LAX
Topic Author

The McVeigh Watch....Your Thoughts

Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:23 am

It looks like there's no blocking the execution now.

I was wondering what your thoughts are today.....on McVeigh's last day on the planet........

I hear where the "vultures" are now crawling out of the woodwork, to cash in on the event. That is, vendors outside the prison selling T-shirts, posters, and God knows what all!!

Who thinks this type of money-grabbing activity is totally inappropriate under the circumstances? (Besides me.)

Also........Do you think there's even the slightest chance the execution WON'T go off as scheduled?

GOD BLESS THE OKLAHOMA CITY VICTIMS..............

Alpha 1

RE: The McVeigh Watch....Your Thoughts

Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:33 am

I am normally against the death penalty, but in his case, I think it is deserved.

Beyond that, I could care less that he's going to die tomorrow. Sadly, too many people let stories like this dominate their lives. I heard the husband, I believe it was, of one of the victims, who said that he and his family were on vacation this week, and would not even turn on the news. He stated that he would not let Tim McVeigh dictate or dominate his life. I wish more people-the media, the loved ones of the victims, and all of us, would follow his lead, and not give this loser the attention he is getting. Better that he die without anyone even noticing or caring.

Archie Bunker

Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:34 am

It should be on pay-per-view.

I wonder how many people would subscribe?

Joona

Mon Jun 11, 2001 10:03 am

Only in the U.S. would they sell T-shirts etc. "Try to make money out of everything."

Joona  Smokin cool
1740 days idle. Beat that.

N312RC

Mon Jun 11, 2001 10:14 am

Let him fry.

Just my 2 cents.
My views as expressed above are my views alone and do not constitute the views of my employer.

Mon Jun 11, 2001 10:20 am

He'll pay for it in the next lifetime...

DeltaRNOmd-80

Mon Jun 11, 2001 10:45 am

that sucks, the OKC bombing survivors/ family members get to watch his execution on closed circuit TV. dammit, i wanna watch too!!!

jwenting

Mon Jun 11, 2001 2:48 pm

Let him be remembered only by the fridge magnets sold today. Fitting end for a low-life terrorist, anything more and he might become a martyr for people like him, spawning copycat bombings...
I wish I were flying

cfalk

Mon Jun 11, 2001 3:07 pm

CNN has been talking about nothing else for days, even outside the US.

All this media attention is not good. You have millions of people who want him executed, and you see them on TV every night. Likewise, you have millions who want him spared, for whatever reason, and you see them too. McVeigh must be feeling like he's a martyr, knowing that there are so many people trying to save his life (that they might despise him anyway is irrelevant.)

And how does it look to some poor schmuck with similar political views to McVeigh and a 2nd grade education? Someone who is a total nobody, a failure, who can't even hold a job as garbage collector: "Look at him! All I have to do is find a way to kill a bunch of people like he did, and people will talk about me for years. Millions will want to defend me. The government will spend millions on my defense. I will finally BE somebody!!!"

The right way would be to say nothing between conviction and the execution. After the execution, on page 34 of the newspaper, in the Curiosities Section, you would find a 10-line blurb about a convicted murderer having been put to death. End of story.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

redngold

Tue Jun 12, 2001 6:04 am

Today the government killed someone in your name.

God help us all.

redngold
Up, up and away!

VirginLover

Tue Jun 12, 2001 6:06 am

McVeigh's "punishment" of being sentenced to death isn't really punishment at all... he died peacefully, unlike the 168 victims lives he took. I really think they should have forgot about that injection that made him unconsious.

DG_pilot

Tue Jun 12, 2001 6:39 am

A public hanging held on the grounds he blew up would have been more appropriate.

N400QX

Tue Jun 12, 2001 7:29 am

I agree, Dustin.

DeltaRNOmd-80

Tue Jun 12, 2001 7:52 am

I think he should be executed the way he killed his victims. I say strap him with dynamite and drop him from 10 stories up and press the switch for the dynamite as he is falling, just as he is about to hit the ground (which would be littered with debris, nails, tacks, etc).

