Neo
Topic Author

Why Americans Can't Stand To Lose?

Fri Sep 29, 2000 9:48 am

I was reading some posts from this forum and i noticed how Americans never accpept to lose to anyone!!! Of course this is a general idea, i'm not saying that all Americans are like that, but in my opinion most of them think like that, or at least act so.

I would like to know what you think about that...

I'm not trying to start an anti-american feeling here,, it is just curiosity....!!!

Best regardssss

Neo

Matt D

RE: Why Americans Can't Stand To Lose?

Fri Sep 29, 2000 9:50 am

As someone who has red, white and blue blood, I'll be the first to agree with you.
I'm not really sure why we are this way. I think there are a lot of contributing factors. Probably it can be traced back to the days of the spoiled rotten baby boomers......
I'll type more later.

N312RC

Fri Sep 29, 2000 9:54 am

LOSE?!?!? AMERICANS NEVER LOSE!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!??!?!?

My views as expressed above are my views alone and do not constitute the views of my employer.

Neo
Topic Author

Fri Sep 29, 2000 10:12 am

LOSE?!?!? AMERICANS NEVER LOSE!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!??!?!?

Why i'm I not surprised???

Trvlr

Fri Sep 29, 2000 10:24 am

We hate to lose because we don't often.

Aaron G.

Fri Sep 29, 2000 10:42 am

Who wants to be a loser?

Greeneyes53787

Fri Sep 29, 2000 12:07 pm

The best way to be a winner is to be a loser.

It is the fear of failure or fear of losing that stops many in their tracks. But when we try and lose or fail we learn something. Then we try again. There is probably no country with more losers than the USA. Therefore there is probably no country with more winners than the USA.

Lincoln lost many times before he took the oath. Nixon, although he seldom lost, said that he just wanted to die with one more success than failure.

However, USA's great winning spirit can partly be attributed to great triumphs of Europe of the past. We shouldn't take all the credit. Other Americans have taught citizens of the USA many things too. From Reo to the Ukon Americans have taught US citizens many things--such as a winning spirit.

GE

Neo
Topic Author

Fri Sep 29, 2000 12:15 pm

I agree with "Greeneyes53787", in part.

To be a winner you need to learn to lose. Many times to be a winner it is necessary to lose first!!

The thing is Most of the Americans don't accept to lose, this word just isn't on their dictionary.

It is a sad thing!!!! Delutution you know!!!

.........think about it...........

Neo

(i would like to hear from non-americans also)

DeltaRNOmd-80

Fri Sep 29, 2000 3:00 pm

If this is in response to the 'why americans only interested in local sport' post, then people in that post are assuming that we are losing the olympics, because Australia has a lesser population, and if you divide their population by 5 million, add the number of kangaroos squared and subtract the number of wombats killed per half day, and a few other things, then australia will be somehow winning. Just a reminder that we are winning the olympics, in the medal tally anyway. most golds, silvers, bronze, and most total  

v jet

Fri Sep 29, 2000 3:43 pm

I'll bet ya one thing. I bet Sydney gets the gold medal for the best Olympics yet 

Fri Sep 29, 2000 3:51 pm

DELTA80,

You have proven NEO's point, peanuts thrown at you my friend.

The true winners in the olympics are the athelets "who ave' a go". In Aussie slang, that means anyone who tried their best to do something. Kudo's to all the volunteers, the atheletes and non corrupt officials who have made our olympics the best ever.

I have posted "Australia the best" blah blah just to prove a point and provoke the likes of yourself. Perhaps when you grow up, travel the world and work for a living then maybe you will see the world for what it is and particularly the country you live in.

Monkey see monkey do?

mg (*smile* & no offense)

Granite

Fri Sep 29, 2000 10:23 pm

Hi all

Well, they have lost already.

Who invented:

1. Telephone? - Alexander Graham Bell - Scottish
2. TV - John Logie Baird - Scottish

And amongst other things:

Tarmacadam, penicillin.

So the Clintonlanders have lost already.

Regards to all

Gary Watt
Aberdeen, Scotland

Greeneyes53787

RE: Granite

Sat Sep 30, 2000 6:37 am

Well said, Rock! For the USA is made of the Scotts, Britts, Irish, Germans, Italians, French, Spanish and many more. The Americans that did great things had ancestry throughout the world.

GE

DeltaRNOmd-80

Sat Sep 30, 2000 2:38 pm

The country I live in is like no other, I dont care to move out of it, thanks for the suggestion though  

A country developed by hard working, noble, God loving men just feels better to me than one settled by British criminals  

I have posted "USA Rocks" to provoke the likes of yourself, also. It seems to have worked!

seven_fifty7

Sun Oct 01, 2000 7:42 am

Our American culture is to be COMPETITIVE in every way. From wars, to sports, to high school competitions. From who earns the most at the best paying jobs, to who drives the best cars and lives in the best houses. From who has the best physique, to who has the most brains or the most jewels.

Everywhere you look, Americans COMPETE, COMPETE, COMPETE!!! You see it here, everyday at Airliners.net! Just look at all the "I know more about X better than you do" threads. And what about all of the American members' passion when discussing Boeing vs. Airbus topics. That's a perfect example since the most passionate Boeing fans must be Americans who think Boeing symbolizes the USA.

But the question remains, *WHY* are we this way? *How* have we gotten this way? I surely would like to know.

Afterall, I'm as humble as they come.

VirginLover

Sun Oct 01, 2000 11:31 am

Um... there are a few other countries/people who feel the "same way" as the USA supposedly does. One clear example: If China's gymnastic team didn't want to win, do you think they'd take children away at the age of 3 to go into hard training?

No one wants to lose. It's not something you strive for. So the post SHOULD be titled "Why can't people stand to Lose" not just Americans.

MD-90

Mon Oct 02, 2000 11:21 am

Sometimes competition at high school band competitions can be brutal. Of course, being the best is always nice.