Catholic persuasion). If he isn't Catholic, maybe he has to come up with 7 or 8 new tongues to speak in.

OK, that wasn't very nice. I'll be good.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

N863DA

Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:04 am

My computer seems to sound like a vacuum cleaner now. I definately did some serious damage to it... Critter must have prayed for that because I doubted his words.... and knew that I would fly into a vicious (spelling?) rage when I read his post... which is what I did - and dagnabbit, look what happened.

Hands up those who wonder what Critter looks like.... less like a DC-9 in sky-blue, white and yellow, and perhaps more like Benny Hinn?? (with his super trendy hairstyle of course....) Someone in here, (with the skills of Jenny Jones) should maybe think about giving him a makeover.

Oh yes, Bad TWFirst!!!! Down boy, down. Although you make a good point... how does Critter make a living??? Where does he find the time, in between all this praying for the gay community?? Maybe he is a closet worker of TBN and prays all the time for gullable people to send money in to him and his fellow 'christians', and occasionally breaks rank and prays for all the people out there who are 'evil'.

Dagnabbit (spelling) TWFirst I'm starting to be as snide as you. Now look what you made me go and do. 

Next time you are down in Ft. Lauderdale let me know, I was down there last weekend (Labor Day) and will probably be down there again in a couple of weeks... probably at the end of the month or so. So if you're down there, drop me a line. (Altho at an albeit Aeronautical College, I don't have the luxury of air travel, and instead have to drive the four hours and $6 down the turnpike!!!!)

Anyway y'all - later.

FLY DELTA JETS and sail UNIITED STATES LINES

N 8 6 3 D A

TWFirst

Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:11 am

Hey Ben. I was in Lauderdale over Labor Day as well. I think I saw you at Home Depot (or was it Krispy Kreme)?

Yeah dude, don't get snide now. You play the ambassadorial thing really well, and some of us here know you have a unique background and therefore can provide interesting perspectives on various subjects  .

Sometimes though, you just gotta stand up for what is right. Know what I mean?

N863DA

RE: TWFirst

Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:25 am

Home Depot?!?!?!? No way dude!!!, I don't 'do' domestics!!!! Maybe if the roofing needed doing, (but then where are the other six guys??? ) or if a bulb blows... but I ain't gonna go around with 2x4 sticking out the back of the truck... (hey I'm a redneck, but not THAT bad!!!) Definately would have been Krispy Kreme!!! Now that I could live with....   Denny's too!!!! Ahhhhhhh Denny's. (All day & night breakfasts for our friends from out of town.) I also stopped by J Alexanders a couple of times....

BTW, did I tell you about the stuff that got the whole lot started in the beginning a couple of years back? Did I mention that?? I forget. It kinda came up again recently, but no KT to help me solve the problem!!! Wrong side of the world! I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee of confusion tho! No tethers!  I do kinda miss her tho, not too much tho....wonder why...? Sorry I'm blabbering.

And yeah I do know what you mean about standing up for what you believe in. Hence the reason my computer sounds as tho it belongs in the Drill section of Home Depot!

FLY DELTA JETS and sail UNITED STATES LINES

N 8 6 3 D A

Wed Sep 13, 2000 6:00 am

TWFirst- you'd be amazed. I've found a post I intend to read fully and keep up with on here.  

I'd like to start by congratulating almost everyone involved in this thread for keeping it objective and on the point, and I'd like to congratulate XQF on an excellent opener. While I'm not gay or religous myself, I have a family member who is both, and I intend to forward that post to him, if you have no objections.

Well, where to begin. My main point in this post is to basically tell a story of something that happened to me the other night, which served as something of a revelation to me.

I was watching the evening news, and a story came on about a group of parents who were protesting outside a high school about homosexuality issues. One man, I'd say about 35, was holding a "Death to Fags" sign or two, and identified himself as an ordained minister! He never said what church- I'd assume he's a Pat Buchananite.

The story continued on, showing the group protesting, and the students from the school coming out, almost unanimously, in support of the gay community and basically telling the protesters to shove it. But the story's end line was what got to me.

The minister got the last line in the story, and it went very much like this:
"Our term for homosexuals is very accurate. A 'fag' is a bundle of small, brittle sticks, which catch fire easily, and burn quickly. Just like homosexuals do in hell."

