TWFirst

RE: LH423

Wed Jan 10, 2001 6:58 am

I've never known Ben (N863DA) to kiss and tell, but there's always a first time 

BTW Evelyn, you don't know when the next time you'll come??? Bummer for you dude. But if you do find out when you're going to come, let me know...

An unexamined life isn't worth living.

Trvlr

To Everyone WHO Wants To Do AN SFO II.

Wed Jan 10, 2001 6:59 am

Cynical confidence is always a good thing. Keep up the good work, N863DA. 

OH-LGA: I just made a huge UK Garage mp3 Cd with mostly Artful Dodger and Craig David on it, but now I have lost it!!! I am very annoyed.

DeltaSFO/OH-LGA/ILUV767: What do you all think of another SFO get together?? For a limited time (advertising jingle...ha! ), I can get an $88 dollar fare to SFO and back. I also have off of school on the 17th of February, so that could give me a lot of leeway in terms of how what days I could go and how long I could stay at the airport.

It's another nice day here in San Diego. It's been slightly chilly here of late, with highs averaging only in the low to mid 60's. Hopefully after some rain tomorrow things will shape up and get back into the 70's. How is everyone else's winter going?? heheheh    

Aaron G.

TWFirst

RE: N863DA

Wed Jan 10, 2001 7:00 am

Is your address still the same? If so I have it. Later dude.

N863DA

RE: TWFirst Volume III

Wed Jan 10, 2001 7:06 am

Yeah it's still the same (whichever one I gave you... I forget!!) They're all still working.

Look forward to hearing from you.

ben.

TWFirst

RE: Aaron

Wed Jan 10, 2001 7:06 am

Hey Aaron. How are you, you little smartass?  Actually, the weather has been pretty good in Minneapolis the last few days. It's in the mid-30's here today and tomorrow. May sound cold to you, but believe, me, it's a good thing.

BTW, why don't you tell us a little bit about the folks you met at SFO. Curious about your impressions. Inquiring minds want to know.

DeltaSFO

Wed Jan 10, 2001 7:19 am

Yes... we must do another SFO thing.

I would hope you have 17 Feb off of school. It's a Saturday.

17 Feb is a go for me.... as long as it's before 1345. So we'd start around 9:30 or 10:00. Butt-crack of dawn by my standards, but well worth it not to have to spot alone.

TWFirst....

After meeting him at SFO, I am indeed convinced that Trvlr will be either the Governor of California someday. Or the CEO of some airline. Maybe I'll have the honor of refusing to work overtime under his tenure as CEO.  

DeltaSFO
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

TWFirst

Wed Jan 10, 2001 7:47 am

Hey Ben, I lied. I just searched and if fact cannot find your address. Help.

N863DA

Wed Jan 10, 2001 7:53 am

Tut tut. (It's a good job I have nothing better to do than to wait for your posts this afternoon - but then again, what else is there?)   I'll forgive you   

Erm... I guess [email protected]

later bud. 

TWFirst

Wed Jan 10, 2001 8:00 am

That should have been "in fact," not "if fact," but I'm sure you figured that out.

Will talk to you soon.

polaris

Wed Jan 10, 2001 8:50 am

TWFirst: sorry to hear about your impending loss...but this was very funny:

my petals have all fallen off with the tragic news of late. I'm a lone stem, swaying in the breeze, devoid of any expression or beauty. Withering... longing.... searching for an aviation garden in which to bloom...

Just so you know...I intend to use (steal) those lines! I'm sure they'll come in handy somewhere...

fanoftristars

Wed Jan 10, 2001 9:46 am

Well, it's been a few days but anyway, I want to meet some of you in SFO, but we should meet after DL starts their 764 service to SFO from SLC. I can't quite remember when that is, but I want a ride on the new bird, and I have a $100 travel voucher on DL that I have to use up soon. so, DeltaSFO, when does the new service start?

