ILUV767

RE: TWFirst Volume III

Thu Jan 11, 2001 3:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

Well, I can see that most of this conversation currently is about education, but there is something that is bothering me...I just got in a fight with my parents...an actual fight. I was pretty freaked out.

it was a dark and stormy night,
and my french tutor called at about 8:15.
Two minutes later someone else called, the call was for my dad. I did not answer it. My mom did. This is where the fun begins.

First of all...Let me give you a description of my mom.
She is 5'2", and weighs 110 lbs. She broke her back working as a nurse 14 years ago. There is now a steal rod in her back. ;(

Anyway, my mom,well, she goes to bed at about 7:30 at night. Pretty early huh? I think so. She has an old rotery dial phone next to her bed. Everytime some one calls, she is woken(sp?) up. She wanted to know about who called me.

I told her that it was my tutor, and that I was not going to discusses it with her at the moment. She was half asleep, and inable to think clearly. She seemed to try to pick the conversation out of me. I sarted to sound like a parent to a child, and took an autoritative tone, and said "We are not going to have this discussion right now"

I may have gotten very frustrated at my mom, and was getting angry. I told her what my tutor wanted, and then my mom is trying to schedule my whole life around it. I'm perfictly capable of handling my own lifes affairs.

We started to scream and shout, and she put in her ear plugs. Cute huh?

My dad took a bottle of advil and smashed it down on to the kitchen floor, spilling the contents everywhere.

Right here, I do not want to elaborate on the events that took place.

After a few minutes...I was out the door. If I brought a jacket with me, I could of stayed out for the rest of teh night.

I'm pissed right now.

OO-VEG

Thu Jan 11, 2001 5:17 pm

Well, I am pretty late with this but hey, you guys have been posting like idiots while I were sleeping. So if you want to know what I am talking about, go back some 30 posts.

But to the point now. TWfirst, you think I am slang and innuendo (or whatever that may be). So I am clueless.
Well I have to congratulate you it seems it starts affecting you to because I don't have a clue what you are talking about..

ILUV767: Wow you had to stay outside for the night??? Well sometimes parents are just big little children. If you don't give them what they want they get mad. The problem is they are still older than you so it is hard to come out as a winner.

DeltaSFO

N863DA, OH-LGA, ILUV767

Thu Jan 11, 2001 10:30 pm

N863DA... Thanks for the intro.... I would be right at home at a school that eats and sleeps aviation... especially with a DAL twist.  

OH-LGA.... Sure... I'll take a tour of whatever you guys bring in. As far as music, I listen to everything except country. Right now, I'm into jazz... I'm especially intrigued by the work of Keith Jarrett. Awesome pianist.

ILUV767... Keep your chin up, kid. Things always turn out okay.

DeltaSFO
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

dk

Thu Jan 11, 2001 11:25 pm

Dear God....a few threads back some of you were talking about AGE and you thought anyone over 30-35 was OLD!!! I guess now I will have to morph from D for Donna to D for Dinosaur!!!!! Arrrrrrggggg....!

Oh well I knew it would have to happen sometime...Blanche where are you when I need you....?

Lindy your exploits are just getting better...:D Maybe I should start relating some of my exploits from years back when I was YOUNGER...since I'm so old now I can't have them anymore!!! 

D...to D...to D!!!!!

DeltaSFO

Thu Jan 11, 2001 11:26 pm

From my point of view, it's all downhill after 21. I mean, what fun is it when it's legal? 

DeltaSFO

dk

Thu Jan 11, 2001 11:56 pm

Very good point DeltaSFO!! However wait until you're over 21..then your viewpoint will change!! 

Trvlr

Fri Jan 12, 2001 12:20 am

David: Maybe you should come down to San Diego this Saturday so everyone can cool off a bit.

Aaron G.

