B-707
Topic Author

Roland Garros 2001.

Wed May 30, 2001 6:41 am

The second Grand Slam of the season got underway yesterday. Two of the top seeds in the womens event were very unexpectantly knocked out.

Who do you think will win this years prestigious event?

Are there any tennis fans out there? Apart from myself ad Dale of course.  Smile

Hoping Capriati has a good tournament. Hey Dale, who are your tips for this years premier clay court tournament?

Regards

Mark.

watewate

RE: Roland Garros 2001.

Wed May 30, 2001 7:04 am

I'll only watch if Kournikova is playing.  Smile

avion

Wed May 30, 2001 7:19 am

I'll say Ferrero and Hingis will win it.

Tom

dk

Wed May 30, 2001 8:37 am

Hello all, Bonjour Mark! Yes one of my favorite tennis tournaments has just started and already V. Williams is out, Davenport, Seles, Kounikova, and Mary Peirce are no shows!! Looks like Hingis may have her way this time but I don't think so....I'm gonna give it to Capriati ( my sentimental favorite anyway!) When I left work today S. Williams was on her way to winning her opening match in the 3rd set so......hmmmm....on the men's side Sampras just barely sqeaked through his 1st rd. match against a qualifier who took him to 5 sets...doesn't look like 'ol Pete is going to go very far this year in this tournament (what else is new?) Kuerten is my pick for the men's side, Agassi hasn't played enough, however when he won a couple of years ago he came in with hardly any claycourt matches under his belt either, BUT, he's 2 years older now......Ferraro could win it he's hot right now but I think I'll stick to Kuerten (only for now, I reserve the right to change my mind!  Smile )

Well that's it for now...the paint fumes haven't cleared out of my head yet (Mark knows what I'm talking about  Smile ) so I gotta go get some fresh air!!

10 hours of live t.v. coverage Mark?? You don't play fair!!! We only have 3!! (I gotta find someone to complain too over here!!  Smile )

Cheers!
Dale.

dk

Wed May 30, 2001 8:39 am

Oh and I forgot to say thank you Mark for starting this thread!

Dale.

B-707
Topic Author

Thu May 31, 2001 7:28 am

Hello Dale. Hope you're getting plenty of fresh air. Those paint fumes can be good, but are not condusive to watching tannis...I mean tennis!.  Smile

Right, where to start? The S Williams/Pitkowski match. Wow!. I was late for an engagement so that I could watch the outcome. I have to give Serena credit for her composure. The RG crowd are notorious for their bad spotrmanship and Serena felt the full force of it. As a sidenote Serena and Pitkowski do not like each other. They had a locker room bust up at an indoor tournament last year, so...

Just watched the Roddick/Chang encounter. That I must say was a great match. The old guard versus the new guard. But why Roddick did not call the trainer for his cramping is beyond me.

I agree with you regarding Sampras Dale. Me thinks he will not last much longer. Agassi will just get better the longer he survives. Keurten seems like a good bet on the mens side. Since Seles is not here, I also want Capriati to win her second Slam and complete the Half calender Slam.

Only 3 hours per day!!!! That's criminal. Letters should be sent to the appropriate authorities Dale. Smile Very unjust. To make you feel better. I was very tardy in my preparation for this Dale. I DID NOT book any time off to watch this. So I am unable to watch a full quota. That won't happen for Wimbledon.  Smile

Hmmmm, I see Henman & Rusedski are still around. Wonder how long they will last?

OK that's it for now. Take a break from the fumes Dale, and enjoy some (at least 3 hours) tennis.  Smile

Regards

Mark.

dk

Fri Jun 01, 2001 1:28 am

Ahhhh!! That fresh northeast New England air!! I think the brain is a little clearer now Mark!  Smile

Yes the Chang/Roddick match was wonderful, that's the kind of match we all want to see....what was that thing about Roddick and his coach tearing their shirts all about? Looked like some kind of American macho thing to me...the kind of thing that gives us a bad name! (o.k., o.k., so I tore mine too when he won!  Smile )

Capriati won her match today very convincingly and Amy Frazier beat Sanchez-Vicario which was a surprise and a very good win for her...the crowd booed Sanchez-Vicario when she walked off the court, apparently she threw her racket after the match....?
(I couldn't see what happened)

One of my favorite players lost yesterday, Cedric Pioline, I was hoping he would at least make it to the quarters...oh well....and yes Mark your countrymen Henman and Rusedski( adopted countryman anyway) are still in the thick of it, would be nice to see them make it a couple of more rounds, but like Sampras I think that they will shine more at Wimbledon and not last long on the red clay....but who can tell...that's what I like about the game of tennis, there can be lots of surprises!!