TWFirst: I had heard a bit about the AA/TWA thing, but I didn't know it was official until today, but sorry. If only I had a favorite airline to be sad about if they merged, that way I would know how you feel. Anyway I guess I would be really sad if the rumors about DL pulling out of SLC became true!  

Well I had better get back to work... Later
"FLY DELTA JETS"

Lindy

RE: TWFirst Vol. 3 :D

Wed Jan 10, 2001 10:49 am

Can anybody tell me who the hell is Evelyn??? Am I missing something? Do we have female in this topic?

geeeeee that sounds like fun 

BWIADCA - Nikon D100

DeltaSFO

RE: Fanoftristars

Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:04 am

..... checking Deltamatic....

February 15, 2001, Flight 219 SLC-SFO operates as a 767-400.

So buy your ticket! I show a $192.50 total RT if you were to come out on the 15th on the 767-400 and go back on the 18th on a 757.

As for DL pulling out of SLC.... we keep hearing different things. Who knows what's going to happen. At least 2002 will be big for you guys! I plan on being there.

I hope we can get a few out-of-Bay Area people to come out to this little shindig. If you guys ever do any get togethers, let me know.

TWFirst....
Probably a question you've been asked before, but if you're a resident of MSP, why do you not fly NW?

DeltaSFO

LH423

Wed Jan 10, 2001 12:44 pm

I'm Evelyn! It's a nickname TWfirst gave me. It stems from my first initial "E." Don't get too excited there Lindy, although if your looking for a playmate, and want to pretend I'm "Evelyn", you can  

Hey, TWfirst, if you're going to write about personal correspondance with someone else, and clutter up this board, you better write me one too!  

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

RE: Lindy

Wed Jan 10, 2001 12:48 pm

OO-VEG

Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:25 pm

So LH423 (Evelyn) I suppose you are not a female.. But why the * is gives TWFirst you a the name of a lady???? Can't he see the difference? 

Ah well, it sounds funny.. so all I can say to TWfirst is.. good choice.

Lindy

Thu Jan 11, 2001 12:27 am

....and I tought that we have some blonde babe with big hooters and nice bank account in Swiss Bank:D

In fact, I did one girl with the name Evelyn last year 
If some of you remember my other stories she was from Newark NJ   I did her once in June and second time shortly before her wedding day 

I was looking for picture of her on my computer at work but I can't find it! I will do some research at home and I'll post that pic in here!

Damn you Evelyn  

TWFirst - I think that "exit only" is sometimes "entrance" too! but for medical purposes only  

BWIADCA - Nikon D100

OO-VEG

Thu Jan 11, 2001 1:13 am

Oh my Lindy... You do someone just before her wedding????? oooooh, sounds like some Jerry Springer topic: "I cheated just before our honymoon"  

TWFirst

RE: Lindy/LH423/DeltaSFO/Polaris

Thu Jan 11, 2001 1:25 am

Oh god Lindy, you continue to crack me up. Now why doesn't it surprise me you've done someone named "Evelyn" 

I don't think I've ever known anyone named Evelyn. My 20-year-old niece is named Eva. I'm sure she'd do you. She's a little partier, and is blond with big boobs.

LH423 (a.k.a. Evelyn): Shoot me your address buddy  . I'll talk your ear off.

Polaris: Feel free to exploit my words of angst for your own selfish gain. As I writhe in agony, you shamelessly profit from my sorrow. You Canadians are all alike: always out to make a buck (except it's only worth 60 cents)   .

DeltaSFO: Northwest eats poop. Me no like them.

Oh, almost forgot. OO-VEG: Sorry buddy, but you're a day late and a dollar short (an American expression meaning you're clueless). There's a lot of slang and innuendo being used here. I know it's probably confusing to you. Just smile and keep typing .

This thread is really starting to get funny and lively folks!

us330

Thu Jan 11, 2001 2:21 am

Geez, Lindy what were you, the stripper for her bachlorette party?

