iflycoach
Topic Author

Thoughts On Those Scooters

Wed Sep 20, 2000 9:27 am

What are your thoughts on those scooters? Ya know the ones that sit a half inch from the ground and have roller blade wheels.
I hate em and NO I am not one of those people who hate all trends & YES I have ridden one.
Well my story is/was when I tried to ride on my friends I hit a cement crack (the ones they leave for expansion) and boy did I go flying also not to mention a little before I went flying I rode over a speed bump and got stuck at the top of the bump!!!

copper1

RE: Thoughts On Those Scooters

Wed Sep 20, 2000 9:50 am

In Ontario, Canada those little scooters are classified as vehicles under the defintion of vehicle in the Highway Traffic Act. As such , in Ontario, you are required to follow the rules of the road if you ride one on the road.

I can just imagine how upset some person would be if they got a $110.00 ticket for something like not stopping at a stop sign.

Copper1

ishky15

Wed Sep 20, 2000 10:05 am

They're SOOOOOOOO stupid. I mean, if you're going to get yourself around on wheels, it should at least be a way that requires actual talent. I rode one, and you can be HANDICAPPED and ride one(well, ya know what I mean). Maybe if its ok for like 6 year olds, but teenagers and adults, PLEASE

DeltaRNOmd-80

Wed Sep 20, 2000 10:32 am

Theyre great, I wish I had one, altho I would be too embarassed to ride one as I live in a close minded town of 8,000. I would want one that was gas powered with the gas tank at the back. I am not a skateboarder and rollerblades you have to take shoes with you if you are planning on going in any public place, and then if you go in, you have to carry your roller blades. Some of the scooters by sharper image you can flip up and put into a small back pack that comes with it.

iflycoach
Topic Author

Wed Sep 20, 2000 10:34 am

The gas powered ones are called Go Peds

Wed Sep 20, 2000 11:23 am

I hate the wretched things. In the past 12 months they have sprouted like poisoness toad stools all over Sydney. Even business people are using to "scoot" to work.

One of my friends bought one and asked me what I though. Here was my reply.

"You know when a dog takes a crap? And then they do that thing with their hind legs and scratch a bit of grass at their turds? Well that's what I think people look like when they ride those stupid things, back up straight and every now and then they do the dog thing with their left or right leg."

My friend was horrified, last I heard it's in the attic.

mb

cba

Wed Sep 20, 2000 12:04 pm

I wouldn't be caught dead on one of those pieces of crap. What's wrong with walking or biking?

Trvlr

Wed Sep 20, 2000 12:10 pm

I second that statement. They're dangerous too.

Aaron G.

bombstar

Wed Sep 20, 2000 1:29 pm

A few days ago i had to get somewhere. but my bike had a flat tire, so i was left with the option of using a scooter, after a few blocks, i turned around and headed back home to put my scooter back, i relized that i would get there faster and less tiring by walking, not to mention looking a lot less stupider

flyf15

Wed Sep 20, 2000 1:47 pm

"If its not SharperImage, you didn't get the real deal"

What kind of audience are they trying to get the attention of? I'm a teenager, and I think the only thing I'd do if I had one is sell it... I think they look rediculus and well, stupid.

Although I did see a scooter with the same idea, although it had an electric engine, was quite bigger with about 8in rubber wheels, ... it was quite interesting.

modesto2

Thu Sep 21, 2000 5:46 am

I find the scooters annoying as @#$%! I rode on one at a local department store and I admit...it was fun. But I think people look like morons when they ride them and they're just really annoying. How come people can't walk?

Ilyushin96M

Thu Sep 21, 2000 5:49 am

The first time I saw one, I thought, "That has got to be one of the STUPIDEST things I've ever seen!" And even worse are the people using them - if they could see themselves, they'd hide in their homes for days, because they'd be embarrassed for looking so stupid.

What's the point of these little things, anyway? What a stupid trend. I hope it passes quickly.

RWally

Thu Sep 21, 2000 10:30 am

I have a Razor, and I think it is great. Every kid in my area has one of those things. Although I do ahve to admit I ate real bad one time. I was going real fast, and I tried to go over a bump. I was going so fast that the bump turned into a ramp, and I got launched. I did a barrell roll and I hit the cememnt pretty hard. Other than that, those things are great.