Olympic A-340
Topic Author

Ok...I Think I Am Gay

Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:43 am

I thought I should post this here, and get advice and thoughts on this rather than telling anyone at school or my family. I know that all of you (most of you) are understanding.

Ok, about a year and a half ago, I had some "inklings" that I was attracted to guys. I never gave it too much thought. Being in 8th grade, I just thought it was a phase (puberty..etc) Then I started looking at guys differently, thinking about them, and just wondering what it would be like to be "close" to a male person. Anyway, about 5 months passed, and I went to Greece to visit family. I met a girl, there, and went out with her. I told everyone I loved her and cared for her, but deep down I knew that I never felt this for her. As I look back on it, and it was as if I was trying to trick myself that I wasn't gay. Then high school started, and I fully realized I was attracted to guys, it was as if it just hit me. I came home and just sat and cried in my room because I knew I would be different. And if anyone found out or thought that I was gay, I knew they would torment me with no mercy. Someone on the internet told me about a magazine geared for gay young teenagers, I bought it the very next day. Every article about feeling different, or knowing you are gay but not admitting it to yourself I related to. Finally, I felt that I could admit to myself that I was gay, and I did just that. That was about a month or so ago. And now after understanding fully who I am, I have realized that I will have to explain who I am to many many people. People who will just not understand. Even my family in Greece will not understand, and most importantly to me at this point in my life, my friends won't understand. I sometimes ask them what they think of gay people, and they nearly burst out laughing, or say eww they are gross. But what I think is that they are ignorant, and have no idea what I will eventually go through and what many of you have gone through.

When I was in Greece this past summer, we went out to dinner with a very good friend of ours who happens to be gay. Everyone looked at him, made stupid remarks about him, and even moved when they saw him coming. I cannot believe people would do this..it is disgusting.

I kept thinking for a long time, why me, why did I have to be this way. Surely, I won't have the easiest life, being gay in such a heterosexual geared society must be hard. But then I thought maybe I am this way because only the emotionally and mentally strong people are chosen to live this life.

For those of you who will say this is a learned "behavior" or that gays are just people who want attention...I say you are full of B/S. THIS IS NOT A learned behavior. I didn't want to be gay, nor did I learn to be gay, I developed into who I am, throughout my life. I have accepted this, and I am ready to go into this kind of life. People at my school sometimes call me gay or fag, or whatever, but if they had any idea how much it hurt from my point of view, they would stop in an instant. Do you think that I want to live like this? Being looked at, being labeled as "fag", or just scoffed at and regarded as strange. No I don't! But this is who I am, and I cannot change it, nor do I want to change it. If I was "destined" to be gay, there must be a reason why. I don't know what that reason is, but there must be.

Now, I have come to the decision to tell my friend Melissa, she is the ONLY one, that I KNOW will not tell anyone nor laugh or regard me as "different." She will listen, and be understanding of who I am. What I don't understand, is how people just shut out a person upon hearing that they are gay! Don't they understand that they are the same person, same views, same everything, they are just gay. People should shut their mouths, and listen to what we have to say, because I am sure they could learn a hell of a lot.

Well. this is who I am...This is me...

Arrivederci
Olympic A-340

twa

Olympic A-340

Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:52 am

Hi Olympic A-340, Their is nothing wrong with being gay. Some of my best friends are gay, and I never once felt uncomfortable around them, or talking to them. You'll be fine

TWA

RE: Ok...I Think I Am Gay

Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:59 am

>>Don't they understand that they are the same person<<

People always want to be better then others, some think it is right to do this by categorizing race, religion ect. Other do it with understanding and wisdom!
Iain

mbmbos

RE: Olympic A-340

Sat Jan 27, 2001 7:14 am

Greetings Olympic,

You've shown a lot of courage and independent thinking in order to come to terms with your sexuality. I congratulate you.

I'm sure you must have faced a lot of confusing feelings and now face the specter of telling others.

