Lindy

RE: TWFirst Volume III

Thu Jan 18, 2001 3:51 am

sodomized????? she wasnt virgin when I met her. and she said that she wanna try everything!
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

LH423

Thu Jan 18, 2001 3:59 am

I never said she was a virgin, although I remember you saying she was. Nevermind. Anyways, what I meant is that some might be offended by you saying you f*cked a 16 year old up her ass. Me not being one of those people.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

dk

RE: Blanche...

Thu Jan 18, 2001 4:04 am

Them's fightin words Bi.......ch!!!!  And yes I did mean Ms. Bankhead however I was a little too young to remember her in the 50's....!!!

Evelyn: I don't think it's pathetic to like Celine, she's a great singer and I like her too...however I'm sure the big B will have something to say about it!!!

Lindy: I'm still gonna vote for you for President!!!

Lindy

Thu Jan 18, 2001 4:09 am

Yeah, I tough she was but she wasnt hehe and who might be offended ??? Gay community??? What if shes pregnant and I will marry her? hehe
thats my problem and her

BWIADCA - Nikon D100

LH423

Thu Jan 18, 2001 4:38 am

Lindy:I'm sorry, but that sounds so stereotypical Polish...I know you can take the piss about being Polish, that's they only reason I'm mentioning this, but how exactly do you think you were going to get her pregnant by butt-f*cking her?   I don't know who you'd offend, some people are strange. No big deal though. Take it easy man!

Donna:I know it's not pathetic, just she doesn't really fit into my musical genre. Then again, I don't think I really have a certain music style that I listen to. Look at my CD collection and you'd be quite surprised to see how diverse it is, although you'll quickly notice my favourite band, U2, by the number of CD's I have of them. Oh, and don't worry about Mr. Minnesota, I'll handle him if he starts acting up.

« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Lindy

Thu Jan 18, 2001 4:48 am

LH423 I didnt mean that I can make her pregnant using backdoor.
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

LH423

Thu Jan 18, 2001 5:14 am

I know you didn't Lindy, it was just funny how it looked like that!

For you Lindy!

LH423

Lindy

Thu Jan 18, 2001 5:27 am

and for you LH423, when I was 8years old during my first comunion (or whatever you call that)  

BWIADCA - Nikon D100

LH423

Thu Jan 18, 2001 5:37 am

WOW!!! Awww, Lindy you were such a cute kid   hehe, are all you Polish this cute?

LH423

us330

Thu Jan 18, 2001 12:47 pm

Damn Lindy, is that all you do on the weekends, get laid?!?!

Trvlr

Thu Jan 18, 2001 1:48 pm

Seems like it, yeah.

Aaron G.

TWFirst

RE: Lindy, All

Thu Jan 18, 2001 9:55 pm

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN....

Your host here...

I would just like to point out that ONLY in "TWFirst Vol. III" can you find stimulating, intelligent conversation that moves from teenage buttsex to Polish jokes to first communion pictures in the blink of an eye. Now I ask you, where else on airliners.net can you find this intellectual goldmine??? NOWHERE I tell you!! I think we should congratulate ourselves on elevating the quality of airliners.net through the pooling of our amazing brainpower. This thread rules!!!

Seriously guys, this thread is getting so damned funny. I think we should all host a late night talk show together or something .

Lindy: that picture looks like your parents dressed you in a nice suit, and then as a joke you stole your little sister's dress and put it on over your suit    .

(I know that's called a "surplice". Believe it or not I was once an altar boy a long time ago.)

BTW, I thought practicing religion was banned back when the Eastern European countries were communist. Was this not the case in Poland??

I'm glad you enjoyed your buttsex experience .

Well, guys, I'm flying down to FLL in about 2 hours. If I don't talk to you over the weekend, I'll catch you guys on Monday.

Peace bro's.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

[email protected]

Fri Jan 19, 2001 12:40 am

Hmmm, my first post in this topic.
A great oppertunety to find out if the rolling text works.

Forgive me for not having the time to read all the posts so far here, but can someone briefly tell me how to add pictures in my posts?

[email protected]
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

[email protected]

Fri Jan 19, 2001 12:44 am

A great oppertunity to see if the rolling text works...well it didn't.
HELP!!
I replaced the() with<> and that still didn't work.

[email protected] (not rolling)  

"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

us330

Fri Jan 19, 2001 2:24 am

TWFirst, you are so damned right!

fanoftristars

Fri Jan 19, 2001 2:34 am

[email protected]: In order to post pictures you put in this:

(img src="http://www.whatever.jpg") and replace the ( ) with < > and you've got it.