DeltaSFO

TWFirst, Lindy

Thu Jan 11, 2001 2:35 am

TWFirst.... Me no blame you. Last time I flew NW they gave me my meal on a Chinet paper plate. My jaw was on the floor.

No audio at all on the 727s or A320s. Shameful.

Ever thought about coming over to Delta? Connect in SLC if you're going west, CVG if you're going east, ATL if you're going south or overseas. Just a little suggestion.   On the other hand, the AA ORD hub would suit you well.

Lindy.... you and I would get along well.... too bad you live on the East Coast. I'd love to show you how to really party.  Although I can't say that I did anyone shortly before her wedding. That is pretty impressive.

DeltaSFO

Lindy

Thu Jan 11, 2001 2:38 am

TWFirst I cannot afford to fly over to Twincity right now  
I'm flying to NYC on February 10th for nice party with 17 years old Polish chick  
I'm doing better now   Remember that 16 years old girl from SC? I didnt go there yet, but she keeps calling me everyday hehehe

Dont you remember that girl from Newark? hehe I did her on the back seat in Ford Taurus hehe
Maybe I didnt mentioned her before, well now you know  
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Lindy

RE: DeltaSFO

Thu Jan 11, 2001 3:21 am

DeltaSFO, do you know what is the key to open any girl???
You have to lie to them and lie again hehehe

Shit, this girl from NYC thinks that I am a pilot for USAirways. One Polish girl from PHL that I met in night club over there thinks that I am a pilot for TWA  
She told me that I should give her a call next time I'm in PHL, so I didnt have anything to write her phone number on and I gave her my TWA FF paper card (suckers never sent me a plastic one ). Card itself looks like business card so she tought that I have to work for TWA. I told her that I'm flying from Washington DC hub (hehehe you can lie them about anything hehehe )and next time I visit the city I'll give her a call.
  Like few of you already know, I used to go to PHL every weekend, so I called her and of course I did her. (her name is Kasia, or if you want Catherine hehehe)

BWIADCA - Nikon D100

DeltaSFO

Lindy

Thu Jan 11, 2001 3:44 am

ROTFLMAO        

Ain't that the truth. What do you tell them you fly? So the IAD hub is alive and well for TWA.

But... why don't you become one for real?

In a way, I wish I didn't have a gf. You wouldn't believe what a DAL employee ID does... it works wonders.

"Oh, you work for Delta?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"Your ID."

"Oh, I forgot to take it off.*smile*"

"So, you travel for free?"

"Yeah, free."

"Wow... I've always wanted to go to Paris. So what do you do for Delta?"

"Oh, uh, I'm a pilot."

*girl suddenly gets more attentive*

"Really? God you look so young. Where do you fly out of?"

"I'm based out of San Francisco, but I'm transferring to Atlanta pretty soon."

"Really? Why would you want to leave San Francisco?"

"Well, I fly the 727 right now, and I'm moving up to the Boeing 777. It flies to Europe and South America, so I can go there instead of cities around the Western U.S."

"Oh.... how amazing. How long have you been with Delta?"

"Oh, about four months."

"And you're already flying to Europe? You must be a really good pilot."

"Well... I...."

Long story short.... get the phone number, go have your fun, then transfer to the Atlanta hub, never to be seen again. I've never done this, but I must someday.

DeltaSFO

OH-LGA

Thu Jan 11, 2001 5:17 am

My... you guys are interesting 

Hey DeltaSFO... I may sometime in the future become FinnairSFO as I may get a summer job with Finnair as they hire 2 to 3 people in San Francisco during the summer. The number depends on if they get the leisure flights (the SFO office is still trying hard to get them and it's still a possibility) Although I wonder, as I am going to Finland for several weeks this summer if they would mind that. Maybe get my CSA training while there?  