I just want to let you know that I know it's not easy, but things will get better. You will find people who will accept you for what you are. And you will find that some people who already know you will eventually come around to realizing that you are the same person they've always known and loved.

Hang in there. Take your time. Know that there are people who love you and that you are worthy of love.

Take it easy.

- M
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

Sat Jan 27, 2001 7:18 am

Olympic A-340.

You have taken a big step. Accepting who you are is a very important part of growing up. When I was about your age I too had those feelings. I even had a long term relationship with a close friend of mine whom I though was gay too. This was when I was about 15 years old. Now I am 22. It is up to you if you want to tell people about your feelings. I remain with those feelings deep within me. I consider myself to be bisexual. That's because I am also attracted to women. When I meet a woman the first thing I tell her is that I am bisexual and that when I am with either one (Male or Female) I am monogamous - and true that is. Some women take it some just tell me get away from me you fag. I am actually going out with girl right now. She knows about me being the way I am and she is o.k. with it. We have been going out for about 2 years now. I have not cheated on her. And don't plan to either. I am not saying you should be like me or anything but wanted to point out my situation to you. I know it might make you a little confused. A lot of people don't believe in bisexuality. It does exist and I am living proof of it.

Trust me kid. Everything will be o.k.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

AA767-300ER

TWFirst

Sat Jan 27, 2001 7:24 am

Based on your post, it seems certain to me you have the intelligence and maturity to handle this. I'm sure you have read several posts here from gay members saying that we are comfortable with who we are and wouldn't change ourselves. Being a gay teenager can be very tough, especially when you are part of a culture (Greek) that over-emphasizes the "virtues" of heterosexuality. Eventually though, you will leave high school, go to college, and be much freer to be yourself.

You are already WAY ahead of a lot of other guys your age. Unlike just a few years ago, you have resources to help you not feel alone, like the magazine you mentioned (I didn't have anything like that 15 years ago). You seem to have people in your life you can talk to, you have access to information, and you can talk to your cyberpals here on airliners.net. You are definitely in good shape.

You shouldn't feel ashamed or feel like you're a freak. People can only make you feel this way if you allow them to. You are already very wise to realize that people fear what they do not understand. This is the toughest thing to remember, and it still doesn't prevent me from getting angry and frustrated at times. But you must always remember your self-worth is not based on your sexuality or other people's hateful remarks. Also, as I said earlier, it may be a little tough to explore your sexuality now, but in a couple years, you will have ample opportunities, I'm sure! And believe me, it is exhilerating when you are first exploring your sexuality (whether you're straight or gay).

I love being gay. It's really not that big of a deal. Good luck.

P.S. I recall seeing your picture posted in a thread here. I don't think you'll have any problems getting dates  Big grin.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

EIPremier

Sat Jan 27, 2001 7:31 am

There is a fine-line between striving to improve, and striving to be a different person. The latter can never happen, yet so many people try, and only inflict wounds on their self-esteem in the process.

I think you have taken a step in the right direction by coming to terms with a fundamental part of who you are. There are some striking differences among us, but the fact that we are not all alike allows us to grow and expand our minds into new ways of thinking. America is supposed to be a pluralistic society, but we still have a long way to go. Why can't people understand that there would be nothing more BORING and PREDICTABLE than a society of people who had identical thoughts/feelings/ideas/values etc...???

BTW, I really do feel that homosexuals are still the most discriminated against group around. I'm not gay myself, but it bothers me how freely people are willing to label those who "don't conform" as "faggots" or "wierdos" are so on. We fear what we don't understand...

CPDC10-30

Sat Jan 27, 2001 7:37 am

I'm glad to hear that you're so open at such a young age. When I was your age, I would never even thought about confessing my attraction to men to anyone...not even anonymous people on a computer bulliten board.
Don't worry what kids your own age say about homosexuality...I used to use homophobic language around that age and look at me now  Smile/happy/getting dizzy They're probably gay too...or otherwise just immature. The rest of the world has becoming much more accepting particularly in the past five years.

