polaris

RE: TWFirst Volume III

Sat Jan 06, 2001 8:21 am

TWFirst and LH423...uhmm...can I watch?

(Gotta run...catch up with you on Monday.)

DeltaRNOmd-80

Sat Jan 06, 2001 8:37 am

fanoftristars- do you know what happened to that mormon girl that was going to BYU that was on Real World: New Orleans?? I heard she got kicked out. what did she do wrong??? Just being on MTV is a violation?

LH423

Sat Jan 06, 2001 9:00 am

Yeah, sure Polaris. The more, the merrier. We can have a little soirée. It'll be fun!  

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

DeltaRNOmd-80

Sat Jan 06, 2001 9:07 am

Hey TWA, I just read your question for me towards the bottom of TWFirst Vol. II. In response, I dont get any booby channels (e.g. Playboy TV, Spice Channel, AdulTV, etc) but cinemax and showtime have some good shows on after 11:00 pm, hehe  

iflycoach

Sat Jan 06, 2001 9:10 am

Hell you can watch MTV and see em, watch the Real Life show (forgot its name) about implants.

AerLingus

Sat Jan 06, 2001 1:16 pm

Hosted by Britney Spears, hehe.
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

FLY777UAL

Sat Jan 06, 2001 2:34 pm

Deltarno-
Ever seen "G-String Divas"? It's on HBO After Dark...VERY fascinating...

LOTS of T&A!  

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

iflycoach

Sat Jan 06, 2001 2:39 pm

How about a one year subscription to Playboy at only $15.50 after you throw in shipping!

Great price!

cba

Sat Jan 06, 2001 2:44 pm

You all should watch French TV. I spent the summer in France last year, and they had topless chicks in a lot of commercials. Many women go topless on the beaches there too. The soap/shower commercials in France are the best. They're a lot like the American ones, except they show it all.

Trvlr

Sat Jan 06, 2001 2:56 pm

Yes, the soap commercials in France are VERY revealing. European TV makes MTV look tame.

Aaron G.

TWFirst

RE: LH423/Polaris

Sat Jan 06, 2001 3:01 pm

I think that's called a "menage trois," LH423. And Polaris, you know I've always liked you so you guys just let me know where and when and I'll hop a plane to the northeast  .

And you want a nickname too, LH423? What's your first initial? That should help inspire the creative juices.

Cba: Actually, most of the rest of the world's women go topless, except for Muslim and Asian countries. Only here in repressed America do we make a big deal about covering up boobs. I think that's why guys spend so much energy trying to catch a glimpse of them here. Too bad America was founded by Puritans.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

DeltaRNOmd-80

Sat Jan 06, 2001 3:17 pm

yeah FLY777UAL, I have seen a couple of episodes of that, pretty interesting  

I saw this show called "Shock TV" on HBO. They had bits of television commercials and shows from other countries, such as Brazil, France, UK, Russia, Australia, etc. that showed some nudity, if not two people having intercourse. The point of the shoe I guess was to show people the world of television outside the U.S. After that show, I realized in every country besides the U.S. (and in the middle east) it is not abnormal to have commercials and tv shows, even in primetime, that depict nudity.

OO-VEG

Sat Jan 06, 2001 7:16 pm

TWfirst said: OO-VEG: You just don't understand and realize the quality that's here. This is probably because you are Dutch. The Dutch are big size queens, so it is not surprising to me that you prefer quantity over quality (if you do not understand my humor, ask Donna).

OK I don't get it. Probably I am missing something because I'm Dutch but I don't know what.
Could someone explain???

Iflycoach: Guess I am not physic at al, but you also aren't. You said I still suck. I have my doubts about that, when I was born I sucked sometimes on something but I got over that when I managed how to chew 

It also seems I most of you users didn't like my proposal to post some more. I wasn't aiming on 100 stupid posts but I was aiming on keeping this volume going and maybe starting some good conversations here. Most of the users only post once a week (yes there are exceptions) so it is hard to start a good discussion here.

LH423

Sun Jan 07, 2001 12:26 am

My initals are ET. That should get at least some juices flowing  

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

kLm-Md-11

Sun Jan 07, 2001 7:16 am

Oi...now you got me REALLY mad!!! It's psychic, not physic!!!!! Arrrrrrg...!
      !!!
*sigh* *deep breathe*

TWFirst

RE: LH423/OO-VEG

Sun Jan 07, 2001 8:10 am

OK, I christen you Evelyn

or....

Extra Tight?
Extremely Thoughtful?
Easy Top?

You tell me... 

OO-VEG:

"Size queen" is gay slang meaning you prefer "quantity to quality", if you know what I mean  

(If you don't know what I mean, use your imagination.)