As far as the scrolling text goes, I don't know but look up a few posts and read SQA340's and BH 346's posts and they expain all that fancy mumbo jumbo.

I am still sick with this stupid cold, and I wish I wasn't because I wanted to go snowboarding today, and I havn't done my swimming workout since saturday! It totally SUCKS! I am pretty anal about getting my swims in because if I don't, my horrible eating habits propell me into gaining the lbs! I am trying to stay at 160lbs, and I weighed 162 this am! Maybe I'll go swimming today anyway....

So, does anyone have any good ideas of good things to eat, that are filling and that would be healthy? This lady I work with who also swims and runs, is trying to get me to start this diet with all of these protien shakes and balance bars etc. She says I'll be wooped into shape in no time at all and probably drop to 155. I don't want to be total muscle, but I wan't to be real cut if you know what I mean. I have a nice physique now, but it could be better if I lost a few lbs off of my stomach and @ss. So any ideas? What's a good way to stay away from the krispy kremes and dominoes pizza?

Later friends...
"FLY DELTA JETS"

Lindy

Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:23 am

Sometime on weekends am working on my computers at home. But Feb.3rd I'm going back to SC and next weekend Feb 10th I'm flying to NYC for nice party hehehe
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

LH423

Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:45 am

TWFirst:Absolutely false. Today Poland is the most devout country on Earth, with at least 50% of its adult population attending mass at least once a week. That's roughly 15-20 million people. Although Communism did frown on religion, especially Catholicism because of the fear that people would in fact follow the Pope, rather than them. Stalin himself even said that putting communism on Poland was like putting a saddle on a cow. It just doesn't make sense. Even though Poland was a satellite nation, they always did things a little different than Moscow, and there was no way Poland was giving up it's religion just because a moustached weirdo in Russia said that they had to. Is this pretty much correct Lindy?

As for this post: This is easily my favourite place to come on the internet. The posts are usually very humorous, and the banter that goes on between members is great. For this thread, and future TWFirst threads only, I will replace my ubiquitous ending of "LH423" for my official TWFirst name "Evvie", short for Evelyn. I love it here, it's my home away from home, when I'm at home...er, nevermind 

Evvie

Lindy

Fri Jan 19, 2001 5:11 am

Yeap, thats pretty much. But right now people in Poland doesnt give a damn about church, maybe 20-30% Our president used to be one of bigest comunists in my country. Church is to united God with people not for politics. I hate those damn priest in Poland. Hell with them. When I was a kid (early 80s) my father was officer in Polish Army

I have to go home., I will continue this post from my home

later!
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

LH423

Fri Jan 19, 2001 5:46 am

Oh that's right TWFirst!!! You're going to Florida. Well, I know one little Minnesotan gettin his own piece of derrière this weekend!  

LH423

imkeww

Fri Jan 19, 2001 7:23 am

Salutations all, and let me bienvenue myself to this wacky thread. Came back from classes earlier this afternoon, and finally spent some time reading this controversial thread. It's uproarious!

Lindy has the most ridiculous stories. He reminds me of a happy-go lucky fratboy! BTW, Lindy, you looked like Dennis the Menace when you were a kid! (I remember that movie from a long time ago).

Peas out folks,
-imk

LH423

Fri Jan 19, 2001 7:44 am

LOL, I was just going to say how much Lindy resembled that kid from Dennis the Menace, but dammit if you didn't beat me to it!  Smile

LH423

Lindy

Fri Jan 19, 2001 7:51 am

continuation from my previous post...

Yeap, thats pretty much. But right now people in Poland doesnt give a damn about church, maybe 20-30% Our president used to be one of bigest comunists in my country. Church is to united God with people not for politics. I hate those damn priest in Poland. Hell with them. When I was a kid (early 80s) my father was officer in Polish Army and they had that rule that their kids couldnt go to church.
But my parents (and parents of my friends whos dads were in army) said "Hell No" "If our kids wanna go to the church we cant stop them"
So I went to first communion. Around 5th grade elementary school I got smarter. I said to myself "Wait a minute, why the hell I'm wasting my time and listening that crap over and over again???"
In Poland you have subject in school called RELIGION. You have it in Elementary school and high school. This is like other classes, biology or math. 45 minutes to do your homework or other stuff. But since I had a fist fight with priest in 5th grade I skip that class till 8th grade. In 8th grade you have another stupid celebration. Priest is asking you some stupid questions, if you answer to them you have green light to be... (and I dont know how you call that in english, in polish it is BIERZMOWANIE). Thats some stupid thing, you are going to the church, you have to pick one person to be your "like godfather" and you standing like in labor camp and priest is walking by, putting some shit on your head and giving you 3rd name!!! When they baptist you, you get two names, and in 8th grade third one. My names are Rafal Lukasz Pawel hehehehe
After that I was in the church few more times. When my sister was getting married, when I was gotfather for my sister son. And few times here in USA to pick up some sluts.

