Aussie Aussie Aussie...Oi Oi Oi

Sat Sep 16, 2000 10:13 am

XQF and all

Thorpedoes swim was awesome. Although it is not right to *expect* him to win, one would think he is a dead set certain.

See Jones has just won our first medal (silver in the triathlon). Such a great effort, which came down to the last after 2 hours. Gotta be proud of that, coz I would be buggered after 10 minutes  

Got the PC set up here, and the TV right next to me....too wucking feasy  

Cheers

Scotty

My Own Triathalon!

Sat Sep 16, 2000 10:29 am

Yeah, it was great.........i am running around like a chook with my head cut off.......watch the games, have a fag, send an email!!!! I have my own triathalon here !!!!!!! heheheheehe  

GO AUSSIE

RE: My Own Triathalon!

Sat Sep 16, 2000 11:03 am

Take it easy G. We don't want you burning out so early.....there are still two weeks to go ya know. Sit down, kick back, relax, pop open a bottle of red (or in my case a king brown of home brew) and enjoy.  

We did a good job in the relay (pool) and have gotta be a cert for that as well. Having this betting account with Centrebet is going to be the death of me I am sure  

Woohoo!!! Just got a phone call. A friend is trying to tee up some *cheap* tickets for Monday week for me. Looks like I might be able to get over there after all to see a couple of days action (more on that later)...in the meantime the tellie will have to do.  

Question: What do ya reckon of the new swimsuits? If they help the swimmer glide thru the water it is good, but for other reasons, I still prefer to see the guys (and gals) in speedos.

Cheers

Scotty

N312RC

RE: Aussie Aussie Aussie...Oi Oi Oi

Sat Sep 16, 2000 12:24 pm

I probably wont watch any of the Olympics (unless it's taped-delay) because im not getting up at 4AM to see it.
My views as expressed above are my views alone and do not constitute the views of my employer.

Trvlr

Sat Sep 16, 2000 1:16 pm

Well, it will be tape delayed. I just watched the Opening Ceremonies as it was broadcast for the first time on NBC about 20 hours late!

Aaron G.

copper1

Scotty Boy And All Other Aussies.

Sat Sep 16, 2000 1:27 pm

Take a bow guys ( and Girls if any ) on the spectacular opening ceremonies. You Aussies sure know how to throw a real shindig. Great job.

All the best and GO CANADA GO . ( had to throw that in )

Copper1

RE: Scotty Boy And All Other Aussies.

Sat Sep 16, 2000 2:24 pm

Howdy Copper dude

You guys must be spewing you don't get live coverage over there......now you guys know how we feel every 4 years having to stay up all night to watch it live. I'd be dirty on delayed coverage, coz you would find a lot of people would stay up all night and watch it anyway.

No matter, if you see this thread grow, it means the Aussies are doing well, so check in from time to time  

Cheers

Scotty
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI

Sat Sep 16, 2000 2:28 pm

Yep, that was a nice swim.

B737-700

Sat Sep 16, 2000 2:35 pm

Sorry forgot the introductions.

Welcome to the unofficial Olympic network at airliners.net. I am Scotty and I will be heading this telecast, whilst Graham over in Sydney will be bringing speccccccccial reports from time-to-time (you can do Bruce can't ya G?).

Cheers

Scotty

Sat Sep 16, 2000 3:08 pm

Never done a Bruce before

John, Troy, Brian, Rick, Jason...yes, but no Bruce  

hehe

Sat Sep 16, 2000 3:08 pm

I live in New York and I missed the damn opening ceromonies (tape delayed of course, when they REALLY happened it was 2am last night and I was asleep in my hotel bed in Minneapolis) becuase I was on a fricken NWA flight from MSP-LGA. Oh well my brother on the west coast is taping it for me and I am having him FedEx it to me....

I love the Olympics and have wanted to go to Sydney and australia for SO LONG...(I want to go in Feb for Mardi Gras)

Sat Sep 16, 2000 3:49 pm

Howdy about some decorum G? You are an absolute shocker DUDE   (I knew writing that was a loaded question).

Cheers

Scotty

QF1

Sat Sep 16, 2000 5:45 pm

Go Thorpey!!!!!!!
Our first gold!!!!!

Sun Sep 17, 2000 2:41 pm

Yeah Thorpie's 400m gold medal was excellent. See the papers are saying he has the potential to now be earning $10 million a year if he continues to win gold (that must be some kind of record for a swimmer wouldn't it?)

Add to this the 4 x 100m relay in the pool, in which our guys won gold, and we topped off a great day in the pool

Wasn't Klim's air guitar playing just too hilarious?

Michael Diamond has just won *gold, gold, gold* for Australia in the trap shooting. Well deserved, and his dedication to his father who died earlier in the year was brilliant.

Looks like we are on our way to what surely is going to be our most successful Olympic campaign ever.

Cheers

Scotty

QF1

Brissie Lions

Sun Sep 17, 2000 4:51 pm

It's all looking good at the moment, but don't forget athletics is next week, and remember that isn't our srong point. Ah well, here's hoping though

Go Aussie!!!!

Sun Sep 17, 2000 6:50 pm

BL you stole my SYDNEY 2000 post.

Shame on you.

mb

Mx5_boy

Sun Sep 17, 2000 8:32 pm

Life's a bitch huh?  

Cheers

Scotty

P.S. How was skiing?

Mon Sep 18, 2000 2:07 pm

Scotty,

Skiing was great, although I have racoon eyes. The best spring snow I've ever seen, I was skiing in a T shirt.

Just got myself up another level and now ski on 180's. Longer and faster, although I do get scared at some of the inclines the other half has been pitching me down screaming.

lol

mb