BTW, if you guys like music to dance to, I just picked up the Tina Cousins CD "Killing Time". It's $9.99 at the Wherehouse. It's got pretty good music... what types of music do you guys usually listen to? I listen to club music and Europop stuff mostly... fast techno-type beat stuff.

Moi,
Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

DeltaSFO

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:23 am

Oh my god..... I just really made myself look bad with that sudden attack of candidness.

Oh well.  It could be worse.... I mean, I could have bragged about doing a 250 pound hooker. 

OH-LGA.... So you going to give me a tour of Golf Alpha, your namesake, when she comes to SFO?

Also, I would like to add that after nearly two weeks here in this town, doing training at this airport, I am dangerously close to the point of burning Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport to the ground. No offense to anybody here who is from DFW, but I AM SICK OF YOUR AIRPORT.  

DeltaSFO

TWFirst

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:26 am

You're in Dallas now? Didn't know that.

BTW, not that it's any of my damned business, but I've often wondered: How the hell does one manage to afford to live in San Francisco??

DeltaSFO

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:28 am

TWFirst....

The answer to your question is simple.

One doesn't. 

DeltaSFO

TWFirst

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:30 am

Amen. That's why this homo won't be residing in mecca any time soon   .

(I don't even like the "scene" out there anyway.)

LH423

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:32 am

Hey, TWfirst...You're only 30?!?! Hey, how you doing. *wink, wink*  

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

DeltaSFO

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:33 am

LOL TWFirst.....

From what some of my friends tell me... the scene out here--well out there until Friday--is WAY overrated. All reputation and no substance.

DeltaSFO

TWFirst

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:36 am

What's that supposed to mean... "only" 30?? Are you making fun of me because I'm old, or because you thought I was older? From what I know of you, probably the former.

You better e-mail me here pretty quick Evelyn. Otherwise I'm gone for the night.

LH423

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:38 am

I already e-mailed you!!!

I thought you were more like 35. Glad to hear you're younger! Phew.

LH423

TWFirst

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:40 am

I replied to your first e-mail. Did you get it? I thought you would send one back.

N863DA

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:44 am

Heya All.

TWFirst, will know for sure if I'm coming down to FLL next weekend sometime soon... am going back to KTLH for Martin Luther King Jr. Day (If there's going to be a holiday, I'm sure as hell gonna take advantage of it...) I will let you know ASAP what's happening.

LOL to the 'scene' stuff about SFO. I must confess, I've never been to that side of town, but if it's anything like a couple parts of London (and NY State) then it's just too - much. Altho some kinda people there do it for me, the majority just plain don't...

I read somewhere that you were moving down there next year? (another thread, right? I forget) Cool if you are. Sounds like a good idea weatherwize.

Apart from that, nothing happened today. Since I started thinking tho, I've been constantly been distracted and can't study!!! It's a good job that my roommate is BUTT ugly - nice guy tho.  Should I say that? Did I say that? No, of course not... Thank god the British aren't a genetically attractive race of people... I'd never have gotten anything done at all!!!

On a very unrelated note, I have this one professor (some of you here will get a real kick out of this one) teaching me Aeronautical Business Studies who thinks he is TRULY God's gift to Aviation... he was telling us today about how the DC-10 at Sioux City was done all thru Trim Tabs. Anyway I digress. I had to leave class I was laughing so hard. Anyway, just thought I would share that with you.

Later all. Sorry for my blurting out completely irrelevant crud... 

FLY DELTA JETS and sail UNITED STATES LINES

N 8 6 3 D A

N863DA

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:46 am

OK now I'm going mad. When I talked about you moving, I meant to Ft. Lauderdale - not San Francisco....

me.

LH423

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:47 am

Got it! It'll take me a while to reply to all that. Damn, you can write!!!   Good, I like long e-mails. It takes the monotony out of my life. Just be prepared to be shocked. I was polite the first time, now that's thrown out the window  Okay, I don't want to hype you up too much, I'll probably be tame, although I can't promise.