Thats all about my very religious life

BWIADCA - Nikon D100

polaris

Fri Jan 19, 2001 7:59 am

Tallulah?! I've NEVER had a nickname (that I hadn't given myself and, believe me, I've given myself a few good ones)! And now my nickname has a nickname (or two). I better go back and find out who I am... Tallulah, though?! I'm not really a Tallulah!

Tallulah Bankhead. She was also one of the "fiends" in the original Batman series, wasn't she?

Tallulah's Cabaret. A bar in Toronto.

Oil Wresting Tonight: Tallulah & Blanche (or is that earl wrassling?)

Lindy

Fri Jan 19, 2001 8:00 am

and I was like Dennis. Damn, how many windows I smashed with rocks, how many animals I harrased.

Imkeww my stories are ridiculous ? then dont read them
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

LH423

Fri Jan 19, 2001 8:06 am

That "bierzmowanie" in English is known as your "Confirmation" Simply put it's the Catholic Church officially recognizing you, so later on you can get married and that stuff. I never got confirmed, don't plan on it either. I think me and the Catholic Church have agreed to disagree on matters. Maybe I should be saying this in the "10 Commandments" post, but I believe in God, but I don't believe in all the hierarchal, et al crap that gets associated with it. I attend a Catholic school, and I have to attend "Theology" 4 days a week, 45 min a day. This years focus is Morality, or the learning of various issues facing society from a moral point of view. Let me tell you Lindy, you're goin ta hell Big grin Just kidding. Take it easy.

Evvie

imkeww

Fri Jan 19, 2001 9:18 am

Lindy-- you must've read my tone wrong. I meant "ridiculous" as in entertaining ridiculous. My favorite kind of humour is situational humor where ridiculous things happen unabated. Such as truly random parts in the Simpsons episods, like when the tall guy steps out of his tiny car and says, "Are you making fun of ME in my automoBILE?" Yeah... I happen to have a suitemate who is in a frat and has equally entertaining stories as you.

Ewie-- GMTA. =P

-imk

LH423

Fri Jan 19, 2001 9:46 am

Imkeww:LOL, it's not Ewie (pronounced: u-ee), it's Evvie (pronounced: ev-ee), even that is just short for Evelyn. It's just a nickname TWFirst (Blanche) gave me, after he named Dk (Donna). Dk subsequently named Polaris (Tallulah) to which me and TWFirst have our own nicknames (Tallie and Lulu, respectively) Big grin

BTW, what does GMTA mean? I'm naïve  Smile

LH423

Lindy

Fri Jan 19, 2001 10:24 am

Imkeww its cool, I tought that you said that you dont like my posts.  Smokin cool
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

imkeww

Fri Jan 19, 2001 10:54 am

Great Minds Think Alike EVVIE!!! Lindy can I call you "Dennis" or "Menace" now? =P

Oh well, off to dorm food!

Lindy

Fri Jan 19, 2001 11:38 am

Dennis is nicer name for a male then Evelyn or Donna  Big grin

hehehe
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

LH423

Fri Jan 19, 2001 11:54 am

C'mon guys, we gotta come together collectively to give Lindy the "queen" of all names. Donna, Tallie Smile, seeing as our good host is in Florida doing things prohibited by the bible Big grin we must come up with it ourself!  Smile

Evvie

us330

Fri Jan 19, 2001 12:49 pm

Lindy, you should have a bumper sticker on your car that reads "Don't let me get within 50 ft. of your daughter!" Your whole life seems to be a anthology of stupid/funny stories.

Lindy

Sat Jan 20, 2001 12:25 am

Because my life is stupid!
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Lindy

Sun Jan 21, 2001 10:48 am

Angela left us to Florida and nobody is writing anything here hhehe  Smokin cool
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

fanoftristars

Sun Jan 21, 2001 12:19 pm

Hello. I will write somethin in here! Well anyway, I got to ski on some solomon X Screams today, and they were incredible!!! It almost would make me want to switch from snowboarding! anyway, I gotta go, the parents are taking us out to dinner! Later...
"FLY DELTA JETS"

LH423

Sun Jan 21, 2001 12:40 pm

You snowboard?! :-P I have no desire to trade in my skis for a snowboard. It's a passing phase...One can believe Sad Anyhoo, where do you snowboard. I know you live in Utah.

