Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

lambourne
Topic Author

British Taliban Fighters

Tue Oct 30, 2001 4:31 am

I could not believe my eyes tonight on UK TV news which had interviews with some British muslims openly saying they are recruiting other muslim extremists to go to Afghanistan to fight any US & British soldiers wherever they might be.
How dare they, I thought that was called treason. I cannot stomach these people. I presume when they've killed a few of our troops they'll come back home and get in using their British passports. These lunatics have no right to live here after saying this.
The authorities appear spineless and won't act because of the Human Rights Act and the fact that there has to be a declaration of war for it to be treason. I am convinced my country has gone stark staring mad. I am sure that if lived in Afghanistan and was lucky enough to find a TV crew and said I would fight for the US and UK forces, my head would be chopped off the same day.

heavymetal

RE: British Taliban Fighters

Tue Oct 30, 2001 4:38 am

They are in essence calling for an overthrown of the government in wartime conditions. Jail them. On the spot.

Or else? Or else you find yourself in some backwater mideast sh**hole(their turf) fighting door-to-door with them, in great peril to your own troops.

Tue Oct 30, 2001 4:51 am

I was very upset to hear people doing this, especially because the more then likely got the money for their travels from the UK tax payers!! They have said, they will be tried if the come back to the UK, but I think that is complete BULLSHIT! STOP THEM FROM GOING IN THE FIRST PLACE!
Why they hell do they go to that country, and then fight agianst it! I just hope they die, like the couple who went over there the other week!!
Iain

ryanb741

Tue Oct 30, 2001 5:17 am

Let them go and die. We have no need for these people in our society. 4 were killed last week. Less money for us to pay in welfare anyway.....
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

Whistler

Tue Oct 30, 2001 5:20 am

I read that any UK citizen captured while fighting for the taliban will be charged with treason, one of the few crimes in the UK punishable with death. Too bad most of the people saying they want to fight for the taliban are spineless cowards that would never ACTUALLY do it, they wont get executed.

GDB

Tue Oct 30, 2001 5:36 am

Notice those who shout the loudest for 'Jihad' in the UK, promising paradise after death for those stupid enough to believe them, don't themselves get around to going to their war?
I cannot imagine these idiots will be of any use, even the Taliban have asked for foreign supporters to stop coming.
Cannot see some prick from the UK, influenced by the loudmouths at his university, being much use against US/UK special forces.
He'd probably be confined to whipping women for laughing in public or something similar.

Tue Oct 30, 2001 5:52 am

In each country you will find loons, cowards who simply want attention.

A couple of things don't seem right. How can you need a declaration of war when your own PM says "we are at war" .. whether Afghanistan declared war on the UK or not, the UK has declared war on Afghanistan. Any dissidents who threaten to go fight for Afghanistan *are* traitors and as such should be charged, there is scope within the British laws to do so.

A far better idea would be to identify who they are, pack them up .. and parachute them into Afghanistan.

See .. problem easily solved.

Just as a point of interest. These loons are in all western countries, most of them having come over in boats (or through that tunnel), making false claims of refugee status.

VH-ADG

Tue Oct 30, 2001 6:06 am

Does the UK have crimes punishable by death?
I thought death sentances didn't exist in the UK  Confused

Regards

RoyalDutch

Tue Oct 30, 2001 6:09 am

Hope those pukes have a personal encounter with some of your SAS dudes in Afghanistan! Serve 'em right!

bombstar

Tue Oct 30, 2001 6:28 am

Almost every country including UK and Canada have death penalties for military involvements. This would include treason.

VirginA340

Tue Oct 30, 2001 1:36 pm

So they hate US and UK but those bastards are here for our money and hookers. Charges the Mofos with treason and let them be Big Bubba's bitch and have their crap pushed in. Once they had a few years of being somebody's boy them we can drown them at Traitor's Gate.
"FUIMUS"

Aussiemite

Tue Oct 30, 2001 1:41 pm

isnt the max penalty for treason death by firing squad? I think it's appropriate.

Banco

Wed Oct 31, 2001 1:08 am

I think you'll find that most of the last remaining conditions under which the death penalty could be applied were repealed about two years ago. Even if it remained on the statute book the sentence couldn't be carried out as it against both EU law and the Human Rights Act which is now enshrined into British law.

