Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

jm-airbus320
Topic Author

It's Almost 2 Weeks, Do You Still Want The War?

Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:26 am

It's been two weeks (just a few days shy), do you still feel the need for the "war" or are your feelings changing. I saw students and even victims families on the television asking for peace. How do you guys feel?

Jm-airbus320

jessman

RE: It's Almost 2 Weeks, Do You Still Want The War?

Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:53 am

Yes, I'd love to sit back and be bombed again. Maybe this time we'll get a suitcase nuke bought off the russian black market. Maybe some especially nasty strain of Anthrax. Oh boy. What a great Idea of peace
 Yeah sure
anyway, do those of you who cry "peace" really think those out there who believe the citizens of America are the Great Satan are going to leave it at a WTC bombing and a Pentagon strike?
The threat must be stopped. You can't just close your eyes and make it go away. What is the reasoning behind that Confused

AS737900

Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:55 am

Oh yes... let's just forgive and forget. Afterall, they couldn't have really meant to do what they did...  Yeah sure

Let's send the message that we want peace and eliminate all military presence... so they can hit us even harder next time. Hmmm... lemme see here...

I'm sorry, but people calling for peace now just irritate the hell out of me! Let's get these terrorist (expletives deleted)s and lock them up for life with only brussel sprouts and water to eat in a dark cell with no communication with the outside world. And pipe Britney Spears music into their cells.  Smile

jessman

Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:56 am

Unless I'm not clear enough, Yes I am still for the war.
I am still for my country. I am still for self preservation, and the preservation of freedom.

Bryan Becker

Sat Sep 22, 2001 11:15 am

ya A Men to that boys all the way,They all must be eliminated,or they will always poss a threat.I show no mercy to them and the nations who help them.May they all rot in hell.

(370)-3 days of no mercy

N312RC

Sat Sep 22, 2001 11:25 am

The people that suffered in the worst terrorist attack ever... I cant stop thinking about them..

I believe we should go to war.. These people need to be brought to justice.
My views as expressed above are my views alone and do not constitute the views of my employer.

Sat Sep 22, 2001 12:35 pm

Yes, I still think we need to go to war.

WSRegal
(D) Texas

Ryefly

Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:08 pm

I sure do. Think of it this way. A small group of people break into your house and smashes your living room to bits, and kills your brother and cousin. You know who did it but it will be hard to track them and their gang down. You know that there is a good chance they could come back or go to your friends house next. How could anyone just sit back and not defend there house, family and friends from such a terror? I'm sorry but I live in this country, this is my home. I have visited both buildings attacked several times so it could have been me under the rubble on Tuesday, or I could been on one of those flights. While I did not know anyone personally who died in this attack, they were our brothers (Americans) and our cousins from all over the World. You can be damn sure I will not forget, give up, or back down to these bastards as long as I am on this Earth.

go canada!

Sun Sep 23, 2001 2:45 am

yes i do back any action against terrorists.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

GDB

Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:28 am

It's a good sign that there was no half thought-out 'cruise missile' retaliation soon after the outrages, better to plan, try to get decent intelligence and do it right.
So what that Bin-Laden's mob might have left their camps by now?
You can bet they did that at the time of, or just after, the attacks in the US.

9A-CRO
Editor

Sun Sep 23, 2001 5:55 am

the term "war" should be defined - I ma certainly agains mass retaliation against afghan people (which I doubt it will happen) but a limited and pi-point response against terrorist gropus - and most valuable troops will be intelligence mass-attack would be like tryng to shoot down a mosquito with a stinger missile instead of clapping it with hand
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward...

Western727

Sun Sep 23, 2001 5:58 am

In a word, yes. Not for revenge. Not for retaliation, but to eliminate the threat of terrorism which is encroaching on our freedoms.
Jack @ AUS

Sun Sep 23, 2001 6:34 am

I agree that some sort of (intelligent) military response is required.

The ball is now in the civilised world's court, and we cannot afford not to respond; terrorists would perceive that as a green light to attempt more strikes on us.

It is great to see the level of solidarity that exists amongst America and her allies, and their joint willingness to coordinate a carefully measured response.

Even Iran's Khatami has denounced the attacks. That is something special.

We are in this together.

Regards

b757300

Sun Sep 23, 2001 6:49 am

I say it is time to go kick ass and take names.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

JetService

Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:22 am

[SARCASM]I say give peace a chance. Even though I know the terror will not stop unless something is done and doing nothing will result in more innocent American deaths, and even though I realize that eventually the terror groups WILL have a portable nuke, it still makes me feel morally superior and all gushy inside to say 'Give peace a chance'. Oh, by the way, I'm sobbing as I say that.[/SARCASM]
"Shaddap you!"

Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:46 am

I say it is time to go kick ass and take names.

You willing to wait for them to figure out who's donkey to kick or do you just want the US to blindly hit out at anyone without proof?

Stupid posts like yours are offensive to all reasonably minded people.

VH-ADG

AerLingus

Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:53 am

If you think that we can 'eliminate them all' with a decisive military action, you are sorely wrong. They are training children to be soldiers and they have already been drilled into thinking that the US is pure evil.
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

heavymetal

Sun Sep 23, 2001 8:25 am

I'd remind you that yes, it's been two weeks almost. And the Taliban, who on Wednesday the 12th were practically begging the United States not to incinerate them, have all taken their little 'brave' pills again and are throwing it in our faces.