Fri Jan 12, 2001 2:07 am

Folks I don't have much to say but I just wanna share with u that I loved my first 777 flights !!!
VIVA 777 and VIVA AIR FRANCE

B737-700

Lindy

Fri Jan 12, 2001 2:42 am

My first flight on B777 was also on Air France CDG-IAD
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

TWFirst

Fri Jan 12, 2001 2:54 am

Well, I suppose another bright spot about the American takeover of TWA is that American has 777's. Also, I learned today the the equivalent status in the Aadvantage program of Aviators Elite 1 is called "Platinum" (50,000 miles). However, I was reading a little about AAdvantage's upgrade policy, and it sounds pretty convoluted compared to TWA's.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

N863DA

Fri Jan 12, 2001 3:10 am

Cheer up Andy. It could be a lot worse - if Delta were absorbing TWA (which, thank god, they're not) you'd lose all your perks.

Platinum Medallion (the equivalent of Elite 1 I guess) means jack* in some ways with Delta. You don't get complimentary upgrades unlike they advertize unless you are in Y or M class... fortunately I don't have to deal with that, but the SkyMiles program is the worst out there as far as the majors go... so AA can be no worse than DL on the Frequent Flyer front.

Do you always get upgraded on TWA? Wouldn't happen on DL...

Will come back later. Gotta go do laundy. (whoohoo)

me.

TWFirst

RE: N863DA

Fri Jan 12, 2001 3:28 am

With Elite 1 status (50,000 actual miles flown in calendar year), you request to be put on the automatic upgrade queue when you make your reservation. You can confirm your upgrade 72 hours ahead of your flight.
Upgrades are unlimited. No certificates required, and TWA's First Class sections are bigger than American's (16 seats on a 717/DC9, 20 seats on an MD80, 22 seats on a 757, 24 on a 762, and 30 on a 767ER).

N863DA

Fri Jan 12, 2001 3:50 am

I retract my former statement. Your Elite 1 is equivalent to Gold Medallion in what you have to do to get there, and far above Platinum Medallion in what you get once you're there in the form of perks.

Like I said, SkyMiles needs some work...... It's really terrible. Do you get access on your Elite 1 to the Ambassador's Club (or the TWA equivalent?) See, Gold Medallion don't....

Either way, American's AAdvantage is better than SkyMiles....

Speak to you later.

me.

TWFirst

RE: Ben

Fri Jan 12, 2001 4:10 am

No, no access to Ambassadors Club, but I have a membership to the Ambassadors Club, which was dirt cheap ($200). Anyway, thanks for helping me feel better.

N863DA

Fri Jan 12, 2001 4:45 am

Sorry, I made the conversation rather mundane with all this Frequent Flyer talk....

DeltaSFO... if you want to e-mail me about Riddle, feel free... my email is somewhere in the above mass of text. If you can find it, you can use it!

You will all be thrilled to know that I have now finished my laundry, and I'm now going down to the gym (your idea Andy...) to get some exercise in. Or maybe I'll just do a load of sit-ups here... who knows.

Either way, in your words, time for some 'eye-candy'. (and some food more importantly.) Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

b.

DeltaSFO

Fri Jan 12, 2001 4:58 am

Thanks N863DA.... I'm going to go ahead and do that....

While I'm here, I'll defend SkyMiles. If you're a Platinum Medallion, you can reserve an upgrade, from any fare except L, any time in advance. If F is full, you go on a priority waitlist. Free Crown Room membership, all kinds of other stuff. So we're not all that stingy, TWFirst. 

DeltaSFO

Trvlr

Fri Jan 12, 2001 7:26 am

Platinum is actually pretty good on the AA FF plan. You get a lot of perks. I'm hoping now that with the TWA/AA deal, I may be able to get into the TWA Ambassador's Club at SAN before TWA switches to AA's terminal. Speaking of which, Andy, have you ever been to the Ambassador's Club at SAN?? If so, is it ok? Thanks for any info.

David: Dude, email me back or I'll have to call you (before 7:30).

Aaron G.

OH-LGA

Fri Jan 12, 2001 7:59 am

Aaron: You? Call David? SHOCK! 

