Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

twa747100
Topic Author

Do You/have You Ever Smoked Weed?

Sun Feb 18, 2001 8:57 am

Ill start this. I use to buy ,sell, trade and grow weed. I have been clean for about a month and a half and its been one of the hardest thing ive ever done. Has anyone else gone threw this?(Starting then stoping?)
My favorite thing I use to do is get in my friends truck and we would go sneak down to our airport and sit in the woods just about 200 yards away from the active runway and smoke while all the md-80s and 737's land.The hard part was gettting back over the fence without falling on our faces.
Matt

We're Nuts

RE: Do You/have You Ever Smoked Weed?

Sun Feb 18, 2001 9:21 am

If you want my opinion, I think there are a few people on this forum who still do....

DE727UPS

Sun Feb 18, 2001 9:24 am

HA HA HA....standby to get flamed. I haven't done it in 15 years but didn't have any problems stopping when the time came....I never did much of it anyway. My advice to those who do drugs is to get off them before you get involved in an aviation career....random testing will catch up to you sooner or later.

Sun Feb 18, 2001 9:55 am

You can see the withdrawl in his typing, he never put a 'd' on used, he always wrote use!
I personally have never done any drugs! I have never been interested in them. I really feel that you do not need drugs to have a good time. All you need to do is slap on a smile and enjoy!  Smile
Iain

CXA330-342

Sun Feb 18, 2001 10:16 am

I haven't done drugs at all in my life, and I don't plan to. Why get artificially high when you can get a natural high? Some natural highs are getting a smile from the person you love, buying your first pet, actually making a landing in flight simualator, and getting a nice compliment. However, I have been drunk, but that was when I was 7. It wasn't intentional, and it wasn't fun.

KLM747

Sun Feb 18, 2001 10:34 am

I certainly never took any type of drug. Very bad!

KLM747 Big grin

Canada Mike

Sun Feb 18, 2001 10:34 am

No, I've never smoked weed, but I dumped a few of my friends because they went totally pot-headed. I mean, it was embarrasing to be seen with them because they were always stoned. When they started skipping class to go smoke up in the bushes behind the West Gym, that's when I got really fed up and quit them. Now they always come up to me outside the mechanics hallway (aka scrub's lanes) and tell me they need money; they're muching out, but spent all their money on weed. Eech. It's seriously not cool. Not to mention sad and pitiable.

Cheers.
Canada Mike
ICQ 108008798

Sun Feb 18, 2001 10:59 am

I too have never smoked anything and I never will. I also had to dump a friend who turned into a total pot head, it really is sad considering we've been friends for a very long time..........

twa747100
Topic Author

Sun Feb 18, 2001 11:24 am

FP_v2
I know what yha mean, my best friend is now a pot head he pawned his n64 and his tv and stole weed from his sister to suport his habit.
I knew it was time to stop when i coudlnt remeber how the hell i goto were i was!

SophieMaltese

Sun Feb 18, 2001 11:31 am

Well, I'm a captain for a major airline and I have to say I smoke it daily. Crack too! Just kidding. Honestly, I have and it has never done a thing to me. I even had a pulmonologist show me how to "properly" smoke it and it still didn't do anything. I guess I was not meant to be a smoker....

bombstar

Sun Feb 18, 2001 11:49 am

I have smoked weed a few times out of curiosity, and it hasnt done a thing to me.

G Dubya

Sun Feb 18, 2001 12:52 pm

no comment...

Big grin

FlyBoeing

Sun Feb 18, 2001 1:53 pm

I used a potent opiate once for pain and I was whacked out of my gourd... it was sick. I was crying over a photo of Jane Fonda because I was totally feeling the pain of American POWs and how Jane Fonda spat on them. I mean I was weeping. At the breakfast table at home. My parents should have gotten out the camcorder and taped it and used the tape to blackmail me, I was so stupid. Fortunately I never taught them how to use it so I wouldn't get in these situations.