VirginA340

Tue Jun 12, 2001 9:29 am

Chop off his arma and legs and leg the pig lay there or release him on the streets of Oklahoma City and let the citizens do their thing. This punk has no remorse for those that died and I had not heard an apoligy but instead we hear from his mout "The children were collateral damage" The way he died is way to linient. He was first put to sleep and then was givin the deadly chemicals. His victims including the 19 children on the Second floor Daycare center didn't die in a less cruel way. To hell with him and his followers who call themselves Patriots. How dare you!!!! McVeigh aint nothing but an evil baby killing evil shamless punk that deserved to die for what he did. After the bombing he litterally lived in the terrorist Paradise because while he served his time in Prision his neighbor in the cell next to him was Ramsey Ucef he masterminded the WTC bombing and attempeted to blow up american passenger planes over the Pacific and he had blown up one 747 killing a Japaneese Tourist and injuring a dozen pax and crew. Theodore Kazinski the Unabomber was in a cell down the hall!!!
"FUIMUS"

We're Nuts

Tue Jun 12, 2001 2:33 pm

We are a blood-lusting society, and that is sad.
Dear moderators: No.

ukair

Tue Jun 12, 2001 3:25 pm

I think it is regretable that a proud nation like America who sees itself as a world leader still uses the death penalty for it's citizens. It is wrong for any human being to kill another whatever the circumstances. There has to be a better way of dealing with people who murder than buy simply killing them, it achieves nothing and reduces our capacity to be loving and peaceful human beings.

cfalk

Tue Jun 12, 2001 4:29 pm

Ukair,

I would say that it increases our capacity to be "loving and peaceful human beings", as it removes the least "loving and peaceful" elements from the human race.

If a rabid dog bites someone, it is put down. Timothy McVeigh was nothing but a rabid dog. His continued existance brought nothing.

His death should be construed as a reminder that such dispicable acts will reduce those who commit them to the status of a rabid dog.

Unfortunately, our sensation-loving media gave it a lot of media attention, which I think is counterproductive - as some sick people would willingly sacrifice themselves in order to get the spotlight. The death penalty should be performed with hardly any press, to make it even more unattractive.

Don't forget that, with the return of the death penalty in the U.S., many states have seen sizable reductions of violent crime, which is the reverse of what most countries are experiencing. I live in Switzerland, with very liberal ideas about prisons and punishment, and in the past 10 years we have seen quantum leaps in violent crime.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

N202PA

Thu Jun 14, 2001 12:52 pm

There has to be a better way of dealing with people who murder than buy simply killing them, it achieves nothing and reduces our capacity to be loving and peaceful human beings.

Let's see how you feel when your children are brutally murdered by a psychopath. Funny that the people who support the death penalty are often portrayed as the ones without compassion, when the reverse is actually true.

You want me to have empathy for a lunatic that murdered over 180 people? He should live while innocent children died?

The only legitimate argument against the death penalty that I can potentially support is that giving the government the power to murder its citizens opens up a door to tyranny that cannot be easily closed. But even then, what do you say to the families of the victims of this and other mass murders?

VirginA340

Thu Jun 14, 2001 4:39 pm

What are you Euro bleeding heart liberals complaining about anyway? He got a sleeping sedative a few minutes before he was pumped with a drug that stops the heart and then another to stop the lungs. So what If he died with his eyes open and that his skin turns yellow and lips blue. his victims didn't die that peacefully. They were blown up, their bodies or what was left of them were sent from the upper floors to the ground level in 3 seconds and then being crushed/trapped under tons of concrete for hours as they were screaming, convulsing and bleedin to death. Some were pinned by the bodies of deady co-workers. Only 8 of the 168 dead were actually government agents but others were men, women and children who were there at the daycare center, changing a social secuity #, renewing a passport or were working as secretaries, janators, clerk, etc. Thosde images that occured on April 19th 1995 at 9:02 AM local time will be with me forever. Children bleeding, people trapped in wreackage, fireman, police and EMTs overwhelemend by the dead, dying and survrely injured. This monster is to blame and he desves on what he got for his crimes. May he go to hell. He has no remorse nor did he apoligies but rather quotes a poem with the final passages off "I'am the Captain of my Soul" Now tha is barbaric from a man who considered the Children as "Collateral damage" Why don't you bleeding hearts go over to Oklahoma City and them say this to the children who lost parents and parents who lost children as well as enitre families killed and we'll see if you walk out of city limits with both legs. As a person who lost a loved one in a terrorist attack (PA 103) This outrages me that you dare call my country barbaric for killing a mass murderur when it's the other way around I wish the terrorists (Al megrahi and Fhima got either life in prison or death but appareantly you tend to side with criminal rather than victims whan it comes to pay back. I'm happy with the 20 years to life but it should have been more and the Hague and the US should have been more tough on Gadahfi rather than pussy footing around and screwing the victims out of Justice Paybacks and Mcveigh have one thing in common their both a bi**h. Don't you dare lecture us til you lost a loved one to a clutches of a murderur before his/her/their natural lives ended befroe their time,
"FUIMUS"