I was red with rage, my body temperature was up a few degrees, a baseball was sitting nearby, and I now owe my family a 13" T.V. Seriously- the screen is shattered and the inside smashed.

And yet, as I looked over what I'd done, I realized that I cared about the issue much more than I'd ever previously realized...

So, I guess my message is this. While the younger generations seem to be edging more towards support of the gay community, there will always be old fogeys, Pat Buchananites, and Southern Baptists (present company excluded- don't worry, N863DA  ) to continue the "tradition of hate".

Those of you that have come out in this or another thread, I respect and salute you. And as for you, Critter...

Well, as I'm an athiest, I really don't believe in God, and therefore don't pray. I will, however, make a special exception for your poor, misguided soul. Here's to hoping you can overcome your bigoted ways, my friend.

-Ben Corby
Son to a homosexual, and damn proud of it.

redngold

RE: "Death To..." Church/N-156F

Wed Sep 13, 2000 7:15 am

That person is probably a member of Westboro Baptist Church under Pastor Fred Phelps. He is rabidly anti-gay and has been known to picket funerals of known homosexuals with "X in Hell" placards.

Sick, sick, sick. I mean Phelps.

redngold
Up, up and away!

Delta777-XXX

Quit Bashing Critter!

Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:40 am

alright... I started really reading through this... you guys quit bashing critter! Critter is stating his beliefs. Critter is not judging you guys! He is being nice and is praying for you! I don't think that ANYONE was born homosexual. I think that it was something that happend when you were growing up or something. God specifically says that, "you shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination" Leviticus 18:22 This is not the only place that the bible talks about this! Why would god make you gay if he doesn't like it? I am NOT a homophobic person. The bible tells me NOT to judge others. Critter is not judging you. We may not agree with your lifestyle but we still care for you. I don't have a prolbem with homosexual people... and I seriously doubt critter does either. God loves us all... str8 and gay!

Trvlr

Wed Sep 13, 2000 9:13 am

Well, God doesn't say that in Leviticus 18:22. The Bible does. Critter may "care" for homosexuals but he is really doing more harm than good by trying to change them.

Aaron G.

CPDC10-30

Re:

Wed Sep 13, 2000 10:54 am

Rev. Fred Phelps operate a website perpetuating their fallacies at http://www.godhatesfags.com. I take pride in temporarily shutting that site down for a few days in 1998 by informing their service provider what content was being used. Most of the links were unavailable within a few hours. Unfortunatley they switched to a provider that will allow them to spew hatred.

The whole concept of their "congregation" is absurd...it revolves around only one issue and is primaraly made up of members of the same family.

When Phelps threatened to come to Canada, a lot of people mobilized to show him that he is NOT welcome in OUR country and organized counter protests. He planned to protest against the Queer Scouts in Toronto http://www.queerscouts.org and burn the Canadian flag in Ottawa. Turns out that he chickened out at the last minute when the police refused to provide additional security.

While it was a little baby step, I too came out to the forum on the "Adam and Steve" post. Since then I have come out to a few more friends and now have a rainbow sticker in my room in residence for anyone who wants to see it. It really got the ball rolling on coming to terms with fully accepting myself. Brissie, Polaris, TWFirst, Ilyushin96M...the list goes on and on...you guys truly are an inspiration...

Wed Sep 13, 2000 2:54 pm

(OK, i have borrowed this, but the point is valid)

> >> >Dear Critter,
> >> >
> >> >Thank you for doing so much to educate people
> >> >regarding God's law. I have learned a great deal from
> >> >you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many
> >> >people as I can. When someone tries to defend the
> >> >homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him
> >> >that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an
> >> >abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from
> >> >you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and
> >> >how to best follow them.
> >> >
> >> >When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know
> >> >it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9).
> >> >The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is
> >> >not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?
> >> >
> >> >I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as it
> >> >suggests in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do
> >> >you think would be a fair price for her?
> >> >
> >> >I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while
> >> >she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev.
> >> >15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried
> >> >asking, but most women take offense.
> >> >
> >> >Lev. 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the
> >> >nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims
> >> >that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can
> >> >you clarify?
> >> >
> >> >I have a neighbor who insists on working on the
> >> >Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put
> >> >to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
> >> >
> >> >A friend of mine feels that even though eating
> >> >shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 10:10), it is a
> >> >lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree.
> >> >Can you settle this?
> >> >
> >> >Lev. 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of
> >> >God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit
> >> >that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be
> >> >20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
> >> >
> >> >I know you have studied these things extensively, so I
> >> >am confident you can help. Thank you again for
> >> >reminding us that God's word is eternal and
> >> >unchanging.