One of the conditions of EU membership is that the death penalty cannot be applied.

My God, I've just realised there IS something I like about the EU!

Finally, even if assume that the death penalty can be carried out it might be viewed as being just a tad of an overreaction around the world. I believe they can be prosecuted though again that might be counterproductive. Ah well, the price of living in a democracy is that people have the right to do waht they want, no matter how others might view it. Kind of ironic really, as they wouldn't have such a right under the Taliban.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

Wed Oct 31, 2001 3:19 am

I read the article in the times, and it seems there are a few that want to go, what surprised me so much was how most of them where born in England! I do not think the edath penalty is an overecation, they went to war against us, why should they be allowed back in!
Luckily all the guys that go over there, have very little weapons, fight knowledge, so they will all probably be killed!
See what problems come with being obsessed by religion!
Iain

EGGD

Wed Oct 31, 2001 9:27 am

Hi guys,

I posted a similar topic just before without seeing this one (it got deleted Big grin). I'd just like to say that i am so outraged by these people, who come to the UK to reside, and get a better life with more money, better job prospects, and a safer environment for their children and then they go f*ck off for their religion.

This is treason, arrogance, and total disrespect to the British. These people should be Hung drawn and quartered, i don't see why we should waste our taxpayers money, our foreign offices time on these people when they are not going to give us anything back in return. Especially considering most of these 'taliban fighters' are on the dole here anyway, leaching off our government.

The best idea would be to put them out on the front line of the UK/US forces or in the northern alliances territory and let them get shot down by their own allies (the taliban) so they can go and rot in our hell.

Dan

Carioca Canuck

Wed Oct 31, 2001 9:35 am

They don't cal it "LONDONISTAN" for nothing you know.

Wed Oct 31, 2001 11:55 am

You think thats bad???

There are Israeli members of Parliament (arabs) who call for the destruction of the state and support the terrorists who bomb teen discos!!

Hows that for treason? Yet, they are still in office.

Imagine a Jewish parliament memeber in Iran publicly supporting Israel!  Laugh out loud

tnnh

GDB

Thu Nov 01, 2001 4:02 am

You wouldn't see treason leading to a death penalty unless the UK was in a world war 3 type situation, when the countries goverment would be dispersed and ruling under an emergency powers act.
In peacetime, you would get 25 years to life.
The last UK citizen was hanged for treason was in 1945.
William Joyce, a.k.a. 'Lord Haw-Haw' (lampooning his voice), broadcast propagander from Nazi Germany.
A facist, he was captured after the defeat of Germany, and tried for treason. His defence was that he was actually of mixed Irish/German citizenship.
Then his British passport was found....
Next stop was the gallows at Wandsworth prison.
Another pre-war facist, infiltrated Allied prisoners of war in Germany to try and get information.
He got hanged too.

777kicksass

Thu Nov 01, 2001 4:15 am

In UK the only current death penalty is to be hanged for treason!!

heavymetal

Thu Nov 01, 2001 7:16 am

Banco you say this:

Finally, even if assume that the death penalty can be carried out it might be viewed as being just a tad of an overreaction around the world.

Where exactly?

Nations using the death penalty as a means of justice geographically start just the other side of Western Europe and reach all the way around the world to the tip of Maine, just over the Pond to your west.

Indeed, be-heading is one of the preferred methods of justice in lands not a few hours plane flight from London.

I admire the EU's stand on the death penalty even if I don't fully agree with it, but to infer that this form of punishment is some uncivilized throwback to the days of the caliphs and sultans and peg-legged ship captains...is a tad arrogant.

Banco

Thu Nov 01, 2001 8:59 pm

Heavymetal:

I should have been more specific. There are numerous countries and people who do not favour the US/UK position in all of this. Can you imagine the reaction in Pakistan where the government are in a very delicate situation at present?

I'm not sure why you take such extreme umbrage at the rest of it though. I'm well aware that many countries, democracies, continue with the death penalty. My personal revulsion at executions doesn't mean that I think I'm right and you are wrong. It's more complicated than that and everyone has the right to their own view. I was merely pointing out that quite a lot of people would view a prosecution for treason (even if it could be successfully mounted) as another arrogant western nation persecuting Islam.

Creating martyrs (figuratively or in actuality) is usually a mistake.

She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.