My coming out process started only when I was 16 and still hasn't finished. Don't feel like you have to be any hurry to tell everyone...evaluate each situation and then make a choice. The first girl I came out to was only because she had asked me out on a date (lol!). Don't put pressure on yourself to come out to everyone and join the "scene". Only do what you want...not what others think you are expected to do.

My boyfriend learned the ins and outs of gay stuff through the bar scene (despite being underage) and through a youth group. He now looks back on those experiences as valuable, but certainly not pleasant. I never had to do this because he is the first and only man that I have ever been with. When you start to meet other gay guys, remember to be yourself.

My $0.02 (Cdn). Good luck to you and feel free to email me.

TWFirst

RE: Mr. Maple Leaf (over The Crotch) 2001

Sat Jan 27, 2001 7:44 am

Your two cent are only worth about $.012 US  Big grin.

USAFHummer

Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:19 am

Olympic,

I am very impressed with your courage and openness in telling this to us.

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

dk

Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:28 am

Just had to chime in here and ditto all of the above posts which have said it better than I could. You sound like a very intelligent and articulate young man and I'm sure that great things are in store for you! I've always felt lucky to be who I am, life can be wonderful, it all depends on what you put into it and it sounds like you have a great start!

Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:31 am

Olympic -

Maybe I'm outta place having an opinion on this, as I am not a man, and I am not gay. I cannot "feel" how it feels for you, but I have compassion, and I could imagine.

People form these strange opinions onlots of things, just not gays. They have to be seen as conforming and dare not to accept something, their peers wouldn't.

What does that say about them?

I like gay men. They do not bother me in the slightest. I think they enrich a womans life. I love their company.

I say do what your heart tells you. Be comfortable with yourself, and don't try and be what you are not.

To those who cannot accept you, it is their loss. Any decent human being would accept you, and be understanding. If they can't, they have the problem. Gay men make the best friends for women. I love their sense of humour.

Just my 2cents.

twa

Olympic A-340

Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:46 am

Heya again, If you have any problems feel free to E-Mail me at [email protected]

TWA

N863DA

RE: A Few Points

Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:47 am

I confess I didn't read all the replies above, so I apologize if I repeat (re-emphasize maybe) anything from above.

OK I would just like to point out that I think it takes a great deal of courage for what you've done, but I don't want you to get even more dissappointed with the general population than you already are. Please take to heart just a few of the following things...

1) Think of how long it took you to come to terms with your sexuality. It would have taken years - you yourself said this - for you to come to terms with it. It may take people (including your best friend) a short time, or even a long time, to come to terms with things. It's a big step.

2) Don't be labeled. If you sleep with guys, good for you. (Hell - it's more common than anyone would like to admit.) Just because it's 'done' perhaps in the 'gay' world, don't feel you have to do it... you may have already realized this but I've seen people get even more confused when they try to be things they're not - in the opposite extreme to usual.

4) Your parents will still love you in the end - mine are very religious rednecks - and it took them 6mo's + to get used to it, but when they did, they came around in the end. Given, it will take time - and they will go thru a lot of trouble in their own minds trying to establish first 'Where did we go wrong?' and then it may move onto 'But you're so....' (fill in the blank) and then perhaps 'But I don't want him to be discriminated against in his life'.

5) You live in Florida, right? Well I assume you probably don't live up toward me in the PNS/TLH/JAX area - correct me if I'm wrong - but even if you do, society is relatively open to it. Be thankful you don't live north of the border where it's illegal to sleep with another guy...  Smile Down south (where I assume you live - MCO/FLL/MIA area, correct?) it's much more readily acceptable, but up here in TLH/JAX/PNS we are still relatively open-minded. People don't really care who you sleep with...  Smile

6) As Andy (TWFirst) said - being gay is just a small part of your life. And it's really not so hard to get by... just don't go over the top in your opinion if you don't want to - IE Don't be pressurized.