OK, you want quality conversation, how about this:

What do you think of the recent EU summit that made changes to allow for expansion of the union? Do you think the new structure will be fair? How do you feel about Turkey eventually joining? Do you support an eventual political union where the EU would become a federation of member states (similar to the US)? Here's your chance Mr. OO-VEG, show us your brain  .

AerLingus

Sun Jan 07, 2001 1:00 pm

This is post number 757 for me!
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

CPDC10-30

RE: LH423

Sun Jan 07, 2001 2:34 pm

Hey, buddy, if you're considering any of the universities in Toronto (York, U of T, Ryerson) let me know. I'd be a happy host for you  

Montreal is a great party town though, way better than T-DOT.

Later,

Mike

ILUV767

Hello Everyone!

Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:32 pm

Hello Everyone,

I hope that you dont mind if I chime in for a bit.

DeltaRNO, trvlr, fly777ual, and anyone else who likes free t&a on t.v. well down here in Palo Alto cable co-op made all of the channels that you have to pay for free, with the exception of payper view. That was between christmas and new years. Everynight, I watched a good movie...if you know what I mean.  

Fly777ual,
how was your journey around the hubs today? Next week, I may be joyriding out to vegas to hop a DC-10 to ORD, and then back home.

Trvlr

Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:35 pm

Hi David, no one else in online tonight!!! Whats up??

Aaron G.

Trvlr

Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:38 pm

P.S- Everybody, I found the greatest desktop picture:

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Mark Garfinkel

Now if I could only get my sister to stop putting up those stupid Charlie's Angels desktops...

Aaron G.

ILUV767

Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:59 pm

Aaron,
Yeah, the forums are kinda empty tonight.

Hey, if your up right now, and your reading this, call me.

BTW...great picture!

Trvlr

Sun Jan 07, 2001 5:03 pm

Shouldn't call you, my parents bedroom is right next to the computer room, and they, being the normal people they are, have figured out that midnight usually means sleeptime. 

I emailed you though...

Aaron G.

ILUV767

Sun Jan 07, 2001 5:07 pm

I understand. My mom is sleeping with earplugs in. I really dont get the whole earplug thing. I think that it is one of things where she can not sleep thinking of all of the noise created by typing. She sleeps better with them in.

Trvlr

Sun Jan 07, 2001 5:16 pm

It's all a placebo effect. I don't like to have the shutters on my windows open in my room at night, but my cats always open them because they want to look out. I have devised away to "lock" them shot by putting books on a table directly under the pole that you use to open the shutter, so when you try to open in the way my cats do by pulling on the horizontal shutter bars, the shutters don't open because the pole is pushing in vain against the books. It's kind of evil, but oh well. Anyway I always fall asleep better when I know I have "locked" the shutters; If I havent I usually spend an extra 5 minutes awake praying that my cats don't try and open up the windows.

So that's my wierd story.  

Aaron G.

Here's another cool desktop:

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Edward Lai

OO-VEG

Sun Jan 07, 2001 6:37 pm

So I have to show you my brains TWfirst? Well ok.

An answer to you questions about the EU:
I think the new structure is not very good, the EU is using the a similar (by the EU so critisized) system as the USA. That means, every country has a certain number of representatives. But it is somewhere unfair. A country like the Netherlands has 13 votes only 1 vote more than Belgium. That is somehow unfair because we have 6 million more inhabitants and the size of our country is 10% larger. But you could also see these comparisations with larger countries. So the influence for each country is not that good.
Yes I think expansion is good although they sometimes preffer quantity over quality, that means: The EU wants to introduce much poorer countries, they must wait untill those countries are economically more stabile (maybe with help from the EU) otherwise it would affect the economy of the memberstates.
I don't want Turkey to join for 2 reasons.
1. As far as I know 95% of that country is situated in Asia
2. They still have death punishment, don't have all the rights you should have (freedom of your opinion, religion etc).
And your last question: A federation like the US. I hope not. A United states of Europe would be awfull, most Europeans love their own country and I think a war would start if those countries wouldn't exist anymore.
But unfortunately we are going that way. Look at the money we will get next year, bleegh.

OO-VEG

Sun Jan 07, 2001 8:54 pm

Well the post above was some quality.. Wow I didn't know I could be that serious.

BUT, most of you think this forum isn't about quantity. If that is so then WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU ALL AIMING ON 300 POSTS AND 100 DIFFERENT VOLUMES?

Is that not quantity?

TWFirst

RE: OO-VEG

Mon Jan 08, 2001 12:44 am

Nice brain.  