LH423

N863DA

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:49 am

and to LH423... (my post counter will fall off the end in a minute with all these extra posts) with age comes experience. Young guys (ie. < 24 or so) just don't do anything for me... 

me.

TWFirst

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:50 am

Your completely irrelevant crud is quite welcome and appreciated. I understand all sentiments expressed. I'm kind of in my "cycle" as well - must be the full moon. Know what I mean? You can go for days and not think about "it" and then BOOM, it is ALL you can think about. I may have to make a visit to the gym tonight for some eye candy .

Your classes sound fascinating. I'm jealous.

TWFirst

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:55 am

I've also traditionally been attracted to older guys as well.

Yes, as far as "the move," as I was telling Evelyn, that's one of my big, if not the biggest, life decisions right now. Obviously, the S.O. wants to move to FLL since he just bought a pad down there. Can't blame him. I like Florida, but just not sure I want to live there all year, although I'm warming up to the idea (especially if my best friend and his wife move there as well, which they are thinking of doing). I like the energy of the big city (Chicago), and kind of want to be close to my parents since they are getting older. I also don't want Florida to lose its "magic" for me. So, we'll see. But I won't be moving until at least a year from now.

DeltaSFO

Thu Jan 11, 2001 8:58 am

Your classes sound fascinating. I'm jealous.

Now I know why I'm probably not going back to Cal.... time to get something fascinating going in my life... and a little more conducive(sp?) to my career goals.

N863DA... I'd like to talk to you sometime about ERAU. I have a feeling that's where I belong.

DeltaSFO

LH423

Thu Jan 11, 2001 9:02 am

Allow me to join the "older guy" club! Hmmm, generally 20-35. I can divulge more to people who actually care, which I doubt any of you do. Anyways, I better get started on this marathon e-mail!

Does anyone like Bare Naked Ladies? (I mean the band. I'm no converter  ) I just wanted to pose this question because they are on my radio now, and I used to hate them, but now I think they are really good. Sorry, my brain is fried. Got exams coming up, so I'm studying.

LH423

TWFirst

Thu Jan 11, 2001 9:03 am

You seem like someone who also loves getting totally absorbed by the learning experience in a classroom environment. I love exploring subject matter and discussing topics in an open, academic forum. I just hate doing homework.

I have a feeling you will find what you're looking for (or it will find you).

N863DA

Thu Jan 11, 2001 9:06 am

Magic? In Florida? Gee, you really haven't lived here.   It's not as great as you might think (you know what I mean...) It's no better than anywhere else... the only good thing is the weather, and we get hurricanes. (whoohoo!)

The 'older guy' thing is definately true. And if I have 'cycles' then I'm having two at the same time at the moment because unfortunately I am kinda like a rabid dog... without the rabid part.

I can see why you question moving to FL tho, I really can - it's not such a great place. I must confess that if I had total free reign as to where I wanted to live, it would not be here. (except maybe the Keys - secluded) But I guess it all comes down to what you want, like and require, and when you want it.

I'm done. later all.

me.

TWFirst

Thu Jan 11, 2001 9:06 am

I liked them before they got really popular.

Get going on that damned e-mail bitch. I'll check my e-mail later tonight. I gotta go home.

Bye.

TWFirst

Thu Jan 11, 2001 9:10 am

The "magic" comes from the instant environmental transformation (both weatherwise and culturally) I experience as a Midwesterner when I come down there. I don't want it to be just another place to live (and a hot and steamy one at that in the summer, not that I don't like hot and steamy   ).

Anyways, FLL/MIA is definitely THE place there for me. Doing weekends in EYW would be fun.

FLL has TONS of eye candy (normal types, not the kind of plastic, over-the-top specimens that litter South Beach).

We'll see.

Later

DeltaSFO

TWFirst

Thu Jan 11, 2001 9:14 am

Yeah... I do love getting absorbed into something I love in an open environment, and it took me awhile to figure out that aviation was my calling and not just a hobby.