Angela? Is that you're girlfriend, coz if you're referring to TWFirst, that's Blanche! Oh no, we've gone and confused him! Somebody explain it, I'm too tired!  Smile

LH423

ctbarnes

Sun Jan 21, 2001 12:50 pm

Thought I ought to chime in before we move to volume IV... I want to say I posted on each of the volumes.

LH423:

At the risk of talking shop at a "cocktail party," I'd be curious about your views on the hirearchical stuff. BTW, I'm taking a graduate course in moral theology this semester, and I'd also be curious what they're teaching you in school. Mabie we can compare notes... (go easy on me though, I'm still only a seminarian, meaning I only think I know more than I really do about the Church-I joke I know just enough to be dangerous).

Lindy:

Your account of the Church in Poland doesen't surprise me in the slightest. I visited Poland about 7 years ago, and walked away with an instructive insight about the Pope after attending church and talking with several people.

Anyway, I'm back in school once again for another semester of masochism called Philosophy. This time around I'm taking a course in Kant's ethics (Ugh!), a course on the history of the papacy (not bad), Clinical Healthcare Ethics (for my degree-also pretty good, although the prof is a bit scatty), and Moral Theology and its application to healthcare (very good). My respite is working at ORD in the Chaplain's office on Saturdays. Can't wait till Summer.

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

LH423

Sun Jan 21, 2001 1:19 pm

I only complained about the hierarchy as a lack of better word. I just cannot accept an institution that doesn't accept all. Not to get too into it, but it is my beliefs that Jesus accepted all, and even made it a point to love the ones we would rather not love. Man wrote the bible, so essentially the Bible mirrors man's point of view of society back then. I place no faith in the Bible, other than respecting it for the thing it is...a great piece of literature. I don't believe in living life by the bible. But like I said, I don't accept an institution that doesn't accept all, mainly because I would be categorized as an "un-fit" or something, because of something beyond my control. I guess this is my main row with the Church, and I don't see it being rectified any time soon.

LH423

ctbarnes

Sun Jan 21, 2001 2:09 pm

Thanks for that LH423. I think I understand what you are saying. I can only respond from my own experience; please know I'm not trying to change your mind.

First off, when you say Christ accepted all, I am in total agreement. The Gospels have repeated references to Jesus seeking out those who had been ostracised or looked upon as "sinners" and were thus shunned by Jewish society.

I believe very strongly the Church is called to do the same: to love those many would rather not love. That is why I have done work with the homeless, severely disabled children, and children in youth detention.

As for the church not accepting all, well, I am not sure I have a good answer for that one except that while the Catholic Church may be divinely inspired, it is still run by humans, and all the problems and idocyncracies that implies. Will things change anytime soon? Probably not. You're probably wondering then why I'm where I am. Well, I guess I hope that in some small way I can be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

One suggestion: Does part of your class on morality deal with formation of conscience?
My suggestion is pay particular attention to that part, because it is not only central to Catholic moral thought, it is also what makes the Church seem more inclusive than her documents might make her appear.

You say Man wrote the Bible, and that its books were written within a certain historical/social context. This is very true, and it comes out particularly when you look at the gospels: Mattiew was a Jewish Christian writing for a Jewish Christian community. Luke's gospel by contrast was written by and for the Gentiles. Each has a specific focus based upon the needs and dynamics of the communities for which they were written. Yet what makes the Bible so enduring is the way it is able to speak to us today. That is the definition of a classic piece of literary work. When someone gives a homily, the task is to "build a bridge" between the text and its applicability to our own lives.

I'd better stop here because I think I promised you above I wouldn't preach and I think I just did.

Peace!

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

OO-VEG

Mon Jan 22, 2001 5:00 am

Well, I am back again. I haven't been able to read what is going on here since the last week but hey I am not only one.
But now serious: This post is slightly dropping towards the second page as it hasn't been replied to for quite some hours. So come on people, we are almost there just 10 more posts and we have reached the 300!

By the way, who gets to start up Vol IV??

fanoftristars

Mon Jan 22, 2001 6:03 am

LH423:

Yes, I do snowboard, and let me clarify:

I have skiied since I was nine years old, and I love skiing. I ski at most of the resorts here in Utah, and I even work at two of them, Sundance and The Canyons. I also love Park City Mountain Resort, Snowbird and Deer Valley. I tried snowboarding last year, and increased my skill level very fast. I am now as good at snowboarding as I was at skiing. Lately I have just been snowboarding because I wanted to get better faster. My last two days on the slopes have been on skis and it was a blast. I rode the K2 Mod Xs and the Solomon X-Screams.