My point? Just be happy, satisfied and try to get by in the way you intended. If you find a cute guy - great!

FLY DELTA JETS and sail UNITED STATES LINES

N 8 6 3 D A

Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:59 am

My advice is probably not needed, you have plenty of support in this forum. Good luck young man...

sincerely,

Dr. Ruth

P.S. Yoohoo! Dr. Laura vhere are you? I miss you...

Sat Jan 27, 2001 9:25 am

You have my support as well. What magazine did you first look at? Do they still sell it?

Jack

Olympic A-340
Topic Author

Sat Jan 27, 2001 9:30 am

Thanx guyz for all your support...
and Jack that magazine is called XY...very good magazine =-)

Arrivederci
Olympic A-340

VirginLover

Sat Jan 27, 2001 9:35 am

Hey!

Although I'm a tad bit sad that you're out of my pond  Smile, I'm very proud of you for making such a big step. I hope your sweetness and charm will find you someone.

Trvlr

Sat Jan 27, 2001 10:03 am

You had a lot of courage to admit this. Good for you. Your maturity and insight is beyond your age. You will face problems, but just take everything one at a time and it should all be ok.

Good Luck!!!
 Smile
Aaron G.

ILUV767

Sat Jan 27, 2001 10:29 am

I'm glad that you are aware of your sexuality. Its important to know what you feel, and be in touch with your feelings. Some of my friends are gay, and they are soooo cool! They know how to have fun, and seem to enjoy life a lot more. I do want to warn you that acceptance will be an up-hill battle, but everyone here supports you.

Good Luck! I wish you the best.

-David

Peter

Sat Jan 27, 2001 10:48 am

Basically, I agree with what everyone else has said. That took alot of courage and I respect you alot.

OH-LGA

Sat Jan 27, 2001 11:07 am

Let me add my voice to the chorus, you are very mature for your age and I wish the best of luck for you. If you ever need someone to talk to... I'd be glad to help!

Moi,
Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

Sat Jan 27, 2001 11:48 am

Gay, shmay....

Your an Airliner nut just like the rest of us losers and thats whats cool!

Bicoastal

Sat Jan 27, 2001 2:43 pm

Relax. You're only in 8th grade. Hormones are going crazy and life is becoming interesting. Don't come to any conclusions or put yourself in categories. Keep your mind open, focus on your studies, learn about safe sex (which is good advice for either sex you end up with). What's the big rush in dating/coming out anyway? Again, you're only in 8th grade. No matter what your orientation is, don't be promiscuous until you mature a bit. Kids jump into sex much too early these days.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

Sat Jan 27, 2001 4:20 pm

Olympic A-340,

The discoveries we make of ourselves. I'm glad you found the courage to come out on this forum, obviously the hard work of many of us has led you to feel a sort kinship or trust.

One thing you have to remember is that you are just the same as anyone else. Same thoughts, same desires (basically) and the same ideals. You are no different than anyone else.

I would suggest you keep the knowledge to yourself in School. Younger people without the wisdom of adulthood can be both cruel and ignorant. You don't need the sort of problems that many of us have endured in our school lives.

Unless of course your a big bugger with a metre wide chest!! Only kidding. The trick is to live your life at school as you would any other time. Obviously girls are out of the question, but many young men have a hope in hell of enduring the dating game so going without a girlfriend is nothing new. Depending on where you live there must be a gay youth group of some discription. Try one perhaps that is out of town, and be discreet as probably the rest of the members are as well.

I guess I am torn as an adult in how to advise young people, as youngsters from my neck of the woods have it easy as homosexuality is just about an accepted norm, not like other places in the world.

But I can only say that it is responsible to not tell your parents until you are able to look after yourself, and of an age like 18.