David: That didn't sound very fun... you all right? I'm always just a phone call away if you need to talk to someone. But moms have some sort of instinct that they need to take care of their... um... offspring   So I reccomend just sitting down and talking for awhile, tell her exactly what's on your mind and then work out some sort of compromise.

Like the always wise DeltaSFO said, Keep your chin up, things always turn out okay!

DeltaSFO: Sure... I'd love to take you on a tour... but remember first I have to be hired... and that's still probably a couple months away  I also like listening to most kinds of music (excepting rap and country), right now I'm getting all of those airline theme songs (like British Airways, United Airlines, etc.) and those are mostly classical. I am a big fan of classical music, but I also like the drum machines and electronic musical equipment (sorry David, I know how much you despise drum machines  )

And one more thing, which college is this that has this Aeronautical Business Studies? I think I may just have found a college for me after I finish my GE reqs.

Moi,
Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

DeltaSFO

Fri Jan 12, 2001 8:06 am

Always wise? Thanks, I'm flattered. I've never been referred to as a source of wisdom. Makes me feel..... old. Now how scary is that.

I'm going to go fight Ceilidh, the CalWings guy, in the Delta/Continental thread. He actually thinks CO is more likely to take over DL than the other way around. The nerve of some people.

DeltaSFO

fanoftristars

Fri Jan 12, 2001 10:05 am

WOW! Many posts have transpired since I was last with you. Well everyone, I'm sure you'll be glad to know that I am finally getting that snow storm that I have wanted so badly. Yippie. It should snow off and on now through monday. I went snowboarding today and it was really windy and you could see the clouds comming! When I left park city, it had began to snow.

TRVLR: How is Sandiego? Mission Beach was on the weather channel regarding the storm that is passing through southern calif. High surf....

A friend of mine invited me to go to southern calif this weekend, but maybe I won't go because of the weather. Plus I'll make a lot of money this weekend at the resort, and get some good riding in.

Later folks!
"FLY DELTA JETS"

us330

Fri Jan 12, 2001 12:48 pm

Is it me or does Dallas, outside of corporate and business stuff, in terms of things to do, really suck?
There is nothing to do here, unless you are over 18. Heck, why this city was even founded is not known. No purpose for the location at all. Yeah, we are on a river, the Trinity swamp, cause it doesn't really flow and the river banks are just sewers and breeding grounds for all sorts of nasty stuff.
As soon as I graduate I am getting the heck out of this hellhole.

Trvlr

Fri Jan 12, 2001 2:58 pm

San Diego, I'll have to admit, is a pretty damn good place to live. GREAT weather, growing economy, by an ocean very rich, and lots to do. For me, the two worst things about it are the crappy airport and the related indecision towards siting a new one, and the fact that there are really no good dance clubs and stuff like that for people under 16, so you can't really go out much until you get a driver's licence. However, because I don't pay the bills yet, I miss some important downsides, like:

-Outrageous housing prices
-Electricity Crises
-Traffic

Plus there are many local issues that I am concerned with, but no city is free of those. Right now our biggest concern is lowering electricity prices.

But still, I wouldn't live anywhere else... 

Aaron G.

P.S.-The biggest part of the storm happened last night, and it was potentially dangerous for some regions affected by a recent wildfire, as the sudden dumping of several inches of rain on the devegetated landscape could cause mudslides. We should get a little bit more rain tomorrow, but Saturday should be fine, with maybe a shower or two on Monday.

DeltaSFO

Fri Jan 12, 2001 10:11 pm

YES! Dallas is a hellhole! I'm going to PDX today to visit the family. My parents are in the process of divorcing.... so that's never fun.

Sunday I'm back to the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area. I can't wait.

Fanoftristars... you going to come out to our little gathering whenever we do it?

DeltaSFO

Fri Jan 12, 2001 10:42 pm

Oh shitty day !!
Damn geography test today.

Anyone got good ideas to calm down ???

Lindy

Sat Jan 13, 2001 1:43 am

B737-700 I got great idea how to calm down! Just start studying hehehe  

Ok, here is mine question. Last few days the topic here was about FF programs etc. My question is:
- Can I change dates or hours on my ticket if I got it from my frequent flyer miles????
That ticket is from USAirways, I got it for my trip to NYC next month  
But something came up and ehhh long story. Nevermind, so can I change it?