Thank you for your thoughts. It is interesting to learn of your perspective on the subject as you are an EU citizen.

One thought of mine: If the EU were to become the U.S. of Europe, your country would not disappear. On the contrary, the existence of the federation is completely dependent upon each and every state's membership, and each state has its own characteristics and personality. In the US, citizens love their home states. Although I have lived in the State of Minnesota for 10 years, I still consider myself an Illinoisan. The culture between Minnesota and Illinois is quite different in many respects. You wouldn't be any less Dutch in a U.S.E., but you would be more European. The main problem I see for a United States of Europe is language. This is one huge thing that unites our states in our federation. I don't know how you would solve that problem. I think it would be hard to have 3 or 4 or 11 official languages. Maybe their would be one national language, and each state could have its own official language. Don't know.

One other suggestion: don't worry about other people's motivations for contributing here. Just relax. Breathe deeply. Laugh at us silly Americans. Enjoy life and be happy! 

Lindy

Mon Jan 08, 2001 7:46 am

Hi People!!!

Finaly I'm sober so I can give you my trip report.

3 days before New Year Eve I went to Laurey Caverns in Virginia. I had 6 cases of beer and galon of Johny Walker. I was raped by that fat girl from the picture. I came back home New Year Eve. Couldn't handle her anymore.
Conclusions: Dont drink Johny Walker cause they will rape your ass!~

Peace my people
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

us330

Mon Jan 08, 2001 11:12 am

Oh, I feel sorry for you Lindy. Why didn't you offer to take her to the all-you-can-eat buffet somewhere?

That must really stink having a sister like that, Trvlr, fortunately I have a brother, and we happen to agree on most things.

us330 formerly sn330

iflycoach

Mon Jan 08, 2001 12:02 pm

You could have got a carrot stuck it in front of her and put her on a tread mill. Would keep he busy for hours!!!  

Trvlr

Mon Jan 08, 2001 12:08 pm

No, better make it a piece of chocolate cake.

Aaron G.

Us330: Welcome back! Now have you thought long and hard about what you've done??? just kidding lol  

fanoftristars

Mon Jan 08, 2001 1:38 pm

OO-VEG: Sorry you didn't pick up my scarcasm on my original post about quality. Anyway....

DeltaRNO: I think the media tried to make a big deal about that girl from the real world comming back to BYU, her dad was even on a local radio station here discussing the whole situation. If I remember correctly, she ended up not wanting to go to BYU after all. I heard she moved to southern cal, but don't quote me on that. Unfortunatly, she was a real embarrasment to the mormon church, according to me, and I hope none of you think all mormons are like that.

TWFirst: 30 below huh? That's pretty damn cold. I think the coldest I have ever been in was 15 below, and it HURT to be outside. Your whole face would sting. I can only imagine what 30 below would be like. That friend of mine would never stop talking about the Paul Bunyan statue with Babe (is that his ox's name?) I guess it's their claim to fame! My favorite movie that seemed to capture the Minnesota way of life (at least the rural way of life) was Fargo. Did you see that? I loved the pregnant sherrif, and her accent was hillarious. "Is that yer partner there in the wood chipper?" Sorry I have no plans to travel through MSP in the near future, but if I do, I wouldn't mind meeting someone as dynamic as you.  

And about the crazy shows on TV, I saw a few min of Queer as Folk tonight, I had to laugh at some parts, and then had to turn it (the anal stuff is a little much for me). I am amazed at the stuff on TV these days!
"FLY DELTA JETS"

TWFirst

RE: Fanoftristars

Tue Jan 09, 2001 12:23 am

I haven't seen Queer as Folk but I've sure heard enough about it. Believe it or not, I'm not dying to see a gay soap opera  .

Right now it's been about an hour since I heard the AA/TW news, and I'm still recovering. I just called my friend at TW. He seemed really happy about it. He said the general feeling was that just as long as their jobs were guaranteed, everyone at TWA was pretty happy about it.

As far as Fargo, yes I did see it, and yes, it's not that much of a characature of true Minnesota culture! 30 below does hurt by the way, but not as much as the diappearance of TWA.

RE: TW Or Is It AA?

Tue Jan 09, 2001 5:35 am

Shall I call you AAFirst from now on. 

regards,
Carl

P.S.
I changed my user profile for nuthin'.

LH423

Tue Jan 09, 2001 5:50 am

Hey TWfirst, Evelyn here  I'm sure the shock of TWA must be painful, so if you need a young, level-headed, cool, and intelligent person to help you through this traumatic time, let me know, I'm here for you.  

Fargo was an excellent movie, although when I was in the Twin Cities, I didn't notice anyone have accents quite that strong.

