Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

Delta777-XXX
Topic Author

God Hates Fags

Thu Sep 06, 2001 6:26 am

I'm not gay or anything, and I am not trying get anyone to agree/disagree with homosexuality.

I just found this website though and I thought it was horrible. http://www.godhatesfags.com

I am a Christian (Methodist) and I really can't believe that these people call themselves Christians. This is pure hate...

I don't think that God ment for them to take it this far and actually harrass these people! They even have a website about God hating America!

Can people stop them from "picketing"?

What are your thoughts on all of this?

Hank

almbluzman

RE: God Hates Fags

Thu Sep 06, 2001 6:31 am

that's pretty pathetic...

almbluzman

heavymetal

Thu Sep 06, 2001 6:58 am

Ah yes, the Reverend Fred Phelps....a pathetic little man who needs to hate & shock to get his 15 minutes of fame. Personally I think there's a special cubicle in Hell waiting for this 'person', but that's neither here nor there....

Seriously, for comic relief of religious wackos who take themselves way WAY too seriously, try www.LandoverBaptist.com. It is for religion what the Onion is for politics.

Marco

Thu Sep 06, 2001 6:59 am

I'm a Christian (Baptist) too but I have to admit that this website is disgusting, it's promoting hate which contradicts the Bible!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

b757300

Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:12 am

The guy who runs that website is an idiot but unfortunately there are idiots in all groups.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

N312RC

Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:15 am

Im Christian (Roman Catholic) and this is disgusting.

b757300

Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:17 am

I don't know what god that man worships but it isn't the same God I do.

englandair

Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:18 am

Well Reverend Fred Phelps, God made me gay.......

We're Nuts

Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:31 am

When I first saw that website, I could not fall asleep all that night. I just kept thinking about how someone could harbor so much hate. I figure, when you harbor hate, love will dock elsewhere. There is no room for both. Then I thought about the children. Think of all the kids who stumble upon his site, and read the vemon he spews! It hurts me inside that one person could do so much harm. Be it racial, sexual, or otherwise, hate should not be tolerated. Sad

God will not have mercy on his soul.
Dear moderators: No.

N400QX

Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:10 am

Ummm... is this the same SICK humor from the likes of the www.landoverbaptist.com website?

I won't even open that link... I cannot support a sick site, be it sick humor or twisted reality.

We're Nuts

Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:21 am

It's not a joke, Zach. It's a real site, with a real purpose. To corrupt anyone who stumbles upon it into believing Homosexuals are somehow "bad".

Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:21 am

That website has been around for a few years now.

It's rather disturbing that someone could devote so much of their time spewing forth venon on one group of people. It shows nothing but zealotry in a manner which dictates the person responsible is not of sound mind or body.

You can find all sorts of 'hate' sites across the web and the evil goes on and on. Think of the most disturbing thing you could possibly do to another human, pop the text in the google.com search engine and you'll come up with photo's and faq's on how to do things.

Anyone heard of 'NAMBLA'? That association is incredibly vile.

Cheers,

mb

seb146

Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:56 am

NAMBLA? North American Marlon Brando Look-Alikes?
God created Adam first. If God was hetero, wouldn't he have created Eve first?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

JetService

Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:11 am

There are lots of hate sites on the Internet. Don't let these things get you down. The world is big and has a lot of people. Imagine the worst scene possible and it probably happened somewhere. I agree with We're Nuts on this one. When this man dies, God will give him a big bitch-slap and send him to play pool in the basement. Just be glad that you are not someone like him, and rest assured that there are a lot more of us people than bad.
"Shaddap you!"

BH346

Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:14 am

And please, don't think all us Christians and Conservatives are like that.
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:29 am

So that's why I often quote: Christianality is a strange religion.

God told us to love everybody, but they suddenly they say don't love fags!

And I don't believe God ever say that. Someone who wrote the bible in the history should check their doctors to see if their brain is wrong. They're the one who wrote God hate fags.

We're Nuts

Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:42 am

I'm relieved that no one here supports this site. Or at least they won't say so, which is fine with me.

JetService, you and I aren't allowed to agree!! Big grin

tupolev154b2

Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:55 am

Rest assured that everyone here is sane.

Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:56 am

No, Jim, I don't even think it was the writers of the bible who say anything hateful. It is just some Christians, and other religioius groups(which can be a large number) that formulate these thoughts of believing that gays don't deserve the same rights as others.

b757300

Thu Sep 06, 2001 10:28 am

God says to hate the Sin but still love the Sinner. Big difference. You can still love someone but you do not have to love their actions. This guy however is a loser. Pure and Simple.

DE727UPS

Thu Sep 06, 2001 10:31 am

Rev. Phelps does more than just run his crazy website. I've heard of him running around the country with a small group of fellow dorks to protest at various pro-gay events. I hope I run into him someday to let him know what a fool I think he is. It's guys like him that give Christians a bad name.....

Thu Sep 06, 2001 10:40 am

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Leviticus 18:22.

Just goes to prove that the bible was written by ordinary people and that nothing in its pages contains any divine word. The quotes on the web site were taken directly from the bible, so you as faithfull christans should follow them as they are quite direct. There is nothing shocking about them, they simply reflect the outlook on life that existed(and still does to a certain degree) when the bible was written.

If you guys find the stuff disgusting perhaps you should find your faith disguisting as well. It doesn't make sense to agree with the stuff you like and set aside what you dont.

Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:01 am

Jiml1126-

Christianity isn't a religion, it is a way of life that should be practiced by Christians on a daily basis, and not just on Sundays. However, you are right in saying that God loves every body and doesn't want us to judge. I don't think that God is pleased with the title "God Hates Fags".

N400QX

Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:35 am

CYKA--

You have it mixed up-- yes we believe the Scripture. But the Scripture laying out rules is different from commanding to hate. It rather commands to love.

You're no better than this "reverend" by twisting the Scripture as well.

Alpha 1

Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:48 am

CYKA, as usual, you miss the point of that quote, and of faith. Coming from a faithless person, I'm not surprised. It's as B757300 says-hate the sin, love the sinner. The Bible does say that homosexuality is wrong. And if I don't agree with it, for argument's sake, that doesn't mean I should look down on my religion because it and I have a difference on one subject. What is disgusting is NOT the religion, but how this ass of a human being twists around words and phrases, and even religion itself, to justify his hatred. Hitler was the same way, mind you. And, in this case, you're twisting what's being said as a way for you to loathe religion. You're not better than this sick SOB.

I will not even dignify the website by opening it, but we've all seen it before.

Alpha 1

Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:50 am

Gee, with the exception of CYKA, all sides are agreeing!  Big grin

Maybe a group hug is in order!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

SSTjumbo

Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:52 am

Delta777-XXX, all I can say is thank goodness there isn't another moron running around here.
I don't know, so this is my signature.

Trvlr

Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:54 am

Yeah, I've seen this site before. It truly depresses me. At least it's just a fringe group...and would be accepted as one, at least in the US. And CYKA, you make me laugh you're so hilariously foolish.

Aaron G.

SophieMaltese

Thu Sep 06, 2001 12:07 pm

I've seen that website before and it makes me sick.

Maybe we should all give a nice phone call to the administrative contact for the site:

Benjamin Phelps
(913)233-4162

Or write to the crappy church the domain is registered to:

Westboro Baptist Church
3701 Southwest 12th St.
Topeka, KS 66604

Alpha 1

Thu Sep 06, 2001 12:24 pm

With all respect, Sophie, I wouldn't bother writing or calling this sorry excuse for a human being. You'll just feed his Hitler-like ego by even voicing your objections to him personally. The best way to counter his hate is by living your life the opposite of what he preaches. He has no defense against that.

IMissPiedmont

Thu Sep 06, 2001 12:28 pm

I have never seen any reference in any of the religious tomes suggesting that God hates anyone. It is a perversion used by people of any faith to justify their own absurd beliefs.

I'm still trying to figure out what CYKA meant though. This website "proves" that the bible was written by man? Ummm............No it doesn't. The "author" of the bible will likely never be proven.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

JetService

Thu Sep 06, 2001 12:28 pm

CYKA, you may not know much, but you are a champion at wasting bandwidth and coverting oxygen to CO2. Keep up the good work.

We're Nuts:
JetService, you and I aren't allowed to agree!!

