Ron

Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:58 am

Hey Ron, Sounds Good. WN is a good airline, and we will make it even better.

President Bush, You can fly for free on WN when we takeover.

-Frank Lorenzo

TWFirst
Topic Author

RE: TWFirst, Vol. IV!

Sat Jan 27, 2001 7:29 am

Fanoftristars: Have fun at DEN. What an amazing airport.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

TWFirst

Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:48 am

TWFirst, Would you be interested in working for us at WN?

-Frank Lorenzo

LH423

Sat Jan 27, 2001 2:08 pm

WARNING: I AM ABOUT TO GO ON A RANT, SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT, MOVE ON TO THE NEXT POST, AS IT REALLY DOESN'T PERTAIN TO MUCH OTHER THAN 24 HOURS OF PENT UP FRUSTRATION AND ANXIETY!

Basically today has been quite sh*tty! I guess it was nice this morning as I got plenty of sleep last night, but I eventually began running low. This was about the time that I got home from school. Since I had last period off, this was about 14.40. At about 15.40 I left for work, already running on dangerously low levels of energy. I get to work, only to find out I'm an hour early! Pas problème, I'll get paid an extra hour I was planning on working anyways, coz it wasn't worth going home. After 7 hours on my feet serving chocolates to generally nice people, but a few assholes thrown in for good measure, I closed up at 23.00 to go home. Since all the Boston universities are back in session the Green Line was, needless to say, full of "half-in-the-bag" uni students going in town to walk right into that bag headfirst and stick around a while. You gotta love college  Smile So I had to stand on already aching feet. However the thing that really has me fuming is what I have to do tomorrow. Tomorrow, Saturday morning, I have to get up to go to Malden, of all places, to attend my first Model UN meeting. The Model UN is a student version of the United Nations, with competitions and meetings all over the world. I was chosen to represent Kuwait this time round on topics I don't even know. I know absolutely nothing as to what's going to happen tomorrow. I don't know what time to be there, I don't know what to wear, I don't know how to get there, I know nothing!!! And even if I do find this place, I don't know what questions I was assigned to answer, and I'm fairly certain I'm going to be make an ass out of myself. I am feeling so much intimidation right now, I just want to sleep for 10 hours, but nope, I gotta be up at 630 so I can get up and right the Orange Line (that oughta be fun!) to the stop I think I'm supposed to get off at. I think there are 2 or 3 stops in Malden! All-in-all, I'm feeling rather sh*itty right now.

I apologize for all that, and I promise it won't happen again anytime soon, I just needed to get it of my chest, and I figured this would be an appropriate place to do it. Thank you for reading.

Evvie
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

OO-VEG

Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:56 pm

THANKS FOR THE WARNING

By the way: Ewie, are you a little bit frustated or so??? RelaX

LH423

Sun Jan 28, 2001 9:00 am

It's okay now. I'm home, I made it there on time, but I'm still tired. Overall, things are good, I just needed to vent.

Evvie
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Lindy

Sun Jan 28, 2001 9:57 am

LH423 did you make an asshole out of yourself? hehe
Did you wear adequite dress for that ocasion?  Smokin cool

So how it was?
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

dk

Sun Jan 28, 2001 10:08 pm

Yeah Ev..how did you do?

D.

LH423

Mon Jan 29, 2001 12:00 am

Hey, Donna. I know it's not imaginative, but whaddya think of Lindy becoming Linda? I mean, he's rejected Rhonda (although I prefer Rhoda. Remember the Mary Tyler Moore Show  Smile). Linda works!

It was good. Coz it was the first one of these things that I went to, so I was mostly observing, but on a few occasions, I got up the nerve to say a few things. The first time I got up to speak, I was doing okay...then I had to stop reading off the paper Big grin All-in-all I didn't make too much of an ass of myself, and it was fun, although sitting around a high school for 8 hours and 45 minutes, was not my ideal way of spending a Saturday, it was educationally stimulating, and some of the guys there were soooooo cute! Then there were some real nerds. I think Lindy would have had a good time laughing at some of the kids there, coz some of them were straight out of the "Revenge of the Nerd's" movies, or whatever they were called.  Smile Had a good time, and I represented Kuwait well!

LH423

dk

Mon Jan 29, 2001 1:39 am

Hey Ev I think that Rhoda is an excellent name! Linda is fine but I like Rhoda better! Big grin Yes I remember the Mary Tyler Moore Show very well, it was one of my favorite T.V. shows at the time...!

Congrats. on doing well yesterday....it makes it so much better to have a few cuties around though huh?

D.

Mon Jan 29, 2001 2:50 am

Good Morning- hope everyone has a good time watching the super bowl!