Yesterday, the cable channel covering Roland Garros here stayed with the Chang/Roddick match until completion which was over 2 hours longer than they usually cover it so maybe the tennis god heard me!!!..and I won't have to write to the powers that be!!
Yeah Mark maybe you didn't prepare for the coverage in advance BUT you still have the potential to watch 10 hours of tennis...it's still not fair!!! O.K. I'll get over it! Smile

Safin is now playing so gotta go and watch!!

Cheers!
Dale.

B-707
Topic Author

Fri Jun 01, 2001 8:05 am

Hey Dale.

Just a quick note. I have not been able to see any tennis today (Thu). I have had a family emergency. But I will pop back tomorrow afternoon to post more. I need to catch up with the results.

I'll be back tomorrow afternoon (UK time). Just wanted to post something to let you know that I have not forgotten our thread.  Smile

Cheers

Mark.

dk

Fri Jun 01, 2001 11:56 pm

Hey Mark, I'm very sorry to hear that, I hope all is well!!
Am watching some matches at the moment and will comment on them later.....

Dale.

B-707
Topic Author

Sat Jun 02, 2001 1:38 am

Hi, Dale.

On to the tennis. You were right regarding Sampras. How many times does he win a long 1st round match at RG and then bomb out in the next round? I do not think he'll ever win here.

At last both Henman and Rusedski are out. I don't have anything against then except to say they HOG the schedules too much not allowing any other coverage.

The bottom (or is it the top?) half of the womens draw is very open. Only (seeds) Henin and Clijsters left I believe. One of them will go far.

Watching Roddick/Hewitt at the moment. Seems Like it is going to be a long haul Dale. I kinda like the new hot shot Roddick though. He is fresh and will go far in the game (Mark my words)  Smile

What's the deal with Hingis? She has only lost a grand total of TWO games in two whole matches so far. I know she's good, but that good? Serena continues on though. I'd like her to do well. Clay doesn't suit her game, so she is not only fighting her opponent but the surface too.

Roddick and Hewitt are a set a piece now.

Thanks for the concern Dale. It's an ongoing problem that is going to take a while to sort out. Not much gets in the way of my tennis, but some things are more important. Sorry to be ambigious, but it is too painful to go into detail.

Oh, our girl Captiati made her serene advancement. Good news I think. I hope she does well here.

Later Dale.

Take care, Mark.

dk

Sat Jun 02, 2001 2:11 am

Hey Mark! Roddick is out! He just quit with an injury, looks like he hurt his upper left leg....too bad...but I like Hewitt too...not a good way to win a match though...

Hingis seems to dominate the first few rounds of a tournament then near the end when she has to play some of the top players she starts to falter...so true with a lot of them though....

Are Corretja or Moya still in the running? I'll have to go onto the web site and see, I'd like to see one of them make it to next week...

Well our coverage is now over for the day...I'm sure you still have it!!...but I won't start complaining again!  Smile

Hang in there Mark, again I hope all goes well...!

Dale.

Sunair

Sat Jun 02, 2001 5:02 am

Hi Everyone!
I've also been watching Roland Garros - love watching tennis!

Damn, I feel sorry for that Roddick guy. That fall was so bad, and did you see how long it took the emergency medics to get to him! It was terrible.
And did you see at the end of the match him crying...I felt so sorry for the poor guy. 18 and this is what happens to him! Oh well, shit happens.

Rgrds - Tomo  Smile

B-707
Topic Author

Sat Jun 02, 2001 8:04 am

Welcome SunAir.  Smile

Dale, Corretja is still in the draw. He plays Larsson in the 3rd round. I do not see Moya though. Thinking back I do believe he lost early on.

Wasn't that Roddick incident horrible! Poor lad. I hope he can recover before Wimbledon.

You're right about Hingis too. She does seem to falter in the latter stages of slams. Usually she blames fatigue, but that excuse is getting old now.

Gustavo Keurten won.  Smile I saw his match against Alami. Very entertaining and played in a great spirit too.