LOL!!! No doubt, dude!! I feel a disturbance in the force!
"Shaddap you!"

RealHigh

Thu Sep 06, 2001 12:38 pm

This website is sick!
I have to ask, why couldn't you choose a better topic heading for this topic?

us330

Thu Sep 06, 2001 12:47 pm

Wonder if that guy remember's the golden rule?
I think, in retaliation, somebody should post a site that completely mocks this one. Maybe call it "God hates Jesus" or something satirical......

N400QX

Thu Sep 06, 2001 12:58 pm

Well, I'm sure many of us find that quite offensive as well.

jessman

Thu Sep 06, 2001 1:42 pm

God hates sin. God does not hate the sinner. God loves the world, and the people in the world sin. I believe Homosexuality is immoral. I also believe sex outside of the bonds of marriage is a sin. I have committed the latter, but I believe God still loves me. My best friend has committed the former, But God still loves him. We are all imperfect sinners, but through faith in Jesus Christ we are made clean.
P.S. When I saw this header I almost vomited. I thought it was the sickest thing I have ever seen on these forums.

Thu Sep 06, 2001 1:55 pm

Did I pull the wrong string? Seems you blind worshipers have a problem when someone tells you something you knew all along. NOW, READ THE DAMN QUOTE AND TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS!

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Leviticus 18:22.

ITS PRETTY FRIEKEN OBVIOUS AND NO INTERPRETATION IS REQUIRED!!

Now face it, THERE IS NO GOD. If anyone is wasting anything its you chrsitans using raw materials for building your churches and burning petroulom products driving to mass.

Frankly im getting quite tired of morons like Jetserive and Alpha 1 launching personal attacks on me whenever I contribute something to any thread related to religion. I dont single anyone out and address groups not indivuals.

jessman

Thu Sep 06, 2001 2:51 pm

CYKA,
It says the action is wrong. It does not say the person is hated. The bible also says "Thou shalt not Kill." It did not say hate anywhere. In fact there were safe cities where someone who killed unintentionally could find refuge. The person had killed, they had broken the letter of the law, but God is a forgiving God.
There were reasons for the laws, and in the days before reliable medical procedures one can find a plausible reason for almost every law in the old testament. Christians live under a New Covenant, where the law is summed up in "love thy neighbor as thyself" Romans 13:9
And also read Matt 5:43-48. The point is to love everyone, because God loves everyone.
perfection is not attained on this earth. The rules in the Bible are a goal toward which we should strive, but they are not pre-requisites for God's love.

An-225

Thu Sep 06, 2001 2:56 pm

This website is sick... just like a lot of others. Don't pay attention to them, live your life the way you choose, be free and open-minded.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

chris28_17

Cyka

Thu Sep 06, 2001 3:05 pm

Frankly dude, i dont know how old you are, but you really dont think things through before you say them, thats why everyone scoffs at everything you say, you have no credibility because you contradict everything you say.....

check this out:

Frankly im getting quite tired of morons like Jetserive and Alpha 1 launching personal attacks on me

"morons" is not a personal attack?

Frankly im getting quite tired of morons like Jetserive and Alpha 1 launching personal attacks on me whenever I contribute something to any thread related to religion.

because when you "contribute" your only spewing things with absolutely no reliance on fact, rather opinions presented as some sort of fact...

i liked this one:

It doesn't make sense to agree with the stuff you like and set aside what you dont.

i remember way back when we were talking about the 10 commandments, you said something along the lines of "well some of them are good, but not all of them" and i replied that they are not the "10 suggestions" rather 10 commandments... you went on to say that we as humans are responsible for choosing our own morals and etc... why doesnt that make sense to you? its what you LIFE by, (i.e. picking what you like for the basis of your morals)

finally, here we go:

Frankly im getting quite tired of morons like Jetserive and Alpha 1 launching personal attacks on me whenever I contribute something to any thread related to religion. I dont single anyone out and address groups not indivuals.

then...

The quotes on the web site were taken directly from the bible, so you as faithfull christans should follow them as they are quite direct

Your addressing individuals as part of a group they hold no ties to... i.e. generalizing... your so ignorant, yet you think your so intellegent..