We'll never forget the pain of 9/11. For their sake, the extremists in Central Asia better never forget their fear of 9/12.

Though I have a feeling they already have. Pity.

Alpha 1

Sun Sep 23, 2001 8:35 am

My feelings haven't changed on bit. Not one. Get these bastards, wherever they are, and get rid of them, no matter how long it takes.

b757300

Sun Sep 23, 2001 8:46 am

ADG, I am not going to let you draw me into another argument. You just can't resist another chance to snipe @ me. If you want to act like an ass, you can do it without me.

Johan, if you want to delete this post go ahead. I just wanted ADG to know that I will not support her need to attack me.

Trvlr

Sun Sep 23, 2001 10:15 am

Aw yeah, during the past few weeks I've sat back and thought for awhile, and concluded that "maybe terrorists aren't so bad after all."

Haha...yeah right. What people need to realize is that what the United States and the world is starting now is not a conventional "war" but in essence a huge escalation and redirecting of counterterrorism efforts that have been going on for years (although they've been pretty badly run), with the added help of the general military force here and there, only when unavoidably needed. And I am all for it.

Aaron G.

Twotterwrench

Sun Sep 23, 2001 10:59 am

Big piles of smoldering, dead towelheads! Get em boys!

I Like To Fly

Sun Sep 23, 2001 11:11 am

c72

Sun Sep 23, 2001 11:49 am

YES!

VirginA340

Sun Sep 23, 2001 12:00 pm

Bomb the Taliban and Bin Laden. As far as I;m concerned; They're dead men walking. Thank god clinton isn't in office otherwise he won't do a damn thing. How many times do we have to listen to Tree hugging, bleeding heart, Starbucks drinking Liberal BS on how we should find peace. Screw That!!!! PA 103, Khobar Towers, USS Cole. and 2 US Embassy bombings later we are finally getting rvenge. This should've been done along time ago.

The deadmen walikgn just awoke a sleeping giant and will face a Vindictive US. Enough of the Liberalism. Bomb those anti american punks now!!!
"FUIMUS"

tupolev154b2

Sun Sep 23, 2001 12:19 pm

Yes lets go and blow them up except lets keep our targets limited to the terrorists' camps and not the cities where the innocent people live.

Boeing Nut

Sun Sep 23, 2001 12:27 pm

To answer the question.....

Do I want war against terrorism?...

YOUR DAMN RIGHT I DO!!!!!
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

Bryan Becker

Sun Sep 23, 2001 12:41 pm

to be very honest with ya,I'm very "pro-american".And the terrorist are "pro-dumb ass".To make a long story short, I would take my self to the extremes in order to protect my country and my freedom.You know every one out there needs to put there foot down.I have right on those little dorks "cerb shot".I'm with this 100%
An act with a act.

Alpha 1

Sun Sep 23, 2001 12:41 pm

Username: Tupolev154B2
Posted 09-23-01 05:19 and read 8 times.
"Yes lets go and blow them up except lets keep our targets limited to the terrorists' camps and not the cities where the innocent people live."

You mean, just like the terrorists are doing, right? (major sarcasm there).

Wake up people-in a war, innocent people get killed-and we're ahead in the dead innocent count right now, 7000 to 0. Some people need to stop saying "don't kill innocent people, U.S!!" Sorry folks, I don't like the idea of women and children getting killed, but I won't condemn my government when Kabul is bombed and civilians die, either.

Bryan Becker

Sun Sep 23, 2001 12:45 pm

to be very honest with ya,I'm very "pro-american".And the terrorist are "pro-dumb ass".To make a long story short, I would take my self to the extremes in order to protect my country and my freedom.You know every one out there needs to put there foot down.I have right on those little dorks "cerb shot".I'm with this 100%
An act with a act.

Bryan Becker

Sun Sep 23, 2001 12:46 pm

oops sorry my comp got messed up and it posted twice don't bother with the second one sorry about that......

b757300

Sun Sep 23, 2001 1:05 pm

I Like To Fly, I just about feel out of my chair seeing that. I wish I had though of it.

Sun Sep 23, 2001 1:09 pm

Yes I am for war, What the media needs to do is KEEP SHOWING THE CRASHES! THIS will be tough to swallow for the victims families, but, it will keep the US motivated during a long drawn out conflict that hasnt even started. Thats what the people making the decisions need, the US standing behind them, no peace riots and things of that nature. I know It pisses me off everytime I see it, and makes me want to go back in the navy (almost) and serve this great country!

RE:Aer Lingus

Sun Sep 23, 2001 1:14 pm

I know, I know, Aer Lingus, Britain needs to fight a two front war, with the US in the Gulf, and kill off the IRA!

On another note, if you are a US citizen and calling for peace, you are a hippy, peace loving, bell bottom wearin', Ganja smokin'  Big thumbs up, goody to shoes.

Sun Sep 23, 2001 1:52 pm

B757300,

ADG, I am not going to let you draw me into another argument. You just can't resist another chance to snipe @ me. If you want to act like an ass, you can do it without me.

I didn't respond because of who you are rather the what you posted. The world needs levelheadedness now, not overreactionary lunatics who want to nuke the world.

Johan can delete what he likes, it won't change the fact that your post was entirely inappropriate.

VH-ADG