Matt D
Topic Author

Seen Once, Never Again

Fri Sep 29, 2000 11:18 am

All of us bear witness to some event at some point in our lives that we'll most likely only see once. It'll leave you stupefied and jaw dropped, but then you will spend years laughing and talking about it.
Anyone care to share any experiences like that?

For me, it would have to be that time I was in the movies theater. And midway through the show, I saw a kid in a wheelchair zip past me, careen down the aisle and crash into the screen.
Apparently, someone didn't see him, or his brake failed-whichever.
I felt bad for him. I really did. When he crashed into the (concrete) screen, he was catapaulted out of his chair and hit his head and fell back into the chair. Seeing three people chasing after him in the dim light of the theater was of no help in me composing myself. I was laughing so hard my side hurt.
Of course my date didn't share my humor and gave me a much deserved slap across the head.
I felt bad for him. They had to stop the show, and call an ambulance.
But at the same time...and now 10 years later...I still can't stop laughing about it. I mean really.....how often does anything like that happen? What are my chances of seeing that again?
Anyone have similar experiences to share?

Greeneyes53787

RE: Seen Once, Never Again

Fri Sep 29, 2000 11:48 am

My mother tells of a time she was driving somewhere in the car and spied an old lady walking across the street. The lady was carrying groceries but lost her grip and the contents of the bag all over the street. Well, Mom stopped and helped pick up the stuff and hand it to the lady.

The event struck my mom so--that she was laughing hard as she tried to help the old lady.

It was nice to help her but mean to laugh.

GE

Ps-the old lady gave my mother a strange look.

tbar220

Sun Oct 01, 2000 2:35 pm

This was very simple, but I'm never going to forget it. I'm with a friend, and we're eating lunch at school, and he's got a can of coke. He's gonna take a sip from it, but I could totally see he was going to miss his mouth. I was just taking a bite of my sandwich when his coke can missed him mouth by a good three inches too low and he ended up spilling nearly half the can all over his shirt and down his shirt before he realized what he had done and how stupified he was. Afterwards, we were laughing so hard about it, he had a laughing attack and couldn't stop laughing for twenty minutes. To this day we talk about how stupid it was, yet funny.
NO URLS in signature

mls515

Sun Oct 01, 2000 3:01 pm

I played tennis my freshman year of high school and one day we were practicing hitting balls that we lobed high into the air by the serving machine. One of my teamates went for one, stretching out as far as he could with his racket, missed the ball and fell flat on his face. He hit the court surface pretty hard. Everyone else on the 7-person team was literally on the ground laughing hard for a few solid minutes. My teamate wasn't really injured too badly so he laughed at himself a little as well. The coach was amused too.

(I was a very very poor tennis player BTW, but had fun)

Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:32 pm

One night at a gaz station, I was done washing my car in a no contact carwash, so the rear door open, and i pull my car out of the carwash, i stop like 30 feet away, park it, go out and check if it has been well-washed. Meanwhile a rather old man dial his code in front of the carwash, while the door open he stepped on the gaz very hard and his car left like a bullet. The front door wasn't entirely opened, he just went thru it, accelerating inside the carwash, going thru all the pipes and stuff then going thru the the exit door, and then stopped. He exit his car, then i rushed to him to see if he his ok, but he is just fine, just a bit shock (maybe because he was amazed how the wash had been fast lol) but his car wasn't...and the carwash neither. On the moment it was not funny but afteward when i think about it i can't stop laughing.

N863DA

Tue Oct 03, 2000 8:16 am

To TBar220; I guess that's what they call 'having a drinking problem'. 

FLY DELTA JETS and sail UNITED STATES LINES

N 8 6 3 D A

blink182

Tue Oct 03, 2000 12:33 pm

This was sorta mean but I could not stop laughing. One day at camp we were playing soccer than all of a sudden, A counselor takes a shot and hits this 7-9 year old boy right in the stomach! and it was hilarious. Afterwords I told him(the counselor) that it may be mean to say what I was gonna say but it was pretty funny and he agreed with me. I cannot stop laughing about it to this day.
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...