YES, christians believe that homosexuality is an "abomination" however the bible also says pride and haughtyness is an "abomination" God hates both of these things, but he still loves the person that does them. This website has twisted the bible to say that God hates these people, but if they (and maybe you should sometime) read the bible you will learn that God still loves them as much as anyone.

*sigh* maybe you'll understand when your older...

CHRIS

jessman

Thu Sep 06, 2001 3:08 pm

Mx5boy:NAMBLA is sickening as well, I concur (sp)
Seb146: When God created human beings Gen. 1:27 it says male and female he created them.
But it is not until Gen 2:22 that God created a separate entity woman. I believe God houses properties of male and female. Just for writing purposes God takes a masculine form becuase it is all powerful and from a human standpoint that most closely resembles the human male, who is physically larger and more muscular on average than the human female.
My two cents.

Chris

Thu Sep 06, 2001 3:16 pm

Im not stupid, if you had any sence youd figure out that what i tried saying was that in my 99.999...% posts I don't target individuals and insult them outright. In this case I obvioulsy had too. They have gone too far.

Marco

RE: Cyka

Thu Sep 06, 2001 3:28 pm

CYKA:With all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about. Jessman man a good point and that's that.

Jiml1126: Please keep your opinionated thoughts to yourself. Or else you'll have people like me saying that I think YOU'RE weird.

US330: God Hates Jesus. Where did that come from? You're just as bad as the owners of that site, you have just as much anger inside you!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

chris28_17

Thu Sep 06, 2001 3:31 pm

Im not stupid, if you had any sence

alright, no your not stupid, you just cant spell  Laugh out loud

I don't target individuals and insult them outright. In this case I obvioulsy had too. They have gone too far.

you "had too" huh? i get a chuckle out of that, and if explaining to you how your information is incorrect is "going too far" whats to become of us?!

im going to bed, goodnight!! God loves you CYKA!!

Laugh out loudD

CHRIS

Thu Sep 06, 2001 4:05 pm

This is pointless, its obvious some will belive in a god, others will belive that god hates gays and others yet will belive that there is no god.

So rather then have my grammer and spelling ridiculoued by some english teacher, I shall not make any more posts in all religion related topics in the future.

Ohh yeah, in case anyone was wondering, english is my second lenguage.

Metwrench

Thu Sep 06, 2001 4:51 pm

Guy's want to be "Fags", that's Okay with me, just keep the women from becoming lesbians!!!!!

seb146

Thu Sep 06, 2001 5:52 pm

Why don't we ever have flaming about when Raven created life or when Allah spoke to Mohammed? I would also like to know why everyone gets up in arms about that one verse in Leviticus and glosses over EVERYTHING Jesus said? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was at a time when God wanted the Isrialites to populate the Promised land. God also told them that it's okay to eat locusts but not pigs or camels and also that it is very bad for a woman to menstrate within the camp (the punishment was severe like stoning). Anyone know what Jesus said is the greatest commandment?
On a different topic.... until judgement day, we won't know why God created man first. IMHO, woman is stronger for carrying a child, the pain of child birth and raising the child. I could never do that.
Also, the "real" NAMBLA that was refered to earlier IMO is just as sick as this "man of God" we are flaming each other over. His congregation was picketing my family's church in Topeka because my family's church preaches tolerance. Is this what this place has come to? I thought they were all on the same team. This topic makes me very sad and bitter. This topic should be closed.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

FlyboyOz

Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:11 pm

Hmmmmm...

God loves sinners
God hates sin!

The Spirit of AustraliAN - Longreach

Alpha 1

Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:29 pm

CYAK, you little punk-just shut the hell up, will you!!!! Everyone is tired of your ranting about no God, and we're tired of you demeaning all of use because we happen to believe in God. You sound like a spoiled little brat with your rantings. The fact is we think you're wrong, but we don't sit here and demean you because you don't believe in God. We give you a hard time because of how you treat those of us who do believe. You're just a little kid, who hasn't lived long enough to know much of anything, which gives your idiotic rants even less credibility.

I think you're wrong, so live with it, kid. You can spout off your crapola all you want, but you're wrong. And it makes you no better than that creep who authors that website we're discussing. You just spread you hatred in a different way.