I don't think I'm in too big of a rush to see QAF either. Personally, from what I've heard nothing compares to the original, so why would I want to watch a rip-off, when I haven't even seen the original?!?!  

Lindy, I hope getting raped by a 350lb woman was enough to get you do say good bye to your best friend, Mr. J. Daniels   I really feel bad for you!

LH423

N863DA

Tue Jan 09, 2001 8:24 am

Howdy TWFirst. Long time no speak. (was in London for a time - what a disaster, and then didn't do anything for ten days)

Sorry to hear about TWA... I can understand your feelings... in so many ways.   Everyone is offering support for you at this - most traumatic - time, so just add me to the list... 

About QAF... a couple of years ago (I guess last year actually) I got it from a friend on DVD. (Region 1, too) so if you really wanted to see it (tho, trust me, it's nothing too wonderful) just come down to Florida.... oh wait... it's in Tallahassee. never mind, scrap that one....

Had a nightmare trip to London (flightwise) - due to the fact that I was travelling on an buddy pass I couldn't say much either... but still - I don't pay so I shouldn't complain. Was supposed to fly BizElite but I decided at the last minute to change my flights - so ended up in Coach!!! (Not a pleasant experience - I really sound like a snob, don't I??!?!?)

Other than that (and you've probably had enough with my moaning, too) I had a good time in London seeing friends and 'acquaintances' shall we say, again. Christmas day was an experience, with family coming from Perth, (of all places) NY and other places, all converging on London.

Other than that, can't think of much really. Hope your new year hasn't been tarnished too badly by today's events...

My only New Year's resolution is to learn Spanish fluently so I can understand the rest of my family when they talk... (the NY variety) - I can read it and understand it no probs, but my talking to others is a bit on the slow side. Gotta get that going better!!!!

Speak to y'all soon.

FLY DELTA JETS and sail UNITED STATES LINES

me.

twa
Topic Author

Off Topic

Tue Jan 09, 2001 11:10 am

GOD I HATE AMERICAN AIRLINES!!!!!

I wanted to see TWA become the worlds best airline once again.

TWA

LH423

Tue Jan 09, 2001 11:12 am

N863DA, I think I was referring to a "different" type of support than you'd want to consider  

LH423

DeltaSFO

Tue Jan 09, 2001 11:36 am

Hey guys, can I play?

DeltaSFO
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

Lindy

Tue Jan 09, 2001 1:26 pm

Well, I found one good little thing about being raped by that monster  
She didnt stick anything into my ass  

BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Lindy

Tue Jan 09, 2001 1:30 pm

There is another thing. I can't say good bye to Johny, him and Jack are my only friends in this crazy world hehe   I'm really enjoying being with the company of those two gentelmens  

I love Johny W. and I love Jack D. but unfortunately I'm not gay 

:D
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

DeltaSFO

Tue Jan 09, 2001 1:33 pm

I'm partial to Jack, myself. He and I had a real bonding experience on New Year's Eve.

DeltaSFO
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

dk

Tue Jan 09, 2001 10:45 pm

Lindy: Don't worry, if you keep up the love fest with Johnny and Jack you will soon turn gay!!:D Just remember that love will see you through....

Evelyn: Welcome..nice to see another flower blooming in here....although I don't know if I'd call Blanche a flower..maybe a.....well I won't start today.. 

D.

OH-LGA

Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:02 am

Well,

I didn't get on in the first one so I might as well join in on this one.

Hm... random ramblings, I'm listening to Faith Hill's "The Way You Love Me (Love to Infinity Love Remix)" thanks to Napster, I use it solely to get songs that aren't available to the general public (like remixes).

In other music related news, a new record was set in the United Kingdom's singles chart on Sunday. Mixed boy/girl pop group Steps, signed to Ebul/Jive (PWL) gained 70 places in the top 75 singles chart to arrive at #2 on the week of it's official release. Last week a few shops put singles that were not supposed to go on sale until January 1st, 2001 (the stores had wanted them before Christmas so shipping problems would be nonexistent). As the UK charts are on artificial lows following the big Christmas chart, even though they only sold 980 copies, Steps arrived at #72 on the Dec. 31 chart.

To pop back in here Steps are my band of choice as I love music you can dance to (hence why I get remixes! ) I also like a little bit of UK garage (Trvlr you know what I'm talking about!) and very little of the US pop scene (all garbage, esp. that Christina Aguilera... *shudders*

Well, I'm off to finish reading "The Sound and the Fury" by William Faulkner for English... what a horrible book... and to think I actually chose it, well you know what they say, you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Moi,
Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

TWFirst

RE: My Cyberbuddies

Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:42 am

Evelyn: Au contraire. I'm pretty sure N863DA would indeed like that kind of support (read his posts closely). When were you in the Twin Cities?? You mean you didn't even give me a call or anything? You rude bitch.  