Fri Jun 15, 2001 3:54 am

Got what he deserved. I personally would've placed him before a firing squad.

N202PA

Fri Jun 15, 2001 4:03 am

Amen to that VA340.

I wonder if the people of Lockerbie, Scotland would protest the death penalty for the murderers of 270 innocent people in 1988. I know that most people even remotely connected with that act of mass murder have not an ounce of sympathy for those bastards.

Tell us, Europe, are we to feel sorry for those pieces of garbage because they supposedly share the same life form as us?

As far as I'm concerned, mass murderers like them are wild animals that deserve to die like wild animals. If only to take them out of humanity so they can never again perpetrate the crimes that they did.

tupolev154b2

Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:56 pm

No one deserves to take the life of another, no matter how comfortably the life of that person was taken away. However, McVeigh is one of the good number of exceptions. No matter how comfortably he died, he still got what he deserved which symbolizes ultimate defeat by his enemy.

vadheim

Fri Jun 15, 2001 1:23 pm

I am strongly against death penalty, and I think it is a barbaric action. "The eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth mentality" which you see in the US is medieval thinking. It is all about revenge, revenge, revenge..... a never ending story.........and "show biz" in the worst manner.......

It is not the right of any human to decide whether a person should live or die. When the state kill a person it does the same crime as the murderer.

I do'nt even think it prevents people doing horrible things again, nowhere is the crime-rate higher than in the US!!

What McVeigh did was a horrible thing, but no person, nor state, should be allowed to judge over life and death.

To watch the whole "state killing ritual" from Europe make me sick. It only shows that the US have miles to go before they can call themselves civilised.

ukair

Fri Jun 15, 2001 5:12 pm

The death penalty is wrong it is time you gun willelding yanks got this into your heads.

VirginA340

Fri Jun 15, 2001 9:11 pm

You bleeding heart liberals need to mind your own and get this thorugh you head. When I was in Lockebie and in the UK a few years after 103 went down you Brits and Scotts were yelling for those two pigs to get death. So what the hell is a matter with you people!?! If Tim Mcveigh blew up LHR and killed over a 1000 British national you'd be protesting near 10 Downing Street fora public execution. Right here in NYC if I ever met Gadahifi or any of those two terrorists Family or no family I'll take their lives via our death penalty system and then take their heads stuff an apple inside and hang em on my wall!!!! Either way I want them and Tim McVeigh to suffer after what they've done to hundreds of innocent Men, women and children. Their lives will never be replaced and their families lives will never be repaired

Across the River in New Jersey. There was a cop killer named Thomas Tratino who was first given the death penatly but then let out after the death penalty was ruled unconstituational in the mid 70s. His sentence was reduced to life but them some state bleeding heart politican decided that since Trantino(who tortured and murdered 2 cops was the longest serving inmate on deathrow they let him out!!!!!) now he is unleashed on us thanks to you damn bleeding hearts. Now in seatle a Bleeing heart judge lets a rapist/murderur go free an he ends up killing tw more women as well as raping them. The judge has since resigned from her post in disgrace.

