Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

bombstar
Topic Author

Afganistan Threatens Revenge

Sat Sep 15, 2001 10:10 am

http://www.cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?/news/2001/09/14/afghan_010914

RE: Afganistan Threatens Revenge

Sat Sep 15, 2001 10:16 am

When the US goes into this or any country it will have so much support, and done performed so well there will be little to nothing the country can do.
Any state involved needs to be dealt with!
Iain

Ilyushin96M

Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:13 pm

This is like a red ant threatening to bite the toe of a human being. Afghanistan does not stand a chance against a unified front fighting terrorism. What seems to me is that they are defending bin Laden, as well as harboring him, and that makes them as culpable as the terrorists who committed the attrocities Tuesday.

Unfortunately, Afghanistan is sealing its own fate with this sort of defiance. There will be a smoking black hole where Afghanistan once was when this is all over, if they keep it up.

CPDC10-30

Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:19 pm

As I have said in my previous posts, don't underestimate the resolve of the terrorists. This is likely unfortunatley only the beginning of an escalating campaign.

Goodbye

Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:24 pm

Why should they (Afghanistan) not plot revenge if the Yanks bomb them? I would too if I had a bunch of crazy lunatics running around in my country. the us is out for blood, and be it civilian or not they dont care.
✈︎

Ilyushin96M

Resolve Of Terrorists

Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:03 pm

CPDC-10-30, I don't doubt you for a second. I think that when the terrorists realise what they are up against, they will try to take out as many people, buildings, etc. in the Western world as they can on their way out. However, that will make them much easier to bring out in the open.

It's going to be an ugly, dirty war, the likes of which this world has never seen.

tupolev154b2

Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:25 pm

Goodbye, does that mean that you are a supporter of terrorism? Your IP address has been recorded and if you do support terrorism, the appropriate law enforcement authorities will promptly be contacted.

bombstar
Topic Author

Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:44 pm

Tupolev, thats the stupiest thing i've ever read.

Fly-by-pilot

Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:48 pm

Goodbye you are sick.

DeltaRNOmd-80

Sat Sep 15, 2001 3:36 pm

Tupolev is right. My dad works at NAS Fallon and does maintenance on fighter planes. Anyway, my dad said Tuesday night that a guy that worked for Boeing (they do maintenance contract here, my dad does contractor maintenance for Sikorsky) walked in and they were talking about the days events and the guy said "good, they deserved it, Bush needs it" or something to that effect. The police were there, the FBI is investigating (threatening the president). Needless to say, he no longer has a job. So I would watch your words...

Sat Sep 15, 2001 3:49 pm

Carpet bomb all of Afganistan and then other countries wont have to worry about them. Hell, bomb Sudan also. The problems I see is that some of Pakistan supports the Taliban, so you may see Pakistanian scondrels in the mountains shooting down our airplanes.

DeltaRNOmd-80

Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:04 pm

The President of Pakistan has pledged his support to the U.S. in numerous ways such as closing borders to Afghanistan, stopping oil exportation to Afghanistan, and there are 3 or 4 more things. I find it hilarious that Afghanistan is "threatening us", I guess they are gonna round up their wandering nomad tribesman and throw rocks at us. It will be delight to see the news footage of the Afghans shrieking in terror running through the streets and shouting in their language as tanks and missiles mutilate every last one of them.

jwenting

Sat Sep 15, 2001 5:14 pm

Goodbye has exposed himself before as a staunch supporter of bin Laden and other terrorist groups, yes.
I wish I were flying

Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:03 pm

Holy War is coming! Whoopee.

Thank the Islamic World!

lehpron

Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:27 pm

I am ashamed to be an American. WE STILL ARE NOT EXACTLY SURE WHO DID IT! The FBI says they're 90% certain that bin Laden is a suspect, how exactly are you concluding things that I obviously cannot conclude??

I think you're just racist, hiding behind patriotism, pathetic. Get out of my country, your making us look bad to the world!

Put yourself in Afganistan's shoes: One of your citizens just about bombed another powerful country, they demand him from you but you don't know where he is, they threaten you. Don't tell me you would not try to defend yourself desipite the odds!
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

9A-CRO
Editor

Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:40 pm

do not underestimate Afghanistan, they managed to defend themselves against Soviet invasion (of course part of that success was that CIA was Bin Ladens "supporter" back then, but this is another story) it is not easy to fight against highly motivated fighters who are not afraid of dying ion combat, but even consider it as a priviledge (and that is why they made suicide operations) and their revenge could be not on the troops, but another terrorist attacks in the US, similar to what happens in Israel they ARE dangerous and as said above they are prime suspects, but this has yet to be proved
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward...

tupolev154b2

Sun Sep 16, 2001 12:31 am

Keep in mind that many Pakistani nationals were inside the Twin Towers carrying out normal business when it collapsed, not to mention that there were citizens of other countries there as well. This is an attack on not just the U.S., but on the world. Many countries have lost people in the attack so don't expect bin Laden to get away with it too much or for too long because after all, unlike some sick-minded fanatics like Goodbye, the world is out to get him. I do not advocate vengeance especially on the Afghan people or even the Taliban, but I think that bin Laden really cornered himself this time and can only take so many more footsteps in his lifetime since he has attacked civility and attempted to destroy it, although in the end he united all of the conflicting factions around the world, for example the U.S. and Russia and China.

Bin Laden should die.

