Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

American_4275
Topic Author

A Moment Of Silence...

Sat Sep 15, 2001 11:27 am

Hey,

To those of you that think that all muslims are terrorists..think again.

In Tehran, Iran a candlelight vigil was done in a square.

Also, today Iran and Bahrain had a moment of silence before starting their soccer game.

Regards,
American_4275

skyhawk

RE: A Moment Of Silence...

Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:26 pm

According to your bio, you are not very old, just a young teenager right? On that basis I have to tell you that I find it hard to believe that the people in Teheran were very upset over what happened on Tuesday. You weren't alive when the people in Iran took over our embassy and held our people hostage for over one year. So to see these same people in a candlelight vigil, well I simple don't believe it.

tupolev154b2

Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:28 pm

skyhawk

Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:34 pm

Maybe I should clarify myself just a bit. I should have said that I didn't doubt that the act happened, but that I doubted any sincerity of any of thier part. My apologies to you American_4275 and God bless America.

American_4275
Topic Author

Skyhawk

Sun Sep 16, 2001 1:52 am

Skyhawk,

Just because I am a teenager doesn't mean I am not fully aware of what is going on and yes I do know about the Iran hostage crisis. Need I remind you that took place in 1979? Relations between two countries can change and while Iran and the U.S. have still not completely mended their relationship, Iran does indeed have sympathy for the U.S. Obviously there will be a certain small percentage which will probably think otherwise, but we have that percentage here too (i.e. when we started bombing Iraq). Another fact which leads me to believe that Iran cares is that they are strongly against the Taliban, as is the U.S. If the Iranians didn't give a damn about what happened in the U.S. they would not waste their time in going to a candlelight vigil. Of course you probably didn't hear this on the news because the U.S. doesn't bother to go in depth enough to find out what the middle eastern nations such as Iran are doing to show their sympathy. It always has to be BAD. The news in the United States is completely biased.

I can see where you are coming from, Skyhawk, but I ask that you also try to look at this from my point of view.

God Bless,
American_4275

skyhawk

RE: Skyhawk

Sun Sep 16, 2001 2:39 am

First of all American_4275, Teheran took place in 1980, not 1979, not a big deal just want to get the proper numbers in the right place. OK? Your have every right to you view and/or take on things. That is one of the things on which our country is based. I don't have to agree with you on them nor do you have to agree with me on a particular subject. But my feelings come from what has happened in the past, Teheran, where I lost my best friend and roommate. I'll tell you about Holly in a minute. I flew for 21 years for PanAm and went into some of these countries that harbor terrorists, and without trying to belittle you because of your age, let me just say that I don't trust them(not as a whole but in general).

Holly too was a F/A for PanAm. She spoke fluent Farsi and was in Teheran visiting her boyfriend that was an American work for Bell Helicopter International. When Teheran fell and Bell Helicopter was evacuating their people, Holly got left behind just because she wasn't a Bell employee. We never heard from her again, don't know if she was killed or if she was thrown into white slavery because of her looks(a real knockout, 5'9", blond hair, blue eyes, and a figure to boot).

Anyway, just wanted to put things straight with you, best of luck in your future endeavors. God bless Almerica.

Klaus

Skyhawk

Sun Sep 16, 2001 3:30 am

Skyhawk: When Teheran fell and Bell Helicopter was evacuating their people, Holly got left behind just because she wasn't a Bell employee. We never heard from her again

You are right; That is very sad. Nothing can change that. I hope for her best!  Sad

Politically, however, a lot has changed over the years. As it appears, the iranian people are getting sick and tired of the oppression and the irrational rule of a few fanatics. The "revolutionary guardians" are retreating; The fanatics are trying to fight against the ever-increasing momentum of the reform movement; But in the latest elections, their turnout was dismal. They are frantically clinging to their last strongholds in the state, but the actual government is led by the reformers, already.

It is very, very strange, but Iran might actually become a reasonably democratic state, at some point in the future...