I guess what I am trying to say is keep the knowledge to yourself if you can. You don't want the homophobes or ignorant to discover your "minor difference" to themselves. I know it's hard but it also makes us a lot stronger at least until adulthood.

We have all at one time or another pretended to be straight so as not to embarass our family or friends. It doesn't matter how much they love you. Many will be offended and you will surprised how many don't give a stuff.

Have hope, desires and do well in school. The time will come when you have nothing to hide and no-one to answer to.

Do you have any "suspected" gay friends in the family? If so make friends with them, if only to let yourself know that they are just like you.

And always remeber that you have many friends here at airliners.net. Both hetero and homo.

All the best.

(I did this a while ago and it got me into trouble but if you want someone to talk to via e-mail about anything please feel free to e-mail me at  Smile

[email protected]

mb

Sat Jan 27, 2001 4:45 pm

Theres only one way to be sure

www.straightacting.com/guyquiz.shtml

p.s. I got level 1

Sat Jan 27, 2001 4:51 pm

do'h!, that is a site for gay man only, I just noticed that......oh well. I am 105% straight in every respect, no offence gay people I have nothing against you.

Sun Jan 28, 2001 4:29 am

Hello there!

A lot had been said already but here are my two (US) cents!

Life's chalenges are going to be the same whether you are straight, BI or gay. It is good to know who you are and accept yourself the way you are. Don't be afraid to accept yourself and don't make a huge story to others about your sexual orientation. Your sexual life is your intimacy - share it with your close ones.
I don't see as being gay is worse or better than being straight. Yes, there are some advantages of being straight because the society decided so. But don't think that just being straight you are happy sexually or happy at all. Think about of a 24 hours time period how much it represents the sexual part of your life. Calculate the percentage from the 24 hours period and apply it to the period of your life when you could be sexually active. Then figure out how much of your life you are going to be in the gay "world" or in the straight "world" (for the straight ones). Not that much! All the rest of the time we all are just going to be equal, as human beings as God wants us to be. If God didn't want gay on Earth, he would not make any of us gay. But there is a reason for our existence and for sure God didn't based it on the sexual orientation.

I wish you all the best in your life because you deserve it like anyone else, no matter what or who you like.

Take care!

woody

Sun Jan 28, 2001 7:06 am

As a gay man myself, I wish you a happy and successful life. Don't worry about what people think, as long as you are true to yourself it doesn't matter.
And because gay people don't get any affirmation for coming out, I'm going to do something that Oprah did for Ellen...although I can't give you a cake I can give you the quote.

"Congratulations You're Gay!"  Big thumbs up

-Mike

deltaflyertoo

Sun Jan 28, 2001 7:37 am

Olympic,

Dude, you are only in the 9th grade. You are so young. You are in one of the most stressful times of your life, highschool and puberty! It will work out. Just constantly be in touch with your feelings on a day by day basis. Also don't worry about telling people. In all honesty, it really is no one's business. Nobody ever has the right to know someone's sexual orientation. Being gay isn't the criteria that defines you, it is the person that you are, your values, thoughts, ideas, ambitions and how you treat others that defines you. As a straight person, I resent the hell out of people asking me who I'm dating, what girl I've been with etc. AND I've been asked if I am gay or straight myself. Nobody has to know. If you come out, do it slowly. Just let your friends know, if you really feel like your family is going to be upset and all that drama, is it worth it? Lucky for you , you are at an age where heterosexual relationships don't mean shit, and will be like that for the next 8 years. You have no rush to come out or 100% affirm the way you feel now as being the way it will be for your lifetime.

VirginLover

Sun Jan 28, 2001 7:43 am

I agree with Deltaflyertoo... I've just started dating someone and I've been bombarded with questions. Usually, I'm a open person and tell everyone everything, but I just didn't feel like telling people details this time around. It leads me to this quote(by me)
"The World has Turned into my Paparazzi"
(I've also asked my friend who was asking too many questions: "Why don't you just run me into a Parisian tunnel?")

