Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

The Gym?

Thu Apr 12, 2001 7:01 am

How many of you guys go to the gym? I work out every day now! I had about 8 months off, and realised that I was getting to be chubby, you could only tell when I had my shirt off. So I decided I would take care of it. I mostly work on my abs, chest, and arms, I do not really big legs I think they look funny!
Iain

lewis

RE: The Gym?

Thu Apr 12, 2001 8:15 am

I used to go to the gym but now i dont have any time to spare at all. Maybe during summer i might restart.

CPDC10-30

Thu Apr 12, 2001 8:18 am

I try to go running and swimming every few days but haven't for a while because of school. I'll start again this summer. When I'm in shape (like I was in September) I can run 15 km with ease. Now just 6 km is hard enough!!!
I don't believe in weight bearing exercises because they increase the likelyhood of injuries. Cardio is good enough for me.

Thu Apr 12, 2001 8:30 am

CPDC you do have a point however cardio workouts really do not build muscle and make you look better.
Iain

CPDC10-30

Thu Apr 12, 2001 8:36 am

Thats the whole point. I don't care about looking "better" or "pumped up". I care about being in good shape.

Thu Apr 12, 2001 8:50 am

I care about looking better!
Iain

Thu Apr 12, 2001 9:03 am

Yeah, I'm at the gym everyday for about an hour. I noticed it is really helping me gain muscle mass (doctors orders...lol). I mostly work my arms and chest for upper-body and my calves and quads for lower-body. Fun stuff.

Thu Apr 12, 2001 10:15 am

No, not really. We have our own little gym room. We have a tredmill, weights, benchpress, stair stepper (which never gets used), Nordictrac, one those things that has like five different work outs on it, a leg machine, a bike, a TV (for if we want to do arobics from a video), a slanted bench thing to do situps, i think that's it. then off of that room, there is a sauna, for when you are done working out, which is really nice!! This is in our basement, so i really have no need to go to a gym...But i have slacked off lately...getting a bit doughy...but that will hcange, i am going to start working out again...

guerosinfe

Thu Apr 12, 2001 10:16 am

I go swimming almost every day, it's not that hard, to me it's just to cross the street and I'm into the Flamengo's social area(pools, courts...).
I also play tennis and walk around a lagoon very famous, one of the most beautiful places in Rio De Janeiro...well it's just to cross the other street, hehehe, it's about 7,5km if I walk all the way round it .
I might go to a gym, not far from home, I'm used to just cross a street, in the winter(my winter is your summer).

It ain't that bad to be chubby...at least you can do the twist Smile/happy/getting dizzy

GüeroSinFé

SophieMaltese

Thu Apr 12, 2001 12:07 pm

I work out at a Pilates studio.

XFSUgimpLB41X

Thu Apr 12, 2001 12:19 pm

I used to work out religiously. It was basically an obssesion for me...something i had to do otherwise i would get all nervous and grumpy and crap. 3-4 times a week for 3 hours. I would start off with some warmups, then powerlift for 1.5 hours. 4 core lifts, heavy weight auxileries and finish off with burnout auxilieries and burnout bench usually. after that i would do an hour of conditioning and speed drills... 40 yard, 100 and 200 meter sprints and pushups, parachute/tire sprints... then finally do cool down stuff so i wouldnt get all sore.

I dont do that anymore b/c i dont play football interscholastically anymore, i just ride my bike, do pushups and situps and get into the weightroom everyonce in a while. I can defintiely tell ive been out of it... i used to could bench 290 and squat 500.. now i can barely bench 200 anymore. Kinda depressing, but it took too much out of my life. Oh well... maybe ill be able to get back into some heavy weight stuff later on.
Chicks dig winglets.

deltaflyertoo

Thu Apr 12, 2001 12:39 pm

I come and go w/ this issue. I've been inactive for about a month. I've never been able to consecutively work out 7 days a week or even 6. I'll go 4 or 5 straight days, and then get totally burned out. When I do go I run 3 miles. A lot of people at work go to the same gym and they tell me about this stationary bike riding class everyone lines up for that goes for like an hour. I've thought about doing that. The best thing to do is go straight after work, but lately l find all kinds of excuses not to go.