Ok now, That was not meant to be an attack or to be condescending at all, I am just trying to point out the fact.....(as the saying goes) "The mind is like a parachute, it works better when it is open".

Cheers

steman

Wed Sep 13, 2000 3:11 pm

Hey guys,
why are you so hard with Critter? What did he write to make you hit him?
He just posted his opinion, as did I, and if you believe that Bible is God's word you have to agree with him.
Anyway, why don't we keep God away from the thread? He cannot answer our post so it isn't nice to make him say something we want.

Regards

Stefano

RE: Locking And Loading...and Words Of Encouragement

Wed Sep 13, 2000 3:12 pm

Howdy

Whilst I agree with you on getting support from the gay community in *nurturing* ones self, I do also think that one has to try to keep those friends in the *str8* community.

I grew up with a great bunch of guys and gals who are all str8 and since coming out, I have lost some of them as friends, but those who are still in my life, I work very hard to keep, as I feel, as a gay man I will only ever be accepted by society when that society (i.e. my friends, both gay and straight) accept me for the man I am (not a gay man).

As the Sunscreen Song states:

*Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.*

How true...even more so now that I am only 4 years away from 30...arrgghhhh (with apologies to those 30-somethings).

Cheers

Scotty

Ilyushin96M wrote:
-------------------------------

Steman -

Coming out is a difficult process, as is self-acceptance. Rather than focus on your heterosexual friends and colleagues and the "normalcy" of their lives, try to find people in the gay community who will support and nurture you in your life. I have an awesome group of friends myself, so I know those types of people are out there. And as far as the heterosexual lifestyle being "simpler"...this is as much a myth as anything. My straight friends have just as much difficulty coping in their everyday lives, as well as finding a significant other with whom they are compatible. Granted, there is more agreement in the world concerning their sexual preference, but no one's life is truly simple, I think.

Anyway...good luck to you, and stay safe!

IL96M

Mardi Gras Here I Come...WOOHOO!

Wed Sep 13, 2000 3:31 pm

Well as I thought, people still have to bring the R word into this thread, and as such, it now seems there is enough money in the fines to pay for me to get to Sydney for Mardi Gras. Yay!!!!

But please, if you want to debate the R word, can you please start up a new thread and discuss it there, because it really does go against the grain of the spirit in which Graham started this whole thread.

Having said this, I am guessing we will seem yet more R posts, which I suppose guys such as Il96M, TWFirst and Polaris wouldn't mind, coz I am sure they would appreciate all the help they can obtain in getting down here.

Also, N863DA, if you read this. I am not sure whether you are aware, but my attitude towards UA is slowly changing due to their recent decision to pull advertising from Dr Laura's programming. Looks like they will redeem themselves after all, albeit long overdue.

Cheers

Scotty

critter

Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:23 pm

I am glad to see that I have touched you all so deeply that you feel you need to write me long nasty responses. I truly think that you all have missed the point of my posts! I have never said that I "hate" homosexuals. I have said that I believe, according to Gods word, that Homosexuality is wrong. I do not condone the hate signs and hate rage that takes place in our society to anyone, and yes that does include homosexuals. However, I will not sit by and listen to people mock the word of God with out responding. This goes for any subject, not just homosexuality.

To answer a few questions, I am in a continual state of prayer. I can be in an attitude of prayer and still perform my job, love my family, and visit with friends. I do not have to be on my knees to pray. I do however spend several quiet moments throughout my day in praise to my Creator and Savior.

Yes, my wife did give birth to a beautiful baby girl a month ago. She is truly a gift from God. I have turned her sexual orientation over to God. All that I can do now is be the best loving father possible and hope and pray that she doesn't get drawn into a lifestyle of sin.

I could go into a VERY LONG dissertation on the origins of the Bible and all of its translations, interpretations, etc. But, believe it or not, I am trying to show some semblance of respect for your wishes. I know that it really gets under N-156F skin when I start quoteing scripture. In fact, it botherd him enough to send me an e-mail again. Thank you for the thought.