Sun Jan 28, 2001 7:56 am

I respect you totally for your courage!

AA737-800

us330

Sun Jan 28, 2001 8:11 am

VirginLover, that was a nice retort on your part.
Anyway, I just want to reiterate that you should keep this issue private and not discuss it with your schoolmates. I know how immature some kids can be, and as someone who has been picked on constantly since the first grade for one thing or another, I would hate to see you go through such an ordeal especially at this time of your life. I go to an all boys school, so kids can be alot tougher there since they don't have the opposite sex to keep them in check. Fag, gay, and queer have become terms at my school that are used in a very broad sense, and I have been asked several times by classmates if I was gay, and their reasoning for it was that they thought I didn't like to be around girls, when I was actually very shy. The point is, keep this issue to yourself, and if you are teased or hazed because of this, whatever you do, don't fight back. If you don't fight back, it will show you are a bigger person than them, because as the saying goes, "It takes a big man to start a fight, but it takes an even bigger man not to fight"

olympicEagle

Sun Jan 28, 2001 10:12 am

your born gay.....Well i feel bad for you because you are young and you are Greek. I know Greek families will not except it at all. Being Greek and all I feel bad for you and your parents who will probably go crazy and try to kill you or hire Hookers for you. I never had a gay friend but if i did I would feel uncomfortable because they might try a homosexual move. No offense to the Gay community. YOUR BORN WITH THIS so dont sweat it. Much Luck to you
Olympic Airways Pilot

Sun Jan 28, 2001 10:16 am

Are file........gamoto ellinas kai gay? Den kollane .... efxom na exeis kalli tixi me tin hkogenia sou kai allous filous kai den pirazei tin na kanoume!! Den eise o monos..anwyayzz kalli tixy kai palli!

rgrds--QS343E!

Sun Jan 28, 2001 11:21 am

Olympic A-340,

well,i'm also gay (perhaps bi) and around your age,i think.About 6 months ago i was in the same situation like you, i've told it first my sister and than a good friend.well,my sister is bisexual -so no prob and the friend is female,i think it's better to tell it female friends
first,they tolerate it more than males.well,it was a huge
step in my life and now i'm feeling more free, i could be
more myself and i like my life.i never regret it.most of my
friends don't know that i'm gay ,but i will tell it them soon,i think they already know that i'm gay,they also know that i can never fall in love with friends or people,i know a long time.they often even ask me ,if i'm gay.and last time when we talked in the class about gay and bi, one of my friends(?) said,that he thinks it is a sickness...strange feeling,hearing something like that from a friend...well,there are many prejudices against
gay/bi people,but why are they so intrested with who i have sex?? i think it's not their problem.
well,i'm kind of proud to be gay and i wanna tell it them, but i'm so afraid to lost them.i think if u tell it them u know who are real friends...select the people good and concern your coming out slowly, i think it's better but i even don't know it so good,cauze at the moment only my sister,all my female friends and my best
friend know it.i think my parents won't tolerate it,too...

well,sorry for my english,it's not so good and if i told more about myself...sorry.i think you'll do the right for your life and i know that it's hard to accept yourself.
enjoy your life.
good luck,

TG A330

767ALLTHEWAY

Sun Jan 28, 2001 12:35 pm

I applause you, for being so open, and being able to express your thoughts is good. Even though i am not gay, one of my friends is, and he is a freshman in high school, and people like him for who he is, not his beliefs or his sexual desires. And people accept him. Its gonna be ok. Good luck!  Smile
-767ALLTHEWAY
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear"

Sun Jan 28, 2001 12:42 pm

Hey There!

Check out http://www.mogenic.com/ ("Mojenic"), for support/information, links etc.

And another mag (like XY) is http://www.joeymag.com/

Both are great support resorces.

Just thought that you would like to know about SOME of the sites that are on the net for Gay Teens.