Then the opiate wore off since my mom (a doctor) wouldn't give me any more. I had to use Tylenol after that.

Adam84

Sun Feb 18, 2001 4:29 pm

I have smoked pot 3 times and pretty much hated all 3 times, I have not smoked pot in 3 years. Anyhow about 75% of my friends became big time potheads and troublemakers once we hit 9th grade, I tried my best to stay friends with them but just said screw it.

cfalk

Sun Feb 18, 2001 8:17 pm

After my first taste of 'freedom', going to university and living on my own, I went nuts. starting maybe six months into my freshman year, I used it a LOT! Pot, acid, 'shrooms, X, coke (when I could get my hands on some), you name it, I did it (except heroin - never got near that stuff). I even did a lot of 'shopping runs' to Mexico (I was at University of Texas at Austin).

The result was my overall GPA in college went from a 3.57 down to about 1.5 in the space of a year. I was under the imminent threat of being kicked out of school, had lost all my good friends, having traded them in for fellow dopers, had sold my guitars and stereo, and was still broke all the time, is spite of working part time as a bus driver, getting nice union wages.

After I hooked up with a new girlfriend, she made me quit cold turkey, got myself a new bunch of friends, and got my grades back together, and ended up graduating a few years later near the top of my class. My girlfriend and I split ways rather badly after I graduated, but I will always owe her a lot for having dragged me out of that mess.

Charles

essjay

Sun Feb 18, 2001 10:45 pm

I've tried it once...not only did it taste like shit, it also did absolutely nothing for me!  Smile

I think people who smoke weed regularly are LOSERS! There is nothing more sad and pathetic as the sight of some stoned fool giggling at everything.

If this is your drug of choice, then I suggest you try something else...there are much better options out there!  Wink/being sarcastic

mls515

Mon Feb 19, 2001 12:05 am

Pot? Never. And I'm going to try my best not to do any of that stuff when I go to AMS in a month.

Alcohol is my drug of choice. But besides that, I've never taken anything to alter my mind in any way.

mls515

johnboy

Mon Feb 19, 2001 5:19 am

If the Melkweg is still around in AMS, then try one of the Space Cakes they sell in the back. For God's sake, don't try two though. If it's not, then just stop at any coffeeshop. You don't have to smoke it!

Accidentally

Mon Feb 19, 2001 10:19 am

I've never done any drugs, but when I broke my neck they pumped me full of Morphine and Ativan. When I was awake (very little) I have never felt anything like that before, I was so screwed up. I'm glad they did it though because i'm sure feeling them screwing bolts into your skull and hanging weights over the head of the bed from the bolts (traction) has to hurt like hell.

seven_fifty7

Tue Feb 20, 2001 6:08 am

Reefer is all right, except it usually makes me sleepy.

Ecstasy, on the other hand, is wonderful. I think (I need to go down to Brooklyn to find some after I finish typing this post.)

P.S. Kids under 21 should NEVER try this. Say no to Drugs (unless you live in Amsterdam). Stay in School... And while I'm at it, don't drink and drive... Don't take any wooden quarters... A penny saved is a penny earned... A stitch in time saves nine... Don't burn any bridges... Don't count your chickens before they're hatched... Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today... A bird in the hand is worth two in a bush... Rome wasn't built in a day... Finders keepers, losers weepers... If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen... Patience is a virtue... Look before you leap... It takes two to tangle... Every dog has its day... Cleaniness is next to godliness........

BranVan3K

Tue Feb 20, 2001 6:18 am

"Ecstasy, on the other hand, is wonderful."

Have fun with your brain jelly in 5-10 years.

twa

Tue Feb 20, 2001 7:13 am

WEED SUX

TWA

KROC

Tue Feb 20, 2001 8:02 am

Uhhh, I smoked, but I didn't inhale.

In reality, I agree with TWA.

Tue Feb 20, 2001 5:01 pm

Well here is what I think....... what was the question?