CPDC10-30

RE: Iainhol

Thu Apr 12, 2001 1:19 pm

When you're in a steady relationship you won't care as much anymore. Trust me.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Thu Apr 12, 2001 1:22 pm

I am the same way...I can be VERY faithful and workout everyday for like a week. then the next week its junk food, and sitting on ass in front of the computer. So it kinda defeats the purpose when i do that....But i think now, i can do it! Everyday...forever!

Fri Apr 13, 2001 1:13 am

I go about 4 times a week.

ryanb741

RE: CPDC10-30

Fri Apr 13, 2001 1:26 am

Too true! The day I got married, my physical shape and fitness started to plummet Smile
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

AerLingus

Fri Apr 13, 2001 11:37 am

I swim every weekday and run on Saturdays.
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

Marco

Fri Apr 13, 2001 11:31 pm

Yep, 4 times a week. 30 mins running and 30 mins pumping iron. It has helped me lose 20 kg. I used to be a chubby 80 KG teen now I'm a (ahem) good looking 60 KG 16 year old  Big grin
Proud to be an Assyrian!

LatinPlane

Sat Apr 14, 2001 11:03 am

I try to go to the gym about 5 times a week, but when I get busy with my studies I end up going about 3-2 days or so.

Anyway, last spring break I decided to take the week off. I didn't visit the gym for 7 consecutive days and I ate everything I wanted: Chilli burgers, pizza, tacos, fried chicken! Man o man! The last two days of spring break, me and my friends went down to Baja to celebrate the occasion. Two weeks later after I got to see the photos we took down there I totally freaked out. I had gained quite a few pounds! I've been back in the gym for two consecutive weeks and eating healthy like salads and so forth and now I'm back to my good old self again! So gym is an absolutly integral part of my life!

Best regards,
A. Diaz

Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

cba

Sat Apr 14, 2001 11:44 am

I don't have the time right now do get to the gym, but I do crunches everyday. I'm trying to get a nice six pack. This summer, I will start working out. I need to add about 6 inches to my vertical jump for basketball, and buff up a bit for football. I'll be trying out for QB for the JV squad next year. Some of those guys are literally twice my size.

Adam84

Sat Apr 14, 2001 3:07 pm

I walk about 2 miles to work and 2 miles home. Does that count? I havent gained or lost a pound in the last 4 years. The only difference I have noticed since I started walking to and from work and standing up 8 hours a day is that my legs are all muscle now and my back has got to be strong as titanium now.

doomfox

Sun Apr 15, 2001 5:35 pm

No.
I'm just naturally sculpted.  Smile

twa

Mon Apr 16, 2001 9:10 am

I go to the Gym 4 times a week and run at least 5 miles a day.

TWA

USAFHummer

Mon Apr 16, 2001 9:16 am

Well we have a home gym in our basement and I used it a little last year but I cant commit myself to constantly use it.

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

Mon Apr 16, 2001 9:29 am

5 miles a day?? Wow that is an awful lot. I am more into defination and building muscle then a cardio work out. However I do row quite a lot in the gym, which really gets you going!
Iain

airfun

Tue Apr 24, 2001 1:59 am

I go to the gym about 4 times a week. It is something i look forward too.

Love the view.

Soku39

Tue Apr 24, 2001 8:56 am

In the summer I swim anout every weekday and after that I have to go to soccer("proper football") practice three times a week.
The Ohio Player

jderden777

Tue Apr 24, 2001 9:32 am

i used to go 5-6 days a week..lifting every other day for about 1.5 hours...now i don't get to go very often...but i'm hoping i'll get to go at least twice a week now (i can lift some at home but i can't do everything)..mainly i am working on my abs, upper body and arms...
i want a bowflex...i have one of those ab-slide things now and i'm gonna start using it again every day...anyone else have one?

"my soul is in the sky" - shakespeare

n4khgirl

Wed Apr 25, 2001 10:47 am

i don't go to the gym much.. i like to run cross country... 4-5 miles at a time... it's all good

*Camille*

Thu Apr 26, 2001 5:06 am

Yes I go to the gym Mon-Friday for an hour. Saturday I go outside and walk/jog. I have to exerise or I get cranky. When I worked for Fedex, I toned it down some because I was burning massive amounts of calories per day on the weekend (one Sunday at work I burned over 2000 calories in 4 hours).

Exercising winds me down and helps me to relax and sleep well at night. I like exercising in the evening. I don't like doing it in the morning.