Benny boy! (N863DA): How the heck are you my snobby Limey/Floridian friend ?? Glad to hear you had fun "reacquainting" yourself in London, so to speak  . Hope school is going well. Would love for you to join us here some more and fill us in on the goings on of your world.

Lindy: Don't knock it until you've tried it. IMO, if our asses were meant to be "exit only," it wouldn't feel so damned good to stick things in there (or so I'm told). 

DeltaSFO: I think you asked to play at the wrong time Pat . There was lots of innuendo going on when you popped in  .

DK: Johnny is definitely a tribal drink, but Jack?? I thought that was a "real man's" poison   . BTW, my petals have all fallen off with the tragic news of late. I'm a lone stem, swaying in the breeze, devoid of any expression or beauty. Withering... longing.... searching for an aviation garden in which to bloom...

N863DA

Wed Jan 10, 2001 6:16 am

LOL LH423... perhaps I am becoming just tooooooo subtle with my innuendos and preferences? Trust me, that kinda support I was quite prepared to give... Would you like me to just scream out at the top of my voice that I had such good sex in England I forgot why I was even there until Christmas Eve? See, I didn't think it needed that....  It definately made up for the somewhat lackluster (lacklustre?) 'Delta experience'.

God bless the [kinda] laidback attitudes in London. The one thing I will say, and I apologize in advance if it offends anyone at all, there are a LOT of queens etc. in the pubs there, which really, really isn't my scene. I don't have a problem with it, but it really isn't my kinda thing...

Anyway, moving on to once again more subtle things, 'my world' (you make it seem so - not as boring as it really is...) is relatively stable at the moment. I start flying soon, so then I won't be able to see Florida as much as I've been doing recently (my car's now at 9500 miles) but I have another month to see Tallahassee & Ft. Lauderdale intimately. Then I have to settle down. (Do I have to?!??!?!)

I am sorry to hear 'bout the great weather you are having up there... let's see... the temperature was 71 degrees yesterday!! Ho ho ho. Gorgeous sunshine all day (apart from the rainy spells.) Today it's only 55 tho. And in Tallahassee it hit freezing last night!

Other than that, can't think of anything else really. My whole family appears to be taking the whole 'Delta Pilot Dispute' very personally... that's right Dad, it's all to spite you...  He always moans like hell about 'When I was just a rookie flying DC-9s...' Are all old people like that??!?!?! 

Speak to you all soon. Look forward to hearing from you... email if you want to.

Later y'all.....

N 8 6 3 D A

TWFirst

RE: N863DA

Wed Jan 10, 2001 6:25 am

Ho ho ho indeed Mr. Ben   

I'll be back in FLL on 1/18 through the weekend. I have tickets on TWA. Hopefully I'll actually be flying on them . Are you gonna be anywhere near there?

I sense a different attitude from you Ben. A little more confident. A little more cynical. It's nice. You seem in control. Congratulations on starting flying. I haven't been paying much attention to the Delta thing, other than hearing they're cutting their schedule back for the next 3 months.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

BTW, the e-mail address you have for me is no longer valid. I can't remember if you have my work address.

LH423

Wed Jan 10, 2001 6:53 am

Sorry, TWfirst but the last time I was in the Twin Cities was long before this mass of two-tone blue popped up on my computer screen. In fact it was November 1997. Next time I come (which I don't know when that will be), I will look you up, and console your breaking heart 

Ummm, I still don't think I understand what you meant there N863DA, but oh well. I didn't notice any subtlty (sp?), but maybe I'm not reading close enough. Tell us ALL about your sexual rompings in London. Don't leave out a detail!  I may have used an emoticon, but I'm serious, I want to hear  Okay, I'm not serious, but if you want to tell, go ahead!  

LH423

N863DA

Wed Jan 10, 2001 6:57 am

Andy,

Nope - I don't think I do have a new address for you... I only have the old one. Feel free to email it to me if you want... (go on, tell me, you don't have mine...? )

As to the 'new me' - I am flattered - truly. I would like to think that finally I sorted it out in my mind and just thought 'screw it' to the rest of the world. As to the cynical part, you mean I wasn't before?!?!?   Maybe it's because I am no longer on the Redneck Riviera?

As to that weekend (a week and a half away, correct?) I wil let you know... it is very possible that indeed I will be down.

And you know what? What you said to Lindy in your post a couple back made me truly smile...  

Speak soon.

N 8 6 3 D A