I will keep praying, and you will remain a subject of prayer for my churches Prayermeeting, which meets every Wednesday night. How does it make you feel to know that not just one person, but a whole congregation is praying for you?

God Bless
critter

Critter And Others

Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:01 pm

If you want us to respect you, then please respect me.

I have asked and suggested several times now for the R talk to stop here, as this is not what this thread was started by Graham for. But yet you continue (and I have to say so have a few of the others). Can you please respect me by taking your thoughts along the line which you have been speaking to another thread, and do not spoil something which is suppose to be positive for us guys. Are we at least not entitled to that?

You do not see me in a *religious* thread bringing my views there because I know they really are not welcome, however, I am sure if you start up a new thread on the subject on which you are talking, the guys and gals will respond to you there.

Thanks

Scotty

Stretch 8

Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:06 pm

It's another circle jerk . . . pass the k-y jelly . . . feel that bad boy twitch!

(Can't we all just "drop trow" and get along?)
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

Ilyushin96M

"Dropping Trow"

Wed Sep 13, 2000 7:19 pm

Stretch 8, I think if you read through this thread, you will find that, as always, we gays were minding our own business when outsiders chose to butt in with unwanted, unsolicited negativity, make-wrong and judgements. I NEVER am the instigator of negativity, and do what I can to nip it in the bud. It becomes difficult, however, when the attackers persist.

Personally, I know for a fact that, even though I'm no longer dependent on them, my relationship with my parents is such that they would THROTTLE anyone who attacked me face to face, either verbally or physically. I feel that same sort of protective instinct for other members of my community.

Critter, as far as knowing that you and your whole congregation are praying for me and everyone else on here...what I feel is that your prayers are misdirected. However, I'm sure you know that God doesn't answer the prayers we pray, so much as the ones we SHOULD be praying. Whereas you may pray for us to "turn from our wicked ways," God very well may see fit to fortify us and strengthen us to continue fighting for our rights and answering negative, judgemental, self-righteous people with the same understanding, acceptance and tolerance we would want to see from them and you. So you keep right on praying, but don't be too surprised when God answers your prayers as they SHOULD be answered, not as you might want them answered. I hope also that you and your congregation pray for Fred Phelps, Dr. Laura, Pat Buchanan and all the other hatemongers, that they would be enlightened, healed, and that God will thwart them in their attempts to spread hatred and intolerance.

As to the birth of your daughter, congratulations. The best anyone can hope for is to have a healthy child. My father often refers to me as "my son, in whom I am well pleased." I hope that your daughter will always be your child in whom you are well pleased.

IL96M

Wed Sep 13, 2000 9:12 pm

Why aren't our conversations regarding aviation this enlightening and profound????

Nice work, guys.

TriStar

Thu Sep 14, 2000 5:05 am

From a post above:

"a lifestyle of sin"

All I can say is: judge, and you will be judged.
There are several ways to portray one's disrespect for and disagreement with someone else's lifestyle - or anything else, for that matter. Just because you don't use words like "hate" doesn't mean you can say anything you want. You're judging people for who they are. Realise you are hurting them by doing so.

You don't have to agree with everything. There's a saying (albeit somewhat "vulgar") that very much rings to the truth, however: "put up or shut up." With all due respect, that's the least one can do.

There are many truths in the world. Don't be so self-centred to think yours is the one truth that surpasses all others. That kind of an attitude does not look well on anyone. As do illustrations of a possible superiority complex.

Best regards,

TriStar.

polaris

Thu Sep 14, 2000 5:43 am

"There is nothing either good or bad except that thinking makes it so." William Shakespeare

Thu Sep 14, 2000 6:11 am

Seeing as we are doing quotes now, I have one I would like to contribute.

"Man who go to bed with itchy bum, wake up with smelly finger"
Confucius

Sorry guys, gotta amuse myself somehow on a bleak and cold wintery morning in Perth.

Cheers

Scotty

TWFirst

Thu Sep 14, 2000 6:18 am

And now for something completely different (and VERY secular)......

How about discussing the best companies for gays to work for in America?

My partner is a V.P. at American Express Financial Advisors. When he and I were at the Hawaiian Lesbian wedding I mentioned earlier (god, just saying that cracks me up), most of the attendees were either straight couples with one spouse employed at Amex, or lesbians who worked at Amex. John introduced me to one lesbian woman who is a Senior V.P., and is one of the highest ranking women in all the company. She makes loads of money. He said several of these women came out in the last 2-3 years. I know in his department, the management team includes a Mexican-American woman (head of the department), a gay man (my partner), an African-American woman, and a Jewish woman. Pretty diverse. He thinks the culture throughout the company is awesome for both gays and all minorities.