Working in the industry for me is amazingly interesting. I've learned more in the last 3 months about aviation than is humanly possible.

But I know that I'm not going about this in exactly the right way. I'll go nowhere without a degree. The cockpit won't happen for me unless I really get serious--and fast--about flying. So I'm going to have to make some decisions pretty quick here.

DeltaSFO

N863DA

Thu Jan 11, 2001 9:21 am

DeltaSFO:

Howdy. Yeah. ERAU is pretty cool. Very tunnel visioned. (which works fine for me, because I sleep and eat aviation too so that's cool) But they certainly know their stuff. I love to learn all I can about aviation (and history, but that's another matter) and here seemed the right place to do it.

Basically - perhaps unfortunatley - you have three types of people at Riddle;

1) the Leather Jacket club; guys who think they are all that (and maybe in some depts. they are, but are severly lacking in the whole 'Personality' think we all got going.... sure they know their stuff and all, but they laud it over you (us mere mortals - and Southerners - don't stand a chance against them) A few of the faculty (especially my Biz teacher) also fall into this catagory.

2) The geeks... alas when it comes to planes, occasionally I fall into this catagory, (get me started about Delta and I could rant on for months, but you work for them, so you could probably do the same...)

and 3) the nice people. (gently balanced between the two extremes) Unfortunately there don't seem too many of them. (but I would like to think I was one of them... ha!)

The girls here (second only in sparsity to the US Military Academy - so if you're straight - bummer) also fall into one of two catagories...

1) Preppy. No other word. High-society Dallas-type society (IE real money - like Barbara Bush) from families of true class, but who laud it over you, as, afterall, we are mere mortals.

or conversely,

2) The nicest people on Campus. Fortunately there are loads about and I tend to go (ironically) for female company as friends more than guys.

That all said, Riddle is a great school - with almost a college pasttime - DRINKING! But I guess you get that in any college.

Delta of course, in the form of our partner ASA, has a big influence on ERAU - the two companies having an unofficial agreement about DirectHire. (We train 'em, you take 'em.) Works great if you're in the top 20% of your class. (that's out for me then...)

It's all I can think of at the moment, but I am very happy to be here. I have every intention of staying. Ask more questions - I am only too happy to answer them.

One thing you can't deny however, is that Riddle is E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E in the extreme. But if you can afford it, it's damned good. That said, don't let me stop you looking at other colleges. Different things suit different people.

me.

OH-LGA

Thu Jan 11, 2001 11:13 am

Ooh..

Can't say that I've been to the Castro, I live an hour from SF yet I haven't even been to most of the tourist attractions (Ghiradelli Square, Coit Tower, Twin Peaks, Pac Bell Park), but I've been to the Virgin Megastore for my British imports, and that's what matters 

DeltaSFO: Unless there's a major fluke you won't be able to tour the lovely Olga, as the only flights that would operate out of SFO would be leisure flights, and most likely they would be operated using OH-LGD, the MD-11 that is currently in all-economy charter config (seats 403!), which will be reverted to scheduled routes in 2002 supposedly, along with another J-class upgrade and seat expansion from 28 to 42 seats. So if you want to see -LGD you're perfectly welcome to, since you've got your airport ID that would make it even easier! 

But I am going to need to make up a really nice resume to impress Finnair so they will actually hire me  , I'm even taking a class at the SRJC (community college) about customer service skills in business, so I can add at least a bit more to my qualifications.

Moi,
Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

Trvlr

Thu Jan 11, 2001 2:32 pm

N863DA: Aeronautical Business Studies? That sounds very tantalizing to me. What exactly is it (curriculum etc.), and is this a course that prepares one for a certain type of job? If so, what? This sounds like a class that would fit in nicely with what I'd like to do in the aviation industry when I grow up.

Thanks a lot if you can provide any info as to what the course is like  

Aaron G.