You bleeding hearts need to get a life before you try to force your opinions on us Americans. We tried your way and the violent crime rate sky rocketed. The death penalty is good and it stays and I hope G W keeps it around 4 life. Now get that through your freakin heads!!!!!
"FUIMUS"

174thfwff

Fri Jun 15, 2001 9:32 pm

His contrubitions were only minuses within America. I wish sometimes that the government policies of some middle eastern countries would be adopted in America. For instance if you steal somting, your fingers get chopped off if your over the age of 12(i think). Becasue if you are older then 12 you should grasp the concept of ethics and morals. If you kill someone, except if you kill in self-defence, or war, then you should get killed the most painful way immaginable. Like being hit by each of the victoms family and friends in the stomach and all over the body with a bat or somthing. Killing 162 people is not just and HE SHOULD NOT DIE THAT EASY, somthing that kills you peacefully. ALL THE CONSERVATIVES SHOULD WAKE UP! KILLING SOMEONE HUMANILY AFTER HE KILLED 162 PEOPLE IS NOT FAIR!
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

ukair

Fri Jun 15, 2001 10:25 pm

Are you not the least bit interested why McVeigh, a human being like yourself, a Gulf war veteran, who killed Iraqis in the Gulf war, who was affected by his victims death, and was unprepared for the effect that this had on him? The man was doing his duty for America, for the President, for the flag, and so on and so on. My personal opinion on McVeigh is that he was severerly disturbed by his experiences during the Gulf war and was desperate for psychological help. Unfortunately he did not get it, or we may not be having this dialouge now. Who among us could say we would be ok after killing another human being in war and not feel anything.

N202PA

Fri Jun 15, 2001 10:47 pm

It's sad when 'compassion' these days means siding with an individual who has committed an act which is nothing short of pure evil. Somehow those who side with the criminals in society are considered 'compassionate', but those who side with honest, law-abiding citizens (and their individual rights) are somehow considered barbarous. How does this compute?

If you murder another human being in anything other than self-defense, you give up your rights as a human being. Let's not play innocent here--most individuals who are able to wield a weapon are able to understand the dire consequences of the action of murder. Certainly, they know that their actions can lead to their own death--it would be impossible not to, in this country.

Now, no one has asked to be murdered--certainly not the 180 victims in the Oklahoma City bombing, nor the 270 victims of Pan Am 103. These were innocent people who had their lives, and their human rights taken away in an instant by lunatics with an agenda. Is it just to defend the rights of the lunatic--the criminal--instead of those of the innocents who were robbed of their lives? Please.

It's a very simple principle in this country--if you can't deal with the consequences, don't commit the crime.

So many people are against the death penalty because they consider it too harsh--that it represents revenge. Bull. A mass murderer dying peacefully in his sleep is neither revenge nor harsh--nor does it equal the magnitude of the crime committed for even one murder. An equal and vindictive punishment would be to sentence the murderous criminal to death in the exact same manner in which his victim died--or perhaps something a dozen times worse.

We use the death penalty because it is the only punishment that is even remotely equal to the crime committed. That is justice. If you don't like justice, go live in an anarchist state and see how many minutes you live.

If you're from another country and don't like the death penalty, fine. Don't have it in your country. But knock off the complaining and whining when we deal with our people in our own way and mind your own business, will you?

VirginA340

Sat Jun 16, 2001 2:58 am

N202PA; I agree with you on this one; It still amazes me that despite posting the picture of the bombed Alfred Murrah Federal Building as well as picture plastered all over the world of the 2 year old dead child being carried in the fireman's arms thinking that she was still alive and the saddness of the emergency crew as well as the few suicides that followed that the Europeans think we are Barbaric. Tim Mcveigh according to the american standards is getting what he deserves.

I find it Barbaric that you want to keep this sadistic madman alive despite him blowing up and murdereing 168 innocent people including the 21 young children in the daycare center who didn't have a chance and didn't get the chance to sleep peacefully befoe having the 2nd floor ripped out from under them them having a couple tons of concrete coming down on their heads.

It's just to bad that more inmates don't get the same. I can name a few more. Charles Manson, Ramsey Youcef(He masterminder the bombing of the World Trade Center in NYC attempeted to blow up 12 passenger airliners, assasinate the Pope and he is charged and found guilty in blwong up a 747 passenger airliner killing 1 injuring 12), Ted Kazinkski(the unanbomber), Colin Fergenson(he shot and killed 7 commuters and injured 27 on the Long Island Railroad train because he could not stand white people) This man then acted as his own attorney and then vitimized his victims again by cross examing him in court infront of the packed courtroom and the media. The act of barbarianism is when people like you defends the rights of mosters such as these. Where the hell were any of you when the victims rights to live and to be happy and to be safe were violated. Where were you when I and many family members and friends was In the PA Worldport crying my eyesout and I was staring outside the terminal window next to the waiting area in which the plane would've been parked (and many happy moment were supposed to happen in which families would rejoice but all was gone within minutes) wondering why on the night PA 103 went down?