TurboTristar

LH423

Mon Jan 29, 2001 3:21 am

In place of our absentee host, Blanche (where is he, does anyone know?), I will take the honour, and officially name Lindy, Rhoda! From now on he must be called Rhoda, and he has no choice. He vetoed Rhonda (which I don't blame him), but he must live with Rhoda.

Welcome Rhoda Big grin

Yes Donna, having eye candy made the 9 hours pass quicker, even if I wasn't paying as close attention to the formalities as I should have, but I don't have to explain that to you, do I?  Big grin

Evvie

Lindy

Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:13 am

Hell NO!

Whot does it mean? Rhoda? I cant be drug queen hehe I'm going to SC this coming saturday hehehe

One more thing. - super bowl suck!!!
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

LH423

Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:17 am

Nope sorry Lindy, Rhoda is it, unless the matriarch (TWFirst) of this happy family deems otherwise.

Evvie

TWFirst
Topic Author

RE: Ev

Mon Jan 29, 2001 7:37 am

Rhoda's fine with me. It doesn't mean you're a drag queen Lindy! But what about some nice Polish name. What is a typical Polish woman's name?

Well, John and I just got done playing the "try to use your frequent flier miles to go to Europe in the summer - go on I dare you" game with the airlines. I feel like I've been through a battle. We more or less got what we wanted.

We're flying NW/KLM to Barcelona in World Business Class for our gay cruise at the end of August. We had to leave a day earlier than we wanted and go through JFK instead of just connecting once in AMS, but nonetheless, we got it. Coming back was an even bigger nightmare, but we again sort of got what we wanted, although again we have to leave a day later than we wanted. We also have to buy a separate ticket for the Athens to AMS segment to avoid staying in Athens for 2.5 days after the cruise ended (we just were in Athens for several days last year - Athens is dirty and Athenians don't like Americans). But it's worth it to us to spend $400 more to be able to spend a day and a half in Amsterdam (PARTY!). We then fly World Business Class back to MSP.

I had another frequent flier itinerary booked on TWA as a backup, but we would have had to make more connections (MSP-STL-JFK-CDG) and buy a separate trip on AF from CDG to BCN and back to CDG from ATH, plus the fact who knows what's going to happen to TWA and we would have had to spend a couple nights in Paris, which we did last year as well. So I'm going to let that itinerary expire without booking it and I guess I won't be flying TW across the pond anytime soon. sniff sniff.

RE: Lindy

Mon Jan 29, 2001 10:13 am

Be careful, don't want you to get busted by sheriff Buford and his deputies, Bubba and Billy Bob, down in SC. They'll make you squeal like a pig, like Ned Beatty did in Deliverance! (1972) Big grin If you've seen the movie you'd know what I mean.

LH423

Mon Jan 29, 2001 1:17 pm

Yeah, I think Rhoda stands until Lindy can give us a real nice Polish (female) name.

Hey, has anyone in here flown on a CRJ? I booked my ticket to Canada the other day, and I'm flying an Air Canada CRJ, both ways. Just curious as to what, if any, of you have had experiences on the CRJ.

Hey Blanche, no e-mail?  Big grin I just wanted you to know (if you didn't already) that the only reason I stay on you is coz I know you like it, and coz it's a source of entertainment for some of the other people. Take care, and that sounds like a nice trip.

Evvie

fanoftristars

Mon Jan 29, 2001 1:57 pm

Hey everyone! I'm Back from Denver. It was a blast. The airport was incredible. I drug my friends all over the airport so I could see some 777s, and much to my delight, I was able to see two, a BA 777 witht the GE90s and a UAA 777 on its way to frankfurt. The train trip back was also incredible, I'll post more about it when I get the pictures developed, or I figure out how to download pictures from the digital camera that we took. It's actually a video camera/digital camera, and I can't figure it out. Anyway, the trip was a blast. Too short, though.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

OO-VEG

Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:09 pm

Hey everyone..

well for the first time in my life I have watched a match of American Football (superbowl). And I must say I don't understand it, I think I preffer soccer more.
Wednesday is the great derby between the 2 local clubs of the Dutch competition Fortuna Sittard vs Roda JC. Oh my, the stadium was sold out 2 weeks ago and during the last meeting things were really heating up. It is obvious Fortuna will loose as they are ranked lowest and Roda somewhere in the subtop. But there will be some riots as during the last meeting Fortuna fans broke in the stadium of Roda and destroyed it half (that stadium is brand new so everyone was pissed of).

Oooh I am really looking forward to this game... especially because I am a Roda fan and it is 99% for sure they will score a lot.

TWFirst
Topic Author

RE: Ev

Mon Jan 29, 2001 10:38 pm

You can stay on me all you want.  Big grin

My life is disorganized and I'm a big old stress bunny right now. Of course most of it is due to me being lazy, but other than that...