So, I guess I am really a skier at heart, and I used to feel the same way about snowboarding as you do, but now that I have tried it, I love it. Why do you feel it is a fad? Do you think it will go away? Just wondering... I think you need to fly out here to UT and take a run with me on a snowboard on a famous Utah powder day, and then tell me what you think of snowboarding. I am sure you will love it. I'll be honest, there are a lot of people (hulligans) that do give snowboarding a bad name. I work with several of them at the canyons. The all smoke like chimneys (who knows what) and party all the time. They rarely show up for work on time, and their appearance and smell leaves something to be desired!  Smile

So, where do you ski at? You probably don't get much in living in boston and going to school? Where is your favorite place to ski?

Well everyone, just a few more posts until TWFirst volume IV. Maybe we should wait until our namesake is back from FLL, just as a courtesy to him.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

N863DA

Mon Jan 22, 2001 6:47 am

Hello people. Just thought I would drop in and say 'howdy' to y'all, and give you all a big ole' Redneck welcome!!

Everything is going fine here my end at Riddle - as if you all cared...  Smile

TWFirst should be back tomorrow from FLL I think... I was supposed to go down there this weekend but my FAA Medical was yesterday so I couldn't go - D'OH!!

Speak to y'all when our host returns.

FLY DELTA JETS and sail UNITED STATES LINES

N 8 6 3 D A

twa
Topic Author

Wassup Members?

Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:55 am

Wassup>? I just got back from Sarasota, Florida. God its cold down here!!!!!

TWA

P.S. Were getting closer to Volume 4!!!!!

LH423

Mon Jan 22, 2001 11:46 am

Ctbarnes: I totally respect your views. I read what you said, and I do see that the Church helps people in need. But what about the the people today who don't necessarily fit the view in the eyes of the Church. But I think the Church is hypocritical in the sense that they don't accept all, for some reason or another. Maybe I can't be "converted" but I do believe in a "higher power" and I constantly try to improve myself through that, and I don't believe that a) it is channelled through one person (the Pope), or b) that we even need an institution to have a relationship with God. I do believe that people, like yourself, who have a better knowledge of spiritual matters are needed to help counsel and teach, but nothing is compelling me to go to Church every Sunday coz it will bring me closer to God. But I do respect your views.

My class however, is an examination of various "controversial" subjects facing society today, such as abortion, capital punishment, medical ethics, euthanasia, etc. We discuss them from moral stand point, after discussing the facts. We discuss the Church's standpoint, which by no coincidence doesn't "jive" with my views (except for capital punishment, of which I am vehemently opposed to). I do enjoy this class as it does keep me grounded in certain topics, and it allows me to discover more about these subjects, by letting me research, analyse, and come to conclusions. It has cetainly been a crash course in self-discovery. I am, however, saddened by the fact that homosexuality is not discussed, at least I don't think it will be. Not that I want to make everyone learn about homosexuality, but if you saw the level of homophobia in my school you'd be horrified, and I think it is irresponsible of my school, which supposedly is trying to build "young, Christian men" yet knows and allows this to continue. I would never come out in my school, because I would be beaten unrecognizably. This is sad, but I accept that I can't change 800 people, although I am considering writing an anonymous letter to the campus minister about this.

Fanoftristars:I would love to go out west. I have never been, only skiing the dirtpiles of the east like Attitash/Bear Peak, NH, Killington, Vt, and Wildcat, NH. I hear the snow out there is unbelievable. My school is running a trip to Whistler/Blackcomb, BC, but I opted to visit friends in Montréal. But I WILL make it out west someday.

This is getting dangerously close to 300!

LH423

LH423

Mon Jan 22, 2001 11:59 am

Fanoftristars: I also accept your invitation to snowboarding. Hold on I don't ever remember what I said  Smile...okay. No I don't believe snowboarding is a phase. It simmered just under the surface for so long. It's not like those damn Razor scooters, that suddenly sprouted up over night! Snowboarding is with is to stay. The main pain in the ass to me of snowboaring is not the people (what a colourful bunch, eh?  Smile) or snowboaring in general. It's mainly what inexperienced snowboarders to the trails. At least here in the east, where the powder is usually just masking ice a few inches down, inexperienced snowboarders push all the powder off the the edge of the trail. Also the "experienced" snowboarders act like they own the trail, and generally don't follow the "courtesy" laws, like cutting in front of people, and a general arrogance. I'm not trying to generalize too much, but in many cases, this is true. But I do accept the invitation if I'm ever out in your area.

LH423

Trvlr

Mon Jan 22, 2001 12:04 pm

MUST PUT THE THREAD OVER 300!!!

Trvlr

Mon Jan 22, 2001 12:04 pm

just..

Trvlr

Mon Jan 22, 2001 12:05 pm

a little...