Sun Sep 16, 2001 11:33 am

Afghan threatens revenge, what a change that will be from what we've experienced so far.  Insane

I agree with Ianihol, if we can cripple the Taleban government enough, they won't be able to do much revenge. Just gotta take it one step at a time.

Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:58 pm

Goodbye is entitled to his opinion!

Tupolev 154B2, you are paranoid. That is the most stupid thing I've ever read, along with those grave leaving messages.

The American Dream - freedom of speech...
I take it these only apply to people who agree with you?

L-188

Sun Sep 16, 2001 6:01 pm

The Taliban are exibiting what is known in certian circles as, "Trapped Rat Syndrome"

Even the most benign animal will snap back if cornered and stressed.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Sun Sep 16, 2001 8:23 pm

Goodbye, does that mean that you are a supporter of terrorism? Your IP address has been recorded and if you do support terrorism, the appropriate law enforcement authorities will promptly be contacted.

Which authorities are those exactly? "Goodbye" did not indicate a support for Terrorism at all, he simply pointed out facts .. They bomb you, you bomb them, they bomb you back ....

I agree with Ianihol, if we can cripple the Taleban government enough, they won't be able to do much revenge. Just gotta take it one step at a time.

I pity you if you believe that ... You cannot judge these people by your own attitudes ..

I know the US *must* retaliate, I understand that .. but god help us all ....

VH-ADG

go canada!

Sun Sep 16, 2001 9:25 pm

oh im sacred of the taleban!

If they attack any country other this, they will be wipped form the face of the earth and they know it, thats why the made the threats against pakistan and why they put out media releases saying that bin laden is under house arrest and then put out more releases saying that bin laden is innocent.

they know their time is up.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

IndianGuy

Sun Sep 16, 2001 9:59 pm

Let us not underestimate their abilities.

Let us not forget that a teensy weensy coutnry like Vietnam showed giants liek US and China their rightful place!

Thats the strength of the human spirit and resolve.

The Taleban terrorists have been totally brainwashed at indoctrination schools called madarsa's. they would do anything, and are scared of no-one.

The worst thing about these terrorists is that u never know where they are going to come from and what they are going to do next.

It is thought that many Terrorists have infiltrated into Indian cities posing as students from the Middle East/Europe, of which there are quite a few here. These people have surfaced, caused bomb blasts and other acts of terror and dissapeared. The hijacking of an IC A300 to kandahar was also done by Pakistani terrorists who stayed in India (Bombay) for over a year posing as students.

I wont be surprised if terrorists havent already infiltrated the US and r lying low, waiting to strike.

cfalk

Mon Sep 17, 2001 12:25 am

Indianguy is correct. These terrorists are often "sleepers", placed in the target country just waiting for the right moment.

I've heard a lot of people (including on CNN) say that the attack was in response to the U.S. withdrawing from an active role in the middle east, a decision made by President Bush. This is utter crap, as the people who performed this attack had come to the U.S. and were beginning their pilot training no later than the summer of 2000 - well before Bush arrived, and while Clinton was pushing hard in the M.E..

I really feel that this will have to be an all-or nothing campaign. There are essentially 4 options:

1) The U.S. caves in, and abandons all support of Israel and Saudi Arabia. This is of course politically (and morally) out of the question. The targeting of the U.S. by terrorists will stop temporarily, but will be encouraged in the future for other goals, seeing that U.S. has set a precident for giving in to terrorism.

2) The U.S. does nothing. Disappointed at the lack of a response and emboldened by the apparent helplessness of their target, terrorists will escalate to even greater acts of violence.

3) One or several symbolic strikes, such as the previous administration performed against Iraq and Afganistan. This will only piss them off further, gain them new recruits, and lead to even more vicious attacks.

4) All-out destruction of known terrorist strongholds and support sources, with extreme prejudice and determination. Short term reaction will be a desperate increase in terrorist activites, but after a while, they will realize that it is not working, and that they are only succeeding in provoking the deaths of thousands of their own countrymen and women.

In WWII, nobody believed that the Japanese would ever surrender. It took the horror of nuclear weapons actually being used to shock the Japanese into realizing that they could not win.

I feel the same thing will happen to nearly all terrorist organizations, if they see that the U.S. is not only capable of inflicting harm on their people, but has the political will to do so.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

ryanb741

Mon Sep 17, 2001 12:35 am

Hit the terrorists only, not the nation. Whatever happens, we look like we are going to create 10,000 Bin Ladens.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

go canada!

Mon Sep 17, 2001 1:12 am

what are they going to attack as with, rotting food, goats and pitchforks?

dont over estimated them.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

CPDC10-30

RE: Go Canada!

Mon Sep 17, 2001 1:18 am

Tell that to the tens of thousands of former Soviet men and women who lost sons in Afghanistan.

VirginA340

Tue Sep 18, 2001 2:00 am

Even if the Taliban give Bin Laden's head on a platter he will still bomb them anyway. George Bush Jr when asked if he was certain about who to hit he said "I'm not sending a 10 million dollar missle into a $10 tent to hit some donkey in the as!s"
"FUIMUS"

JetService

Tue Sep 18, 2001 2:29 am

Even if the Taliban give Bin Laden's head on a platter he will still bomb them anyway.

Good, because Bin Laden is only part of the equation.
"Shaddap you!"

Jaspike

Tue Sep 18, 2001 2:54 am

Afghanistan can't do anything really. They were described on TV as a 4th world country.