I swear I will communicate with you in a most personal, electronic manner in the near future.

us330

Tue Jan 30, 2001 2:36 am

OO-VEG, Football is just one of these great American traditions; Europeans aren't expected to like it or understand it more than soccer. One more thing I might add: GO RAVENS!

Lindy

Tue Jan 30, 2001 2:45 am

A- Agnieszka, Adrianna, Ania, Alicja, Anita
B-Bozena, Basia
C- Czeslawa
D-Dominika, Danusia
E-Elzbieta
G-Grazyna, Gosia
H-Halina
I-Izabela, Iga, Iwona, Irena
J-Jadwiga, Janka, Joanna
K-Kasia, Karolina, Kamila
L- Lidia, Lucyna
M-Monika, Magda, Marzena, Mariola, Marta
N-Natalia
P- Paulina
R- Ryszarda
S-Sylwia
U- Ulka
W - Wanda, Wieslawa
Z - Zdzisia

Here bitch! Pick one hehehe  Wink/being sarcastic Some names are mostly for older women hehehe

CstarU - just spoke with my girl in SC and she pissed me off very bad. So I still dont know if I'm going there or not this weekend.
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

TWFirst
Topic Author

Tue Jan 30, 2001 2:49 am

Ryszarda !!!!

Is that pronounced Rit-SAR-da?

or Magda, I like that too (think of "Something About Mary")

or Natalia

or Wanda or Paulina

Just too many good ones to pick from Big grin Big grin.

Lindy

Tue Jan 30, 2001 2:53 am

Ryszarda hahahahaha you pick the one that is conversion from male name Richard hehehehe
and you pronouce it Ree char da hehehe  Smokin cool
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

TWFirst
Topic Author

Tue Jan 30, 2001 3:00 am

I love it then. Ryszarda it is. Rhymes with "retard-a"  Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

Tue Jan 30, 2001 3:30 am

I knew a polish girl who had a crush on me in college, her name was Beata...then again, I found out she had a crush on every guy on campus! Big grin

Rhymes with "retard-a"

Okay TW, cut it out with your word associations...  Big grin

ctbarnes

RE: Non-sequitor

Tue Jan 30, 2001 3:33 am

If the girls at a Yale weekend were laid end to end I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

-Dorothy Parker

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

OO-VEG

Tue Jan 30, 2001 4:01 am

Yes US 330 I thought so.. probably I am too much European to like the sport , but what I was wondering the system of points at American Football.
Now if I am right a touchdown is 6 points, and what about all those yardlines what is the meaning of those lines???

TWFirst
Topic Author

RE: OO-VEG

Tue Jan 30, 2001 4:15 am

The team with the ball has four chances to move the ball down the field by 10 yards. The field is 100 yards long (so, it is about 90 metres or something like that). This is why the field must be marked as such. If they do not advance the ball 10 yards after four tries (called "downs"), then the other team gets the ball. Usually, after the 3rd down, a team will kick the ball to the other team, who must start their advance towards the endzone from where they catch the ball. After a touchdown or field goal, the scoring team also kicks off to the receiving team.

A touchdown is worth 6 points, and after a touchdown, the team gets a chance to earn an extra point by kicking the ball through the goal posts.

If the offensive team moves the ball down the field but can't get a first down (meaning after 3 downs they haven't moved the ball 10 yards), if they are within kicking range of the goal posts, they can kick a field goal, which is worth 3 points.

TWFirst
Topic Author

Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:35 am

And now for something completely different. Was scanning the web and found:

I live right next door to here (my building is behind the church from this view, but it's actually across the street from the right side of the church if you're looking at it straight on).

Also, the new NHL arena is just down the hill from the Cathedral and my apt:

Just thought I'd share some images of my 'hood with you all.

Lindy

Tue Jan 30, 2001 7:37 am

TWFirst hehe here is my favorite pub in my city in Poland. I spent there half of my teenage life. In summer time, you can seat outside under umbrelas and get totaly drunk or you can go inside and watch SOCCER games (not football)  Smokin cool This is old part of the city
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

TWFirst
Topic Author

Tue Jan 30, 2001 7:40 am

It looks totally cool!! I can imagine you falling down those steps. Big grin Big grin

Tue Jan 30, 2001 8:26 am

I thought I would post my pic on this topic. I havn't posted my pic on this sit before...so here it goes:

This is kinda old, but i pretty much look the same. (It was taken this summer).

Pretty damn sexy, eh?

Trvlr

RE: Derek H

Tue Jan 30, 2001 8:31 am

But not as sexy as this:

hehehe

Aaron G.

Tue Jan 30, 2001 8:36 am

NO NO....I DONT THINK SO!!! Im the king, and now you had better step down....You know im sexy....you know it....admit it....