Jelena Dokic lost. I'm not too sorry. Her post match interview was not very sportsladylike to say the least. I would usually put this down to youth, but this is the second time she has slammed her opponent after a loss. Australian Open a few years back she called Kulti Kis a "nothing player going nowhere" Well, she beat you soundly Jelena. I think her father is a bad influence.

SunAir, good points. Poor Roddick. I wanted the match to go all the way. It was high class tennis.

ok guys. I'll see you later.

Thanks, Dale.

Mark.

dk

Sun Jun 03, 2001 8:06 pm

Hello from a very rainy, damp Maine...the whole weekend so far has been this way, it's early today so maybe it'll get better!

What a great match betweeen Agassi and Meligeni (sp.) yesterday! It had the crowd roaring, Meligeni rolling, and Agassi hardly breaking a sweat!! Some great tennis! Agassi at 30 (I think) is in my opinion in the greastest shape of his life and can run down just about anything anybody throws at him, but Meligeni was keeping up extremely well and they had some thrillingly long rallies, wonderful to watch! I love it when the crowd really gets into it and starts roaring every time the ball is hit....god I've got to get to Roland Garros one of these days!!!

The women's round of 16 will be played today, not to many seeded players left but should be interesting nonetheless.....I'd better go get some errands done so that I can watch it (well I'd watch it without the errands done but.... Smile )

Cheers!
Dale.

B-707
Topic Author

Sun Jun 03, 2001 9:21 pm

Hello, Dale. Sounds like you're having some of our weather over in Maine. Sunny skies here.  Smile

I am waiting for the tennis to start. They are starting 5 hours late today so they can show some motorcycling. What a cheek!!

I want to see Hingis play Testud. Hingis will have the whole crowd against her. She would be well advised to be on her best behaviour.

I missed that Agassi match.  Sad Sounds like a thriller.

Womens 4th round today. Wonder who will be in the QFs. I know that Henin beat Schett (who knocked Venus out). I checked the web site for that result.

Hope you get your errands done Dale. Funny how life has to go on during this great tournament.  Smile

Take care
Mark.

juanchito

Mon Jun 04, 2001 12:02 pm

The winners of the Roland Garros in my opinion will be:

Martina Hingis, women's single
Gustavo Kuerten, men's single

juanchito
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/

Sunair

Mon Jun 04, 2001 2:01 pm

Hi Mark and Dale!

I've been so busy this weakend, so I haven't had much time to watch any tennis. I did however, watch a bit of the Hewitt/Castos (sp?) match yesterday, which was OK I guess, not the best match I've seen. It was quite funny seeing Hewitt's "comments" relating to his fustrations...trying to figure out what exactly he was saying wasn't that difficult!  Smile

Gotta go to school now, so I'll check www.frenchopen.org later tonight and see what's potting.

Regards - Tom  Smile

PS...thanks for the welcome Mark!  Smile

dk

Mon Jun 04, 2001 9:00 pm

Hello guys! Hey Tom are you the Tom that used to be 747sp rulz or something like that and the one I know from RA?? How ya doing? and a welcome from me too, plus a welcome to Juanchito and the others...

The Kuerten/Russell match yesterday was another great match....Russell really put it to Kuerten and almost was able to pull of a win but alas Guga was able to dig it out in 5....Russell showed that he's got what it takes to play in the big leagues and I hope we get to see more of him in the future!

The women's quarterfinals are set, Capriati has to get by S. Williams and Hingis before reaching the final..can she do it? I think that she can but it will be tough..I don't think that Williams will give her much trouble but Hingis is another story...can't wait to find out!! The other women are mostly "unknowns" so can't say much about them but I think that Clisjters (sp.) has a good chance to get to the semi's or even the final....

Hey Mark, too bad you had to wait 5 hours for your tennis...did you still have the full 10 hrs. of coverage after that? They do that here often...they will put a World Wrestling Match on instead of showing tennis thinking that people would rather watch that crap instead...I've complained but the local affiliates of the major t.v. stations can do what they want!! With this French Open though most of it is shown on a cable channel and they do not normally do stuff like that...only CBS,NBC and ABC....!! I think that coverage this week is going up from 3 to 4 hours a day so there's a little bonus for us poor sods over here who NEED this like air!!!!  Smile ( This morning I was mulling over the day and when I realized that I was going to see some tennis I got in a much better mood!!!)

Cheers!
Dale.