Any other companies come to mind? I think American Airlines is supposed to be a pretty good place for gays to work.

I have an article I saved from the Wall Street Journal that discusses how many of the largest brokerages and financial firms on Wall Street are actively recruiting gay MBA's (Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Merill Lynch, etc. etc.). They recognize gays as a very talented labor pool, and realize that targeting us is a good strategy in this era of extremely tight labor markets.

Thu Sep 14, 2000 6:42 am

Do you know any single women at Amex, I'm looking for a sugar mommy.

TWFirst

RE: CstarU

Thu Sep 14, 2000 6:54 am

God, that would be your absolute dream, wouldn't it? A bi sugar mama willing to get it on with her girlfriend in front of you, take you out to dinner afterwards, and then bring you home in her Ferrari.

You're frickin' hilarious dude.

Trvlr

Thu Sep 14, 2000 7:03 am

Now pretty much any company in The Netherlands should become good for at least married gays to work for, because they just fully legalized gay marriage there and one could get all the regular benefits. So I guess if the Dutch pop culture is respective towards gays, then it should have an effect on Dutch multinationals. KLM and Philips come to mind...

Aaron G.

Thu Sep 14, 2000 7:07 am

No, I'm taking the Ferrari...it's mine!  

Trvlr

Thu Sep 14, 2000 7:23 am

Will you two children ever stop?!?!?!?  

Aaron G.

RE: Trvlr

Thu Sep 14, 2000 7:31 am

Nope.

...and you can't have your olympics or your new airport either. 

Please respond on TWFirst's thread...keep his name on top. 

adios...

TWFirst

RE: CstarU, Aaron G.

Thu Sep 14, 2000 7:34 am

NO! RESPOND ON CSTAR'S THREAD INSTEAD!!!! HE'S OBVIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE ON TOP (oops, did I say that???)

LH423

Thu Sep 14, 2000 8:22 am

My, all this jestful humour...I think I'm going to vomit  

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Thu Sep 14, 2000 8:34 am

To qoute another Sunscreem song:

In the forest theres a monster,
who has done terrible things.

He sits there lonely and softly sings,

"Who will love me now,
who will ever love me,
who will ever love me."

"Who will love me now,
who will ever love me,
who wil ever love meee.

Very profound if anyone can get it.

Scotty,

(whispering: i think i got the lyrics right.)

mb

Thu Sep 14, 2000 7:56 pm

OK, I am blonde (remember the curtains and carpets hehe) but that was wayyyyyy to deep for me! As Pauline Hanson said "Please explain!"

This Is Getting WAY Too Old!

Thu Sep 14, 2000 8:02 pm

I can't believe that people are still trying to provoke people into debating on this topic months after we seemed to discuss it to death and then some!

Let it go guys! Let's try to be productive rather than destructive!

RE: AerLingusA330

Thu Sep 14, 2000 8:44 pm

exactly! thats what this post was supposed to be about - positive productive conversation. All in all i think it has succeeded.

steman

RE: AerLingusA330

Thu Sep 14, 2000 8:54 pm

Yes,
it has succeded.
Thanks to this post I begun nice e-mail exchanges with two smart guys. It is very positive, isn't it?

Ciao

Stefano

RE: Steman

Thu Sep 14, 2000 9:00 pm

Stefano, that is really great to hear.  

I knew we could all do it!

Cheers!

Graham / XQF

Skyteam

Attention

Fri Sep 15, 2000 6:37 am

Keep up the good work guys  

SKYTEAM

RE: XQF And Steman

Fri Sep 15, 2000 11:18 am

Well! Now that everyone seems to be happy, let's move on shall we?  