LOL  Smokin cool

Trvlr

Tue Jan 30, 2001 9:09 am

You remind me of one of my friends I knew from a few years ago. I saw him last year and he was fat and ugly Big grin Big grin Big grin LOL

jus' playin. You look like him before he was fat and ugly.

Come on, who could be more sexy than I? Those eyes would pierce anyone's heart.  Acting devilish Smokin cool

Aaron G.

Tue Jan 30, 2001 9:12 am

Ummm.....no....i dont think so.....not 'anyone' would find your eyes pircing....b/c i dont! Just to let you know, your eyes are all that great, IMO.

Tue Jan 30, 2001 9:13 am

AND...it looks like your eyes contain the devil...are you evil??!

Trvlr

Tue Jan 30, 2001 9:14 am

Hey its a bad digital camera. Give me at least some credit for that kind of resolution Big grin Big grin

Aaron G.

Trvlr

Tue Jan 30, 2001 9:17 am

Oh and in response to your last post, I am Jewish... Acting devilish ooohh bad joke.

Aaron G.

Lindy

Tue Jan 30, 2001 11:08 am

TWFirst hehe actually I didnt have that pleasure to kiss the road  Wink/being sarcastic
I forgot to mention that beside sport bar you have night club downstairs. That club is very small (maybe for 150 people), but it used to be very cool  Smile All my friends in that club were bartenders or waiteres ( I finished in Poland culinary high school  Big grin dont forget I am cook not a cock  Smokin cool )

I have plenty of stories about me and that club hehehe but they are for other time hehehe
Well, here is simple quiz. You have to locate 4 people on this picture. Lindy, Rohda, Ryszarda and Dennis. hehehe
First grade elementary school 1983  Smokin cool

Smokin cool
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Trvlr

Tue Jan 30, 2001 11:17 am

Is that you next to the teacher?

Aaron G.

Tue Jan 30, 2001 11:51 am

I think he's in the back...last row, second from left. Although you might be right Aaron, he could be next to the teacher trying to cup a feel. Big grin

DeltaRNOmd-80

Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:01 pm

back row, second from left.... that there looks like a girl to me, the white poms in her hair kind of give it away for me, but I could be wrong. I too think he is next to the teacher, judging from the picture of him in the white evening gown that he posted a while back.

LH423

Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:03 pm

Look at all those budding commies!  Smile I bet whatever we're going to call him is the only one without both hands on the desk, coz the other is trying to cop a feel from one of the girls around him Big grin Wait, I just looked, and none of them had their hands on the desk. Damn, why couldn't I have grown up in Poland?! Big grin

Okay B, I'll stay on you for as long as you want, but that may give you reason to NOT sit your ass down and type! But I WANT THAT DAMN E-MAIL! Okay, I'm going to have to climb down off of U.S.S. Blanche, coz I'm tired and going to bed.

Evvie

DeltaRNOmd-80

Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:12 pm

LH423, WRONG, the one in the very back row, second from the left, has her hands on the desk Big grin

blink182

Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:14 pm

Lindy: How many people have you screwed?  Smile
DeltaSF0- I will agree to Us330, as I live right outside of HP(highland park). I will admit that some of my friends live there, and that there are some nice people there. But on the WHOLE, they are a bunch of rich white snobs. There are NO african americans, hispanics or any other race living there. That does not include some of my friends(one of my best friends lives in HP actually). As a whole, they are rich white snobs. The land is very small, and very expensive, so if you build a mid size two story house, you will pretty much have no yard. The prices are also jacked up too.
rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:15 pm

back row, second from left.... that there looks like a girl to me, the white poms in her hair kind of give it away for me

Damn! Lindy you were a cross-dresser in grade school. Big grin

I guess you guys are right, he's next to the teacher...hmmm, wonder what that right hand is doing?

TWFirst
Topic Author

Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:20 pm

He is DEFINITELY the one in front of the teacher - his head is right next to her sweet-smelling snatch, third row back on the left end. It looks just like his communion picture.  Big grin

You mean they didn't have color film in Poland in 1983?? Dang, that's rough.

NOW where else but in TWFirst Vol. IV will you find two straight male teens fighting over who is sexier??? Huh? HUH? NOWHERE I TELL YOU!!! Nowhere on airliners.net will you find straight male teens fighting over who is sexier. Now THAT'S entertainment folks! And if you boys want to continue that fight on the wrestling mat while Dk and LH423 and few others of us watch, not that I'm encouraging you or suggesting that you do that or anything, you just go right ahead. Whatever you need to do to settle that argument, feel free to do it, cuz it's a free country. YUP, we're not going to stop you. No sirreee. Not us.

Big grin Big grin Big grin

OO-VEG

Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:43 pm

Hmmm, which one is Lindy??

Second row 3th from the right...

Motivation, that boy is surrounded by girls.

I have no clue about the other ones.