JAL

Mon Jun 04, 2001 9:54 pm

Men: Kafelnikov or Agassi

Women: Hingis or Williams
Work Hard But Play Harder

B-707
Topic Author

Tue Jun 05, 2001 2:59 am

Hello, All. Nice to see so many names in here.  Smile

Dale, regarding your coverage. I find it so confusing to be honest. USA has so many channels and different regions of reception. Very confusing indeed. I have heard though (I'm sorry to say) that the Womens Final will be tape delayed for you guys State Side. That would cause an uproar over here. You poor sods LOL, I love that expression Dale.  Smile

We did not have our usual ten hours, No. They had the cheek to only show us 7 hours. That's not good enough! The digital channel chose to exclusively show the men. I had to resort to a BBC channel to see Hingis.  Smile. We have been spoilt rotten over here with our tennis coverage, so when they screw up - We notice!.  Smile

The Guga/Russell match was great. I'll admit to not knowing much about Russell. He has definitely shot to stardom now though.

Corretja just won his match over Fabrice Santoro. Straight sets too.

The womens draw is hotting up. Capriati will have her work cut out, but I'm confident our girl can do it. I hope she gets to the final. Beating Serena and Hingis back-to-back won't be easy. I hope she will have enough energy left to win the final, should she make it.

Those two "unknown" players in the womens draw are a nice change. I have seen Shiavone before in the Italian Open two weeks ago. She can play! Krasnoroutskaya is another who knows what she is doing. She very nearly beat Capariati in Zurich last year. Jennifer just squeaked through 7-6 in the third set. I saw that match live on TV, and it was a great encounter.

Tom - You're right. Hewitt was not exactly trying to cover up what he was yelling at the umpire. Very vocal indeed.

OK, speak later guys.

Mark.

Sunair

Tue Jun 05, 2001 12:17 pm

Hi Guys!

Yes, Dale, I'm the Tom from RA, and I used to be 747sp_rulez. I think I used to chat with you on MSN messenger back in the days (ie last year Big grin )...but I might be wrong. I"m doing well these days actually - can't complain at all! I haven't spoken to anyone lately from RA because I don't have any of these messenger programs anymore! It really is quite pathetic.

Anyway, I'll admit, I didn't watch any tennis (or any television) at all yesterday! But I did check out the scoreboard, and my predictions (or rather hopes) for today are...

1) Kuerten will beat kafelnikov
2) Ferrero will beat Hewitt
3) Hingis will beat Schiavone
4) Capriati will beat Williams, although I will be supporting Williams. Go girl!!!!!!  Smile

I have left out some but these are my main predictions. It's going to be a VERY interesting day at Roland Garros!

By the way, have any of you guys been to one of the Grand Slams? I would love to go WImbledon one day, and see what it's like!

And about the TV coverage...let me chip in here. I would have to FULLY agree with you Mark that US channels are confusing!  Big grin There were millions of the channels when I went over there two years ago, and each channel was dedicated to it's own subject. It was quite amazing. Here (in sunny South Africa) we get 4 free channels, plus a pay channel called M-net, plus you can get a satelite (which almost everyone has) which gives you about 100 more channels, about 10 being dedicated to sport.

Okey dokey, must go now...

Kind regards
Tom  Smile

SIA fan

Tue Jun 05, 2001 12:56 pm

Since Venus is already eliminated I'd choose Capriati or Serena for the women side and Guga for the men's
SQ*G BD*S

dk

Wed Jun 06, 2001 2:36 am

So it looks like Hingis and Capriati in one women's semi and Clijsters/Henin in the other, things are shaping up..!

Kuerten will meet Ferrero in one men's semi, that should
be a great match....

Agassi will play Grosjean in the men's quarters which should be another good match....

This is going to be short, I'm tired this afternoon ( no Mark not the paint fumes!!  Smile ). Yes American t.v. can be a little confusing with major stations, affiliates, cable, satellite etc. etc. etc....if you live in or near a major city then no problem but if like me you do not then it can be interesting needless to say!

O.K., nap time....! Smile
Cheers,
Dale.

B-707
Topic Author

Wed Jun 06, 2001 2:53 am

Hello, All.

The semi finals are up next for the women. My heart wants Capriati to win, but the head is telling me Hingis. The other semi is a win-win match for Belgium. How can such a small country produce so many great female players? GB has not had a decent player since Jo Durie, and not a slam champion since Virginia Wade in 1977. Not good!

Tom, I attempted to go to Wimbledon once. I gave up after queueing for four hours. I thought to myself what the hell am I doing standing here, when the tennis has already started and is live on TV. I left and did not go back. Do you have live coverage of the tennis in South Africa Tom?

