RE: TWFirst Volume III

Mon Jan 22, 2001 12:06 pm

MORE!!!!

haha did it again

Aaron G.

LH423

Mon Jan 22, 2001 12:13 pm

As post 301, who is going to have the honour of starting TWFirst IV?

Evvie
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

fanoftristars

Mon Jan 22, 2001 12:16 pm

May I be 301?

LH423: I understand your views and I am also annoyed by the snowboarders that I call "Plow" the nice snow off of the top. They try the hardest runs when they are just beginners, and don't let themselves follow the natural progression of learning. Then there they are, "plowing" down some black diamond, on their heel side edge, ruining the snow for the rest of us. So, I see your point, and yes you are welcome anytime here in UT for a little snow riding!

So when does TWFirst get back? manana?
"FLY DELTA JETS"

ctbarnes

Mon Jan 22, 2001 12:21 pm

LH423:

Please know I wasn't trying to convert you. True conversion comes completely from God; there is very little I or anyone else can say or do. However, if you're open to how God works in your life (and from what you said above I think God does) there are many ways to express this, though not necessarily through organized religion.

My only advice to you in following this path is to avoid the trap of "self-divinization." Sometimes people who persue the spiritual outside of organized religion can end up relating all their spiritual experiences back to themselves, and see God only in relation to themselves. This can lead the individual to feel he or she has become center of the universe, using God to boost their own ego and self importance. God becomes a servent to them, rather than the other way around. Does this make sense?

What I'd suggest (ifyou haven't done this already) is to seek out like minded individuals you are comfortable with and trust and perhaps discuss spiritual matters with them. You might need advice, you might give advice, but it also helps keep faith less isolating, and the friendships that can be struck up as a result will become deep and lasting.

The level of homophobia you describe is appalling, but sadly not surprising. I think you're right school administrators, counselors, and campus ministers can do more to work on issues of gays in high school to make sure they are truely integrated into the school community.

Sounds like the course you've been taking has been good at challenging you and making you ask the tough quesitons. That's what's important. You are able to take what you see, look at the stances and think it through for yourself. It may or may not agree with Church teaching, but the important thing is you are learning to think for yourself, which is the most important lesson any school can teach you.

BTW, may I be completely nosy and ask where you attend school? I'm just wondering if you are going to one of ours...

Thanks!

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

DG_pilot

TWFirst

Mon Jan 22, 2001 1:53 pm

So how and why did you know all that about me? Since you don't list an email address, I tried asking you this via a specific post on the main page, but it was deleted. How did you know those things?...I'm interested in knowing the details here.

Email me if you would like.

-Dustin

Lindy

RE: TWFirst

Tue Jan 23, 2001 1:04 am

Where is TWFirst???? We should start Vol. IV  Smokin cool
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

us330

Tue Jan 23, 2001 2:56 am

Fanoftristars- LH423 is absolutely right. What he describes about snowboarders is the exact thing I see when I go skiing twice a year in Colorado. They leave trails of ice, and don't bother to follow the courtesy laws, and in general are just too reckless.

OO-VEG

Tue Jan 23, 2001 3:53 am

WHAT THE ### why don't we continue untill we reach the 400??? The downloadtime of this volume is not that big. So let's keep going on people, then we we are able to make histiry in Vol III as the topic with the most replies.

CactusA319

Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:57 am

Why hello there. Although I don't frequent this forum very much, I have to say this is one fascinating thread...so I'm going to ramble a little bit on here for you all.

Currently my New Year has out and out SUCKED. The first week of the year, I get news that my apartment at school has been robbed. So I head on out there, almost killing myself sliding off the interstate into the snow, to find everything there except for my CD collection and a box of extra checks. But my music collection is completely wiped out. AA then goes ahead and takes over TW. So now I'm just waiting for the Anti-Christ to appear cuz I'm sure Armageddon has to be on...The next week I come back down to school for the start of classes and what happens? My girlfriend breaks up with me. So now I'm here, trying to find solace on this forum, reading Lindy's tips on how to bag women, and trying to pick up a few online.

Sigh...

And I leave you with that folks. Doing my part to extend this thread even further...With my luck this'll be the last post before somebody starts Vol. IV and everyone flocks over there!

Laters

LH423

Tue Jan 23, 2001 7:39 am

CactusA319: That really sucks man. Personally I can say that the new Millennium isn't off to a great bang for me, but that's mainly coz I've been depressed, but I got hope that once we hit Spring, things will change for the better. You need to think that too, coz no matter how bad things get, they could be a lot worse. To quote Shirly Maclain, or is it Olympia Dukakis, from that great chick flick "Steel Magnolias: "What doesn't kill you, make you stronger" Just take it easy, things will get better eventually.

Ctbarnes: I know you weren't trying to "convert" me, I was merely stating that I don't believe in church that's all.

I absolutely understand what you mean, but don't worry, I don't have the self-esteem to believe that God could ever be like me. All I'm saying is that I don't believe that everyone needs church to have a relationship with God. Some people do, and I understand that, as everyone has their own way of worshipping, so I don't criticize or look down on churchgoers, I just know it's not for me.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

polaris

Tue Jan 23, 2001 9:14 am

See you in Volume IV.