Where were you during the funerals for our loved ones. Where were you during the christmases, thanksgivings in which 1 or more lovedone would not be there to celebrate. Or birthdays of a father mother, child, brother, sister,etc that died? Can you imagine the surviors pane and suffering or what about the entire families that are killed? Ever thought about the hole in their hearts or the devistation that that an entire city is going through You claim that these freaks should be treated with fairness and should live. When you people can answer on when I and many other can get our reprieves from our hells then we can talk about the well beings of the monsters that did this to us in the first place.
"FUIMUS"

c72

Sat Jun 16, 2001 1:34 pm

McVeigh is now worm food, exactly what he deserved after murdering 168 innocent people!!!

NoUFO

Sat Jun 16, 2001 10:01 pm

174thFWff said:
For instance if you steal somting, your fingers get chopped off if your over the age of 12(i think). Becasue if you are older then 12 you should grasp the concept of ethics and morals. (...)
HE SHOULD NOT DIE THAT EASY, somthing that kills you peacefully. ALL THE
CONSERVATIVES SHOULD WAKE UP! KILLING SOMEONE HUMANILY AFTER HE KILLED 162 PEOPLE IS NOT FAIR!

I'm shattered. You are asking for penalties from the middleages. You are rather uncivilized in this case, hm? What the hell has chopping fingers off from hand got to do with moral and ethics?
And sentencing people to dead is wrong. Period. The death penalty only shows that in some cases a human being's life isn't worth much.

N202PA said:
If you murder another human being in anything other than self-defense, you give up your rights as a human being.

No. This is your own (wrong) interpretation. The international standard is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. You should read it.

We use the death penalty because it is the only punishment that is even remotely equal to the crime committed.

Ahem. Why killing people to show, that killing people is wrong?

That is justice.

No. That is revenge.

If you don't like justice, go live in an anarchist state and see how many minutes you live.

Hello-ho. I didn't know Germany (abolished the dead penalty in 1949) was an anarchist state. I thougt it was quite a save place to live.

If you're from another country and don't like the death penalty, fine. Don't have it in your country. But knock off the complaining and whining when we deal with our people in our own way and mind your own business, will you?

No. Americans are always fast when it comes to mention a poor human rights-situation in other countries - which is good. On the other hand the US are one of the very,very few countries where even mentally retarded people and minors are sentenced to dead.
"Mind you own business" is exactly the same Chinese officials will say to you when you urge them to take steps to improve the situation of human rights.

Regards (and a link: http://www.amnesty.org),
NoUFO
I support the right to arm bears

We're Nuts

Sat Jun 16, 2001 11:35 pm

The death penalty is not a deterrent and will never work as one. It's most basic purpose is to rid the streets and prisons of people who are not safe in either.

For those who think murderers should be killed in the most painful way possible, might I suggest Common-Law courts? Who needs the government... or laws... or ethics....

flight152

Sat Jun 16, 2001 11:55 pm

Turkey still has the death penalty.

Vadheim-

Maybe you should check out U.S. Department of Justice- Bureau of Justice Statistics the amount of crime in the United States has decreased a lot!

VirginA340

Sun Jun 17, 2001 1:24 am

You brain dead liberals in Europe need to get off the high horses and start listening to the victims and feel their pain rather than your own bottom line. Unless you've been through the hells of Oklahoma, PA 103, WTC bombing or any other violent crimes then you don't know jack!!! Just because it worked for your country doesn't mean it works here. Apparently you immature Europeans don't get it. Whats so wrong about killing these people like this any way with leathal injection!?! Their victims didn't get no where near the less painful death as their killers did. If you don't like America then don't ever come here and you all can go to hell.
"FUIMUS"

174thfwff

Sun Jun 17, 2001 1:33 am

If someone steels somthing and gets there fingets chopped off doesn't that make sence that they won't ever steel somthing again? I am not talking about gum or somthing but like major stuff.