Don't worry Dale. If it weren't for digital I'd be in a worse boat than you. That digital box was a very good investment. Isn't there any package that allows you to watch live tennis whenever it's available. Not tape delayed I mean.

OK, I have to go out now. Speak soon.

Mark.

Sunair

Wed Jun 06, 2001 4:07 am

Hello all!

I'm in a state of shock over Serena's departure. But I mean she really was so uncomfortable in the match versus Capriati. Capriati twakked the ball so effortlessly it seemed, whilst William's had an orgasm everytime she hit the ball! Big grin So tough luck for her. I'm now supporting Hingis to the final. Although somehow I think Capriati will win. I think Hingis is slightly too arrogant and too full of pride, and I don't think Capriati is as full of it. So I think Capriati will concentrate more on playing tennis.

For the men's, I was very glad Ferrero won his match. I'm supporting him to the final now. I don't think he has a big chance against Agassi though, but you never know!

Gotta go now!

Cheers ya'll!
Tom  Smile

dk

Thu Jun 07, 2001 1:27 am

Say it ain't so Agassi...!!! I can't believe he lost today..well o.k. I can believe he lost but not as badly as he did...1-6, 6-1, 6-1, 6-3..!? I was watching the match for a bit then work intervened ( you'd think that it would just stay away until the tennis is over!  Smile ) and I didn't get back until it was over and found out on the web site that Agassi had lost, excellent job on the part of Grosjean though, I hope he goes all the way now, a frenchman hasn't won since Noah in 1983....so there's a chance!!! Seems like Agassi went downhill soon after ex-president Clinton showed up, they showed him entering the stadium during the break after the 1st set... got Agassi a little nervous maybe?? hardly likely, I'm sure Agassi is used to that kind of thing by now...very strange how he just fell apart like that.

I agree Tom, Capriati is looking pretty good and you are right about Hingis she seems to be very arrogant, that is why I've never liked her....so things are looking quite interesting guys....

Hey Mark are you gonna glue yourself to that digital t.v. for the semi's and finals? The cable channel here will be showing the women's semi's tomorrow live starting 8:00AM our time so I'll be watching and nobody had better bother me with work stuff..I'm going to put a big sign on my door saying "OUT TO LUNCH FOR THE REST OF THE DAY"..that should do it!!  Smile

A bientot!
Dale.

avion

Thu Jun 07, 2001 5:37 am

About Hingis being arrogant:

I have attended the Nick Bollettieri tennis school. My roomate there was a former hittingpartner of Martina Hngis. He told me that she is a very nice girl and not like she is in TV.
Also Capriati and Hingis are real good friends. They are training together since very long. And Hingis helped Capriati in her comeback.

Tom

B-707
Topic Author

Thu Jun 07, 2001 7:18 am

Avion, that is very interesting.

Just a quick one tonight. Looking forward to the semis. Women first. I'll have to tape them though  Sad I hope I don't screw up the video timer (it won't be the first time)

Yes, Dale, can't believe Agassi lost. He said in the post match interview that he had no idea Clinton was even there. Yeah right!

Hingis/Capriati should be a good match. Jennifer has beaten Hingis in their last two meetings (both finals, one the Oz Open too)

Make the sign very big Dale.  Smile Sounds like an idea I should use. lol

Regards.

Mark.

dk

Fri Jun 08, 2001 12:51 am

YES...YES....YES....YES...Capriati has just beaten Hingis and will now play Kim Clijsters in the final on Sat.
Looks like she has a very good chance to win her 2nd grand slam....although one can't rule out Clijsters, she'll be hungry for her first and Capriati had an injury time out today..so anything can happen....unfortunately they are going to show the match tape delay here on Sat. afternoon so I'll have to keep away from all news type services if I don't want to find out who won...damn tape delay, you'd think that NBC could show it live for gawd's sake!!!

Men's semi's tomorrow!

Cheers!
Dale.

Sunair

Fri Jun 08, 2001 2:07 am

Hi everybody!

Well I'm with Capriati now to the final, and I'm double sure she'll get it. Good for her!  Smile

As for the men, I think Keurten will clench it. Although I would like Ferrero to win.

That's all for now!

Cheers!
Tom  Smile

B-707
Topic Author

Fri Jun 08, 2001 8:18 am

Wow, Capriati has Hingis' number for sure. 3 straight wins.