Later!

heffer

Sun Jan 28, 2001 10:58 pm

Hey Alec

I'm very glad to see that these people are here to support you. I think people more and more are getting the picture that it is ok to be diffrent. Yes when you tell people you might get a yuck or thats sick, but what can you expect, thats diffrent from them. You can;t help beeing gay. I'm sure some people have tried o be gay but i beleave that it's something that you are born with. And to make fun of that person is wrong, it's almost like makeing fun of someone with a disability. I don't know if i made much scence here i'm really tired.

Eric

Olympic A-340
Topic Author

Mon Jan 29, 2001 11:41 am

Hey Guys,
I just told my friend Dana I was gay. And she thinks it is really cool... she is the first friend of mine at school that I have told, and I feel so happy...A huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders. I was so nervous before I told her, I was shaking, and then I told her...and she was surprised and I had to explain a few things. Yet, she thinks it is awesome that I had the courage to do that, and she is really cool with it. I am a new person as of today!  Smile
Thanx for all of your support guyz...
And remember always be yourself

Arrivederci
Olympic A-340

Peter

Mon Jan 29, 2001 11:46 am

That's great. I hope that things keep going well.

Mon Jan 29, 2001 12:07 pm

i think it is good you have the confidence to say what you feel but just be prepared for people who might not feel compassion for you even though you might be a wonderful person. best of luck
~10

Trvlr

Mon Jan 29, 2001 12:08 pm

Good job Alec!!

It was smart of you to tell a girl friend. I think they would be the ones who would be the most accepting. Men are usually the people who are the most hostile towards gay people. It's probably because many of them are inwardly weak and feel threatened. Or they're just plain dumb.

Aaron G.

LatinPlane

Mon Jan 29, 2001 1:33 pm

Welcome to the Club!  Big grin

Everything will be allright! Just don't let anyone convince you that you can't do or be whatever you want to be. Don't let them dictate your life. Your happiness is all that matters. Take good care.

Regards,
Apollo Diaz
Los Angeles, CA.
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

AF-A319

Mon Jan 29, 2001 8:21 pm

Hi Olympic,

That's amazing! I think that I felt exactly what you now feel just 1 year ago.. in january 2000. I'm now 18 years old, and I have to say that I have never been so happy in my life. I'm sure it will happen to you... Don't worry! Welcome back to life!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Enjoy it!  Wink/being sarcastic
Be happy!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Congratulation for having found the courage of aknowleging what you ARE.

Lou, a 18 years old gay teenager from CDG.
email : [email protected]

LoneStarMike

Tue Jan 30, 2001 4:19 am

I can't realy add anything to what everyone else has said to you, except to wish you good luck, but I do know of an excellent website that was designed with gay teens in mind. It answers lots of questions you may be having and also provides a list of resources.

You may want to check it out if you get a chance. It is at:

http://www.pe.net/~bidstrup/cool.htm

Hope this will help some.

LoneStarMike

TWFirst

Tue Jan 30, 2001 4:30 am

Just for the heck of it, I'm wondering how many gay/bi members of airliners.net we can list. This may help illustrate that none of us are alone. Here are the ones I know of:

Olympic A340
Brissie Lions
CPDC10-30
Mx5_boy
LH423
Dk
TWFirst
XQF
AA767-300ER
Woody
TG A330
AF-A319
Latinplane
Travelin Man
Polaris
Nicolaki
Ilyushin96M
Surf
N863DA

OK, I know there are lots more but I really have to go pee right now... Somebody continue the list...

VirginLover

Tue Jan 30, 2001 4:52 am

Woo hoo! You go!!  Big thumbs up

Anyone Else?

Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:32 am

Anyone else wanna come out in this forum. Please feel free to do so.

Lord have mercy there is a lot of us here. Enough to make one helluva big orgy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Just kiddin'

aa767-300er

TWFirst

Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:36 am

Why are you kidding?

Laugh out loud