As to the death penilty, No, i think the person who took someones life is worth jack shit. I would be the first to brutaly kick his ass, let him recover, feed him through a tube, then kick his ass all over agin. Let me do that say about 168 times to McVeigh and see if he would want to bomb another building, then kick his ass some more, until he dies. There is no excuse for what he did. UNLESS YOUR A MENTAL RETARD, or a young kid, KILLING SOMEONE IS WRONG, EXCEPT FOR SELF DEFENSE. I would love to see if you want the death penilty after a loved one of yours gets murderd for somthing he or she had nothing to do with. I would love to see how you react. I would love to see what you want the sentience to be. I would love to see your mind change. Killing 1 person is god damn aweful, killing 168 is undefyable. I would love to bring back public hangings for the serial killers, or the rapests, or some other wackos out there. but not for the pety theif.

Other then mary jane not being legialized, I LOVE AMERICA AND IT's DEATH PENILTY! LET IT BE HARSHER FOR THE ONES WHO DESERVE IT MOST!

174thfwff

Sun Jun 17, 2001 1:34 am

to VirginA340...
here here!

We're Nuts

Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am

First of all, I am not "against" the death penalty, I just think it is used too liberally. What I am against is when people with valid opinions lower themselves to the level of a murderer who plays with his victims before killing them in the most painful way possible. We are a civilized culture, we should not gloat over death, ANY death. No matter what.

Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:58 am

You may not agree with me but I think he got the easy way out. Executing him was a mistake, because even though your executed, doesn't matter how, your still going to die. Death itself has no pain no suffering, so it is good for him, unfortunetly. He should be alive getting beaten up every day by the rest of the inmates. Hope you peaople understand. Thank You.

SSTjumbo

Sun Jun 17, 2001 7:16 am

Think twice about your opinions. If you thought he deserved it, would you have shot him personally? Do not tell me that justice demands his death. I personally had an uncle who was almost killed in Florida by an uncaptured gunman. Alright, do the math. 168 deaths plus McVeigh equals 169 deaths, not zero deaths. Got that?
I don't know, so this is my signature.

174thfwff

Sun Jun 17, 2001 11:23 pm

SST,
What was your reaction to your uncles death? Don't you want to find the gunman and punish him for his crimes. We can't let rapest, terriorists, or anything else, be parolled in 20 years becasue of "good behaivor".

That is bullshit. Now, to the theives, it is ok to let them go if the crime wasn't sevier, but there has to be a big penilty for killing and rape. Murderes should be put to death after a trial if found guilty. No if's and or buts. Except if they were younger then 12, or mentaly incapable of thinking about the consequences. They need to prove through ex-teachers, friends, etc, but not parents or family, that the guy or girl was realy mentaly disabled. But if your found guilty of a murder, off with there heads.

PanAm747

Sun Jun 17, 2001 11:47 pm

174thFWff-

>>Other then mary jane not being legialized, I LOVE AMERICA AND IT's DEATH PENILTY!<<

With this attitude you'll never become pilot.

And by the way, it is PENALTY.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

174thfwff

Mon Jun 18, 2001 12:49 am

Pan AM, why would my thoughs have anything to do with being a pilot. I do not do drugs, but we as americans seem to be loosing the war aginst drugs. Millions of tax dollars down the drain and more and more of it is coming into the U.S. My friends do it, but I have too gud of grades and i am involved in too many activities such as sports and Vol. My time twards my community by becoming a vol. fire fighter. I have over 3,000 hours of community service protecting people like you if there house goes up in smoke. Drugs are bad, but we are fighting a war we can not win.

PanAm747

Mon Jun 18, 2001 1:35 am

The debate on the legalization of drugs is for another time and place but, if you become an airline captain you are responsible for your aircraft, pax, and crew complying with all laws and FARs that are applicable.

Also:

https://www.airliners.net/discussions/tech_ops/read.main/12711/4/

Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

174thfwff

Mon Jun 18, 2001 1:42 am

Who said anything about being responsible here?
If anyone in this forum I feel I have the biggest amount of responsiblity for anyone under 17. Protecting the citizens of my city's lives? If you don't think waking up at 2 am for a Signal 99 (full out fire) and Setting up the hydrant and Shooting hose is not a responsible act then you can jump off a bridge becasue I save peoples lives, pets, houses, etc. I don't know why you think I am irrasponsible just becasue I am pro-death penilty? I do think drugs are bad, but to see that 99% of my highschool does it? It seems to me that if it was legal then it wouldn't be a big deal. I am in 10th grade now, taking 11th grade courses and Taking Advances Aerospace and Design courses. Tell me that it dosn't take hard work to get where I am for a 15 year old?