PS-Yesterday on ICQ some Brazilian chick started talking to me. She said that she's in Potomac, she came here not too long ago and shes looking for some friends from our area. I've asked her where exactly she lives, and in fact she is almost my neighbour   3 minutes driving from my house to her's !!! Shes 25 so I can show her how to quickly find G-Spot  
Damn, I'm so excited!!!!!
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

DeltaSFO

Sat Jan 13, 2001 1:51 am

Lindy....

Answer my question please   What did you tell the girls you fly? 

Go over there and show her how to find it! I have to wait until Sunday night when I get home to SFO to see my girlfriend. 

DeltaSFO

Trvlr

Sat Jan 13, 2001 2:08 am

We should ask Hassin how is relationship with the PAL A340 that 'deflowered' him is going   .

Aaron G.

us330

Sat Jan 13, 2001 2:34 am

Lindy, if ever you come to Dallas, spend an evening in the Bachman Lake/Northwest Highway area. Lots of strip joints there. Whenever I go to DFW, I have to drive right past it.

Lindy

Sat Jan 13, 2001 3:18 am

DeltaSFO

When I'm telling them that I fly for TWA my hub is at IAD and I am copilot on B757 flying mostly to Florida and Carabien  
When I'm telling them that I fly for USAirways my hub is at DCA and I am FO on A319/320, but before I was pilot on B727 and they sent me for training to Tolouse in France. And when I retire I'm planing to move to Paris cause this is very beautyfull and nice city (thats bullcrap I'm giving them).

When I was with USAirways, and when I was coming home from work on the ramp. I always stoped at 7-11 near my house where all chicks always hangout.
That time I was one of the best mechanics for USAirways at IAD. My speciality was avionics and engine overhoul.

Thats about all.

Ok, coming back to my first question. Can I change my damn dates on the ticket?????
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Re: Lindy

Sat Jan 13, 2001 3:28 am

Hahahahahaha, LINDY two good ones in a row !!
You gotta be cool.

Show her the way to it.

B737-700

LH423

Sat Jan 13, 2001 3:37 am

Hehehe, Lindy you crack me up! 

Damn, I finally remembered the one thing I hate about winter! The colds! Yep, that's right, I've got a cold, and it couldn't be any better timed, seeing as I'm right in the middle of my mid-term exams. Why now? Why now? Argh, anyways back to the studying! Well, not really, I'm going to savour the fact that I have a three day weekend, and it's only 13.35 and I'm home.

I would just like to throw in a quick apology to all. Me and TWfirst had a little "instant message" session on this board, and seeing as he'll never apologize, I'll do it on his and my behalf!  

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Sat Jan 13, 2001 3:57 am

Hola !

I just wanna mention that I'm new to these forums.
Looks like a lot of fun.

Porteño

TWFirst

RE: LH423

Sat Jan 13, 2001 4:50 am

Hey Evvie, I'll apologize up and down if need be, but why do we need to? We're allowed to instant message each other here if we want. We're special  .

What I WILL apologize for is not yet responding to your last e-mail. The past 36 hours have been mucho hectic. I've got lots to say though, so be prepared when I actually do get around to forcing my tired ass to reply to you.

Later.

LH423

Sat Jan 13, 2001 5:37 am

Hey, damn straight (no pun intended  ) we're special   Don't worry about the e-mail. Believe me, I know hectic, so whenever you get around to it, that's fine. Hmmm, Evvie, eh? I see I'm getting nicknames for my nicknames! Wow!  

Hey Porteño, bienvenidos! I hope that's right, I don't speak Spanish!   Anyways, welcome to TWfirst, just about the only place on the Non_av forun where everything does go! I actually don't recall the Administrator ever deleting a post from any TWfirst post. Hmmm, food for thought. Anyways, I digress. Welcome, have fun, and post frequently. It'll take you a while to get the hang of it, but it's pretty fun when you do.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

TWFirst

RE: Ms. E. T. Thang

Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:13 am

Hey, I just noticed that two "V's" side-by-side look like a "W". Amazing, isn't it??