I don't count Clijsters out. She is a fierce fighter. Hoping Jennifer can do it. If she wins the title, she is half way to the calender Grand Slam. Not since Steffi Graf in 1988 has that been done.

Good luck Jennifer. That's too bad about the final Dale. I already knew 'cos a friend of mine in USA told me it is always shown from tape. Unbelievable!.

Agree with you Tom. Keurten is good. I'm hoping he can win his 3rd RG.

Cheers

Mark.

dk

Sun Jun 10, 2001 6:34 am

Hello guys! Well I had a message all typed up and was going to edit it when Netscape kicked me out or something and I couldn't send it...darn thing!! So I am going to make this short as I don't want to type it all over again!!

Capriati finally won todays final...I thought for sure that Clijsters was going to win as she played a much better match..but Jennifer perservered (sp.?)

Emotionally I would like Corretja to win tomorrow but in reality I think that Guga has it, if he plays like he did yesterday that is!

Hey Mark do you realize that we started this whole thing last year during the 2000 French Open? I think we should start calling it the Mark and Dale Grand Slam Tennis Show with guest stars Tom et. al. ....o.k. I'll stop and go do some stuff around the house (but no painting!!  Smile )

Cheers!
Dale.

B-707
Topic Author

Sun Jun 10, 2001 7:32 am

lol Dale, you're right. It has been a year since we started these threads. How time flies.  Smile

What a match!!. Though Jennifer is the champion I think Clijsters lost it rather than Jennifer winning it. Does that make sense? She (Clijsters) was 2 points from victory on 3 occasions. That my friends was the longest final set in the history of the French Open! I told you kim was a fierce fighter.

Hey, Dale. You must be in real happy with the mens final. I know you like both players. I have a feeling Guga will win, but make no mistake Alex will put up a fight.

I hate it when my computer crashes just as I am about to post something. Glad you posted a shorter version Dale. I usually don't bother. It's so annoying.

Take care

Mark.

Sunair

Sun Jun 10, 2001 6:48 pm

Hi All!

Yep I think that's quite a good idea Dale! We can make it a sort of "twfirst" thread, but just discussing the grand slams everytime they come along.

I am quite happy Capriati has won, and I think she'll be my new fave female tennis player. I hope she wins all the grand slams this year, because if I heard correctly, one commentator said that the last woman to win four consecutive grand slams was Steffi Graf way back in 1988, and it's time for a new record!  Smile I think Jennifer has a great chance of doing this because she is looking in such brilliant form!

As for the men...hmmmm...I'm going for Corretja, but like both of you guys, think Guga will clench it. But we will see!

Until later tonight...
Adios!  Smile

B-707
Topic Author

Mon Jun 11, 2001 1:13 am

Great picture Tom. Thanks for posting it.  Smile Smile

dk

Mon Jun 11, 2001 1:40 am

Well guys Guga has just won his 3rd French Open, they are presenting the trophy as I type this....he was awsome in the 4th set...nothing could get by him...at the 3rd match point on Corretja's serve I thought that Corretja was going to be able to squeak out a game, there was an incredible rally at that point but it wasn't to be...!

O.K. well Mark we've stuck to the courts of Australia, rolled in the clay of Roland Garros and now it's time to tumble on the venerable courts of Wimbledon...Tom and others thanks for joining us and hope to "see" you all in two weeks! (Do I sound like a commentator or what??  Smile )

Take care!
A bientot!
Dale.

B-707
Topic Author

Mon Jun 11, 2001 2:09 am

Well done Guga. Seems his love affair with Roland Garros is firmly in tact. I thought Corretja would get a game in the 4th set too Dale.

Congrats to Jennifer and Gustavo on great wins. Onto the green green grass of home next Wimbledon. Can't wait!!

See you all over there in two weeks guys. Thankyou for keeping this thread going. It was great to talk to you all about tennis.  Smile Smile

Regards to all.

Mark.

Sunair

Mon Jun 11, 2001 3:22 am

Hi guys!

Missed the match but I'm not stressing.

Thanks for the thread! Enjoyed it immensely!

So, from Roland Garros, FAREWELL! And see you at Wimbledon. Can't wait!  Smile

Ciao!
Tom  Smile

Alpha 1

Mon Jun 11, 2001 7:55 am

Quick not to Sports Illustrated: give serious consideration for Jennifer Capriatti as their 2001 Sportsperson of The Year.