NoUFO

Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:09 am

VirginA340 wrote:

You brain dead liberals in Europe

Nervous? Tense? Is this the way you act when others people opinions differ from yours?

need to get off the high horses

Protecting human rights does not mean to sit on a high horse.

and start listening to the victims

Some victims of murdered people asked the authorities not to kill for them. With no efforts. When you are sitting in a death row you will get far more attention than relatives of the victims.
I indeed feel sorry for the victims - not for McVeigh. But is the death penalty an appropriate way to to help victims? I doubt it. In general, nothing comes from violence. O.k., new violence perhaps: I can see how some pupils have learned from the death penalty.

Just because it worked for your country doesn't mean it works here.

It works pretty well in some states of the US, too. And one more time: there is no geographie of human rights. Violating human rights is wrong. Always and everywhere.

Apparently you immature Europeans don't get it.

Thank god there are more and more "immature" americans who oppose to the death penalty, too.

Whats so wrong about killing these people like this any way with leathal injection!?!

The killing itself. Simple.

If you don't like America then don't ever come here and you all can go to hell.

I feared that stupid remark. The US even fought some wars in the name of human rights and in some cases I'm really thankfull for that. Now I'm just peacefully argueing why I oppose to the death penalty. Do I deserve to be called "brain dead"? Are you positive you know more about moral and ethics than I do? And by the way: I do like America. I just don't like the death penalty.

174thFWff said:

I would love to see if you want the death penilty after a loved one of yours gets murderd for somthing he or she had nothing to do with.

Honestly: I probably could kill this murder. But I wouldn't call this justice but revenge. Both are completely different. If you don't see it - I can't help you.
BTW: Are you sure you wouldn't change your mind if you was McVeigh's father? One more family mourning...
Don't missread this: I don't feel sorry for McVeigh! But I do oppose to the death penalty because I don't see a good cause for killing people.

Other words I can recall:

... those who deserve it most
According to the records, those who "deserve it most" must be black skinned and/or poor people.

... a lethal injection is human (or similar)
Killing people is always inhuman. Fictious executions are called torture. So why not real executions?

Regards,
NoUFO
I support the right to arm bears

174thfwff

Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:35 am

If i was McVeighs Father, I would be sooo ashamed I brought him into the world.

SSTjumbo

Mon Jun 18, 2001 5:28 am

174thFWff,
Didn't I tell people like you to think twice about your opinions. No offense, but if you wanted a guy like McVeigh dead, would you have liked to throw the switch? I'm guessing not. I am not justifying McVeigh's actions at all, I am saying that no death is righteous. He killed 168 people and will have to face his maker on that. Who killed McVeigh? Not just the guy who "threw the switch", but almost 98% of Americans' ignorant, superficial, go-with-the-flow opinions. Just a quick question, would you have thrown the switch on McVeigh? I'm just curious.

SSTjumbo

Mon Jun 18, 2001 7:47 am

Anyway, I and probably most other people are sick about hearing McVeigh this, McVeigh that. For the non-victims of McVeigh, we should forget about the issue and be solving today's problems and dealing with today's issues

VirginA340

Mon Jun 18, 2001 8:18 am

NoUFO; Unless you've gone through my hell you don't know how it's like Have you ever had a relative murdered? Have you ever gone through the pains of iding the bloodied, broken bodies like us? Have you even been to Oklahoma or Lockerbie? Have you seen the scared survivors and the dead up close. Well I have!!!!Judging by your comments I guess you have not been through this yourself. So where the hell do you get off calling us barbaric. In case you don't read stats more than 80% of americans according to a FOX News poll favored the Mc Veigh execution. Why the hell should I allow a terrorst to lve when my loved one died at the age of 9!!!!! You answer me this and read my previous posts and then you respond. You must be a toatal moron for you wanting to protect this monster. Why don't you spread your retoric in L0ockerbie and Oklahoma and I'll see if you walk away with both legs. To let you know I broke out a nice bottle of wine when Tim Mcveigh was executed. Too bad the two terrorists who blew up PA 103 and the mastermind to the WTC bombing didn't get theirs as well.
"FUIMUS"