RE: Polaris

Fri Sep 15, 2000 4:32 pm

Polaris, congratulations on your post it was remarkable
deep and well written, undoubtedly it make sense to
me, our soul is an atom that contains all the perfection
of the energy that is in this planet translated to what
we called God, this Universe is so perfect so are we,
does not matter if We are gays or heterosexuals. I'm
very glad to see how some people like you are higher
beings already understanding what we really are working for better SOCIETY, a society with better
standars of living(not judging nor criticizing), a place
where we all understand each other.
We should forgive Critter, He is that state of mine still,
with time he eventually understands things he does not
know now. Lets remember one thing; there is a big
difference between being spiritual and religious, a religious person believes in God by a book and a spiritual person understand God and his perfection
thru everything he has created. A person who reads
a book thinks with his brains and a person who loves
feels with his heart. So if we are gays we still part
of his great creation and we have something to learn
and teach to each other.
Thanks.

ben88

Fri Sep 15, 2000 8:09 pm

"We should forgive Critter, He is that state of mine still,
with time he eventually understands things he does not
know now."

What a load of crap Acklins. Because someone doesn't agree with you they are not "enlightened?" Some people happen to think that being gay is wrong, myself included. I'm so sick of the political incorrectness and social stigma attached with questioning gays. You have no problem with overtly advertising your sexual preference, but when someone questions it you're quick to label that person as a "basher" and an "unlightened one." btw, are there any straight guys here? Perhaps we can start a small rally in which we proclaim our sexual preference and berate anyone that questions it.

Fri Sep 15, 2000 8:35 pm

whatever...

critter

Fri Sep 15, 2000 8:38 pm

If God were all loving and could not destroy his creation how does your logic explain The Great Flood, Cancer, Aircraft Accidents, or even the dreaded AIDS? I believe that God is a soverign God and it is not for us to understand his will but to accept his word.

There are many things about his will and word that I do not understand and I will try to remember to ask him when I get to Heaven. Why is it that AIDS is so feared within the Homosexual community? The majority of those infected with the HIV virus are either Homosexual or IV drug users. I know that the numbers of drug clean Heterosexuals are now being infected but they usually recieve it from either a blood transfusion or promescuity in their sexual lives. I do not know Gods will or his desires but do you think that it is possible that he allowed this to come about to "cleanse" those who blatently defiy his word in the line of sexual imorality and promescuity? Now don't lynch me for posing this question because I am not saying that I truly belive this is the cause, but the population genre has to lead me to ask this question.

I personally am not afraid of death because I know where my soul is going after I die. My mortal mind says that I would like to spend more time here on this Earth to be with my family and friends, but I am prepared if God should decide it is time to take me home. Where are you going?  

critter701

Fri Sep 15, 2000 9:04 pm

Critter

Now you have just shown to us your true ignorance.

I quote

"The majority of those infected with the HIV virus are either Homosexual or IV drug users."

End quote

Where do you get your figures from. Out of the air I think. Then how do you account for the high incidence of HIV and AIDS in the African continent. Oh wait, your name isn't Robert Mugabe is it? Just blame it on the gay mafia.

Another thing.....quote

"God should decide it is time to take me home. Where are you going?"

Endquote

I take it you mean when we die. Well myself I will be going six foot under the ground where upon I will become maggot food......end of discussion.

steman

Fri Sep 15, 2000 9:24 pm

With all the respect due to Critter's ideas,
isn't it strange that such a spiritual person is also an aviation fan?
I always thought that such a technological argument like aviation interested only non religious people.
I was wrong.
Probably Critter is right; aviation could be a God's creation to punish the evil ones with air accidents and rewards the goods with smart fly.
Sorry, I didn't want to add gas on fire.
I respect Critter position so I hope he won't misunderstand me.

Regards

Stefano (from the catholic Italy)

critter

Brissie

Fri Sep 15, 2000 9:40 pm

Apparently you must have missed the sexual promescuity part of my post! Usually promescuity means multiple partners. When you start throwing multiple partners into the mix everything is multiplied and the risk of mating with someone who is infected or been with someone who is infected is greatly increased.

P.S. Do some studies into many African tribal cultures and you will find that Sexual Promescuity is very rampant. Enough said!!

critter

Trvlr

Fri Sep 15, 2000 11:09 pm

That doesn't really matter. One can still be infected with AIDS even if they don't have promiscuous sex with someone who has it. Being promiscuous just means there is a greater number of ways to get infected, in the case of a man and a woman. it just so happens that many gay people are promiscuous, and that is why it is such a problem within the homosexual community.

If you suggest that AIDS has appeared so it can punish gay people who are in the eyes of your god bad for some reason, you might as well say it has appeared to punish Africans as well!

Aaron G.