But I see that you knew the nickname for your nickname is indeed E-V-V-I-E (rhymes with "Chevy") as opposed to "E-W-I-E" (would rhyme with "chewy" I suppose).

Brings a little song to my head...

"...rammed my Chevy into Evvie but Ms. Evvie was dry. Those good old boy were drinking whisky and... "

Oh who cares what else they were drinking... If they were drinking whisky and were cute, that's all that matters! Now where'd they go??...

Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:46 am

Getting time for a new version, isn't it ???
TWFirst IV

TWFirst

RE: B737-700

Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:51 am

Heck no. We've got another 100 posts or so to go (300 has traditionally been the limit).

Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:12 am

I'm back on the 3rd volume.

TurboTristar

twa
Topic Author

Hello Guys

Sun Jan 14, 2001 3:46 am

Hello Guys, I am back on this Thread after some needed rest & stress relief.

TurboTristar, Wlecome In  

TWA

LH423

Mon Jan 15, 2001 12:22 am

This post, aside from the various Self Picture threads, is easily the most viewed post, with over 1 100 views in 14 days! WAY TO GO TWFIRST VOLUME III.

Still sick. Hey, why aren't one of you en route to care for me?!! C'mon let's get on it!  

LH423

SQA340

Mon Jan 15, 2001 4:26 am

Well so this is a fourm within a fourm. Nice job keeping it alive and running.

David: Sorry that you got in a fight with your parents. You have a french tutor? Mabye I should think about getting one. We are on foods, how about your class?

That is pure luck you have G period as a prep, On thursdays, its like a half day!

Mike

twa
Topic Author

SQA340

Mon Jan 15, 2001 4:36 am

Thank You for stopping by  

TWA

P.S. Nice Colors

us330

Mon Jan 15, 2001 4:43 am

David, it is only a fight. Look, I have a fight with my parents just about every week and do you see me complaining? Get used to it. It is just a part of growing up.

SQA340

Mon Jan 15, 2001 4:44 am

TWA

Hey, if you want to change the color of your text this is what you can do..

(font color="yellow/blue/etc.")

Text Body

(/font)

Replace the ( ) parenthsies whith carrots < > .

I used paraenthsies because if I used the carrots, the code wouldnt show.

SQA340

I hate AA too. Long live TWA!!!!

twa
Topic Author

Mon Jan 15, 2001 5:00 am

Heya SQA340, I'm having some problems with the font, But We'll figure it out.

I'm adding you to my Respected Users List since you hate Un-American Airlines to  

TWA

SQA340

Mon Jan 15, 2001 5:10 am

LONG LIVE T W A!!

Hey, thanks man! Check your profile!

SQA340

BH346

Mon Jan 15, 2001 5:14 am

I don't like Un-American Airlines, either. Not just because of this AA/TWA thing, but because its sorta their fault that it costs too much to fly out of Wichita because they got Vanguard to stop their DFW-ICT flights. It costs over $200 just to fly to Kansas City ( ), which is where we drive to if we want to fly. Now, if this AA/TWA thing pulls through, I hear the fare may be higher! AA isn't very nice to ICT! Sorry to AA lovers out there, but I'm starting to get tired! I wanna see TWA go on! The only good thing that will come out of this is if this thing goes through, they're going to have to fight ichan in court, and I'm sure AA can hire some good lawyers that will beat ichan in court! But I'd rather see TWA go on. TWA forever!!!

BH346
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

Mon Jan 15, 2001 3:46 pm

These rampant airline deals will only contribute to the rapid decline of morality in America.

iflycoach

Mon Jan 15, 2001 3:56 pm

Who do you think this Dr. Laura person running around the fourm really is?

Mon Jan 15, 2001 3:59 pm

Who do YOU think it is?

Just wait until I am able to respect people in my profile!

-Go do the right thing!
L.S.