Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

administrator
Topic Author

Forum Faq?

Thu Feb 22, 2001 4:49 am

Do you guys remember the forum FAQ? It was an honest attempt to create a section with answers to the most common questions asked (repeatedly) in the civil aviation forum. Unfortunately the guy who was helping out quit for some reason and the section was soon forgotten.

Don't you agree something like that might actually be useful though? Something that new users can read instead of posting repeats of issues that have been discussed to death. Not only the kinds of questions currently in the FAQ but also the "Airbus vs Boeing" type where the answer can simply be links to all the old discussions we've had on the subject.

Anyone with a lot of forum experience interested in tackling the job?

Regards,
Johan
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)

Matt D

RE: Forum Faq?

Thu Feb 22, 2001 4:53 am

I would love to Johan, but with my very volatile work schedule, and long hours, there'd be no way I could give you a 100% commitment.
But thanks for asking. Hopefully someone good will step up to the plate.

Matt

Thu Feb 22, 2001 4:55 am

How about getting some Russian stuff into the FAQ?

Scotty

OH-LGA

Thu Feb 22, 2001 5:19 am

I'd love to help...

what exactly would it entail though? I'm home quite a bit (due to homeschooling and all that) so I'm on here quite a bit Big grin I'm sure I could at least give it a shot...

Moi,
Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

Thu Feb 22, 2001 6:43 am

Johan I would really enjoy to tackle the job. I have been here the second longest (FlyF15 has been here longer then me) and I would be honored if I was selected. I also feel that I would be able to give honest, correct answers.
Iain

Thu Feb 22, 2001 7:18 am

I'd also be willing to help with the FAQ.

Corey777

WorldTraveller

Thu Feb 22, 2001 7:21 am

Iainhol, I seriously doubt that you "have been here the second longest"

Your userprofile shows "1 year 144 days", mine says "1 year 271 days" and I know many people who joined about the time I did.

Anyway, I'd like to make the job but unfortunately I'm too busy at the moment...  Sad

Best regards
the WorldTraveller

P.S. Keep up the great work Johan!

Thu Feb 22, 2001 8:22 am

World Traveller we have discussed this before, I have had 2 usernames with this software, one was British Airways 747 (I think), however I was here before we had user profiles.
Iain

OH-LGA

Thu Feb 22, 2001 10:47 am

Yea... same with me... I've been here since BEFORE the new forum as we know it came on (almost 2 years now?), anybody who's been around as long as I have will remember the Aviator_UA scandal, that's proof of my existence in this forum for a long period of time.

I also used to be known by the username "Johans", I changed it because people confused me with the Administrator of this website...

Moi,
Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

redngold

Thu Feb 22, 2001 11:47 am

I'd be willing to contribute a section or two to the FAQ; however I can't volunteer to maintain it.

Frankly, tonight was the first time I ever checked it, and I found the information quite good. However the grammar could use a brush-up...

Here's what I can contribute:

1. Why are runways numbered that way?
2. Information about the worst plane crash in history, the Tenerife collision.
3. Info about TWA 800 (arguments, theories, and the NTSB/FAA/FBI reports)

redngold
Up, up and away!

BranVan3K

Thu Feb 22, 2001 11:57 am

Speaking of past happenings ---

What ever happend to American MD-80 who used to post the most pointless banter ever? "what are the cups like aboard delta 727s?"

heh, it was pure amusement...

Anybody know what i am talkin' 'bout?

DG_pilot

Iainhol

Thu Feb 22, 2001 2:24 pm

Iainhol:
Sorry, but I think I have been here longer. My profile says 1 year 178 days. Just "picking nits."  Wink/being sarcastic

-Dustin

FLY777UAL

Thu Feb 22, 2001 3:46 pm

Iainhol...didn't it go from BA747 to VS747, and now to Iainhol? I remember having quite a few disputes with you as "BA747"... Smile/happy/getting dizzy

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

SInGAPORE_AIR

Thu Feb 22, 2001 8:51 pm

We could have a

ASK JOHAN!

place where we ask you questions like:

How much money do you make from this?
How old are you?
Are you studying?

Stuff like that. That would be good. Also I think that you participate in the discussion forums under a different name!  Big grin

ANyway, GUCK VIEL! und Tusen Och en Natt
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

[email protected]

Thu Feb 22, 2001 8:59 pm

I kinda agree with you Singapore Air. It would be nice to know a little bit more about Johan. No preassure though.  Smile

btw. Nice swedish Singapore Air. Big grin
(I know a couple of jokes about swedes, but if I want to get any more pictures accepted here, I'd better not tell you.)  Smile

[email protected]

"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Thu Feb 22, 2001 9:30 pm

I actually started off with Iainhol, with the first forum software, the reason being that one too had a passwrod, and I was trying to keep my username and passwords the same. From there it went to Virgin Atlantic, and then to BA, and when we needed passwrods on here again, it cam back to Iainhol. I too remember Aviator_UA and Mirage the imposter! L1011 has been here a long time also.
Iain

Thu Feb 22, 2001 11:32 pm

Aviatior_UA and Mirage.......boy are those some names from the past.

Fri Feb 23, 2001 5:05 am

Singapore_Air with a post like that I am not surprised why people do not like you! IMHO that really is non of our business.
Iain

[email protected]

Fri Feb 23, 2001 5:36 am

I also kinda agree with Iainhol. If Johan doesn't want to tell us, fine by me. However, I don't think that topic is reason enough to not like Singapore Air. There may very well be other reasons why some people don't like him.

[email protected]
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

administrator
Topic Author

Fri Feb 23, 2001 5:55 am

Thanks guys but we stick to the topic? Those of you that are genuinely interested in helping out with such a section and think you have the time, knowledge and motivation to make it success, please email me for more info.

Thanks,
Johan
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)